The Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Management is a one-year diploma program in the subject of computer administration. A semester-based framework has been established for the program. The program equips candidates with a broad knowledge of C, C++, the Internet, Java, and e-Commerce, among other topics. The program prepares students with technical expertise in the field of computer science. Learners receive training in IT and software development in order to boost the value of these specialists in the IT business. With an increase in the number of IT organizations, the number of successful IT specialists is also on the rise.
Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institution with a minimum aggregate mark of 50% to be considered for this program. The program required effective communication skills as well as a pleasant attitude. Applicants must pay an average annual tuition of INR 2,000 to 1,80,000 to be admitted to this study at Indian colleges/universities. The cost ranges depending on the type of college. Students who have completed this degree will be qualified to work as developers, professional consultants, software engineers, PL/SQL Developers, Graphic Designers, and other positions in a number of diverse and government-mandated institutions.
The typical starting wage for a Postgraduate Diploma holder in Computer Management is between INR 2,00,000 and 10,00,000 per year, with the number of years of professional experience and knowledge in the area increasing with the number of years in industry and expertise in the industry. People who continue higher education and advanced academic study through MBA and other PGDM programs after completing this course. This course primarily serves as a good foundation for subsequent research and related opportunities.
Table of Contents
What are the eligibility criteria for PGDCM?
Applicants interested in pursuing a postgraduate diploma in computer management must comply with the following requirements. Students must have earned a bachelor’s degree in any field to be considered. On the written test, they must get a minimum of 50% overall. A degree from a reputable college or university is required. Diploma holders must have their certificates issued by a board of technical education in any state or by the government.
PGDCM Course Oveview
|Course Level||Post Graduate Diploma|
|Full-Form||Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Management|
|Eligibility Criteria||Applicants can take the online sample test and complete it on the official website. It will improve your performance and effectiveness while also boosting your self-assurance.|
|Average Fees||INR 2,000 – 1,80,000|
|Job Positions||Technical Consultants, Programmers, IT Specialists, Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Software Developer, Systems Analyst, etc.|
|Top Recruiters||Hospitals, Healthcare Providers, Educational Sector, Biotechnology Industry, Chemical Industry, Research Firms, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000 to 10,00,000|
Admission Process for PGD in Computer Management
Enrollment in the program is determined by a student’s performance on an admissions test. CAT, MAT, MAH CET, and other key all-India admission exams are used for this objective. Several colleges also offer merit-based admission. The admissions process typically starts in the months of August and September. By the end of August, practically all admission exams will have online applications available.
Submit your application to the institutions or universities where you want to study. Do well on your bachelor exams, as the results serve as the foundation for the overall admissions process. Institutions will reveal their cutoff lists in due time. Check to see if you are qualified for the course you want to take. Attend the institution and provide all relevant paperwork if you are qualified.
Entrance based admission
Submit your request to the colleges or institutions where you want to study. Prepare for the admission examinations that you will need to pass to get into the institution of your choosing. To be considered for any further admissions round, one should achieve a score higher than the institution or college’s minimum qualifying percentage. Following the written examination, a specific group discussion and structured interview phase are held to determine the proper merit list of individuals who have been selected. After all of the examinations have been completed, the colleges or universities announce the results and issue a merit list of candidates who have been shortlisted based on the written examination, group discussion, and personal interview. The final assignment of seats to applicants occurs after the admissions procedure, and the student is needed to submit the course money and enroll for the academic year.
What are the most well-known PGDCM entrance exams?
For admission to the PGD in Computer Management program, there are numerous national and state-level entrance tests to take. The following are among the most popular entrance examinations used to select candidates seeking admission to this program.
- CAT: The CAT, or Common Admission Test, is an annual online test administered by IIMs to shortlist candidates for admission to masters and diploma programmes. Several prestigious institutions throughout the country accept the exam score. The exam is held once a year.
- MAT: The MAT, or Management Aptitude Test, is a four-times-a-year national exam. The entrance examination for admittance to MBA/PGDM programmes is administered by the All India Management Association (AIMA) throughout the country.
How Should I Study for the PGDCM Entrance Exams?
The following are some of the most significant points to remember while studying for the PGD in Computer Management entrance exams:
- Syllabus: Participants must go over the program syllabus and make a list of all of the relevant subjects.
- Revision: Review all of the syllabus’s important subjects. Ensure you answer all of the questions pertaining to the relevant themes.
- Solve Prior Year’s Question Papers: Solve previous year’s question papers to familiarise yourself with the questions and to improve your speed, as the examination will be conducted online.
- Mock Test: Applicants can take the online sample test and complete it on the official website. It will improve your performance and effectiveness while also boosting your self-assurance.
Colleges for PGDCM
|Name of the Institute||Admission Process||Average Course Fee||Average Initial Salary|
|IBMR, Pune||Entrance-Based||INR 10,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Naralkar Institute of Career Development and Research, Pune||Entrance-Based||INR 15,000||INR 5,85,000|
|Indian Institute of Cost and Management Studies and Research (IndSearch), Pune||Entrance-Based||INR 38,000||INR 9,76,000|
|Neville Wadia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Pune||Entrance-Based||INR 20,000||INR10,00,000|
What is it About the PGD in Computer Management?
Here is a brief overview of the PGD Computer Management program to give students an understanding of what the topic entails: – Computer management is the process of manipulating information and files on a computer. The program equips students with a broad understanding of C, C++, the Internet, JAVA, and e-Commerce, among other topics. The course will equip students with specific expertise in the field of computer science.
The curriculum is set up in a way that allows students to improve their computer abilities and understanding while also broadening their knowledge of computer applications. The program provides students with specialized training in order for them to become IT experts in a short period of time.
The course is a computer science specialization that places a strong focus on interpersonal and technical abilities. Learners receive training in IT and application development in order to boost the value of these specialists in the IT business.
How do you get into a decent PGDCM college?
All students’ dream is to be accepted into a prestigious college. They must start preparing themselves sufficiently to pass the entrance exams and gain admission to the college. For the student’s convenience, the following suggestions have been provided:
- A good academic background is required for admission to any college. In order to be eligible for the PGD Computer Management programme, students must have completed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited university / institute.
- At the written test, they must get a minimal of 50% overall.
- Start studying for the qualifying examination a year ahead of time.
- Find out if the college you want to attend is a suitable fit for you.
- Get a glimpse of the program’s syllabus provided at that specific college.
- Verify to see if the university offers placements, as this has just become a necessity.
- Discover about the institution’s fee structure and see if it meets your criteria.
Why pursue a PGD in Computer Management?
Candidates must develop a knowledge of this topic for a variety of reasons in recent years. The following are some of the course’s benefits: The Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Management is a one-year diploma program that prepares students for professional in computer management. The curriculum teaches and gives students a thorough understanding of C, C++, the Internet, JAVA, and E-Commerce, among other topics.
The program has been intended to provide students with IT and web development training in order to boost the significance of these experts in the IT sector. With the steady rise of the IT sector, the output of successful IT specialists is also steadily expanding.
The program has been intended to provide students with IT and web development training in order to boost the significance of these experts in the IT sector. With the steady rise of IT organizations, the output of successful IT specialists is also steadily expanding.
Professional Advisors, Web developers, IT Experts, Website Designing, Web Designers, Software Developers, Systems Analysts, and other professions are all possibilities. These candidates’ beginning salaries typically range from INR 2,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per year.
What career opportunities and employment options are available after completing a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Management?
- PGD Computer Management is a fast – growing field in latest days. As a result, the requirement for professionals in this industry is growing. Individuals with specialist knowledge of the topic can find work in both the private and public sectors. Students of the programme begin their careers working in companies that are involved in the area of computer management.
- Qualified program student will be able to obtain attractive work prospects in their chosen field. Professionals can serve as consultants, health care professionals, the educational institutions, the pharmaceutical industries, the chemical industry, research firms, and many other places.
- Professional Advisors, Professional developers, IT Experts, Graphic Designers, Website Designers, Application Developers, Network Administrators, and other professions are all possibilities. These individuals’ beginning salaries typically range between INR 2,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per year. After finishing the PGDCM programme, applicants can expect to work in the below job descriptions:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Software Developer||Professional Advisors, Professional developers, IT Experts, Graphic Designers, Website Designers, Application Developers, Network Administrators, and other professions are all possibilities. These individuals’ beginning salaries typically range between INR 2,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per year. After finishing the PGDCM program, applicants can expect to work in the below job descriptions:||INR 4,00,000|
|Web Designer||A Web Designer’s job includes producing patterns and graphics for a client’s or colleague’s website or webpage in order to satisfy their demands and expectations.||INR 2,35,000|
|IT Consultant||For both internal and external applicants, an IT Consultant provides advice and technical assistance in the development and implementation of IT systems.||INR 11,00,000|
|System Analyst||Assessing and analyzing existing IT systems, as well as providing specifications for new and upgraded ones, is part of their job description. They also analyze IT networks, technology, and hardware for colleagues and clients in order to meet their needs and requirements.||INR 6,75,000|
Future Scope for PGDCM Course?
After completing the PGDCM degree, students have a variety of job opportunities. The following are the future prospects for PGDCM students: Following completion of their PGDCM course, students can pursue further and learning data as well as research opportunities. They have the following higher education options:
- MCA: If students choose to stay in every field of education, they can enrol in an MCA programme.
- MBA: A considerable proportion of PGDCM graduates choose to pursue a management career by enrolling in a PGDM or MBA programme. A nationwide entrance exam is used to determine enrollment. Having a Diploma and an MBA in a chosen field is tremendously useful, and many companies actively seek such individuals. Check out the best MBA and PGDM colleges in India.
- Competitive Exams: After completing this degree, students are eligible to take a range of competitive exam for public employment, such as UPSC CSE, IFS, and state PSCs.
FAQ’s for PGDCM Course
The program will offer you an advanced understanding of the field of computer science. Students receive training in IT and application design in order to boost the value of these specialists in the IT business. The curriculum is set up in a way that allows students to improve their computer abilities and understanding while also broadening their knowledge of computer applications.
A Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Management is a one-year diploma program in computer management. The manipulation of documents and data on a computer is referred to as computer management. A semester-based framework has been established for the program.
Aspirants must have finished a bachelor’s degree in any discipline to be considered for enrollment in this program. Candidates seeking admission to the program must have a minimum of a 50 percent aggregate on the undergraduate qualifying exam. A degree from a reputable university or college is required. Diploma holders must have their diplomas conferred by a Board of Technical Education of either State or the Government.
The typical first-year pay is INR 2,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 per year.
After finishing this course, students will be able to obtain attractive work prospects in fields such as hospitals, healthcare providers, the educational sector, the biotechnology industry, the chemical industry, research firms, and many more.