The Postgraduate Diploma in Textile Management is a modern style program that lasts one to two years. The goal of the program is to deliver the correct blend of innovation, design, and management to meet the sector’s needs. . The program required a graduate or bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university in the nation with at least 50% aggregate marks. However, those with educational experience in textiles and fashion are favored.
Applicants with other similar degrees, diplomas, or advanced/executive certifications in the relevant field are also acceptable for admission. The program costs between INR 50,000 and INR 4,50,000 each year on average. The annual income compensation provided after completing the program might range from INR 3,60,000 to INR 7,50,000.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management
The following are the qualifications for those seeking a Postgraduate Diploma in Textile Management. However, it varies from institution to institution and from college to college where the subject is offered.
- Students should have completed or hold a high school diploma or a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Textiles, fine arts, sculpture, applied arts, and design professionals, on the other hand, will be preferred above others.
- A qualified cumulative mark of at least 50% in graduation/is bachelor’s necessary. The providing institution will give relaxation to reserved category learners.
- Students with a Diploma in Textile Management, Advanced or Executive Level Certification in a related subject completed after the 10th grade are also allowed to apply.
Admission Process for Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management
The stages for the Admission Method that students should take while applying for admissions are listed here, as well as in the brochure and booklet of the relevant Institute/University.
- The academic institutions make the application forms for enrollment in this specific program accessible ahead of the admission procedure for the seat allocation procedure. This paperwork can be obtained for a small fee.
- Submitting of Necessary Documentation: Provide all needed documents in original form to the college, including class 10th and 12th grade mark sheets, graduation degree certification (and, if the student has completed a postgraduate certification or diploma, the marksheet for that).
- The college compiles a merit report that shows the chosen candidate’s name, the cut off final admissions date, and posts it on their notice board and, if applicable, on their website after examining all of the information and outcomes of the students.
What is it about the Postgraduate Diploma in Textile Management??
The following is information and information concerning the Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management program.
- The Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management is an advanced diploma degree that concentrates on an in-depth examination of textile design.
- The program includes dyeing methods, printing techniques, stitching and design methods, woven fabric structure, and surface treatment.
- The program provides young people with an introduction to one of the world’s most enduring professions.
- The program provides students with a deeper understanding of the sector by providing both theoretical and practical information.
- Students who complete the course successfully may be engaged by marketing firms, textile firms, customer relations firms, human resource firms, textile retail spaces, textile industrial plants, retailing firms, home furnishing firms, Media firms, and design firms.
Best Colleges for Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management
The figures below show the finest full Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management institutions, organizations, and universities.
|College Name||Average Fees|
|Gulshan Kumar Film and Television Institute of India||INR 1,50,000|
|Central Institute of Management Studies||INR 60,000|
|Ramrati Institute of Technology||INR 70,200|
|Pearl Academy||INR 5,00,000|
|T Series Stageworks Academy||INR 1,50,000|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International school of Textile Management||INR 4,40,000|
Syllbaus for the Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management
For most textile management colleges, the content taught for the Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management degree is nearly identical. The following is the complete curriculum for the Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management program:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Conceptual Design||Visual Research and Development|
|Design Technique Weaving||Fundamentals of Computer|
|Design Technique Printing||Marketing & Merchandise|
|Creative Thinking||Design Research Methodology|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Design Studio||Design Studio|
|Trends and Forecasting||Merchandising and Collection|
|Computer-Aided Textile Design (CATD) I||Computer-Aided Textile Design (CATD) II|
|Communication Skills and Presentation Techniques||Internal Design Project|
Career in Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management
Compared to other disciplines such as commerce and science, the field offers fewer job chances. Applicants can work in a variety of industries, including marketing firms, textile firms, retailing centers, household goods, media firms, and design firms. The table below lists several of the most frequent career categories that a Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management student can pursue, along with job descriptions and income packages.
|Job Position||Average Salary|
|Textile Designer||INR 2.8-5.5 LPA|
|Fashion Designer||INR 3-5.5 LPA|
|Merchandiser||INR 2.5-4.2 LPA|
|Quality Auditor||INR 3.5-6 LPA|
|Fabric Sourcing Manager||INR 2.5-7 LPA|
Future Scope Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management
Individuals might choose to work or continue their education after completing this course. The following are the most popular educational options after completing a Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management program:
- An MPhil in Textile Management: Individuals might choose to work or continue their education after completing this course. After finishing an advanced degree or MPhil in Textile Management, one can pursue a PhD in Textile Management, which is the highest level of education available in the field. The program fees range from INR 1,00,000 to INR 4,00,000.
- PhD in Textile Management: Following finishing a postgraduate degree or MPhil in Textile Management, one can pursue a PhD in Textile Management, which is the top stage of education available in the field. The course fees range from INR 1,00,000 to INR 4,00,000.
Distance Education for Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management
For this curriculum, distance-learning or online education is an option. Everyone who qualifies for a Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management can easily participate in the program through distance learning.
FAQ’s for PGD in Textile Management
Required Applicants must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any field with a cumulative grade point average of at least 50 percent from a nationally recognized university or college. Students with a Diploma in Textile Management, Advance or Executive Level Certification in a relevant subject after completing class ten are also qualified to apply.
Textile Management is an Industry Specified Professional Course, concerned with the making and management of apparel and clothes. It is also combined with fashion merchandising and design. The main aim of the course is to create healthy professionals, willing to create and interpret knowledge of clothing material to better serve the industry.
Upon effectively finishing the program, students can pursue careers as Textile Designers, Home Textile Designers, Merchandisers, Textile Marketing Managers, Merchandiser Managers, Quality Auditors, Retail Project Executives, and so on.