The BCECE 2023 exam pattern specifies the number of questions, a variety of questions, and exam mode. The BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination) will be held for admission to undergraduate-level courses. In Bihar, applicants take a state-level examination to be admitted to agriculture and pharmacy programs. The main authority in charge of administering the examination is the BCECE board. This examination will be taken in one sitting. The BCECE 2023 Exam Pattern is discussed in this article.
Table of Contents
BCECE Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-paper based)|
|Type of questions||Objective type or MCQs|
|Number of Questions||Total- 300 questionsPhysics- 100 questionsChemistry- 100 questionsMathematics/Biology- 100 questions|
|Marking for one question||For one correct answer, you will get 4 marks, summing to a total of 1200.|
|Negative Marking||You will be deducted 1 mark for an incorrect response.|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Time-Duration of Exam||You will get a total of 4 hours and 3o minutes i.e. 1hr and 30 min for each section|
BCECE 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) 2023 has changed this year. Apart from previous years, when the BCECE was held in two stages, this year’s BCECE is held in just one. Each subject in the BCECE pattern has 100 multiple-choice questions. Each question is worth four points, with one point deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Courses: Courses like Pharmacy and agriculture are offered through the Exam
- Number of Questions: In BCECE 2023, a total of 300 questions will be asked.
- Type of Question Paper: Objective There are four different options for each question (MCQs).
- Subject: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and Agriculture are among the subjects covered by the question paper.
- Language: The question paper will be written in English, with a Hindi translation provided below.
- Mode of Exam: Offline pen and paper mode is available.
- Total Time: Applicants must complete the question paper in 1 hour and 30 minutes (for each subject).
Marking scheme: Each correct response will receive +4 points.
- Negative Marking: Each incorrect answer will receive a -1.
BCECE 2023 Marking Scheme
BCECEB has eliminated the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination’s two-staged exam rounds as of this year. For all courses, there will be only one offline exam. As a result, there has been a change in the marking scheme. Each question will now be worth 4 points, with a -1 mark deducted for a wrong answer.
|Subjects (One paper with three parts)||Duration||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics||1½ hours (9:00 AM to 10:30 AM)||100||400|
|Chemistry||1½ hours (11:00 AM to 12:30 PM)||100||400|
|Biology||1½ hours (3:00 PM to 02:30 PM)||100||400|
|Mathematics||1½ hours (4:00 PM to 05:30 PM)||100||400|
|Agriculture||1½ hours (11:00 AM to 12:30 PM)||100||400|
BCECE Exam Day Guidelines
Applicants should keep the following guidelines in mind when taking the BCECE:
- No candidate is permitted to appear at any other examination centre than the one that has been assigned to him.
- Any tampering with the OMR Sheet may result in immediate disqualification.
- Candidates should avoid arguing with the invigilators or other members of the examination staff at the center.
- On the day of the examination, candidates should bring a valid Photo Identity card (in original) along with their printout of the BCECE Admit Card.
- The examinee should not make any noise in the examination room and should remain completely silent throughout the examination.
- At the examination hall, candidates are not allowed to bring any electronic devices or study materials, such as calculators (Mobile, Bluetooth, Pager, watch, test series, books, model papers, etc.)
BCECE Exam Pattern FAQ’S
Is BCECE 2023 conducted in 2 stages?
There will only be one stage process of BCECE 2023.
Will there be any instructions provided on how to navigate through the question paper during the BCECE exam and whether I can go back and answer any answered question?
The BCECE exam will now be administered in a paper-and-pencil format. As a result, there will be no navigation issues, as there may be in an online exam.
What is the weightage given to Class 12 or equivalent marks for admission to Pharmacy courses in the state Bihar?
Only BCECE marks are taken into account for admission to Pharmacy programmes in Bihar. For admission to Pharmacy colleges in Bihar, no weight is given to class 12 grades.
Is the BCECE 2023 exam takes place in online or offline mode?
The exam takes place in an offline mode.
Is there any negative marking in BCECE exam?
Yes, each incorrect answer will result in a one-point deduction. In addition, unlike previous years, there will be only one paper starting in 2023.
Is it necessary to have the domicile certificate for the candidates from Bihar?
Yes, having a domicile certificate is required to sit in the examination.
Are there any other state-level entrance examinations for getting admission in Government Engineering Colleges in Bihar?
An applicant can also try to get through NIT/IIT/IIIT colleges throughout Bihar by doing well in JEE Mains as well as in Advanced.
I will be not able to choose any examination center while applying for BCECE. How can I specify my center now?
Students are assigned to BCECE examination centres at random. There is no option to select a specific testing location.
I selected PCMB as my subject in the examination. Which degree courses can I choose after completing the exam?
Applicants who take PCMB as a subject can pursue a career in either engineering or medicine. Aside from that, applicants can pursue a B.Sc. in any programme of their choice.