BITSAT is a computer-based admission test conducted by BITS (The Birla Institute of Technology and Science) for integrated first-degree programmes offered by it’s all three campuses – Pilani campus, Goa campus and Hyderabad campus.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT
Students must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as a subject in their class 12th.
Students who have passed or who are going to appear in 2023 exams can apply for the course.
60% marks are required in each of the subject mentioned above and an aggregate of at least 75% is compulsory.
- Solving previous year question papers: It is one of the most important things to do. By preparing for last year question papers you will get aware of the exam paper format and the types of questions that generally appear in the exams. BITSAT exam is considered as tough as JEE exam. By going through the question paper you will understand the pattern of the exams and important questions.
- Online Tests: There are a number of online assignments and mock tests available on the internet. Take the tests on your daily basis so that you can have the rough idea of your preparation. You will get to know whether you are prepared for the exam or not. You can also have the rough idea of the type of questions that appear in the exams. This will also help you in effectively preparing for the exam.
Important chapters to focus on :
- Physics: Work, Power and Energy, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Magnetism and Newton’s laws of motion.
- Chemistry: Ionic and chemical equilibrium, gas laws and organic chemistry.
- Mathematics: Integrals, Differentiation, Coordinate geometry and Complex numbers.
Tip: Focus on your NCERT books and syllabus and English proficiency. English grammar and comprehension is also important.
Study Time Table
Manage your time giving each and every subject the sufficient hours.
Making a timetable which suits your time and requirements is really important. Give extra time to the hard chapters and topics.
Add a 15 – 20 minutes break after a 2 hours study time. It will help you relax your body and brain and will help you to focus more on your studies.
It feels stress-free while studying, going for a little walk is a good option.
Give about 6 to 8 hours every day to your studies. You can divide 2 hours each for PCM with breakpoints in between.
Remember to focus on the chapters and questions which you find hard. Makes regular notes in your own language to understand the meaning of the topic better.
Take the help of the guidebooks.
- BITSAT Explorer 2018 by MTG Editorial Board.
- BITSAT English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning by Disha Experts
- A complete success package for online BITSAT 2018 by Arihant Publication
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the BITSAT by One Learn Education
Tip: Look out for the local guidebooks in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths like Exam Idea, HC Verma, VK Mehta, SL Loney etc.
Remember self-study is the greatest key to success. It helps you in understanding the topics at your own level.
Seek advice from teachers and pass out students.
Get a proper sleep and diet while studying.
Lastly, believe in yourself and don’t be afraid of failures.