AP PGLCET (Andhra Pradesh PG Law Common Entrance Test) is a full-time opportunity for the students to offer them Post graduation in L.L.M. integrated courses in the colleges of Andhra Pradesh.
AP PGLCET is conducted by APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education). Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur is conducting APPGLCET 2022 on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), Hyderabad.
It is also beneficiary for the students to clear the AP PGLCET 2022 to secure their admission in PG courses of Andhra Pradesh affiliated Colleges.
The details regarding the exam pattern, exam syllabus, important dates, eligibility criteria etc. are mentioned below. Candidates are requested to go through the details mentioned here in this article.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
AP PGLCET 2022 Overview
|Exam Full Name||Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Common Law Entrance Test|
|Conducted By||Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Registration Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|AP PGLCET Score Validity||One year|
|AP PGLCET Helpdesk||AP [email protected] | 08554-255055|
AP PGLCET 2022 Exam Dates
The important dates regarding the AP PGLCET 2022 are mentioned below. Candidates are requested to go through the table given below:
|Application Forms||2nd week of Feb 2022|
|Application Forms Last Date||3rd week of Feb 2022|
|Application Forms Last Date (Fine Rs. 500/-)||3rd week of March 2022|
|Admit Card||3rd week of April 2022|
|Exam Date||3rd week of April 2022|
|Answer Key||4th week of April 2022|
|Result||1st week of May 2022|
|Counselling||3rd week of Aug 2022|
AP PGLCET 2022 Application Form
Any applicant wishing to attempt the exam should fill out the online registration form in the PGLCET 2022 application form. Applicants should keep all documents ready to fix any error. The following steps can be followed by applicants to complete the online application form:
- Check the sche.ap.gov.in/pglcet website
- Now search the Submit link or click on the link on our website.
- The candidates must register by uploading the required details so that they will receive the registered ID after registration.
- The registered ID allows candidates to fill in all the right and complete details on the application form.
- Candidates need to use debit card/credit card / AP online centres to pay the application fee in online mode.
Steps to Apply for AP PGLCET 2022 (Step by Step)
The AP PGLCET application is submitted in 3 phases online. The following is provided below:
Step 1: Payment of AP PGLCET Application Fee
A specified fee must be paid by the applicant, according to their category, before registration begins. You can pay by debit/credit card or online AP. A fee payment site will be displayed after clicking on the Fee Payment Tab. In the required areas, the following details must be provided:
|Qualifying Examination Hall ticket Number||Name|
|Mobile Number||Date of Birth|
|Entrance Exam (LLM program)||Fee Amount|
- Click on the “Make Payment” option after all the information is filled.
- Candidates will be directed to the payment portal where the examination fee is to be paid.
- The fees will be payable via both online or offline (net banking/credit/ debit card) or offline (cash at APONLINE/TSONLINE centers) mode.
Application Fee of AP PGLCET 2022
|Fee to be Paid (LLM/ ML)||INR 850|
|Processing Fee||INR 59|
|Total Fee||INR 909|
Step 2: Know your Payment Status
- This option allows the applicant to check the payment status.
- Find and select the ‘Know Your Payment Status’ option.
- The following page will be displayed after you click on Know Your Payment Status Tab.
- Enter your admit card number and mobile number.
- In the next step, select the “Check Payment Status option”.
- The success/failure page status will appear on the screen after selecting the option.
Step 3: Filling the Online Form
The applicant can start completing the registration by clicking on the “Fill Application” option. The details below are to be provided in the form:
1. Applicant’s Information: Enter your name, DOB, gender, mother’s name, and father’s name.
2. Exam Qualification: You have to provide your educational qualification (LLB/ Degree in any other stream/ Class 12), while also providing other relevant details such as admit card number of qualifying exam and place of study.
3. Entrance Exam: Here, you have to choose the law entrance exam you are considering – PGLCET (admission into LLM)
4. Photo and Signature: Now submit your the signature and photograph as per the guidelines provided below:
- Size and format of Photograph: Less than 30 KB, JPG file format
- Size and format of Signature: Less than 15 KB, JPG file format
5. Entrance Exam Regional Centers: Select the exam centre AP PGLCET closest to you from the drop-down list.
6. Category: In this step, you have to choose the category you belong to according to your Caste certificate – OC/ BC-A/ BC-B/ BC-C/ BC-D/ BC-E/ SC/ ST. In case you belong to a special category such as NCC/ CAP/ Sports, then you have to select that category.
7. Local Area Status: Under this section, you need to select the local area you belong to.
- AU (Andhra University)
- OU (Osmania University)
- SVU (Sri Venkateswara University)
8. Minority/ Non-Minority: If you come from a minority background (such as SC/ ST/ OBC) then you should choose the “Minority” option and select non-minority group if you belong to General category.
9. Address: Inthis column, you have to submit your permanent address.
10. Class 10th: Here you should provide your class 10th education details such as board, hall ticket number, month and year of passing, and place of study.
11. Physically Challenged: If you are Physically Challenged then in this step you should provide details of the type of physical challenge you have such as Visual Handicapped/ Hearing Impaired/ Ortho Handicapped.
12. Class 12th: In this step, you have to provide your class 12th education information such as board name, hall ticket number, month and year of passing, as well as the place of study.
13. Parents Annual Income: Now in this column, you have to select the annual income category under which your parents fall – Below One Lakh/ Between One Lakh and Two Lakhs/ More than Two Lakhs.
Click on the checkbox and “I accept terms and conditions.” Once you’ve filled in the AP PGLCET application form, press the submit button.
Once the application form and fee have been submitted successfully, print it out the application form for future purpose.
AP PGLCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Candidate submitting the application for the test should be an Indian national.
Residential Status: Applicant must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh and meet all local / non-local status requirements set out in Andhra Pradesh Education Institutes.
Age limit – There is no age limit to appear in the postgraduate law entrance exam.
Educational Qualification: Applicants apply for the AP PGLCET 2022 should an LLB / B.L. diploma with a minimum of 50% mark in total. The required marks for different categories should be checked by applicants as follows:
|Category||Minimum marks in qualifying exam|
|General Candidates||minimum 50% marks|
|OBC Candidates||minimum 45% marks|
|SC / ST Candidates||minimum 45% marks|
AP PGLCET 2022 Syllabus
The paper is classified into two parts which measure the knowledge of Indian law of an applicant. The entire paper focuses on checking how much candidates in their law schools have learned. The following are the important topics:
AP PGLCET LLM Syllabus – Part I
This section will have 40 questions of 1 mark each. Important topics are listed below:
JURISPRUDENCE (20 Ques. | 20 Marks)
- Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law
- Custom Precedent and Legislation
- Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession
- Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions
CONSTITUTIONAL LAW (20 Ques. | 20 Marks)
- Nature of the Constitution: Fundamental Rights
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Executive Judiciary and Legislature
- Center-State Relations
- Emergency provisions
- Amendments to the constitution
AP PGLCET LLM Syllabus – Part II
This section will have 80 Questions of 1 mark each. Check the important topics under this:
PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL LAW (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- International Law and Municipal Law
- Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space
- Nationality and Statelessness
- State Jurisdiction
- United Nations
MERCANTILE LAW (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- General Principles of Contract
- Sections. 1-75
- Indian Contract Act-1872
LABOUR LAW (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- Trade Union Act 1926
- Industrial Disputes Act 1947
CRIMES and TORTS (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions
- TORTS: General Principles of Tort
- Joint liability
- State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986
IPR & OTHER LAWS (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- Copyright Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970
- Environmental Protection Act, 1986
- Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- Salient features of the Information Technology Act, 2000
- The Right to Information Act 2005
Recommended Books for AP PGLCET LLM
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Universal’s Guide to LL.M. Entrance Examination||Gaurav Mehta|
|Guide to LLM Entrance Examination||Showick Thorpe|
|Amar Law Publication’s Indian Constitutional Law : The New Challenges for LLM||Sheetal Kanwal|
AP PGLCET 2022 Preparation Tips
The following tips for their preparation can be followed by candidates:
Syllabus: Stick to the APSCHE prescribed curriculum. Make sure that all syllabus topics are covered and reviewed well before the examination.
Case study: Law exams deal with case studies and their consequences. Ensure that you are aware of the recent and notable law cases.
Previous year question paper: In order to get a clearer idea of the examination pattern and the demand for the examination, students have to practise papers from past years.
Mock Test: APSCHE has published mock tests on the official website, allowing candidates to practice them to become familiar with the CBT exam mode and to improve computer-based question practice.
AP PGLCET 2022 Exam pattern
For applicants, the examination pattern is very helpful; this also applies to this exam. You can understand the layout of the paper through the analysis of the exam pattern and its details.
Language of Exam: The langugae in which this exam will be conducted is English.
Mode of Exam: The exam is conducted in a computer based test.
Duration of Exam: The duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
Types of Questions: The questions asked in the examination will be of objective type i.e, Multiple choice questions.
Number of Questions: The total no. of questions in the entrance exam will consist of 120 questions.
Marking scheme: For every right answer One mark will be awarded and for an incorrect answer there is no negative marking.
Tabulated below is the section-wise distribution of questions for AP PGLCET:
|Subjects||Marks per Questions||Marks per subject|
|Jurisdiction||One mark||20 marks|
|Constitutional Law||One mark||20 marks|
|Public International law||One mark||16 marks|
|Mercantile Law||One mark||16 marks|
|Labour Law||One mark||16 marks|
|Crimes and Torts||One mark||16 marks|
|IPR & amp||One mark||16 marks|
AP PGLCET Admit Card 2022
The applicants who submitted their registration form successfully by visiting the official website, can download the admit card via online mode.
Candidates are required to take the admit card along with them along with a valid government photo id and a passport size photo to the Examination Center. Applicants should submit their payment reference number, registration number, ticket number, mobile number and date of birth for downloading their admit card.
How to Download AP PGLCET 2022 Hall Ticket
Check the steps given below to download AP PGLCET 2022.
Step 1: Go to the official website to download the admit card.
Step 2: In the next step, submit your registration number as received after the registration, qualifying examination hall ticket number, and date of birth in the login window.
Step 3: Once you have entered the details, select the ‘download hall ticket’ option.
Step 4: You will find that the admit card is now visible on the screen.
Step 5: In the final step, take the 2-3 printouts of the admit card for future purpose and keep it safe.
Information Provided on AP PGLCET 2022 Hall Ticket
Refer to the details indicated in the hall ticket AP PGLCET below.
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Registration number
- Date of birth
- Exam date
- Exam timings
- Reporting time
- Address of the exam centre
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Some general instructions for the exam
AP PGLCET Result 2022
The outcome of AP PGLCET 2022 will be published on the official website sche.ap.gov.in. The organisation has ensured that they pay extra attention to avoid errors in the assessment, control, screening, tabulation and classification. There is therefore no requirement for revaluation and challenging the result of AP PGLCET 2022. To download the result, applicants will be required to provide their registration number and PGLCET hall number.
On the premise of the marks obtained in the AP PGLCET 2022, the applicants will acquire their place on the rank card. The classification of the applicants depends entirely on their marks in the examination. If the applicants get the same marks at the examination, the tiebreaker will also be available. In this case, the organisation will consider the exam marks obtained in Part A. Even when the tie persists, they will be bracketing together to rank in the ranking card. Even then, if the tie is there then the old age candidate may be considered at the time of admission.
How to Check AP PGLCET 2022 Result
Candidates will be able to review their grades by taking the steps shown below:
- Visit the official website.
- Find and select “View your results” option.
- Submit your Registration Number and Date of Birth.
- Select on “View Result” option.
- The candidates will find the result displayed on their device screen.
- Candidates have to download the result and keep a printout of the AP PGLCET 2022 Result for the future references.
AP PGLCET 2022 Rank Card
The authority will also release the Rank Card after the declaration of the result. The aspirants can check it on the official sche.ap.gov.in website. After a week of notice for the results, this will be available. The card rankings in pdf format can be checked. It shall include the name of the applicant, father, AP PGLCET scores, the rank of the applicant, percentile and the comment. If a qualifying applicant is successful in gaining a good ranking, then it’s enough to be admitted.
The rank will be declared on the basis of the tiebreaker if the candidates get the same marks. Taking into account all the marks in Part-A, the tie will be broken. The candidate who earns more marks will be placed higher in Part A. The candidates are placed, even if the tie continues, in brackets on the ranking card and the date of birth will be considered at the time of admission. Priority is given to the applicant who is senior.
How to download AP PGLCET 2022 Rank Card
Here are the steps to download the AP PGLCET 2022 Rank Card:
- Go to the official website of AP PGLCET.
- Find and select the Rank card option.
- Submit your LAWCET hall ticket no, registration number and date of birth.
- Now select the ‘View rank card’ option.
- In the final step, you will find that the rank card will be visible on the next window.
- Download the rank card and keep it safe for future references.
AP PGLCET 2022 Tie Breaker Criteria
In the Entrance Exam, applicants will be ranked according to the cumulative marks received. If there is a tie in marks overall,
For awarding the rank, the marks obtained in Part-A of the Entrance Test will be considered.
If the tie remains, for the purpose of ranking, they can be bracketed together and seniority in age can be regarded at the time of registration.
AP PGLCET 2022 Cut off
The cut off is the minimum mark required for a candidate to qualify for counselling. Below are the various factors on which AP PGLCET 2022 cut off depends:
- Availability of seats
- Number of applicants
- The difficulty level of the questions
AP PGLCET Counseling 2022
The candidates will be called out for the counselling procedure according to the marks obtained in the examination and qualifying cut off marks. The shortlisted applicants will receive a call letter via authority and the candidates must reach the counselling centre on the schedule provided by the authority.
Applicants need to take the required documents along with them at the counselling centre for verification. The documents required are:
- Income Certificate or Ration Card
- Sports/PH/NCC/CAP Certificates (if any)
- Provisional/Degree Certificate
- AP PGLCET Rank Card
- AP PGLCET Hall Ticket
- Study/Residence Certificate for proving the previous 7 years’ study as local Andhra Pradesh Certificate or Non-Local Certificate
- SSC/Intermediate/Equivalent Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Qualifying Examination mark sheet
- SC/ST/Caste certificate
AP PGLCET FAQ’s 2022
How do I apply for the PGLCET 2022 programme?
Only through the official website lawcet.tsche.ac.in can eligible candidates for PGLCET 2022 through the online mode.
Can I pay the application fee for PGLCET 2022 via the offline mode?
Yes, application fees can also be paid by cash at APONLINE / TSONLINE centres in offline mode.
What is the exam marking scheme?
PGLCET 2022 includes 120 questions. Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark, and no negative marking is provided.
At the time of counselling, what are the documents required?
Required documents at counselling time are: 10th and 12th marksheet, certificate of character, certificate of migration, ID proof, certificate of AP domicile, 2 passport size photograph.
What factors rely on the cutoff?
The cut-off of PGLCET 2022 depends on: seat availability, applicant number, question paper difficulty level.
What if there is a tie between two or more applicants?
In the event of a tie between 2 applicants, final admission will be given on the basis of rank and age. Preference is given to senior candidates.
How do I prepare for AP PGLCET 2022?
You can try the mock tests that are on the official website. Review each and every topic repeatedly, and strengthen the weaker sections. You can also follow the tips for the preparation mentioned above.
Until when is the Score of AP PGLCET 2022 valid?
The AP PGLCET 2022 score is valid for a single academic year.
To qualify for the AP PGLCET 2022, how many marks are required?
AP PGLCET 2022’s minimum qualifying marks are 25 per cent out of 120.
What is AP PGLCET’s official website?
https://sche.ap.gov.in/LAWCET is the official website.
In the AP PGLCET 2022, how many questions will be asked?
In AP PGLCET there will be 120 objective type questions according to the examination pattern.
When would be the AP PGLCET 2022 rank card available for download?
After one week of result declaration, the rank card of AP PGLCET 2022 can be downloaded.
How many post-graduate law seats are offered via AP PGLCET?
As of now, around 461 postgraduate law seats have been offered by various participating colleges.
You can ask us by leaving your comment box if you have any further questions on AP PGLCET 2022.