Common Admission Test also referred to as CAT is the national level entrance test to avail admission to the postgraduate courses in management.
CAT exam is conducted by different Indian Institute of Management all over the country on a rotation basis.
Candidates who are inclined to pursue MBA programs from IIMs or other reputed colleges of the country can apply for this entrance exam.
In this article, aspirants will find all the important detail regarding CAT – Common Admission Test Eligibility Criteria 2022, Qualification Required.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
CAT 2022 Detailed Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant can appear in CAT 2022 if they hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from a reputed college or university recognized by the central or state legislature.
- The cutoff percentage for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) categories is 45% of the total marks.
- Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination; or those who have already completed the final examination of the degree but are awaiting results can also appear for CAT 2022.
- Such candidates, if qualified, will be allowed to join a university only if they produce a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of their University/institution within the stipulated time period.
- There is no age-bar for CAT 2022.
Difference between CAT and IIM eligibility criteria
- A candidate will be eligible to appear in CAT 2022 exam with two years of graduation as per the old system.
- However, a Bachelor degree in a 2 year graduation will not make the candidate eligible to pursue the management course at IIMs.
- IIMs only recognize Bachelor degrees with minimum three years duration.
- Apart from this prominent difference, other criteria of eligibility for an applicant in both the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2022 and Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) remains the same.
Find the detailed article here: CAT 2022 – Common Admission Test.
For any queries regarding CAT 2022 eligibility criteria, please comment below.