Primary Teacher Training Course: Primary education follows pre-primary education and spans the ages of 11 and 12. The primary teacher training programme is designed for elementary school teachers. Students start to communicate with classmates, instruct them, plan classes, offer homework, grade papers, and so on.
Primary Teacher Education courses are offered at a variety of levels. A certificate, diploma, bachelor’s degree, and master’s degree in primary teaching or elementary education are all available.
- BElEd and MEd are the basic teacher preparation programmes at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Primary Teacher Training courses range in length from a few hours for certificate programmes to four years for bachelor’s programmes. Diplomas take 1 to 2 years to finish, whereas master’s degrees require 2 years.
- Providers such as Udemy, Coursera, and FutureLearn provide both paid and free online certificate courses.
- The majority of online certificate Primary Teacher Training programmes are free or require a minor price for a completion certificate. The highest course price, INR 3 lac per year, is levied at the bachelor’s level.
Enrollment to certificate and diploma programmes are based on merit; nevertheless, admissions to UG and PG primary teacher education programmes are based on the DU B.El.Ed. Test, BEET, and AP EDCET. You can become a primary or nursery school teacher after completing a primary teacher training programme and earning roughly INR 1.5-2 LPA at first.
Table of Contents
Types of Primary Teacher Training Course
The following are all of the multiple kinds of Primary Teacher Training courses available at various levels.
|Certificate||Primary Teacher – ICT Teaching and Learning StrategiesIntroduction to Early Childhood Montessori Education|
Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Curriculum
Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Planning for Teaching and Learning
English in Early Childhood:
Language Learning and Development
Certificate in Pre and Primary Teacher Training
NPTT- (Nursery Primary Teacher’s Training)
|Diploma||Diploma Primary Teacher TrainingDiploma in Nursery Primary Teachers Training|
Certificate Primary Teacher Training Course
Certificate programmes are self-paced, short-term courses. Working professionals can use these programmes to develop new skills and improve their resumes.
- Certificate programmes might take anywhere from a few hours to six months to complete.
- Admissions are made on the basis of merit.
- Certificate programmes are offered both online and offline.
Certificate Primary Teacher Training Course Overview
|Duration||1 – 2 years|
|Eligibility||Class 10th or 12th|
|Admission Process||Merit basis|
|Fees||Free to INR 5,400|
|Future Scope||Higher education such as diplomas, bachelors and masters degree in Primary Teacher Training or a job as a Primary Teacher, Nursery Teacher etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 1.5 – 2 LPA|
List of Certificate Primary Teacher Training Course
The following are the best certificate programmes in Primary Teacher Training.
|Primary Teacher – ICT Teaching and Learning Strategies||INR 5,440||3.11 hours|
|Introduction to Early Childhood Montessori Education||INR 1,280||1 hour|
|Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Curriculum||Free Enrolment||11 hours|
|Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Planning for Teaching and Learning||Free Enrolment||12 hours|
|English in Early Childhood: Language Learning and Development||NA||6 weeks|
|ETT Course||NA||2 years|
|Certificate in Pre and Primary Teacher Training||INR 12,000||6 months|
|Nptt (Nursery Primary Teacher’s Training)||NA||1 to 2 years|
Certificate Primary Teacher Training Course Admissions
- Candidates are admitted to certificate programmes on a merit basis straight from the course provider’s website.
- Admissions do not need the submission of a score from an entrance examination.
- The cumulative score of class 10th or 12th is taken into account in both online and offline certificate Primary Teacher Training programmes.
Top Colleges for Certificate Primary Teacher Training Course
The table below shows which colleges and institutions offer certificate programmes in Primary Teacher Education.
|Guru Kashi University||NA|
|Intesol India||INR 12,000|
|Bombay Teachers’ Training College, Mumbai||NA|
Certificate Primary Teacher Training Courses Online
A low-cost online certification course in Primary Teacher Training is available. At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of accomplishment. All of the leading online certificate Primary Teacher Training courses are included in the table below.
|Primary Teacher – ICT Teaching and Learning Strategies, Udemy (Paid with certification)||Introduction to Early Childhood Montessori Education, Udemy (Paid with certification)|
|Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Curriculum, Coursera (Free with certification)||Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Planning for Teaching and Learning, Coursera (Free with certification)|
|English in Early Childhood: Language Learning and Development, FutureLearn (Free with certification)||–|
Diploma Primary Teacher Training Course
Diploma courses are full-time position courses that take one to two years to finish.
- Candidates who do not have enough time to devote to a full-time degree programme might enrol in a diploma programme.
- After finishing the program, individuals can instantly start working.
- Diploma courses accept students who have completed their 12th grade or have a bachelor’s degree.
Diploma Primary Teacher Training Course Highlights
|Duration||1 to 2 years|
|Eligibility||Class 10th or 12th|
|Admission Process||Merit basis|
|Fees||INR 7,200 – 10,000|
|Future Scope||Higher Education like bachelors and masters degree or a job as a Primary Teacher, Nursery Teacher, Consultant Educator etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 1,70,000 to 3,00,000|
List of Diploma Primary Teacher Training Course
The below are the diploma programmes available in Primary Teacher Education.
|D.El.Ed||INR 7,200 to 3 lac||2 years|
Diploma Primary Teacher Training Course Admissions
- Students are admitted to Diploma Primary Teacher Training programmes on a merit basis.
- Students must have finished a recognised board of education’s class 10th or 12th standard.
- Cut-off lists for the overall score of the previous examination are used for merit-based admissions.
Top Colleges for Diploma Primary Teacher Training Course
The below colleges provide Diploma Primary Teacher Training programmes.
|Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||INR 7,200|
|Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad||INR 5,700|
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society, Pune||INR 10,000|
|Bombay Teachers’ Training College, Mumbai||NA|
|Amity University, Noida||INR 3 lac|
UG Primary Teacher Training Course
PTT programmes at the bachelor’s level last four years. Elementary Education is an option for applicants.
- Both merit and entrance exams are used to choose students.
- Class 12th standard examinations are used to determine merit-based admissions.
- The B.El.Ed. programme is ideal for applicants who want to pursue higher education, including master’s level courses.
UG Primary Teacher Training Course Overview
|Admission Process||Merit basis | entrance examination|
|Fees||INR 16,000 – INR 70,000|
|Future Scope||Masters degree in Elementary Education or work in the capacity of Primary Teacher, Nursery Teacher, Consultant Educator etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000 – 7,00,000 PA|
List of UG Primary Teacher Training Course
A Bachelor of Elementary Education programme is offered at the undergraduate level.
|UG Course Name||Fees||Duration|
|B.El. Ed.||INR 16,000 to INR 70,000||4 years|
UG Primary Teacher Training Course Admissions
Universities that provide bachelor’s level Primary Teacher Training programmes admit students on the basis of merit and entrance examinations.
- Candidates must have finished their 12th grade through a recognised educational board.
- University cut-off lists are used to determine merit-based admissions.
- DUET, BEET, AP EDCET, and other admission exams are examples.
Top Colleges for UG Primary Teacher Training Course
The following are the best colleges that provide bachelor’s level courses in Primary Teacher Training Programme.
|Miranda House, New Delhi||INR 19,000|
|Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi||INR 19,530|
|Gargi College, New Delhi||INR 16,485|
|Amity University, Noida||INR 70,000|
|Central Women’s College of Education, Lucknow||INR 51,000|
|Bundelkhand University, Jhansi||INR 35,050|
|Invertis University, Bareilly||INR 40,000|
|Mangalayatan University, Aligarh||INR 50,000|
PG Primary Teacher Training Course
Programmes at the master’s level last two years.
- During the second year of the M.Ed. programme, students can specialise in Elementary Education.
- Entrance exams and personal interviews are used to determine admission.
- To be accepted to the programme, students must have a bachelor’s degree in the same discipline.
PG Primary Teacher Training Course Overview
|Admission Process||Entrance examinations|
|Fees||INR 11,700 – INR 45,000|
|Future Scope||A research degree in Elementary Education or work as Primary Teacher, Nursery Teacher, Consultant Educator etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 1.7 to 3 LPA|
List of PG Primary Teacher Training Course
The table below contains information on the master’s level PTT course.
|PG Course Name||Fees||Duration|
|M.Ed.||INR 11,700 to INR 45,000||2 years|
PG Primary Teacher Training Course Admissions
Admissions to postgraduate level Primary Teacher Training programmes are made through entrance exams.
- To be considered for admission, all students must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Results from national and university entrance exams are accepted.
- Admission requires a minimum of a 50 percent aggregate score.
Top Colleges for PG Teacher Training Course
The universities listed below offer a master’s degree in Primary Teacher Education.
|Mumbai University||INR 13,082|
|Mahatma Gandhi University||INR 35,000|
|Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan||INR 45,000|
|Kakatiya University||INR 11,720|
Primary Teacher Training Courses: Syllabus
The subjects covered in all levels of Primary Teacher Education courses are listed below.
|Child Psychology||Child Care and Health|
|Sociology and Guidance||School Organization|
|Principles of Education||Education Psychology|
|Modern Method of Teaching||Method of teaching specific subjects|
|Working with parents||Working with the community|
|Nursery and Pre-primary education||Personality development|
|Introduction to Science, EVS, Literature||School administration|
|Creative art||Basic IT skills|
|Lesson Planning||Art Files and Planning|
|Teaching Aids||Preparing Teaching Aids|
Primary Teacher Training Courses: Entrance Examinations
The following are the details for the entrance examinations for enrollment in primary teacher training courses.
|Exam Name||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|DU B.El.Ed. Test||July||To be announced|
Primary Teacher Training Courses: Skills
Certain abilities must be acquired before a student may work in Elementary Education. The following are some examples of such abilities.
|Child Psychology||Child Development|
|Syllabus and curriculum development||Teaching Aids|
|Lesson Planning||Child Care|
|Basic English, Mathematics, History, EVS etc.||Administrative Skills|
Primary Teacher Training Courses: Job Profiles
To recruit in Elementary Education, organizations look for applicants who have a certificate or diploma in Primary Teacher Training. There are a wide range of career roles accessible. The popular career descriptions available to a primary teacher training student are listed in the table below.
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Primary Teacher||INR 1.95 LPA|
|Private Tutor||INR 1.75 LPA|
|Online Tutor||INR 2.12 LPA|
|Curriculum Developer||INR 3.12 LPA|
|Nursery Teacher||INR 1.70 LPA|
|Consultant Educator||INR 3.05 LPA|
FAQ’s for Primary Teaching Training Course
Applicants must have completed their 12th grade from a recognized board of education. Students must have received a minimum of a 50% aggregate score on their school-leaving exams.
The length of a PTT curriculum varies according to the college. The average length of time is one to two years. Online courses might take anywhere from a few hours to a week to finish.
Candidates might get hired right after completing a Primary Teacher Training course because it is a skill-based course. Primary Teacher, Private Tutor, Online Tutor, Curriculum Developer, Nursery Teacher, Consultant Educator, and other work profiles are some of the job descriptions that students are hired for.
Students who have finished a Primary Teacher Training course can expect to earn between INR 1.7 and 3 lakhs per annum. The final package will be determined by the student’s skill set and prior work experience if any.