All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2024 Exam Pattern depends on the selected course; B.A.LLB, LLM, PhD respectively. The exam will be conducted in offline mode (Pen-Paper mode) where the candidate has to answer the Multiple-Choice Questions on an OMR sheet.
NLU Delhi has released the exam pattern of AILET 2024 for the national-level exam. AILET application form 2024 will release on January 2024. AILET 2024 exam pattern will contain information like the mode of the exam, types of questions asked, subjects from which questions will be asked, and marking scheme.
The candidate can use the information mentioned in the AILET exam pattern 2024 to align their preparation with the requirements of the exam. NLU Delhi has notified that the AILET exam will be conducted in June 2024, likely in online mode. Check details about the exam pattern of AIILET 2024 including test medium, timings, and sectional weightage.
Table of Contents
AILET 2024 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Offline||Offline||Offline|
|Type of Question||MCQ||MCQ||MCQ|
|Maximum Marks||150 marks||150 marks||100 marks|
|Total Number of Questions||150 MCQ Type||100 MCQ Type||100 MCQ Type|
Candidates needs to procure the exam pattern which is of utmost importance, as AILET Exam is considered to be one of the toughest Law Entrance Examination. Thus, a clear knowledge about the structure will help the students to score well.
- Mode of Examination– AILET 2024 Exam will be conducted Offline or Pen-Paper based. Candidates will get 90 minutes to answer all objective-type questions.
- Number and Type of Questions- Candidates have to attempt a total of 150 MCQ-type questions for B.A.LLB program and LLM entrance exam while Ph.D. candidates have to attempt 100 MCQ-based questions respectively.
- Duration of Exam- A total of 90 minutes will be provided to attempt the question paper. The duration of the exam is the same for all the courses concerned. The candidate should adhere to the given time limit and answer all the objective-type questions.
- Marking Scheme– Each correct question will carry 1 mark in AILET 2024 while for an incorrect answer the candidate will get 0.25 marks deducted.
AILET 2024 B.A.LLB Exam Pattern
|Subject Area||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
B.A.LLB is a 5 years course which is offered by the National Law University Delhi, where the candidates have to compete for 80 seats which are offered in the program. Thus, the candidates have to understand exam pattern carefully before appearing for AILET 2024.
The Overview of the Subjects respectively for B.A.LLB are given below:
- English– Vocabulary, Antonyms, Basic Grammar, Comprehension, Synonyms, etc.
- General Knowledge– History, Civics, Eminent Personalities, Current Affairs, General Science, Nobel Laureates, Geography, Economics.
- Legal Aptitude– Statements & Arguments, Assertion-Reason, Statement & Assertions, Number Test.
- Logical Reasoning– Indian Contract Act, Indian Constitution, Legal Maxims.
- Elementary Mathematics– height and distance, Number system, Geometry, profit & loss, Algebra, etc.
AILET 2024 LLM Exam Pattern
|Law of Contracts||Family Law|
|Property Law||Intellectual Property Law|
|Law of Trots||Criminal Law|
|Constitutional Law||Legal Theory|
LLM is a post graduate program which is for an year. In the AILET 2024 exam, the candidates are required to answer 100 Objective type questions which sums up to 100 marks. 50 marks is allotted for writing an essay.
AILET 2024 PhD Exam Pattern
Getting admitted to the PhD program in NLU Delhi is a difficult task. The candidates have to appear for the AILET 2024 exam, which consists of 100 Objective questions and has to be completed in 90 minutes. It is just a qualifying exam as the marks obtained in this exam are not considered in final selection.
The questions include from the Legal Research Aptitude and Research Methodology. Candidates who obtain 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/PWD) out of 100 in the written test are required to submit their research proposal. The candidates can choose any research topic on which they want to pursue their Ph.D.
The research proposal includes the details mentioned below:
- Research Structure.
- A brief idea, statement and information on the subject concerned.
- Research Questions, Hypothesis, and Methodology.
- The Title of the Research Paper
Marking Scheme for AILET 2024
|Correct Answer||+1 mark|
|Incorrect Answer||-0.25 mark|
|Overwriting/Cutting on OMR sheet||Loss of Marks|
AILET Exam Pattern 2024 Important Points
- While preparing for the AILET 2024 exam, the candidates should refer to the examination pattern provided.
- It is advised to follow the exam pattern released by the exam conducting body, that is, NLU Delhi only.
- The examination pattern of AILET 2024 will not be the same as that of the BA LLB and LLM program
- Admissions to NLU Delhi is based on the scores obtained in the programs such as BA LLB (110 seats) and LLM (70 seats)
- The candidates are suggested to follow the marking scheme and other details mentioned in the exam pattern.
AILET Exam Pattern 2024 FAQ’S
Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
The various subjects for the AILET 2024 UG exam include Mathematics, Reasoning, General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude.
The AILET exam will be conducted around the 1st week of May.
The duration of the test will be 90 minutes, during which the candidate will have to answer 150 MCQs.
The duration of the test will be 90 minutes, during which the candidate will have to answer 150 MCQs
The exam last session was conducted in online mode, but it is likely to revert back to pen-and-paper mode.
For correct answer 1 mark will be awarded, while there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for the incorrect attempt.
AILET is held once in a year.
In AILET, objective type questions are asked.