PGDLL is the full form of PGDLL. The PG Diploma in Labor Laws is a one-year diploma program that provides advanced-level instruction on current labour-related legislation as well as the changing industrial landscape.
The qualifying criteria for the PGDLL Course are an LL.B. in Intellectual Property Rights with a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ ST students) or a Master’s degree in a Social Science-related field with a minimum aggregate score of 50%. For admission to the programme, interested individuals must pass an entrance examination such as CLAT, AILET, LSAT, AIBE, KIITEE, CUSAT, and others.
In India, the typical tuition rate for the course is between INR 9,000 and 30,000. Government colleges, on the other hand, may demand lower fees than private colleges.
The top two colleges in India that offer a PGDLL course are ILS Law College and Dr Ambedkar Law University.
Students study the legal profession, business (human resources), trade unions, and the public sector throughout the PGDLL programme. It also includes elements of the law that are governed by the Labour Relations Act and other current labour legislation.
Contract Compliance Specialists, Legal Analysts, Labour Welfare Officers, Manager Industrial Relations, Labour Relations Managers, Employment Lawyers, and other positions are available to students who complete the PGDLL programme. The beginning remuneration ranges from INR 3,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per year for these positions.
Graduates of the PGDLL Course are frequently hired by organisations such as the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations, Committee on Education and Labor, National Employment Counseling Association, National Employment Law Council, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), and Workplace Fairness.
Table of Contents
PGDLL Course: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Examination Type||Annual system|
|Eligibility||LL.B. in Intellectual Property Rights with a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ ST candidates) or A Master’s degree in a Social Science- related subject with a minimum of 50% in aggregate.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam/ Merit Based|
|Average Course Fee||INR 9,000 to INR 30,000|
|Job Positions||Contract Compliance Specialist, Legal Analyst, Labour Welfare officer, Manager Industrial Relations, Labour Relations Manager, Employment Lawyers etc.|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 10,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), Committee on Education and Labor, National Employment Counseling Association (NECA), National Employment Law Council, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)|
PGDLL Course: Admission Process
Admission to the PGDLL programme is determined by a candidate’s performance in one of the country’s applicable entrance exams. A step-by-step procedure for the PGDLL Course is outlined below.
- Candidates must first register on the official website before applying to the college or taking the entrance exam.
- Application fees: Candidates must pay the application fees online via Net Banking or UPI in order to be considered for admission.
- Examination: They must take and pass the entrance exam in order to be admitted to the PGDLL programme.
- Result Announcement: Following the announcement of the results, qualified students will be contacted for counselling and will be required to bring their original documents.
- Counselling/interview and final admission list: Admission officials will verify the paperwork, and anyone found with incorrect or incomplete documents will have their candidature denied.
- The Admission Authority will compile a final list of qualified students, after which the date and time for the next session’s start will be determined.
Document Required for PG Diploma Industrial Relations & Labour Laws Admission
- HSC Certificate and Mark sheet.
- +2 Certificate and Mark sheet.
- Graduation All Certificates and Mark sheets.
- College Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate in case of a student migrating from another university.
- Provisional Certificate
- Recent passport size colour photographs duly attested by a Gazetted Officer (5 copies).
- Caste/Tribe certificate (for SC/ST candidate)/Physically Handicapped certificate.
NOTE:- Students who are admitted must bring all the original documents with them to the Institute Campus. Students failing to present all relevant original documents upon request may be denied admission or later told to leave the university.
PGDLL Course: Eligibility Criteria
- A minimum aggregate score of 50 per cent (45 per cent for SC/ ST applicants) is required for an LL.B. in Intellectual Property Rights from a recognised university. Applicants in their final year of law school are also able to apply.
- A Master’s degree in a Social Science-related subject with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
PGDLL Course: Entrance Exams
|Name of the Exam||Mode of Exam|
PGDLL Course: Tips to clear the Entrance Exam
Before taking the entrance exam, students must remember the following points:
- Prepare for the entrance exam using the exam’s syllabus as a guide.
- Students should look for practice exams and mock tests and attempt to solve them so that they may acquire a sense of the types of questions that will be asked.
- While in the exam room, he or she must remain calm and read the questions carefully before answering them.
- They must keep an eye on the trend of previous year’s question papers because the question may be based on those papers.
- Students must study the instructions carefully during the exam to prevent making any serious errors.
PGDLL Course: What is it About?
- Over the course of a year and six courses, the PGDLL covers complex issues in the legal profession, business (human resources), trade unions, and the public sector.
- The PGDLL is a one-year programme with a curriculum aimed to provide students with practical labour law training.
- This course covers the legal contract agreement between a company or employer and the employee or individual working under it.
- PGDLL students will be able to understand and cover numerous legal elements, allowing them to work in industries, factories, legal experts, counsellors, and human resource managers.
- It also improves communication, interpersonal, and confidence skills, as well as general knowledge and current events.
PGDLL Course: Top Colleges
|Name of the College||Average Annual Fees|
|ILS Law College||INR 18,000|
|Dr Ambedkar Law University||INR 15,000|
|Indian Law Institute, New Delhi||INR 20,000|
|Indian Law Institute, New Delhi||INR 10,000|
|Tamil Nadu Institute of Labor Studies||INR 10,000|
PGDLL Course: College Comparison
|Parameters||ILS Law College||Dr Ambedkar Law University|
|Overview||ILS Law College is one of the best institutes which offers PGDLL courses. The academic structure is very well arranged by the college and the faculty members are highly qualified.||Dr Ambedkar Law University offers the best quality education and also offers great placement opportunities for the students.|
|Average Fees||INR 18,000||INR 15,000|
|Average Package Offered||INR 3LPA- INR 5LPA||INR 4LPA-INR 6LPA|
|Placement Opportunities||American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), Committee on Education and Labor, National Employment Counseling Association (NECA)||National Employment Counseling Association (NECA), National Employment Law Council, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)|
PGDLL Course: Tips to get into a Good College
- Make a list of the best colleges that offer the programme.
- Examine the cut-off scores for these colleges’ entrance exams.
- Examine the entrance exam’s syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Attempt to outperform the prior year’s cut-off scores.
- You must attend the counselling session on the scheduled date after passing the entrance exam.
- Make sure you have all of the paperwork you’ll need for the therapy session.
PGDLL: Course Advantages
- The Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Law is a fascinating and useful study.
- The subject is crucial since it informs students about numerous labour rules.
- Contract Compliance Specialists, Legal Analysts, Labour Welfare Officers, Manager Industrial Relations, Labour Relations Managers, and Employment Lawyers are among the jobs available to successful course graduates.
- The average annual starting pay for PGDLL graduates is quite high (INR 3,00,000 – INR 10,00,000).
- Students in PGDLL courses are educated on the fundamental laws, allowing them to stay current and informed.
- Such postgraduates are frequently hired by large groups such as the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), Committee on Education and Labor, and Workplace Fairness. As a result, there are several chances for students in this profession.
PGDLL Course: Course Comparison
Below is a comparison of PGDLL vs PGDHRL based on a few characteristics that may aid students in choosing their preferred course.
|Parameters||Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Laws||Post Graduate Diploma In Human Rights Laws|
|Overview||PG Diploma in Labor Laws is a year diploma course which offers advanced-level lessons in the interplay between existing labour-related legislation and the changing industrial scenario.||PG Diploma in Human Rights Law is a year diploma course, designed to develop professional groups, such as police and army, primary school teachers, and NGO functionaries. The course is mainly about issues related to Human Rights.|
|Duration||1 year||1 year|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based/ Merit Based||Entrance Based/ Merit Based|
|Average Fees||INR 9,000-INR 30,000||INR 9,000-INR 30,000|
|Average Salary Pack||3LPA-10LPA||3LPA-30LPA|
PGDLL Course: Syllabus
|Term I||Term II|
|Law Relating to Industrial Relations||Laws Relating to Wages and Monetary Benefits|
|Industrial Disputes Act,1947||Payment of Wages Act, 1936|
|Industrial Employment Act, 1946||Minimum Wages Act, 1948|
|Industrial Relations Act, 1960||Payment of Bonus Act, 1965|
|Other States Legislation dealing with Labor||Equal Remuneration Act, 1976|
|Contract Labor [Regulation and Abolition] Act, 1970||Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972|
|Term III||Term IV|
|Law Relating to Social Security and Safety Measures||Law Relating to Industrial Relations|
|Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923||Trade Union Act, 1926|
|Employees State Insurance Act, 1948||Factory Act, 1948|
|Employee’s provident fund and miscellaneous provisions Act, 1961||Employer’s Liability Act, 1938|
|Maternity Benefit Act, 1961||Sales Promotion Employees [ Conditions of Service] Act, 1976|
|Fatal Accident Act, 1855||–|
PGDLL Course: Recommended Books
|Name of the Book||Name of the publisher|
|The Children and Laws in India with reference to POSCO||Notion Press|
|Universal’s Handbook on Protection of Women for Domestic Violence- Acts and Rule||Universal Law Publishing|
|A Handbook on the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007||Shroff Publisher|
|Kumar Gourav: Sexual Harassment at Workplace: A commentary and Digest on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace||Universal Law Publishing|
PGDLL Course: Job Prospects
The various job profiles are listed below, along with the average income offered to candidates.
|Job Position||Annual Average Salary|
|Contract Compliance Specialist||INR 8,00,243|
|Legal Analyst||INR 4,50,000|
|Labor Welfare Officer||INR 4,49,150|
|Manager of Industrial Relations||INR 6,13,085|
|Labor Relations Manager||INR 5,03,435|
|Employment Lawyers||INR 4,66,967|
- Employment Lawyers:- 4,66,967
- Labour Relations Manager:- 5,03,435
- Manager Industrial Relations:- 6,13,085
- Labor Welfare Officer:- 4,49,150
- Legal Analyst:- 4,50,000
- Contract Compliance Specialist:- 8,00,243
PGDLL Course: Future Scope
- After finishing the PGDLL, students can apply for a Master of Labour Studies or a Master of Law in Labor Law to further their understanding of the judiciary’s jurisdiction and reach.
- Contract Compliance Specialists, Legal Analysts, Labour Welfare Officers, Manager Industrial Relations, Labour Relations Managers, and Employment Lawyers are among the positions available to successful PGDLL graduates.
PGDLL Course: FAQs
Ans. The duration of PGDLL is 1 year.
Ans. After completing the PGDLL programme, students are typically hired as Contract Compliance Specialists, Legal Analysts, Labor Welfare Officers, managers of Industrial Relations, Labour Relations Managers, and Employment Lawyers.
Ans. Students who complete a PGDLL programme can expect to earn between INR 3,00,000 and INR 10,00,000.
Ans. PGDLL is a diploma course in Labor Laws. It is a postgraduate course.
Ans. PGDLL course is divided into 4 terms. So, Students were evaluated by 4 term exams.
Ans. Students are admitted to the PGDLL programme based on their performance in the college’s PGDLL entrance exam.
Ans. The average PGDLL course fee is around INR 9,000 to INR 30,000.
Ans. CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is one of the most important entrance exams for admission to the programme. AILET, LSAT, AIBE, KIITEE, and CUSAT are some more entry tests.
Ans. The course is extremely beneficial and rewarding. However, whether or not students enjoy the course is entirely dependent on their interests and talents. PGDLL is most likely to help attorneys, advocates, legal counsellors, labour consultants, public servants, labour relations and personnel officers, managers, and trade union representatives.
Ans. Yes, PGDLL is offered both as a Residential(Distance) and as a Corresponding course.