DNB CET is conducted by The National Board of Examination that is the NBE which is a self-governing body that falls under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The NBE offers several Post Graduate and Post Doctoral courses. These courses are named as DNB that is Diplomate of National Board (DNB).
These courses if done from the National Board of Examination (NBE) are of high value and are considered throughout the world. The National Board of Examination conducts an admission test for DNB. This test is known as DNB CET that is Diplomate of National Board Common Entrance Test.
Qualifying the DNB CET one can become a part of National Board of Examination’s DNB courses. DNB is divided into two categories, viz. DNB (Board Specialities i.e. Post Graduate Courses) and DBN (Super Specialities i.e. Post Doctoral Courses)
The candidates who wish to pursue DNB from the National Board of Examination must read the article below.
We have mentioned all the important information related to Registration, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus and Result of DNB CET 2020.
DNB CET 2020 Important Dates
|Events||January Session Dates||July Session Dates|
|Online Application Form Open||November 1st week 2019||March 4th week 2020|
|Online Application Form Close||November 4th week 2019||May 4th week 2020|
|Admit Card Release||December 1st week 2019||June 1st week 2020|
|Exam Date||December 3rd week 2019||June 4th week 2020|
|Cut off Announcement||December 4th Week 2019||July 4th week 2020|
|Result Announcement||January 3rd Week 2020||August 1st week 2020|
DNB CET 2020 Registration
- The National Board of Examination conducts DNB CET twice in a year.
- Registration for January Session will start in the month of November 2019.
- Registration for July session will start in the month of March 2020.
- The closing date of registration for January session is in the month of November 2019.
- The closing date of registration for July session is in the month of May 2020.
- The candidates can fill the form online.
- The form is available online on the official website of National Board of Examination.
- There is no provision of offline form submission
- After filling all the necessary details in the form, the candidate can choose their preferred centre of examination.
- After choosing the exam centre, it cannot be changed anyway.
- The candidates must check and re-check the form before submission.
- In case the form is incomplete, or the information is wrong, it will not be accepted.
- The form will be accepted only after the submission of the registration fee.
DNB CET 2020 Registration Fee
- The registration fee of DNB CET is Rs.4500/-
- The mode of payment is through online mode using Credit Card, Debit Card, Master Card or Net Banking.
DNB CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be a Medical Council of India (MCI) registered candidate.
- If not he or she must at least be a State Medical Council (SMC) registered candidate.
- He or she must hold an MCI/SMC certificate during counselling of DNB.
- The candidate must have completed his or her MBBS from a recognised university or board.
- He or she must hold a passing certificate of MBBS. (Provisional certificate will also be valid)
- The candidate must have also completed MD/MS Course from a recognised university or board.
- The candidate must have completed his or her training of 3 years.
- The training institution must be a recognised hospital or a health care centre, registered under MCI.
DNB MD/MS 2020 Exam Date
- The DNB CET 2020 Exam will be conducted twice.
- For January session, the exam will be held in the month of December 2019.
- For July session, the exam will be held in the month of June 2020.
DNB CET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Types of Questions||MCQs|
|Total Number of Questions||180|
|The medium of Exam||English|
|Duration Of Exam||3 hours|
|Marking||4+ for Correct|
|Negative Marking||1- for Incorrect|
DNB CET 2020 Syllabus
- The DNB CET 2020 Exam will be conducted for 20 different subjects.
- After the candidate has filled and submitted his or her application, they get their syllabus according to the course they have opted for.
- The DNB CET papers are based on the course of Bachelors degree exam.
- Hence, only those candidates can qualify this exam how has good grasp of their bachelor degree subjects.
- The questions asked in DNB CET are not those theoretical mugging up questions.
- The questions are rather related to practical knowledge.
DNB CET 2020 Result
- The minimum percentile required for qualifying the DNB CET 2020 Exam for general is 50%, for ST/SC and OBC it is 40% and for Physically Disable it is 45%.
- Only those candidates who have scored these percentile will be considered qualified.
- The result ones declared is the final result. There will be no re-checking process.
- The qualified students will have to attend the counselling to reserve their seat along will original as well as Photostat of all the necessary documents.