A Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resource Management is a one-year diploma program in water resource management. This program educates candidates on how to manage the preservation of the basic necessity of water by building a professional and non-research profession. They learn about ways to ensure long-term viability. Applicants must have completed a B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, or Agricultural Engineering with a minimum of 55 percent marks from a recognized institution to be eligible for this program.
Although the admissions process is merit-based, some universities administer admissions tests to choose students for the program. The annual fee for this program varies between INR 50,000 and 3 LPA at the colleges that offer it. Water resource professionals, water efficiency specialists, water resource managers, and environmental management staff are among the employment options available to graduates of this program, with annual salaries ranging from INR 1 to 15 LPA.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Eligibility for PGD in Water Resources Management.
When enrolling for the Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resources Management program, applicants should review the qualifying requirements. The following are the requirements:
- Applicants should complete the 10+2 test with arts as one of their subjects. The Science stream, on the other hand, will have an equivalent benefit due to the biology and chemistry knowledge that underpins Water Resource Management procedures.
- Applicants who have completed a B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, or Agricultural Engineering are also encouraged to apply.
Admission Procedure for Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resource Management
After the graduation results are released, the admissions process begins.
- After the individuals have completed the application form, the authorities are checked.
- Students are chosen from a merit list depending on their performance in their most recent qualifying exams.
- Some universities hold an Admissions Test, in which students must take the Admissions Test and the selection procedure is based on the results of the Admissions Test.
How to Apply for PGD in Resource Management?
- The institutions publish the details of the application (online or offline).
- Candidates must complete a registration form and select a chosen program.
- Applicants must follow the university’s selection system, whether it is merit-based or based on a qualifying examination.
- After that, the admissions program commences.
Course Overview for PGD in Water Resource Management
The objectives of the curriculum Post-Graduate Diploma in Water Resources Management are shown here.
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
|Full-Form||Post Graduate Diploma|
|Eligibility||Graduation with 50% minimum aggregate score|
|Course Fee||INR 50,000-3 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 2-15 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Various water departments of cities or nations, independent water treatment firms, etc|
|Job Positions||Water Resource Specialist, Water Efficiency Technicians, Water Resource Manager, Environment Manager|
Entrance Exams for Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resource Management
Applicants must take entrance exams to be considered for admission to the PGD in Water Resource Management program. The following are the entry exams:
|Exam||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|MAT||AIMA||Feb||Online & Offline|
How to Prepare for the Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resource Management
- Students must separate their studies so that they do not become stressed out in one day.
- Students must conduct a thorough investigation to narrow down the study material. They must only use the most up-to-date study materials. Having excessive resources will only cause anxiety. Although it is impossible to cover everything, it is preferable to keep the study process simple and precise.
- The Key to Success is Revision.
- Applicants must revise on a regular basis rather than waiting until the last minute. They can also make short note cards so that they can quickly review the material before the exam.
How to get Admission in est College for Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resource Management
The Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resources Management can be obtained by enrolling in a reputed institution.
- On-time completion of the online or offline registration form.
- Students should visit the institution’s websites to stay up to speed on the admissions process.
- When you go, do some preliminary information on the college, the placements, the programs, the curriculum, and so on.
- For the admission and individual interview rounds, prepare thoroughly.
What is it about the Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resource Management?
A one-year Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resource Management is available. The program has been designed to support and expand individuals’ multidisciplinary water knowledge and expertise. This course teaches students how to employ new and distinctive approaches to water resource management. The course’s goal is to prepare candidates to be competent managers who can grasp complicated water difficulties and provide functional, realistic solutions to water and sanitation issues throughout the country.
Professionals in water planning at the global/international, national, regional/basin, transboundary, and local levels will benefit from this program. It is a program that educates individuals about the risks to water supplies, how to eliminate them, and how to confront the inaccuracies.
What are the benefits of pursuing a postgraduate diploma in water resource management?
- A person who is concerned regarding the environment would enjoy this program since it teaches about the conservation of one of the most vital natural resources, water.
- This training also instils a broad sense of awareness in the pupils, allowing them to use water in the most effective way possible.
- Water Professionals, River Basin Management, Groundwater Management, Water Supply and Sanitation, Water Resource Economics, and Water Treatment are among the jobs available to those that have completed a postgraduate education.
Top Colleges for Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resource Management
|College||Location||Fees||Placement Salary Offered|
|IIT Roorkee||Roorkee||INR 2,20,00||INR 8,00,000|
|Khatu Shyam Institute of Management & Technology||New Delhi||INR 18,500||INR 6,23,000|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phule University||Jaipur||INR 7,12,000||INR 4,52,000|
|Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University||Raipur||INR 77,000||INR 7,10,000|
|Patna University||Patna||INR 53,750||INR 6,25,000|
|Vardhman Mahaveer Open University||Kota||INR 6,850||INR 1,45,000|
|Teri University||New Delhi||INR 4,48,924||INR 3,12,000|
|Suvidya Institute of Technology||Mumbai||INR 2,20,00||INR 4,45,000|
Syllabus for Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resource Management
A one-year Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resources Management is available. The training is organised into two semesters, each lasting six months. The table shows the semester-by-semester curriculum.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Ecology||Biodiversity Assessment & Conservation|
|Environmental Chemistry||Air Quality Management|
|Environment & Climate: Law and Policy||Water Quality Management|
|Environmental Geosciences||Hydrology and Water Conservation|
|Introduction to Sustainable Development||Statistical Techniques|
|Environmental Monitoring Laboratory||Principle of Geo-informatics|
Career Scope for Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resource Management
The career profiles available to Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resource graduates are described here.
|Job Profile||Description||Annual Salary|
|Water Resource Specialist||Design or implement water resource concerns such as supply, safety, and compliance requirements programs and strategies. Investigate, or supervise the examination of, concerns such as water storage, municipal wastewater, contaminants, licenses, and other laws and regulatory difficulties.||INR 3,80,000|
|Water Efficiency Technicians||Design or implement water resource concerns such as supply, safety, and compliance requirements programs and strategies. Investigate, or supervise the examination of, concerns such as water storage, municipal wastewater, contaminants, licenses, and other laws and regulatory difficulties.||INR 5,20,450|
|Water Resource Manager||Water resource managers assist with water consumption and treatment planning. They may work for the municipal, state, or central government, or they may be self-employed.||INR 8,86,000|
|Environment Manager||Environmental managers are in charge of overseeing the functioning of the corporate, public, and non-profit sectors. Sustainability Manager is another name for them.||INR 8,95,435|
Future Scope for a Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resource Management
Applicants with a PGD in Water Resource Management can choose from a variety of future opportunities.
- They can work as a college or university assistant professors.
- They have the option of pursuing a Ph.D. in Water Resource Management.
- They can work as a water resource manager, researcher, advisor, or consultant in both government and commercial companies.
FAQ’s for PGD in Water Resource Management
Certain universities hold an admissions test for individuals seeking a Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resource Management, while others choose candidates based on their graduation grades.
Applicants for the Post Graduate Diploma in Water Resources must have completed their 10+2 level examination with not less than 50% marks in the Arts or Science stream from a state or centrally recognized university, as well as a B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
The admissions procedure can be online or offline, depending on the college. The applicant should keep an eye on the website of the preferred college to ensure that they do not miss any critical dates.
The average pay for a Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resources student ranges from INR 1,00,000 to INR 15,00,000 per year, depending on experience. The greater expertise one has, the greater their salary will be.
Students who want to do their Post Graduation Diploma in Water Resources in one of India’s leading institutions might consider the Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Roorkee or Teri University. However, all of the above-mentioned universities have excellent teaching and placement records.
The Post-Graduation Diploma in Water Resources is a one-year program. It is available in both part-time and full-time formats.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resource course, syllabus, and exam pattern are the same in every college. The value of the Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resource degree is the same throughout every college.