BITSAT Exam Pattern 2024 and the official notification will be released by BITS, Pilani. The BITSAT Exam Pattern 2024 contains several details such as exam mode, question type, the medium of the test, test duration, total sections, maximum marks, the total number of questions, and many more.
The applicants can check the BITSAT exam pattern 2024 to get the complete information BITS entrance exam that will be held soon. BITSAT is a computer-based test and is likely to be held online from June 2024. Candidates can check the BITSAT exam syllabus along with the BITSAT Exam Pattern 2024 to begin the process of exam preparation. Scroll down the article to get complete information about the BITSAT Exam Pattern 2024.
Table of Contents
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2024 Highlights
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test i.e Online|
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning, Mathematics/ Biology)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Language of the exam||English|
|Number of Sections||3|
|Total Number of Questions||150|
|Maximum Marks||450 Marks|
|Marking Pattern||Each correct answer: +3 marks|
Each incorrect answer: -1 mark
Each unattempted answer: 0 marks
BITSAT 2024 Exam Pattern
Candidates get knowledge of the full structure of the question paper of the exam with the help of the exam pattern. They can get full information about the exam through exam patterns. The BITSAT Exam Pattern 2024 contains several details such as exam mode, question type, the medium of the test, test duration, total sections, maximum marks, the total number of questions, and many more.
Candidates will be able to calculate which subject needs more time and in which subject they can secure more marks with the help of the marking scheme. Refer to the following point to know the exam pattern.
- Exam Mode: The exam is likely to be held via online mode (Computer-Based Test) from June 2024.
- Slots of exam: The exam will be conducted in two slots – The first slot will be 9 am to 12 noon and the second one will be from 2 pm to 5 pm.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be of 3 hours.
- Number of Questions: The total number of questions will be 150
- Sections: There will be a total of four sections in the question paper
- Type of Question: There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) asked in the exam
- Subjects: Chemistry, Physics, English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning, and Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharma applicants).
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer. There will be no marks assigned for unanswered questions.
- Marking Scheme: Every right response answer will be allotted 3 marks.
- Language: The medium of the exam will be of English language.
BITSAT 2024 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme and the BITSAT exam pattern are prepared by the official authorities so that the candidate can understand the exam format properly. For every right answer, the candidates will get three marks, and for every wrong answer, there will be a deduction of 1 mark. No negative marking will be there for unanswered questions according to the exam pattern of BITSAT 2024. There will be a maximum mark of 450 in the exam, and a total of 150 questions will be asked as per the BITSAT exam pattern 2024. There is a sectional limit for individual parts of the exam.
Candidates can check the marking scheme subject-wise of BITSAT 2024 in the table given below:
|Subject Name||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Marks for every Right Answer||Negative Marking for Wrong Response|
|Physics||40||40 X 3 = 120||+3||-1|
|English Proficiency||15||15 X 3 = 45||+3||-1|
|Logical Reasoning||10||10X 3 = 30||+3||-1|
|Chemistry||40||40 X 3 = 120||+3||-1|
|Mathematics or Biology||45||45 X 3 = 135||+3||-1|
Extra Questions in BITSAT 2024
The applicants will be required to answer 150 questions in a time duration of 180 minutes. They will get an option to mark another 12 extra questions as the response. The applicants should remember that the score obtained for these 12 questions will be checked. And if the candidates mark the wrong answers then the deduction of 1 mark per question will be done. Candidates must note that the candidates cannot make changes in the 150 questions attempted previously while marking the extra questions as a response.
BITSAT 2024 Important Topics and Weightage
The BITSAT Syllabus contains an important section in each subject that will be helpful for the candidates in their exam preparations. The candidates will get a fair idea about the number of questions asked approximately with their weightage that could be asked from a specific topic. This is one of the methods and a better strategy for how you can pass the exam.
BITSAT 2024: Part I – Physics
- There is a total of 18 chapters on this subject.
- This section is termed as one of the difficult sections in BITSAT according to the test takers of last year.
- Mechanical properties, laws of motion, and Current Electricity are some of the topics from which the question is asked
Refer to the following important topics from the Physics section given below :
|Mechanical Properties||5||Atomic Study||3-4|
|Magnetism & Moving Charges||3-4||Gravitation||3-4|
|Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation||3-4||Kinematics||2-3|
|Rigid Body Dynamics||3-4||Alternating Current||2-3|
|Work, Energy, and Power||3-4||Electrical Field||2-3|
BITSAT 2024: Part II – Chemistry
- There is a total of 14 major topics on this subject according to the syllabus uploaded by the official authorities,
- Physical and Chemical Equilibria, thermodynamics, p/d/f block elements, etc are some of the topics from which where majority part of the question is asked
- The questions asked in this section are of moderate to difficulty level according to the analysis of the previous year.
Refer to the following important topics from the Chemistry section given below :
|States of Matter||2-3||The Solid State||2-3|
|Atomic Structure||3-4||Hydrogen and s-block Elements||2-3|
|Physical and Chemical Equilibria||4-5||Equilibrium||4|
BITSAT 2024: Part III – English and LR
- There will be additional two sections in this section that is English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
- There will be a total of 15 questions asked from English Proficiency and a total of 10 questions asked from Logical Reasoning.
- The applicants need to practice in order to prepare for the LR Section. It is among the scoring sections.
- The candidates need to have excellent grammar Knowledge and a better speed in reading to prepare well for the English section.
Refer to the following important topics from the English and Logical reasoning section given below :
|English Language Topics||Weightage||Logical Reasoning Topics||Weightage|
|Reading Comprehension||2-3||Verbal Reasoning||2-3|
|Verbal Ability||3-4||Non-verbal Reasoning||1-2|
BITSAT 2024: Part IV – Maths/Biology
- There will be a total of 45 questions in both Maths and Biology. The applicants who have selected the course B.Pharm need to appear for PCB and all other applicants need to attend the PCM exam.
- This question asked in this section will be considered moderate to difficult on the scale of difficulty of the test.
- The 11th and 12th Standard CBSE syllabus is included in both subjects.
- The topics asked in the 11th standard have more weightage than the topics asked in the 12th standard in the biology section. Topics related to Reproduction and plants have more weightage.
Refer to the following important topics from Mathematics/ Biology (for B.Pharm) section is given below :
|Mathematics Topics||Weightage||Biology Topics||Weightage|
|Application of Derivatives||6-7||Biotechnology: Principles and Processes||2-3|
|Sequence & Series||4-5||Excretory Products and Their Elimination||2-3|
|Circles||4-5||Anatomy of Flowering Plants||2-3|
|Permutations & Combinations||4-5||Plant Growth and Development||1-2|
|Parabola||3-4||Breathing and Exchange of Gases||1-2|
|Matrices Determinants||3-4||Chemical Coordination and Integration||1-2|
|Sets, Relations & Functions||2-3||Biological Classification||2-3|
|Continuity & Differentiability||2-3||Reproduction||5-6|
|Theory of Equation||2-3||Ecosystems||1-2|
BITSAT Syllabus 2024
The question is mainly asked from the syllabus of NCERT books of Class 11th and 12th standard. Candidates can refer to the BITSAT Syllabus in the following points:
|Physics||Chemistry||Maths||English Proficiency||Logical Reasoning|
|Current Electricity||Atomic Structure||Trigonometry||Vocabulary||Nonverbal Reasoning|
|Electrostatics||Electrochemistry||Two- Dimensional Coordinate Geometry||Grammar||Verbal Reasoning|
|Electronic Devices||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Vectors||Reading Comprehension|
|Electromagnetic Induction||Chemical Kinetics||Integral Calculus||Composition|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry||Ordinary Differential Equations|
|Gravitational||Hydrogen and s- block elements||Statistics|
|Magnetic Effect of Current||Physical and Chemical Equilibria||Algebra|
|Kinematics||p- d- and f- block elements||Linear Programming|
|Impulse and Momentum||Organic Compounds with functional with Oxygen and Nitrogen||Differential Calculus|
|Modern Physics||Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons||Mathematical Modelling|
|Mechanics of Solids and Fluids||States of Matter||Probability|
|Newton’s Law of Motion||Stereochemistry||Three-Dimensional Coordinate Geometry|
|Units and Measurements||Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry|
|Work and Energy|
Instructions regarding Exam Pattern
- There will be no sectional time limit for any particular section of the exam. The applicants can modify their responses at any point in time.
- After completing 150 questions, the candidates will have an option to attempt a total of 12 extra questions in the specified time.
- The extra questions will be asked from subjects such as Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics/Biology only.
- There will be different sets of question papers for each applicant.
- The applicants can carry their personal pen for the rough calculation, signing, etc.
- If the candidates require Blank sheets then they will be given by the invigilator for rough work
- Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed to be carried to the exam hall
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2024 FAQ’S
Yes, there will be negative marking for every wrong answer as per the rules of the official authority. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
There will be a total of 5 sections available in the BITSAT 2024 exam: Chemistry, Physics, English, Mathematics/Biology, and Logical Reasoning.
After the completion of the exam, the marks will appear on the computer screen. The marks can be accessed by the candidates the next day through online mode
For every right answer, the candidates will get three marks, and for every wrong answer, there will be a deduction of 1 mark. No negative marking will be there for unanswered questions according to the exam pattern of BITSAT 2024. After completing 150 questions, the candidates will have an option to attempt a total of 12 extra questions in the specified time.
After completing 150 questions in the given time limit of 3 hours, the candidates will have an option to attempt a total of 12 extra questions in the specified time. Candidates must remember that they cannot make changes in the previous attempted 150 questions after they choose to attempt additional questions.
The time limit will be of 3 hours to complete the test. The applicants will be required to answer 150 questions in time duration of 180 minutes. If they attempt the 150 questions in the given time limit then they will get an option to mark another 12 extra questions as the response. These 12 questions are mainly asked from PCM/PCB only.
No. The candidates need to have Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning combination to get admission in the B.Pharma course.
No. As per the strict exam pattern of the Birla Institute of Technology & Science the applicants must stick to the set rules. Since the exam is a national level test therefore it will be held in the English language.
The question paper of BITSAT 2024 contains the section such as Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Physics, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning
No. BITSAT 2024 is a computer based test held in online mode.
No. There will be a total of 15 questions in the English proficiency section and there are 10 questions asked in the Logical reasoning section. There will be a total of 40 questions each asked in the Physics and Chemistry sections whereas there will be a total of 45 questions asked in the Maths/Biology section. The marking scheme is the same in all the questions, so PCMB carries higher marks than the subject English.