Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology [PGDIT] is a one-year post-graduate diploma program that focuses on technology management and successfully educates candidates for professional jobs in the incredibly fast-changing information technology industry. The PGDIT emphasizes the use of information technologies to increase productivity and effectiveness, and it is designed to prepare students for positions in IT management. It provides the ideal mix of technical and administrative expertise. PGDIT promises to provide in-depth expertise in all management and marketing areas, as well as cutting-edge information technology technologies. The course is classified into two semesters. And several institutions offer it on a part-time basis. Develop IT postgraduates that can think clearly and have a variety of high-level IT abilities that can be utilized in a variety of settings.
The major goal of this course is to properly train individuals for successful jobs in the efficient and rapid information systems economy. It is career-oriented in nature and provides students with a wide range of work opportunities upon graduation. Several colleges and universities across the country offer this program on their campuses. Enrollment to the PGDIT is based on merit or entry. The applicant should have earned a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution. They can also take entrance exams such as GATE, TANCET, and others.
In India, the average annual income for PGDIT graduates ranges from INR 2,00,000 to INR 20,00,000, based on the student’s level of skill in the subject. Students can work for reputable MNCs such as Wipro, Tech Mahindra, and SBI, as well as academic institutions.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria for PGDIT
The eligibility requirements are just the first step in obtaining admittance to the PGDIT program. The required PGDIT eligibility requirements are listed below.
- Applicants must have received a bachelor from a University Grants Commission-accredited institution.
- Applicants for the PGDIT programme should have completed a Bachelor’s or MSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Applications (with Mathematics as a subject at the Bachelor’s level).
- A minimum total score of 55-60% on the last exams is required.
Admissions Process for PGDIT
Admissions to PGDIT programs are usually done by an entrance exam or on a merit basis, based on the institutes.
- Candidates for the PGDIT programme must register for the qualifying examination or merit-based admissions.
- Students who do not like to take the GATE can take a specific admission exam administered by particular colleges, such as TANCET, which is administered by the Tamil Nadu government, and several other academic institutions and colleges.
- The institution will release the results and cut-off list after the entrance exam is completed.
- Upon completing the examination, the selected students will be invited for verification, and admission to the PGDIT programme will be granted.
- Likewise, applicants would be offered admissions after verification and an interview session.
What are the Most Important PGDIT Exams?
Following are the main two major qualifying exams for PGDIT admission: GATE and TANCET.
- GATE: The majority of IITs and IIScs conduct an All India Level Exam. It is held only once a year. It consists of a mix of multiple-choice and quantitative questions.
- TANCET : This exa is being conducted by Anna University on behalf of Tamil Nadu Government.
How to Study for the PGDIT Entrance Exams
Several helpful hints for preparing for these entrance tests are listed below:
- The candidate for a PGDIT program must be conversant with the content and structure of the entrance examination.
- With optimal test preparation, the last five years’ study material must be solved.
- The GATE curriculum could be a great approach to prepare for your entrance examination.
- In the following 180 minutes, create a schedule for learning and analysing mock exam papers.
- The previous five years’ question papers must be solved for improved practice tests.
What to do to get into the Best PGDIT Colleges?
Just a few things to consider in order to gain admittance to reputable PGDIT colleges:
- Students must select their preferred colleges by the themes covered in the fees, teaching staff, syllabus, and placement, among other factors.
- Select the relevant college/website institution’s for announcements on a regular basis.
- Candidates must polish up on the fundamental aspects of information technology during their Bachelor’s Degree in order to pass the PI or GD round.
- Following passing the interview, students are counselled in order to get accepted to their selected college or institution.
Required Documents for PG. DIPLOMA in Information Technology Admissions
- All Graduation Certificates and Mark Sheets
- certificate and mark sheet from the HSC.
- Class 12 mark sheet and certificates
- The College Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate in the case of a student migrating from another university.
- Provisional Certificate
- Recent passport size colour photographs duly attested by a Gazetted Officer (5 copies).
- caste/tribe certificate (for SC/ST candidates) or physically handicapped certificate.
Candidates who are accepted should bring all original documents to the college location with them. Applicants who fail to submit all original documents when requested may be refused entrance or instructed to depart the institution.
Course Overview for PGDIT
|Course Level||Diploma Postgraduate|
|Full-Form||Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology|
|Eligibility||A valid score in GATE/TANCET|
|Admission Process||Minimum 55% in Graduation BTech/BE/BSc|
|Course Fee||INR 30,000 – 2,50,000|
|Average Salary||INR 6,00,000|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, HCL, Technosys, Bajaj, Accenture, Mahindra, L&T, etc.|
|Job Profile||Project Manager, Business Analyst, IT Manager, System Analyst, Technical Leaders, Software Consultant, etc.|
What is it about the PGDIT?
The Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (PGDIT) is a postgraduate diploma program in information technology. The curriculum is meant to generate IT postgraduates who can think clearly and possess a variety of high-level IT abilities that can be utilized in a variety of scenarios. This diploma will also teach you about IT research. Graduates are well-prepared based on quality in the efficient and rapid information technology industry thanks to the system’s distinctive concentration on technology management.
- Advanced education in the practical and theoretical of storing, organising, accessing, and evaluating information in many different of settings is given to the students.
- Applicants with a PGDIT can conduct a wide range of information-related duties in all key business domains, as well as cope with the organization of difficult issues and IT-based remedies to complicated difficulties.
- The structure and effect of organizational support systems, managerial decision, and management information systems, as well as network strategies and network engineering, are also designed for students.
Why should you pursue a PGDIT degree?
The PGDIT program is designed to provide students with an organized collection of skills that will enable them to pursue professional employment in the field of information technology.
- It also aids students in acquiring the theoretical and practical understanding required to comprehend the design of sophisticated computer applications and science.
- PGDIT is useful in preparing candidates to utilization future innovations in the sector and has been shown to be relevant in the workplace.
- PGDIT Syllabus enables candidates to learn the most up-to-date skills and develop their future capacities by utilising cutting-edge technology.
- The PGDIT programme prepares candidates to excel in IT management professions, which are expected to be one of the fastest increasing in the globe during the next decade.
- There seems to be an option for researching in India or abroad for students who want to develop their skills.
Applicability for a Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (PGDIT)
The program is designed to provide postgraduate learners with an access set of skills that would enable them to advance professionally in the field of information technology. The program also assists students in gaining the profound comprehension required to comprehend the design of sophisticated computer applications and science.
What are the Benefits of a Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (PGDIT) Curriculum?
- The curriculum is useful in preparing candidates to accept future changes in the industry and has been shown to be professional relevant.
- The curriculum assists learners in developing the most up-to-date skills and developing their future capacities through the use of cutting-edge technology.
- The candidate will leave this curriculum with a solid understanding of computer systems and information technology.
Best Colleges for PGDIT ?
The following are some of the best universities that provide PGDIT:
|College Name||Average Fees||Average Salary Package|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||INR 48,200||INR 4,00,000|
|Xavier Institue of Social Sciences, Ranchi||INR 10,00,000||INR 4,50,000|
|MICA, Ahmedabad||INR 21,00,000||INR 6,00,000|
|ITS, Ghaziabad||INR 3,50,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida||INR 12,00,000||INR 7,00,000|
|Jaipuria Institute of Business, Ghaziabad||INR 3,75,000||INR 6,20,000|
|International school of Informatics and Management, Jaipur||INR 32,000||INR 5,80,000|
|LPU, Jalandhar||INR 2,32,000||INR 7,60,000|
|Jagran Institute of Management Studies, Jaipur||INR 5,95,000||INR 6,20,000|
|Jain University, Bangalore||INR 9,90,000||INR 4,80,000|
Syllabus for the Course of PGDIT
The curriculum for the PGDIT program is listed below.
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Principles and Practices of Management||Business Requirement Analysis|
|Business Communication||Project Management (IT)|
|Information Technology Concepts||Business Applications and ERP|
|Database Management Systems||Software Engineering with UML|
|Algorithms and Programming Concepts||Current Trends in IT|
|Software Quality Management||Business Process Modelling|
|Data Warehousing and Data Mining||Cloud Computing|
|Information Security Management||–|
What are the Career Scopes in PGDIT?
Throughout, the information technology sector engages a large number of people. It offers a variety of work opportunities in both the public and commercial sectors. The following are some examples of employment profiles for PGDIT graduates:
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Information Security Officer||ISSOs are responsible for researching, implementing, testing, and reviewing an organization’s information systems in order to safeguard data and prevent unwanted access.||INR 9,40,000|
|Information Security Analyst||Information security analysts guarantee that data kept on networks or systems is not accidentally disclosed to unauthorized parties or manipulated, and they may also design and maintain security solutions.||INR 4,91,000|
|Security Specialist||Network security specialists keep an eye out for unauthorized users or security hazards on computer networks. They may also be able to detect affected machines and provide information on the security steps taken to combat threats.||INR 6,00,000|
|Support Manager||Support Managers are in charge of an institution’s advanced technologies and records management and security. They ensure that adequate IT employees have the necessary certifications and experience.||INR 8,33,000|
|Information Technology Analyst||IT Analysts, also known as Systems Analysts, design and implement information systems to improve operational efficiency. They begin as administrators, assisting with IT studies with a large scope, such as marketing research data collection.||INR 6,04,000|
Future Scope for the PGDIT Course
Professionals in information technology are in high demand, as it necessitates professionals with hands-on experience. A few future opportunities for PGDIT graduates are listed below:
- Students of the PGDIT programme can find work in the fields of technology and information. They can work for reputable MNCs in reputable departments and earn a good living.
- Students can also pursue MPhil or MBA programmes in technology and related subjects.
- Individuals can also go abroad to further their education and work for multinational corporations.
- Candidates can also take the NTA-UGC NET-JRF exam, which will qualify them for positions as Assistant Professors in academic institutions, as well as research opportunities in leading colleges and universities.
FAQ’s for PGDIT Course
Project Manager, IT Manager, System Analyst, Business Analyst, Technical Leaders, Software Consultant, and other similar positions are ideal for PGDIT graduates.
The PGDIT program is a one-year curriculum.
Absolutely, it is required since certain universities admit students based on their entrance exam scores. Many colleges and universities, on the other hand, admit students based on their previous degree’s merit scores.
The typical PGDIT course fee is INR 80,000.
Qualifying examinations are used to choose students for the PGDIT program, which are accompanied by a round of group discussion and individual interviews.
The average annual pay is projected to range between INR 4,00,000 and INR 8,00,000.