CMAT 2023 application form will tentatively be released in November/December 2022. The CMAT 2023 entrance test is organized by the NTA every year. It is a nationwide entry-level test that is carried out for admission to different management courses. Based on CMAT scores, applicants will be granted admission to different management institutions located in the country. Using the CMAT score, over 1000 participating institutions will accept admission.
Applicants are expected to qualify for the appropriate cut-off to be eligible for admission, which will be announced by each participating institution. Applicants will also be expected to clear the GD & PI round that the respective institution will conduct. This article gives you all the CMAT information, including exam dates, syllabus, admit card, the application process, etc.
CMAT 2023 application form will tentatively be released in November/December 2022.
Changes Made in CMAT 2021:
- The CMAT question paper now includes a new section. Innovation and Entrepreneurship, a new section with 25 questions, will be an optional section.
- Students who choose the Innovation and Entrepreneurship section will receive an additional 30 minutes, bringing the total time available to students to 3 hours and 30 minutes. Those who do not choose the new optional section will have three hours to finish the paper.
- Candidates can now choose whether or not to take the new section when applying for the test. More information will be available soon.
Table of Contents
CMAT 2023 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Common Management Admission Test|
|Also Known As||CMAT|
|Conducted By||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based (online) mode|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Duration||3 hours (180 minutes) + 30 minutes for optional paper|
|Validity of Scorecard||One year|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Question Type||Multiple choice questions (Objective type)|
|Sections||Total four, namely logical reasoning quantitative techniques and data interpretation general awareness language comprehension and verbal ability|
|Purpose of Exam||Admission to management programs at participating institutes|
|Reservation of Seats||As per GOI norms|
Here we have provided the exam dates according to the exam conducting body.
|Start of Application Process||November 2022|
|Last date to Submit the Application form||To be announced|
|Online Correction Window||To be announced|
|Release of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Release of Answer Key||To be announced|
|Declaration of results||To be announced|
|Merit list||To be announced|
The registration process for CMAT 2023 will started in March 2023. Applicants must first register to obtain CMAT login credentials (User ID and Password) before completing the CMAT Application Form 2023. Applicants must provide their personal and past academic information and upload all documents required such as passport size photograph and signature when completing the CMAT 2023 registration form. Candidates can follow the instructions given below to fill out the CMAT 2023 application form.
Steps to fill CMAT 2023 Application Form
Step 1 – CMAT Registration
Step 2 – Using the CMAT login details to fill the CMAT 2023 application form
Step 3 – Upload scanned copies of the latest photograph as well as the signature. The color of the photograph should be colored or black and white (contrast has to be clear). The photograph size has to be between 10 kb to 200 kb in (jpg/ jpeg) format whereas the signature size has to be between 4 kb to 30 kb in (jpg/ jpeg) format.
Step 4 – Pay the amount required to be to paid for the CMAT 2023 application
Step 5 – Finally take a printout of the confirmation page for any future purpose.
Payment Mode: CMAT ‘s fee payment is done using debit/credit card/net banking/PayTM/UPI (up to 11:50 p.m. up to bank hours) via online mode.
The application fee of CMAT is provided below:
|Category||Application Fee (For Boys)||Application Fee (For Girls)|
|General – EWS/ OBC- NCL candidate||1000||1000|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||800||700|
|AIMA MAT||ATMA||IGNOU OPENMAT|
|KIITEE KSOM MBA||IPU CET BBA||MUCMET|
The Eligibility Criteria for CMAT 2023 include 2 significant eligibility requirements for the CMAT Exam. The CMAT test eligibility for entry into CMAT 2023 is the very first part of the CMAT criteria for eligibility and part 2 of CMAT 2023 eligibility is post-CMAT exam eligibility with cut-offs needed by each of the institutes that are going to accept CMAT 2023 scores to offer AICTE authorized MBA / PGDM programs.
The CMAT 2023 examination conducting body, the National Testing Agency (NTA), releases the CMAT eligibility criteria. The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) 2023 is an MBA admission exam for MBA 2023, which provides authorized management programs from AICTE to 1000 Management Institutes. CMAT 2023 will be NTA rather than AICTE.
CMAT 2023 Eligibility criteria for applicants of the general and reserved categories define unique percentages of marks in the graduation degree. For either category of applicants, that being said, there is no age bar to apply for the NTA CMAT 2023 exam.
The National Testing Agency ( NTA) has prepared the following key eligibility criteria for NTA-CMAT 2023:
|CMAT 2023 Eligibility Component||Eligibility Requirement|
|Citizenship||The candidate should be an Indian Citizen|
|Minimum Education||The candidate should have passed with 15 years of minimum education in any discipline from a Recognized University/Institute|
|Minimum Percentage of Marks in Graduation||For the General Category, 50% minimum marks are required, while for SC/ST/PWD category 45% marks are required.|
|Eligibility for Candidates in Final Year of Graduation||Final year candidates of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose results will be announced prior to the start of admission for the academic year 2023-24 are also eligible|
|Age Limit to apply for CMAT 2023||The is no restriction of age|
CMAT Exam Eligibility 2023 for General & NC-OBC Candidates
The following conditions are prescribed for General & NC-OBC candidates:
- The applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% or equivalent CGPA marks.
- Applicants are also eligible to apply for CMAT 2011 while in the final year of graduation.
- If shortlisted, applicants in the final year will be permitted to enter the programme on a provisional basis only if they submit a certificate/mark sheet at the earliest by the specified date defined by the management institute to which they have applied.
- Applicants who have finished a professional degree with a minimum 50 percent mark (CA / CS / ICWA)
CMAT Exam Eligibility 2023 for SC/ST/PwD Candidates
CMAT examination eligibility criteria prescribe the following eligibility and qualifications for reserved category applicants who wish to apply for CMAT 2023:
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) applicants require 45% marks in graduation categories.
- Applicants are also eligible to apply for CMAT 2023 in the final year of graduation.
- Applicants who have achieved a professional degree with a minimum of 45% mark (CA / CS / ICWA)
Key Points to ensure your CMAT Eligibility 2023
- CMAT eligibility does not require any age bar to be eligible in the CMAT 2023 exam.
- Graduation degree should be acknowledged by UGC, approved by AICTE, acknowledged by the Government of India,
- The applicant for CMAT 2023 must fulfill one of the following criteria for CMAT 2023 eligibility.
- A. Bachelor’s degree with the necessary mark percentage, or
- B. Completed professional degree (CA / CS / ICWA) with the percentage required, or
- C. Should be with the required percentage in the final year of Bachelor
- On the basis of practice, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated as followed by the respective university/institution.
- In the case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to a percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified in accordance with the eligibility criteria for the CMAT examination by the respective university/institution.
- If any university/institution confirms that there is no system for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the CGPA applicant by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100 according to the eligibility requirement of CMAT 2023.
- The mere fulfillment of the 2023 minimum CMAT eligibility criteria will not ensure acknowledgment by B-schools for shortlisting.
- Another of the key points defined by the eligibility of NTA-CMAT 2023 is that applicants must state and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number during the entire selection process.
Who is Not Eligible for CMAT 2023? NTA clarifies…
- You are not eligible to apply for CMAT 2023 if you are not pursuing or completing your Bachelor’s degree or any professional degree such as CA / CS / ICWA.
- You are not eligible for CMAT 2023 if you have scored below 50 percent as a general category applicant and below 45 percent as an SC / ST / PwD applicant.
- If UGC / AICTE / MHRD-Govt does not acknowledge your graduation. You are not qualified to participate in CMAT 2023 from India.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2023
NTA will prescribe the CMAT 2023 exam pattern which will specify the total number of questions, the topics from which questions will be asked and the total time duration. The total time duration for CMAT 2023 will be three hours (180 minutes). Applicants can check the prescribed exam pattern of CMAT from the table which is given below.
- Exam mode: The CMAT 2023 exam will be held in online (computer-based) mode.
- Paper Duration: The time duration of the question paper will be of 3 hours (Students who choose the Innovation and Entrepreneurship section will receive an additional 30 minutes).
- Type of questions: The type of questions present in the paper will be objective type.
- Total Marks: The paper will consist of a total of 400 marks.
- Medium Language: The language in which the paper will be available in the English language.
- Marking Pattern: For each correct response, 4 marks will be given.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted, for every wrong answer,.
In the table given below, candidates can check the distribution of questions and marks:
|Topics||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
|New section: Innovation & Entrepreneurship (optional)||25||100|
|Total||100 + 25||400 + 100|
CMAT Syllabus 2023
The CMAT 2023 exam syllabus includes all the topics and chapters from which the entrance exam question is asked. Applicants can easily map out their exam preparation strategy in terms of a detailed CMAT syllabus.
- Indian Constitution
- Personalities in News
- Trade Awareness
- Culture Politics
- Science in everyday life
- Current affairs of national and international economy
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation:
- Ratio & Proportion
- Number Systems
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
- Profit & Loss
- Line Graph
- Quadratic & Linear Equation
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Pipes & Cistern
- English Grammar
- Sentence Correction
- Idioms and Phrases
- Paragraph Completion
- Sentence Improvement
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumble
- Paragraph Completion
- One- word Substitution
- Analytical Reasoning
- Coding and Decoding
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Analogy Test
- Statements Assumptions
- NUmber SEries
- Blood Relationship
- Direction and Distance Test
- Symbol Based Problems
- Ranking Tests
- Cause and Effects
CMAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates may review the CMAT Preparation Tips give below for better exam preparation:
- Attempt the mock test and analyze the preparations for the exam.
- Review the recommended CMAT syllabus and pattern details.
- Make the effort to create a routine for studying and follow it consistently.
- Attempt papers and sample papers for good practice from the past year.
- Revision is crucial so that candidates have to regularly review the notes they develop.
- Write notes of significant points and periodically go through these notes.
Recommended Books for CMAT 2023
Applicants may refer to the books below in preparation for the CMAT 2023 entry test.
|Name of Books||Name of Author/ Publication|
|MAT Solved Paper||Disha Experts|
|The Pearson MAT super course with CD||Pearson|
|Barron’s guide for MAT||Eugene D. Jaffe|
|MAT Entrance Guide||Deepak Aggarwal|
|Study package for MAT||Arun Sharma|
CMAT Mock Test 2023
The NTA will publish the CMAT 2023 mock test ahead of the CMAT entrance test. Applicants can learn from the 2023 CMAT mock test and get a clue of the framework of the test, the overall number of questions, etc. Most significantly, candidates will get to understand how various sections can be navigated.
CMAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for all eligible applicants is published by NTA. Candidates can get hisher CMAT 2023 admit card online by submitting their application number and password / date of birth on the official website, i.e. cmat.nta.nic.in. Applicants should download their CMAT 2023 admit card and take a prnt out as well, since they are needed to go along with it to the exam center and a valid photo identification proof.
In the event of any inconsistencies in their CMAT 2023 admit card, applicants should notify authorities as quickly as possible. The applicants’ CMAT 2023 admit card includes their name, date of birth, father’s name, gender, category, the application number, examination details, etc.
How to Download the Admit Card CMAT
The process of downloading the CMAT Admit 2023 card is given below. The download of CMAT admit cards will remain open until the day of the CMAT exam. As NTA is conducting the CMAT 2023 in a single shift, applicants should print the CMAT 2023 Admit cards from the NTA website and not from the AICTE-CMAT website.
Gven below are the instructions download your CMAT Admit Card
- First, go to the official Website of NTA.
- Find and Select the ‘Download Admit Card’ link.
- You will be redirected to the CMAT Admit card 2023 download page.
- Here you need to provide your Application Number, Password, and Security Pin.
- Finally, you will be able to view your CMAT Admit Card.
- Now download the admit card and take a printout for any future references.
- Make sure to review all essential details like your name, date of birth, and other information.
- Keep in mind that only applicants who had registered before will be able to download the CAT 2023 Admit card.
CMAT 2023 Exam Centers
As CMAT is a national level examination, on the basis of first come first serve, the test centers will be allocated to the applicants. After submitting the registration fee, the decisions of the test cities may be submitted. Check the list given below for the test centers.
|Delhi/ New Delhi||Kozhikode||Coimbatore|
|Jabalpur||Rajkot||Allahabad / Prayagraj|
|Hisar||Aurangabad (MR)||Greater Noida / Noida|
CMAT 2023 Answer Key
NTA will publish on the website both the provisional and the final response key of CMAT 2023. In the month of February 2023, it will be published. It will be plausible for the applicants to measure the likely score of the exam through the CMAT Answer key.
Applicants will also be able to contest the tentative answer key that was published. Applicants will be needed to pay a processing fee (non-refundable) of Rs.1000 for each question to challenge the response key. The debit/credit card/net banking method can be used to pay for it. After this, the final answer key will be presented on the website.
How to Check CMAT Answer Key
After reviewing the CMAT 2023 question paper, answer keys and your response sheet, the objections are checked, verified and submitted in two steps:
Step-1: Check CMAT Question Paper &Answer Keys
- Visit the official website of CMAT 2023.
- Find and select the Display Question paper and Responses option
- Now log in by providing your CMAT application number and password Or you can log in using your application number and date of birth.
- Provide the CMAT question paper question ID and the answer options will appear on the screen.
- After this, you will be able to view the CMAT question paper, question ID, and answer option IDs
- In order to check the CMAT answer sheet, you will have to follow the instructions provided for step 2.
Step-2: Check CMAT Response Sheet
- Visit the official website of CMAT 2023.
- Find and click on the Challenge Answer Keys option.
- Now you have to login by providing your CMAT application number and password Or with application number and date of birth
- Provide the CMAT response sheet with the question ID and answer ID that you had attempted.
- In order to review the right responses, you need to review each question one by one and cross-check which is the correct answer option ID for the question.
- If you are not happy with the correct answer key as provided on the CMAT website, you will have the option to challenge the answer keys by filing the claim after paying a fee of Rs. 1000/- per question
CMAT Result 2023
The result of CMAT 2023 will likely be declared by the NTA in the first week of February 2023. Applicants have to fill in their CMAT login credentials while accessing the CMAT 2023 scorecard. On the grounds of the CMAT outcome, the National Testing Agency will start preparing the merit list. For the next round of the screening process, qualified applicants will have to take part. The CMAT scorecard will show the highest score, the overall marks acquired in each section, and also the NTA score. On the CMAT 2023 scorecard, the total percentile will be listed.
Steps to Download CMAT 2023 Score Card?
Candidates will be able to download the CMAT score card 2023 in following three steps:
- Step-1: Visit the NTA CMAT 2023 website.
- Step-2: Find and select the Download Score Card option.
- Step-3: Submit the CMAT 2023 Application number & Password Or enter CMAT 2023 Application number & Date of Birth.
CMAT Cutoff 2023
After the publication of the results of CMAT 2023, the participating institutes will publish their own cutoff. In order to receive admission to the offered MBA programs, applicants have to obtain required marks to qualify for the next evaluation rounds. Specific variables are taken into account during the preparation of the CMAT cutoff.
Previous Year CMAT Cutoff
|Name of Institutes||CMAT Cutoff|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Pune||75 Percentile|
|Dr. D.Y Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune||75 Percentile|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||82 Percentile|
|XISS Ranchi||95 Percentile|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi||85 Percentile|
|Pune University Department of Management Studies (PUMBA DMS)||96.42 Percentile|
|MET Institute of Management, Mumbai||97.27 Percentile|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||99.20 Percentile|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||99.85 Percentile|
|We School Mumbai||99.06 Percentile|
CMAT Selection Process 2023
The CMAT 2023 selection process consists of a Written Ability Test (WAT), a Group Discussion (GD) and a Personal Interview (PI). For the selection rounds, applicants who qualify will have to show up. These applicants will be selected to actively participate in the CMAT screening process by the participating institutions.
Group Discussion or commonly referred to as GD, which is part of the selection process of CMAT 2023, where applicants will be split into a group of 8 to 10 and a specific subject will be allocated. The length of the GD round will be five to ten minutes and a few parameters will be used to evaluate the applicants.
- Conversation Skills
- Participation Level
- Managerial Skills
- Initiation Skill
- Confidence Level
- Closure Skills
- Negotiation Skills
For all of the participating institutes, the CMAT selection criteria might not be the same. A few of them will only organise the Personal Interview (PI) and will analyze applicants on the basis of their previous academic qualifications, hobbies , interests, work experience, etc.
CMAT 2023 Counselling
CMAT Counselling will not be subject to a common admission procedure carried out by the institution. The qualified applicants will be asked to take part in the screening process organized individually by the participating institutions. For different institutions, the admissions criteria will vary.
In order to select the applicants, the involved institutions will arrange the GD and PI rounds. To keep a watch on the admission schedule declared for admission, candidates will be required to remain connected with the preferred institute. The qualified applicants will eventually be chosen for their document verification round after the GD and PI rounds. With their full documents / certificates, students must be ready.
Applicants would have to complete the provided steps in order to be eligible in CMAT 2023 counseling.
Step 1 – Online Application Process
Step 2 – Choice filling
Step 3 – Verification of Document
Step 4 – Allotment of Seat
Step 5 – Reporting to the allotted college
CMAT Participating Institutes
Participating institutes of CMAT include the names of all top colleges that will offer enrollment to all those who satisfy the cut off requirements. Based on the CMAT score, more than a thousand B-schools will offer admittance to applicants. A few of the institutes involved in CMAT are mentioned below.
CMAT Participating Institutes
|Name of the CMAT Participating Institutes|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi|
|Acharya Bangalore Business School, Bangalore|
|Pune University MBA (PUMBA) Department of Management Sciences|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida|
|Pune University MBA (PUMBA) Department of Management Sciences|
|Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business (IISWBM), Kolkata|
|Doon Business School, Dehradun|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE) Mumbai|
|Doon Business School, Dehradun|
Until 2018, CMAT will be carried originally by AICTE. Nevertheless, according to the guidelines of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), the National Testing Agency ( NTA) of the Government of India took charge of the 2019 examination form. As of 2019, NTA began its participation in the conduct of major national level exams. The NTA is now conducting an examination to enable the selection of appropriate graduate candidates for admission to all management programs by institutions. NTA wants to develop a system that supports the teaching and learning system. It is the premier and independent testing agency that carries out examinations for admission to higher education programmes.
CMAT 2023 FAQ’S
In such a case, the applicant shall directly contact the immediate basis of the conducting entity. 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526 Telephone:
An applicant has to log in using his/her application number and password/date of birth on the official website. The admit card for CMAT 2023 will appear on the screen upon the submission of these two details.
There is no requirement for sending the CMAT 2023 admit card to the postal address of the applicant. The student’s sole obligation is to download the admit card from the official website.
There’s no sectional time limit in CMAT. A candidate’s total time allowed is 3 hours (180 minutes).
In order to know the reporting time of the exam, the applicant must check the admit card, as the admit card has information relating to the exam center, exam time, reporting time, etc.
The candidate shall carry a hard copy of the admit card with a photograph of 1 passport size and a valid proof of photo ID.
There’s no need to panic. Candidates can use their registered mobile number or registered email ID to retrieve the password. Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ button and follow the steps to get the password back.
The CMAT response key has the correct answer to all the questions asked in the written exam of the CMAT.
No, there is no provision for the issuance of the CMAT 2023 Admit Card Duplicate. Therefore, it is advised that you need to save and take at least 3-4 printouts of the CMAT 2023 Admit Card.
For every correct answer, the applicant is given 4 marks, and for every wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted.
The answer key is released by NTA so that applicants can check their likely or raw CMAT scores before the results.
Total CMAT score = 4 X (number of correct responses)-1 X (number of wrong responses)
The applicant must evaluate the answers given in the key with their answer sheet and use the marking scheme of CMAT to calculate the marks.
Applicants may use their registration details and password / date of birth to download the response sheet from the official website.
The answer sheet has the responses selected in the exam by the applicant. The applicant can examine his / her efficiency against the true responses given in the CMAT 2023 response key with the help of the response sheet.
To be sure, check your chosen college or course’s admissions or eligibility page for the list of accepted entrance exams. You can appear for the examination if it states that CMAT scores are accepted.
The maximum number of CMAT attempts does not have a limit. As long as you are eligible, you can show up for the examination any amount of times. It must be stated, that being said, that when applying for enrollment, only your latest attempt will be counted.
The IIMs do not accept CMAT scores. Only through the CAT exam can admission to IIMs be taken.
Yes, in India, there are many government MBA colleges that recognize CMAT admissions scores. A few of the finest examples of these will be PUMBA Pune, Indore University of Devi Ahilya, Pantnagar College of Agribusiness Management, etc.
Yes, you can apply if your result is declared prior to the start of the 2023-2023 admission session.
No, there is no prescribed age limit for CMAT.
No, the CMAT entrance test is conducted only once a year from the academic year 2016-17 onwards.
No, there are no NRI or foreign nationals eligible to apply for CMAT.
No, during the test, you will not be given any breaks.
No. At the test location, an applicant will have to take the test on the pre-assigned computer.