The deadline for filing objections to the Common Admission Test (CAT) candidate response sheets is tomorrow, December 4. The candidates were given access to the CAT 2022 response sheet on December 1. Exam slots 1, 2, and 3 for the CAT 2022 were held on November 27 in three shifts. All three exam slots’ question papers were at a moderately tough level. According to professional CAT exam research, a raw score of 98 to 99 will result in a 99 percentile in 2022. In the first week of December, the official CAT 2022 answer and response sheet will most likely be made available. The common Admission Test is popularly known as CAT 2022, it is India’s most popular exam to get admission in IIMs and different B-Schools for Management, PG, and Doctoral Programs. Every year the CAT is conducted by the IIMs i.e. Indian Institute of Management. There are various B-Schools and Management Institutes that accept CAT scores as a primary criterion for the selection of admission to different Management, Post Graduate, and Doctoral Programs.
The deadline for filing objections to the Common Admission Test (CAT) candidate response sheets is tomorrow, December 4. The candidates were given access to the CAT 2022 response sheet on December 1.
CAT is the most popular and much-awaited exam, consider for entry into different IIMs and B-Schools for the management program. CAT is conducted only once a year by the IIMs. The Common Admission Test is conducted online and the application for this test is accepted online also on the official website i.e. www.iimcat.ac.in. No other mode of application and examination will be entertained.
The application process for CAT 2022 was released on 3rd August 2022 and the examination will be held on 27 November 2022. In the CAT exam, the normalization process will be entertained to normalize the candidate’s CAT score.
For the latest pattern of CAT 2022, candidates are instructed to follow the official website of IIM regularly i.e. www.iimcat.ac.in. The pattern, syllabus, exam dates, etc about CAT 2022 will be revealed along with the release of the official notification, so it is highly recommended that visit the official website regularly.
Table of Contents
CAT Latest Updates
According to professional CAT exam research, a raw score of 98 to 99 will result in a 99 percentile in 2022. In the first week of December, the official CAT 2022 answer and response sheet will most likely be made available.
The CAT exam 2022 will be computer-based and will take place on November 27. CAT admit card has been released on 27 October 2022.
The application process for CAT Exam 2022-2023 has now been extended till September 21, 2022
Beginning on August 3, 2022, CAT 2022 registration is open. For application information, click here.
IIM Bangalore will hold the CAT 2022 Exam on November 27, 2022. For information on exam dates, check here.
Changes in CAT 2022-2023
There have been some changes in regards to the exam pattern of CAT 2022 – 2023, the marking distribution and the total number of question has been reduced. The application fee for all categories of students has been increased. You can find the detailed changes in the application fee and exam pattern section below.
CAT 2022 Overview
|Exam Name||Common Admission Test 2022|
|Popularly Known As||CAT 2022|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Management (IIM)|
|Exam Type||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|No. of Test Cities||156|
|No. of Accepting Colleges||1136|
|Time Duration||2 Hours (40 Minutes for Each Section)|
CAT 2022 Important Dates (OUT)
All the dates for upcoming events for CAT 2022 have been given in the table below. Candidates should keep in mind that these dates are tentative. The exact official dates will be released very soon on the official website. We will also update the dates column after the release of official dates.
|Commencement of CAT 2022 notification||30-Jul-2022|
|Releasing date of CAT 2022 application form||03 August 2022 (10:00 AM)|
|Last date to apply for CAT 2022|
|Correction window of CAT application form will open from||4th week of September 2022|
|CAT 2022 Admit Card releasing date||27 October 2022|
|CAT 2022 Exam Date||27 November 2022|
Response sheet and Question paper of CAT 2022 releasing date
|1st week of December 2022|
Challenging period for the CAT 2022 Answer Key
|1st week of December 2022|
|Final Answer key of CAT 2022 Releasing Date||2nd week of December 2022|
|Commencement of CAT 2022 Result||1st week of January 2023|
|CAT 2022 Selection Process||April – June 2023|
CAT 2022 Application Process
The notification for CAT 2022 exam has now commenced on 30 July 2022 and the application form has been available from 3rd August 2022. Before going to the application process, candidates have to register themselves on the IIM’s website. The process of registration is necessary to get the login Id and password to proceed with the application process.
Online Registration Process
The below-mentioned steps of registration should be followed by the candidates to proceed with registration.
- Candidates have to open the official website for CAT i.e Go to iimcat.ac.in website or click here: https://cdn.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/756/77650/Registration.html.
- Now candidates have to register for CAT 2022 by providing some basic details such as their full name, active mobile no., a valid email id, etc.
- Now at the end after filling in the details, candidates have to click on the submit button, to complete the registration form.
Application Form Filling Process
Post completing the CAT registration form, a confirmation email and message will be sent to your registered contact details. Along with this confirmation email/ message, a login (Registration No. and Password) id will be sent also. By using these login details, candidates have to proceed with the application process as mentioned below.
How to apply for CAT 2022 Exam?
- Fill CAT 2022 Application Form: In this step, you will be asked to provide some details like Personal details, Contact details, Exam center preference, Program Preference, and work experience (if any) in the application form. Fill in the required details and then move to proceed next.
- Uploading Documents: Now in the next step, candidates will have to upload their passport-size photos and handwritten signature. It is noted that the candidates belonging to the reserved category must have to produce some other document like a Category certificate, EWS certificate, etc as per the requirement.
All the documents will have to be uploaded in the specified manner prescribed by the officials.
- Payment of Application Fee: After completing the above two steps, candidates will need need to proceed with the payment process to complete the application process.
The online mode will be used to pay the application fee for CAT 2022. The category-wise details for the CAT 2022 application fee are tabulated below.
Documents required to fill the CAT 2022 application form
At the time of filling the application form, the following documents should be there with you for uploading these documents.
- A recent scanned passport-size photo.
- Scanned image of a handwritten signature.
- Scanned image of attested category certificates of SC/ST/OBC.
- Scanned image of attested and signed PwD Certificate.
In the following table, the specifications of the documents are given in detail as per the specification prescribed by the authorities.
|Image/Documents||Format||File Size||Dimensions||Image Resolution|
|Photograph||.jpg/.jpeg||80KB||30mm(width) x 45mm(height)||150Pixel (minimum)|
|Signature||.jpg/.jpeg||80KB||80mm(width) x 35mm(height)||150Pixel (min)|
CAT 2022 Application Form Correction
The CAT conducting authorities will give a chance to the candidates to make corrections in the details provided at the of filling the application form. The errors in the application form can be corrected by filling in the right details. The application correction form window will open after the complete process of registration.
This is the only last chance to correct and detect errors in the filled application form no second chance will be entertained under any circumstances.
How to Register for Non-IIM participating institutes in CAT 2022 Exam?
- First, go to the official website of iimcat.ac.in.
- Now, choose the CAT 2022 link which is appeared on the right part of the homepage.
- Now candidates have to choose the option for “Downloading of MOU and the Application Form”.
- You need to make payment for the application fee.
- Now candidates have to fill the CAT 2022 MOU and Application Form. After filling the application form, candidates have to submit the duly filled application form, with signature & stamp through mail along with the required enclosures (the format of the enclosures will be mentioned).
- The single copy of the application form, double copy of signed and stamped MOU and xerox of other documents in a specified manner, must have to sent to the Admissions Office of IIM Indore, addressed to-
CAT Centre, C/o Admissions Office, IIM (Indian Institute of Management), Indore, Prabandh Shikhar, Rau – Pithampur Rd, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, PIN CODE – 453556
|KIITEE KSOM MBA||IPU CET BBA||MUCMET|
CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
If you are going to apply for CAT 2022 then first stop and then have a look at the all required criteria needed to become eligible to apply for CAT.
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2022
|Academic Qualification (For Indian National)||Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of Graduation/ Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university. OR, Candidates who have appeared in the final year of a qualifying degree can apply. OR, Candidates who have acquired a professional degree such as CA/CS/ICWA will also be eligible for CAT 2022.|
|Marks Required in Qualifying Exam||Candidates from General, EWS, and OBC should have at least 50% marks in Graduation (45% for ST/SC/ PwD candidates)|
|Work Experience||Not Necessary|
|Required Age Limit for CAT 2022||No Age Restriction for CAT 2022|
|Reservation Criteria||Reservation will be provided based on the candidate’s Category|
CAT 2022 Eligibility for foreign Nationals candidates
The CAT 2022 required eligibility for the foreign nationals candidates/ PIO’s /NRIs are as follow-
- Candidates from General, EWS, and OBC should have at least 50% marks Bachelor’s degree (45% marks for ST/SC/ PwD candidates) from the university accredited by MHRD (i.e. ME, Ministry of Education)/ Government of India.
- Candidates who have appeared in the final year of a qualifying degree and waiting for the result can apply.
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The detailed CAT 2022 exam pattern has been discussed below. Also, candidates can check out the official website for the same to get more clarification about the latest pattern.
- Exam Mode: Online i.e. CBT (computer-based test).
- Type of Questions: Objective Type & Non-Objective Type Questions
- No. of Questions:
- Maximum Marks:
- Duration: 120 minutes Section wise: 40 minutes per section
- No. of Test Cities: 156 cities
- Marking Scheme: +3 marks will be awarded for each right attempt.
- Negative Marking:
- 1/3 negative marking will be there for an incorrect wrong answer in Objective Type Questions.
- No negative marking will be there in the Non- Objective type questions.
Section-wise Distribution of Marks
|CAT Sections||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
CAT 2022 Important Topics: Logical Reasoning
Here we have given the most important topics of Reasoning and classification of questions based on that topics. Usually, the reasoning part consists of 24-25 questions in the CAT exam. Based on the previous year’s exam pattern, we have prepared a list of important topics from the Reasoning section and the average no. of questions asked from the same topics. To score well in less time, candidates can only read the following topics and practice their questions.
|Topic||Expected Number of Questions|
|Graphs Related||5-6 Questions|
|Tables and Caselets||3-5 Questions|
|Data Sufficiency||3-5 Questions|
|Syllogisms and Venn Diagrams||2-3 Questions|
|Seating Arrangement, and Data Arrangement||2-3 Questions|
|Blood Relations||2-3 Questions|
|Assumption and Binary Logic||1-2 Questions|
|Clocks and Calendars||1-2 Questions|
CAT 2022 Quantitative Aptitude Important Topics
In the CAT exam, the weightage of Quantitative Aptitude is approx 26-28 questions, the type of questions are MCQs and Non-MCQs both. The total duration to solve the Quantitative Aptitude questions is 40 minutes. Here we have listed below the important topics from the Aptitude section and the approximate no. of questions from that section. Our analysis is based on the previous year’s question trends. By covering the given topics only, you can score well in less time but you need a lot of practice for the Quantitative Aptitude section.
|Topic||Expected Number of Questions|
|Number System, Basic Arithmetic||4-8 Questions|
|Geometry & Mensuration||3-5 Questions|
|Trigonometry, Logarithms, and Sets||1-3 Questions|
|Time, Speed, and Distance||1-3 Questions|
|Time and Work||1-2 Questions|
|Permutation & Combination||1-2 Questions|
|Simple Interest and Compound Interest||1-2 Questions|
|Profit, Loss, and Discounts||1-2 Questions|
CAT 2022 Verbal Ability Important Topics
The Verbal Ability contributes 26-28 questions in the CAT exam. We have provided the list of important topics of the Verbal Ability section and the no. of expected questions from that section. Some of the topics are more important than others like Reading Comprehension, Para-Jumbles these two sections consist of 18-22 questions alone in the Verbal Ability section.
|Topic||Expected Number of Questions|
|Reading Comprehension||15-18 Questions|
|Sentence Completion and Correction||2-3 Questions|
|Odd Sentences||1-2 Questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||1-2 Questions|
|Vocabulary Based||1-2 Questions|
CAT 2022 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of the CAT exam remains the same for all the years, only the changes are seen in the question patterns. The syllabus of CAT consists of 3 parts:
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
CAT 2022 Syllabus: Logical Reasoning
- Direction Sense
- Data Structures
- Clocks and Calendars
- Blood Relations
- Charts/ Tables/Graphs (Bar Chart, Pie Chart, etc.)
CAT 2022 Syllabus: Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Completion
- Critical Reasoning (and its numerous applications)
- Face Interference Judgment
CAT 2022 Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude
- Percentages- Percentages and their applications
- Calculus- Minima and Maxima of several functions.
- Arithmetic- Number System, LCM, HCF, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Age Calculation, Average, Simplification, Time & Work, Distances.
- Mensuration-Areas and Volumes: Rectangles, Triangles, Circles, Squares, Cubes, Spheres, Cones, Pipes and Cistern.
- Algebra- Sequence and Series, Hypothesis of Equations, Permutation, Quadratic Equation, and Combination,
- Trigonometry- Trigonometric Ratios, Heights &Distances.
- Geometry and its applications- Angles, Triangles, Lines, Circles.
CAT 2022 Recommended Books
Given below is the table of recommended books, these books are most popular among the CAT aspirants. Here we have given the name of the books and their author. These books will work as a guide for you during your preparation. Along with the preparation of the written exam, candidates should be ready for the Interview process as well. For the preparation of CAT, interview candidates can opt any source of either of the newspapers The Hindu, India Today, Business Line, The Statesman, and magazines.
|How To Prepare For Quantitative Ability For CAT||Arun Sharma|
|How To Prepare For the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension CAT||Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|How To Prepare For Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|CAT Previous Year Papers (Solved)||Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay|
CAT 2022 Preparation Tips
Given below are the preparation tips that can help you in your preparation, so read the following points properly and follow them accordingly.
- First of all, it is the first step towards any preparation is knowing the syllabus and exam pattern. For this go to the official website of CAT and download the syllabus and then read the exam pattern thoroughly.
- After knowing the syllabus, buy the best study materials like books, notes, mock tests, etc. best available in the market because it plays an important role in your preparation.
- To know about the important topic and weightage go through the previous year papers of at least last 5 years.
- Make a proper study time table and divide your syllabus into tiny sections and cover them at the exact time. Similarly, complete the entire syllabus at once in detail.
- Give an online mock test of CAT from its official website and other reputed websites also.
- You need to cover the entire syllabus before 20-25 days of the CAT examination. Do not try to cover any new topics during this period. Give the left time to revision and mock tests only.
CAT 2022 Admit Card
To appear for the CAT exam, it is very necessary to carry the CAT Admit Card in the examination hall failure to do so will lead the disqualification from the exam. So it is strictly instructed that download the admit card in the same format issued by the authorities, even you can download the admit card before the last date of the exam.
The admit card will be available to download from the official website of CAT. It will be issued by the authorities on 27 October 2022 till the exam date of CAT 2022.
How to Download CAT Admit Card 2022?
- Step 1: Open the website www.iimcat.ac.in.
- Step 2: After opening the website click on the download link of “CAT Admit Card 2022”.
- Step 3: Once you will click on the link, you will be redirected to the new window where you will have to log in with your CAT credentials.
- Step 4: After filling in the details, the Pop-Up notification regarding your application form will be appearing there. You have to close that Pop-up notification.
- Step 5: After that, the complete information linked to the CAT candidate details will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Next, you have to click on the download tab of admit card.
- Step 7: After clicking, a new page will be appearing there which will show the allotted test center details and CAT exam shift time along with the CAT 2022 admit card.
- Step 8: Once you reach your admit card then first read all the details mentioned there and if everything is fine then take a hard copy of that.
NOTE: If candidates found any error or mistakes in their admit card details then can directly contact the authorities for any discrepancy by sending them a mail regarding the issue to [email protected] or by calling them on the number 1800-266-3549.
CAT Sample Admit Card
CAT 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
When you are going to appear for the CAT 2022 exam, on that day you have to follow some exam guidelines if you fail to do so then you might be disqualified from the exam. So it is mandatory to follow the guidelines issued by officials of IIM. The guidelines are as follows:
Exam Day Guidelines for CAT 2022 Exam
- Candidates have to reach an hour before the exam at the examination center.
- Candidates have to check the reporting time and will have to reach before the reporting time.
- Candidates have to carry a photo proof identity card along with the CAT 2022 admit card at the examination center.
- Do not carry any electronic/ smart device such as a smartwatch, calculator, mobile phone, earphone, etc. at the examination center.
CAT 2022 Answer Key
The IIM will release the provisional answer key within two weeks after the CAT examination. If a candidate noticed any errors or discrepancies in the provisional answer key then they have given the right to object by providing a valid reason against the answer key. Candidates will be able to download the answer key from the official website of IIM in pdf form.
After making all the possible corrections in the answer key (if any), the authorities of IIM will again release an answer key. This answer key will be considered as the final answer key and no objection against it may arise by anyone. The final result will be declared based on this answer key only.
Steps to download CAT 2022 Answer Key
- First of all, go to the official website of IIM i.e. iimcat.ac.in
- Here candidates have to click on the ‘Candidate’s Login’ section to log in.
- Now candidates will be asked to fill out their credentials, after filling in the credentials they will be directed to the dashboard.
- On the dashboard, there will be options available to download the Answer Key, Question Paper, and Response sheet.
CAT 2022 Result
It is expected that the final result of CAT 2022 will be released by the IIM within the first half of January 2023. A Scorecard of the candidates will be available along with the CAT 2022 result. The authorities will notify the candidates regarding their percentile via SMS or Mail on their registered contact details. It should be noted that the validity of the CAT certificate will be for 1 year only.
After the release of the CAT 2022 result, various institutes will publish their CAT 2022 accepting cut-off percentiles for the next process of recruitment.
How to check CAT 2022 Results?
- First of all, open the official website of CAT 2022.
- Now click on the notification of ‘Download CAT 2022 Scorecard/ Result’.
- After clicking on the link, candidates will be redirected to the login page.
- Here candidates have to provide their User ID & Password for login.
- After entering the details, candidates will be redirected to their CAT account page.
- Here candidates will find an option to download their CAT scorecard.
- Now candidates will have to download the scorecard and keep it safe for future references.
Uses of CAT Score
After the declaration of the CAT result, various participating IIMs release their cut-off of accepting the CAT score. Based on the cut-off set by the IIMs candidates will able to apply for desired IIMs and desired courses. Entry to the IIMs will be given based on the performance in the Group Discussion, Written Exam, and Personal Interview. If you want to go for B-Schools then the CAT score will also be valid there.
CAT 2022 Reservation Statistics
For the reserved category candidates, IIMs offer the seat reservation criteria in CAT 2022 to provide them an equal opportunity to study at top B-Schools across the country. These reservation statistics remain almost the same every year. The percentage of seat reservation statistics is given below:
|Category||Percentage of seats|
|Non-Creamy–Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||Up to 10%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|People with Disability/Disabilities (Hearing/Low vision/ Blindness/ Cerebral palsy/ Locomotive Disabilities)||5%|
- It is strictly instructed that, if at the time of the application process any of the reserved category candidates provided misinformation regarding any personal details then their candidature will be discarded.
- Candidates who are going to appear for an interview, at that time they have to present the supporting documents as mentioned by the authorities, otherwise, failure to do so will lead to the applicant’s rejection.
CAT Normalization Procedure
The CAT exam is held in two different sessions so sometimes the level of the question in one session becomes hard and in another session it becomes easy. So the authorities use the normalization process to ensure equity in comparison to the candidate’s performance.
For the normalization of the CAT score, the authorities of IIM use the same formula and pattern of the GATE score normalization process. The authorities will release the CAT result along with the scaled score (normalized score) for each section of the exam with the secured percentiles.
CAT 2022 Cut off
The least marks needed for candidates to get a call for the MBA selection process are termed as the CAT cut off 2022.
The cut-off score will be different for different IITs like IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay are considered top-ranked IITs in the country for providing MBA courses. The tuition fee for such courses is very high in price like it starts from 3.5 lakhs (IIT ISM Dhanbad) and goes up to 10.5 lakhs (IIT Kharagpur). The CAT cutoff will depend upon the following factors:
- No. of applicants appeared in the exam
- No. of available seats
- The difficulty level of the question in the CAT exam
- Previous year cut off-trend
CAT Cut-off and Admission Criteria for IIMs
The qualifying CAT cut offs and admission requirements for the best IIMs for the previous academic year are listed below:
Expected Percentile for Top IITs
|Branch||Expected CAT Cut-Off 2022|
|IIT Delhi||97-98 percentile|
|IIT Bombay||98.5 percentile|
|IIT Madras||96 percentile|
|IIT Kanpur||95 percentile|
|IIT Roorkee||94.6 percentile|
|IIT Kharagpur||90 percentile|
|IIT-ISM Dhanbad||80 percentile|
CAT Previous Year Cutoff
To give you a rough idea about the cutoff of the CAT exam, here we are providing the previous year’s category-wise and section-wise CAT cut-off percentile.
Different IIMs such as IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Lucknow, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Bangalore, IIM Raipur, etc will release their own accepting CAT cutoff for 2022 from August onwards.
For general category candidates, the CAT 2022 cut-off for the MBA course from best IIMs is almost 99- 100 percentile. However, for reserved category candidates, it may slightly decrease to 97-98 percentile.
To enroll in top MBA colleges such as SPJIMR, MDI, FMS, etc. the CAT 2022 cutoff is expected to be 95- 99 percent including sectional and overall cutoff.
IIM CAT Cutoff – Past Year’s Cut off
|Calcutta||≥ 85||≥ 75||≥ 65||≥ 70||≥ 65|
IIM CAT Admission 2022: Parameter and Weightage
|Personal Interview (PI)||30|
|CAT 2022 score||25|
|Written Ability Test (WAT)||10|
|Class 10 marks||10|
|Class 12 marks||5|
CAT 2022 Selection Criteria
There is no centralized common procedure for selection in different IIMs for MBA and B-Schools. Each participating institute has its own selection criteria after clearing the CAT. However, one primary common feature for the base of selection is the CAT score. For the further round of selection, CAT-qualified candidates have to apply for different institutes from their official website and have to clear their process of selection. The selection process for different institute vary from institute to institute, such as it may be GD/ WAT (Group Discussion/ Writing Ability Test) or both or PI (Personal Interview). To take admitted in desired institutes, candidates have to clear their process of selection. At the end of the selection procedure for admission purposes, each participating IIM publishes its own merit list.
Since is no centralized common procedure of selection so consequently the new IIMs have started a new common process of selection by conducting the CAP (Common Admission Process). In this process, all the candidates from all participating IIMs have to appear for Writing Ability Test and Personal Interview rounds jointly. where the shortlisted candidates from all participating IIMs appear for WAT and PI rounds jointly.
Every year, the different participating IIMs release their complete admission criteria for selection to the respective institutes.
The selection/ admission process for different participating B-Schools is based on various measures such as Overall performance in CAT and then performance in Group Discussion/ Writing Ability Test/ Personal Interview round and Past qualification records/ Work experience.
In short, we can say different IIMs and B-schools have their own selection criteria for admission purpose, consisting of any/ some of the following rounds:
- WAT (Written Ability Test)
- GD (Group Discussion)
- PI (Personal Interviews)
- ADFB (Academic Diversity Factor for Bachelor’s Degree)
- Work Experience
Documents to be Carried out at the time of Counseling Process/Seat Allotment:
For seat allotment or counseling process for various IIMs and B-schools, candidates have to visit the official website of the Institute/school and will have to fill up the form to register to book the seats. Before submitting the registration form candidates have to select and then have to lock the option before submitting. Once your seat will get confirm then you have to go to the designated college/school to submit the seat reservation order.
At the time of the final selection/counseling process candidates have to carry the following supporting documents (Original as well as xerox) at the time of counseling.
- Mark sheet of class X.
- Mark sheet of class XII.
- Graduation Marksheet (of all semesters)/ Degree.
- Category Certificate for Reservation (if applicable)
- Interview letters.
- CAT Scorecard
- Appearing last year candidates must have present a certificate from the principal/ registrar of their institute/ university along with the previous semester/year mark sheet (the required marks will be a minimum of 50% for General/EWS and 45% for PWD/SC/ST/ Category)
CAT 2022 Participating Institutes
It should be noticed that there are merely two types of CAT participating institutes namely IIMs and non-IIMs. There are about 115 CAT 2022 participating institutes available for the candidates to enroll in their PG and MBS programs. There are about 20 IIMs and many other institutes like 6 IITs, NITs, IISc Bangalore, JNU, IPU, IMT Ghaziabad, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, etc uses CAT score to take admission in their MBS/ PG programs.
On the official website of IIM CAT (www.iimcat.ac.in.) there is an available list of all non-IIM institutes as well as IIM institutes that admit the CAT score. Candidates should be pointed out that IIMs play no role in the admission/ seat allotment process of a participant in any Non-IIM institutes.
IIMs and offered Programmes
|Name of IIMs||Programs Offered|
|Indian Institute of Management Amritsar||PGP|
|Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya||PGP|
|Indian Institute of Management, Jammu||PGP|
|Indian Institute of Management Nagpur||PGP|
|Indian Institute of Management Raipur||PGP|
|Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam||PGP, PGPEX|
|Indian Institute of Management Rohtak||PGP, EPGPX|
|Indian Institute of Management Shillong||PGP, PGPEX|
|Indian Institute of Management Kashipur||PGP, EPGP|
|Indian Institute of Management Trichy||PGPM, PGPBM, PGPM-HR|
|Indian Institute of Management Indore||PGP, PGP-HRM|
|Indian Institute of Management Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM, PGPBA|
|Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP|
|Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode||PGP, PGP-BL, PGP-F, EPGP (Kochi Campus & IL)|
|Indian Institute of Management Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM|
|Indian Institute of Management Ranchi||PGP, PGP-HRM|
|Indian Institute of Management Calcutta||MBA|
|Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur||MBA|
|Indian Institute of Management, Sirmaur||MBA|
|Indian Institute of Management Udaipur||MBA|
Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) [Doctoral]
Some of the IIMs offer FPM(Fellow Programme in Management)/ EFPM( Executive Fellow Programme in Management) programs other than Diploma in Management program which are similar to Ph.D. programs. The list of IIMs that provide FPM and EFPM programs is listed below:
|IIM Bodh Gaya||Ph.D. (FPM)|
|IIM Ranchi||Ph.D., E.Ph.D|
|IIM Raipur||FPM & EFPM|
|IIM Rohtak||FPM, EFPM|
|IIM Kashipur||FPM & EFPM|
Previous Year’s Statistics of CAT (2020)
Given below are the statistics of the previous year’s CAT exam i.e. CAT 2020.
|Shifts||Scheduled Candidates||Absent Candidates||Present Candidates||Present %|
Participating IIMs in IIM CAT 2022
|IIMs Name||Total Number of Seats||Cut Off|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||60||92-94|
New IIMs Ranking & Placement
When it was announced that the no. of institutes will be added to the list of those IIMs that accept CAT scores than at that time, in 2008, the establishment of new IIMs had begun and further increased in the year 2015. Here we have provided below the list of established IIMs in and after 2008 with their NIRF ranking, placement offers, and fee.
|Name||Year of Establishment||NIRF Ranking 2021||Average Salary 2021|
|IIM Jammu||2016||—||Rs 10.64 LPA|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||2015||—||Rs 11.02 LPA|
|IIM Sirmaur||2015||—||Rs 11.28 LPA|
|IIM Sambalpur||2015||—||Rs 11.61 LPA|
|IIM Amritsar||2015||—||Rs 12.61 LPA|
|IIM Visakhapatnam||2015||—||Rs 13.08 LPA|
|IIM Nagpur||2015||40||Rs 13.13 LPA|
|IIM Trichy||2011||15||Rs 14.96 LPA|
|IIM Udaipur||2011||17||Rs 13.84 LPA|
|IIM Kashipur||2011||33||Rs 13.82 LPA|
|IIM Raipur||2010||19||Rs 15.20 LPA|
|IIM Ranchi||2009||20||Rs 15.11 LPA|
|IIM Rohtak||2009||21||Rs 13.70 LPA|
|IIM Shillong||2008||30||Rs 18.76 LPA|
CAT Contact Details
Regarding CAT 2022 if candidates have any queries then they are free to contact on the following details to get clarification.
CAT Exam 2022 FAQs
The official website of the CAT is www.iimcat.ac.in
The Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) conducts the CAT exam.
To get admission in IIMs/ B-Schools for different courses through the CAT score depends upon the Institutes/ Schools/College selection procedure. The selection procedures for different IIMs and B-Schools are different. Some of them organize written ability test and Group Discussion while some of them organize Personal interview for the selection.
There are no age restrictions to apply for the CAT 2022, candidates of any age group can apply for the test.
The mode of application is online for the CAT 2022.
The official website of the CAT is www.iimcat.ac.in
The full form of the CAT is the Common Admission Test.
The purpose of the CAT exam is to get admission in reputed institutes like IIMs and B-Schools for management, post graduate and doctoral programs.
There are many IIMs in India that accept CAT scores some of them are- IIM Lucknow, IIM Nagpur, IIM Udaipur, IIM Trichy, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Patna, etc.