The Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management is a one-year procedure that emphasizes the practice of initiating, organizing, executing, and controlling a project in order to meet its objectives. An applicant for a PGD in Project Management must have finished his or her bachelor’s degree in the corresponding discipline and have a minimum of two years of professional experience. A Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management does not require an admissions test. Some universities, on the other hand, may admit students based on their graduation marks, the number of years of professional experience an applicant has, as well as personality tests and group discussions.
For a one-year project management course, the typical fee ranges from INR 1,00,000 to INR 10,00,00. Manufacturing industries, construction and engineering companies, software development companies, the healthcare sector, and many other sectors require project management professionals, who can operate as project control executives, project leaders, project managers, project engineers, and so forth. A PGD in Project Management starts at INR 3,00,000 and goes up to INR 6,00,000. GAIL, TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Bajaj, Persistent, Amazon, and more businesses are recruiting project teams. The following are among some of the best colleges for pursuing a postgraduate diploma in project management.
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies-Pune
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering- Mumbai
- DIT University-Dehradun
- Gurunanak Dev Engineering College-Ludhiana
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria for PGDM in Project Management
A student who wishes to enrol in the PGD in Project Management must complete the necessary requirements:
- Students with a bachelor’s degree in a non-engineering field must have a minimum of three years of professional experience.
- A applicant with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or technology must have at least two years of professional expertise.
- Candidates with a diploma in engineering, architecture, or engineering must have at least four years of industry expertise.
Admission Process for PGD in Project Management
The application criteria for the PGD in Project Management is focused on a student’s profiles and the grades earned in his undergraduate course. Institutions and colleges admit individuals depending on their marks in graduate programmes. Individuals must enroll for institutions using websites established by the appropriate organizations, that they must monitor for changes on a regular basis.
- In order to get admitted, institutions require a minimum of 55 percent in graduation programs.
- Applicants may be called for additional phases of screening, including Extempore, Group Sessions, and Individual Interview, with each step receiving a score.
- A merit list is created depending on the marks received in each round, and qualified candidates are sent acceptance letters.
Course Overview for PGDM in Project Management
|Course Level||Post Graduate Diploma|
|Full-Form||Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management|
|Examination Type||No Entrance Examination is conducted|
|Eligibility||Graduation in any Discipline|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000- INR 1,00,000 per year|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 – INR 5,00,000|
|Top Recruiters||Reliance Industries Limited, HDFC Bank, Tata Consultancy Services, ITC ltd, ONGC, Etc.|
|Job Position||Project Control Executive, Project Leader, Project Manager, Project Engineer|
Ways to Get into a Decent Institution for a PGD in Program Management
Choosing an institution have usually considered a difficult undertaking because many universities provide the similar kinds of amenities, which can be confusing for students. However, possessing all of the criteria and certain pointers can help one get into a decent college. To make the process of choosing an institution easier, we’ve compiled a list of things to keep in mind as well as some pointers on how to choose a decent college.
- Everyone should assess oneself in order to ensure that the subject in which he or she has selected is acceptable.
- Examine the institution carefully. Conduct in-depth study and consider the institution carefully. Investigate the institution’s ratings, departments, placements, accreditations, and hidden fees, among other things.
- Make an effort to contact with seniors and alumni to gain insight into the universities. That can aid in reaching a decision in the actual world.
- Verify your candidacy against the college’s eligibility standards to see if it meets your needs.
- Make a list of important paperwork and maintain them on hand.
What is the purpose of the PGD in Project Management Program?
- The implementation of expertise, resources, procedures, and abilities to achieve project requirements is known as project management.
- The practise of initiating, planning, executing, and controlling to achieve the right and necessary objectives is also known as PGD in Project Management.
- The key regions of concentration in this discipline are schedule, finance, performance, and future perspectives.
- Project management’s major goal is to reduce responsiveness, improve business development, assist in project prioritisation, and act as a link between functional departments while maintaining effective discussion.
- The PGD in Project Management’s major goal is to teach candidates how to organize and guide projects.
- PGD Project Management teaches candidates about all aspects of project management.
What are the benefits of pursuing a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management?
- PGD in Project Management will assist you with comprehending and gaining a thorough understanding of Project Management.
- Participants will gain knowledge about project management from numerous perspectives, such as managing a project, managing a project, dealing with time restrictions, and so on.
- The training syllabus is vast and comprehensive, providing a student with all of the necessary information to be a Project Manager.
- The PGD in Project Management promotes a comprehensive method toward acquiring a Manager in the domain of Project Management by combining operational, internships, and seminar theory.
- Students will also have the option to work in a variety of industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, and automobiles.
- You’ll learn how to work as a team to execute a project on time and under budget.
- A student who chooses this course can work as a Project Control Executive, Project Leader, Project Manager, or Project Engineer.
Best Colleges for PGD in Project Management
Here is a table of universities that provide a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management, together with their rankings, fees, placements, and other information.
|Rankings (2020)||College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Placements|
|3rd by CSR-GHRDC||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies||Pune||INR 72,600||INR 9,25,000|
|12th by NIRF||National Institute of Industrial Engineering||Mumbai||INR 10,83,000||INR 19,00,000|
|67th by The Outlook||DIT University||Dehradun||INR 2,60,000||INR 4,50,000|
|69th by India Today||Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College||Ludhiana||INR 1,65,000||INR 3,50,000|
Distance Learning in PGD in Project Management
Several institutions offers a PG Diploma in Project Management via distant education. The distance education programme for a PG Diploma in Project Management lasts between 21 and 24 months. Distance learning is open to any graduate. Distance Learning PG Diploma in Project Management differs from a traditional PG Diploma in Project Management in terms of time and adaptability. The following are few of the institutions that provide a distance education PG Diploma in Project Management:
|Name of the Institute||Location||Duration||Fees|
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance learning||Pune||24 Months||INR 41,000|
|MIT School of Distance Education||Pune||21 months with an extension of 6 months.||INR 65,000 for one stroke Payment or INR 71,000 in 3 Instalments.|
Syllabus for PG Diploma in Project Management
The PG Diploma in Project Management curriculum is described in table below.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles and Practices of Management||Project Scope Management|
|Introduction to Project Management||Operations Strategy|
|Management Information Systems||Project Cost Management|
|Production / Operations Management||Project Schedule Management|
|Project Management Leadership||Project Financial Management|
|Project Scope and Time Management||Project Applied Technology|
Books for PGDM in Project Management
The following is a collection of books for the PG Diploma in Project Management that are primarily recognised by major institutions and authored by top writers.
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Project Management Absolute Beginner’s Guide||Greg Horine|
|Project Management for Non-Project Managers||Jack Ferraro|
|Project Management Case Studies||Harold Kerzner|
|Making Things Happen: Mastering Project Management||Scott Berkun|
Career Scope in PGD in Project Management
Applicants with a postgraduate diploma in project management can work in a variety of professions to improve diverse fields. They can manage a team, organise a group, work on proposed project with a team, and product development is one of the tasks they must complete. Project management curtails one’s attitude of accountability. Project managers are in charge of managing the project budget, planning and supervising the project ‘s development, developing a project schedule, and determining the project’s professional specifications. A few of the roles managed by a student with a PG Diploma in Project Management are listed here.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Project Manager||A project manager is someone who uses his or her skills, expertise, and expertise to ensure that a project runs smoothly and efficiently.||INR 10,00,000.|
|Project Coordinator||A Project Coordinator is a person who helps the Project Manager organize and run a project. He is in charge of providing all help that a Project Manager requires.||INR 5,00,000|
|Product Manager||A Product Manager is a specialist who is in charge of a company’s product configuration. Product managers are the people in charge of defining a product’s technical and functional needs.||INR 16,00,000|
Future Scope of PGDM in Project Management
Project management abilities are in high need since they enable an individual to handle a team and a project. Project Managers are needed in every profession and business, which making it a much more feasible degree to pursue. Project managers can work in a variety of industries, including health care, industrial, information technology, automobiles, and agriculture. A student with a PG Diploma in Project Management can work as a Project Control Executive, Project Leader, Project Manager, or Project Engineer, among other positions, with starting salary packages ranging from INR 3,50,000 to INR 5,00,000. Project Managers are employed by a variety of firms, including Reliance Industries Limited, HDFC Bank, Tata Consultancy Services, ITC Limited, ONGC, and others.
A student with a PG Diploma in Project Management could engage as a Project Manager or pursue alternative specialized abilities such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and so on. A Master of Business Administration is also an option for a student.
FAQ’s for PGDM in Project Management
Communication Talents, Leadership Qualities, Team Leadership Skills, Teamwork, and Time Management Skills are among the skills that a candidate would develop while pursuing a PG Diploma in Project Management.
Project management is among the most in-demand skills right now. Most businesses employ Project Managers to oversee a project. Indeed, Project Management programs include a wide range of topics.
An applicant for a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline and a minimum of two years of work experience.
Institutions do take into account students with work experience. A student must have a minimum of two years of work experience to be qualified for the PG Diploma in Project Management.
The PG Diploma in Project Management does not have an entrance exam. Applications, on the other hand, are based on a student’s educational achievement and profile assessment.
Project Management may undoubtedly be learned as a remote learning program. There are numerous websites and institutions that provide distance learning at your comfort. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Education and MIT School of Distance Education are two colleges that provide a PG Diploma in Project Management through distance learning.
A new student can expect to be paid around INR 3,00,000 after finishing GD in Project Management, however qualified individuals can expect to earn between INR 6,50,000 and 8,50,000.
The cost of a PG Diploma in Project Management course varies per institution. The fees might range from INR 50,000 to INR 2,000,000.