The PGD, or Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing, is a one-year postgraduate level program that equips learners with access to understanding planning requirements, SEO, SEM, and email campaigns. Applicants getting admission should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree and a degree from a recognized institution or college in the respective discipline. Entrance to this program is competitive and based on a combination of merit and qualifying exams. Some organizations, on the other hand, may require an examination before admitting an applicant. Educational findings, computer lab work, an overview of digital advertising, digital marketing and planning, digital media advertising, the art of pitching, client-oriented strategy, and so on are all part of the PGD in Digital Marketing curriculum.
According to popular opinion, Birla Institute of Management Technology, Loyola Institute of Business Administration, and Universal Business School are among the well-known universities for a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing. This approved curriculum costs between INR 40,000 and INR 150,000 per year on average. Some of the work options for a PGD in digital marketing include SEO Copywriter, Content Marketer, Copywriter, and Media Manager. These are some of the work options for a PGD in digital marketing. Depending on the organization, the typical pay for a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing varies from INR 2.5 lac per annum to INR 5 lac per annum. One can obtain work at prominent firms like Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Accenture, Wipro, WebFX, Max Audience, and Gozoop after completing a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing program.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
What are the eligibility for PGD Digital Marketing?
The candidate must have received a Bachelor’s Degree with merit in any degree from a UGC reputed institute or college to be eligible. Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree inside the same discipline with a minimum of 60%.
The student’s aggregate marks at the 10+2 level should not be below 55 percent from a qualified school.
PGD Digital Marketing: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management Marketing|
|Examination Type||Semester and Annual|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduate with at least 50% marks or equivalent in any recognized Institute|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance|
|Average Course Fee||INR 5,000 – 10 Lacs|
|Subjects||Content creation, Introduction to digital marketing, Email Marketing, SEO, Web Remarketing.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Accenture, Wipro and WebFX, Max Audience and Gozoop|
|Top Job Position||SEO Executive, Copywriter, ORM Executive, Content Writer, Digital Marketer, Paid Media Executive.|
Admissions process for the PGD in Digital Marketing?
The admission process for a PGD in Digital Marketing varies by college. Several institutions hold entrance exams for admission and choose students based on their test scores, whereas others admit students based on merit and a personal interview. The below are amongst the most prominent entrance examinations used by universities to admit students to their programs:
Exam Prep for PGD Digital Marketing
Learners can use various resources to help them prepare: Set a timetable for each of the subjects on the curriculum. Stick to the program and devote equal time to each subject. Make sure you understand the fundamentals so you won’t have any trouble studying advanced chapters. It will be beneficial to have a solid understanding of the fundamentals. Make the most of your practice time because the entrance exam is all about practice. Work on the preceding year’s exam papers and take two practice tests a day. Toppers recommend NCERT books for 10+2 students as well as graduation-level reference materials and other publications. Prior to taking the exams, candidates should thoroughly review these books.
Why should you pursue a PGD in Digital Marketing?
Below are some reasons to seek a PGD in digital marketing:
Good Packages — Because digital marketing is a growing field with a scarcity of qualified individuals, companies are willing to pay top dollar for qualified candidates. A professional postgraduate digital marketer’s yearly average income varies between INR 1.5 lakhs and 3 lakhs, with those with knowledge earning up to INR 15 LPA to 22 LPA.
Several digital marketing professionals like the ability to work from home. Specific location isn’t important because the entire domain revolves around online and internet-based marketing strategies. A digital agency can work and discuss projects from any location.
Boost your creativity. – Digital marketing is a growing industry, which means it’s still evolving. When you enroll in a postgraduate digital marketing program, you will be taught all the key skills and approaches, and when you complete your diploma, you will have the right information and hands-on expertise to enhance market research.
A large spectrum of career opportunities– The nicest thing about getting a digital marketing degree is that it isn’t limited to just one field. Companies in every industry area are looking to enhance their operations by hiring an employee with a digital marketing degree. So, if you have a digital marketing credential, you can work in any industry.
Benefits for Pursuing PGD Digital Marketing
- The Post-Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing trained us to combine new strategic plans with advertisements and frameworks in order to capture customers, acquire customer confidence, provide great customer service, develop new ideas, manufacture new products, and conduct market research.
- The diploma programme incorporates specified standards and consumer windows—shopping activity throughout your digital marketing attempt.
- The Diploma programme does not focus on technical skills; rather, it introduces applicants to the essential technologies that social media and digital use to achieve their business goals.
Top Colleges for PGD Digital Marketing
In India, various institutions offer this education. The following are some of the best colleges that offer this programme:
|Name of the College||Average fees (INR)|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology||3 lakhs|
|N.L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research||1.20 lakhs|
|Universal Business School||80,000|
|International Management Institute||2.28 lakhs|
|Aditya Institute of Management Studies and Research||1.90 lakhs|
College Admission Guide for PGD Digital Marketing
Below are some things to follow in order to gain admission to a decent university.
- Obtain as good as possible in 10+2 because grades are really crucial.
- Participate in recreational and social activities. Develop yourself as a leader. Develop a passion for one or more subjects
- To prevent stress, begin looking for suitable institutions as soon as possible. Start making a folder and fill it with all of the information you’ll need.
- NCERT and reference books from 12th grade can help you start for the entrance exam.
PGD Digital Marketing: Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Introduction to Digital Marketing||Digital Media Planning and Buying|
|Website Planning & Creation||Web Remarketing|
|Search Engine Optimisation||Email Marketing|
|Search Engine Marketing||Design Essential|
|Social Media Marketing||E- Commerce Management|
|Content Strategy||Adsense, Blogging|
|Web Analytics||Art of Pitching|
PGD Digital Marketing: Job Prospects
Following graduation, students will have numerous job options in marketing and advertising, including brand manager, brand ambassador, industry research associate, digital marketing manager, commercial manager, and so on. They could look into job prospects in both the industry and government. Digital marketing has exploded in prominence in recent years, and it has become one of the most sought-after professional paths. As more businesses migrate to digital services, it is projected that more employment in the field of digital marketing will be created, and the availability of skilled professionals will skyrocket. A digital marketing manager’s beginning salary in India is now Rs 4 lakhs or higher. The following are among the best digital marketing professions and their descriptions:
- Market Research Analyst: A market research analyst’s job is to analyse market circumstances and determine whether or not a service or product can be sold. These analysts collect information about customer demographics, tastes, requirements, and purchasing habits in order to assist businesses in understanding how well their products and services are selling. Market Research Analyst salaries start at Rs 3.5 lakh and go up from there.
- Content Marketer/Manager: A content marketer’s goal is to develop unique and compelling material and promote it organically across digital media. The content marketer is indeed in charge of ensuring that the web content is optimised for search engines. Content Marketer/Manager salaries start at Rs 6.75 lakh and go up from there.
- Digital Marketing Consultant: A digital advertising consultant’s tasks include managing SEO projects, web design, social networking sites advertising, and advertising campaigns. A Digital Marketing Consultant’s beginning compensation ranges from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
- Conversion Rate Optimizer: A conversion rate optimizer controls marketing’s key conversion points, administers and optimises landing pages, and improves lead-to-customer conversion rates.
- SEO Manager/Professional: An SEO Manager is in charge of creating and implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) approaches as well as activities such as pay-per-click (PPC) marketing and social media marketing. SEO Manager/Professional salaries start at Rs 4 lakh and go higher from there.
- Social Media Manager: A social media manager’s responsibilities include managing social media campaigns, increasing the brand’s presence on social media sites, developing a number of social influencer marketing, posting and commenting on relevant blogs, participating in online discussions, and responding to customer feedback and questions. The beginning wage for a Social Media Manager starts at Rs 4 lakh and goes up from there.
- PPC Search Manager: A PPC Search Manager is someone who is enthusiastic regarding digital advertising and has the capacity to think imaginatively. A PPC manager must be able to swiftly adapt to different business kinds and apply that knowledge to marketing campaigns that will assist the client achieve their objectives. PPC Search Manager salaries start at Rs 5 lakh and go up from there.
- SEO Executive: An SEO executive does an on-site and off-site examination of a client’s SEO competition. Along with a thorough keyword research, on-site and off-site SEO tactics are developed. In addition, the best possible utilisation Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is made, and any important changes in the Google algorithm are closely monitored. SEO Executive salaries start at Rs 4 lakh and go higher from there.
- Email Marketer: An email marketer’s major responsibilities include identifying the target demographic and increasing the email list. Designing and conducting personal email marketing campaigns, reviewing emails, guaranteeing mobile-friendly email campaigns, composing newsletters, and upgrading email templates utilising graphics, personalisation, and sophisticated features are all responsibilities of an email marketer. An email marketer’s work also includes ensuring quick and correct communication with clients. Email Marketer salaries start at Rs 4 lakh and go higher from there.
Top Companies Digital Marketing jobs
Today, businesses of all sizes are engaging digital marketing experts that can help them improve their online presence. Many of the firms engaged such individuals in various positions are listed below:
|Resultrix||Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide|
|SapientRazorfish||GroupM India (MEC, Mindshare, Mediacom, Maxus)|
|Reprise Media India||Interactive Avenues|
|To The New Digital||Foxy Moron|
|Xebec Digital||Social Panga|
Future scope after PGD Digital Marketing
Following graduating the Executive PGD Management (Marketing) course, Post Graduation students can pursue further education and pursue a PhD. It will improve their communication skills and give them with more information. Postgraduates can work for both the government and the commercial sector.
- MBA Marketing: It is a postgraduate programme that lasts from one and three years. Working professionals who wish to advance quickly in their careers and expand their areas of competence enrol in the course.
- PhD: A PhD is the second programme of choice for students who desire to remain in the same sector of education. It’s a three- to five-year programme with eligibility requirements including an Executive Post Graduate Diploma in a related field.
FAQ’s for PGD Digital Marketing
Yes, after completing your BSc, anyone can apply for a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing.
Graduation Certificate – attested copy
10+2 Certificate – attested copy
Adhar Card – attested copy
Domicile Certificate – attested copy
Passport size photographs
Transfer Certificate and,
Yes, you can apply for a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing without an entrance exam. Some colleges take admission on merit basis of the last qualifying exam.
Yes, after completing a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing, you can apply for a B.Tech/BE degree.