A two-year postgraduate management program is the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), also known as Business Intelligence Data Analysis (BIDA), is a two-year postgraduate management program. According to research conducted by the research firm, about 1.5 million additional analytical candidates will be required for different managerial posts. Organizations utilize an assortment of talents, technology, systems, and procedures to acquire statistical insight, which is known as “data analytics.” These findings can be used in decision-making in a wide range of functional areas and industries.
The discipline of management entails the examination and understanding of existing data in order to gain insight for future business strategy and goal strategy and execution. Business analytics aids in the optimization of operations, the increase of income by saving time and money, the improvement of customer relations, and the anticipation of future market trends, allowing for correct strategic decisions and business strategies. They share the same beliefs that business analytics provides training and information for developing abilities in developing future business plans and strategies based on accurate data analysis. The average annual salary for a business analyst ranges from Rs. 8 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Eligiblity for PGDM in Business Analytics
- Candidates should have a minimum of a three-year graduate degree with a minimal of 50% marks obtained from an AIU/AICTE-accredited institution.
- Candidates who have been in the midst of the final exams are eligible as long as they retain a minimum of 50% aggregate at the time of graduation.
- Any student with a bachelor’s degree can start a career in business analytics. A Science or Commerce background, on the other hand, is generally more beneficial because it gives a link to mathematics and statistics, which are both used in Business Analytics.
Admission Process in PGDM Business Analytics
Enrollment to PGDM Business Analytics programs is through the common aptitude exam (CAT), which is administered by prestigious institutions such as the Indian Institutes of Management. XAT, MAT, GMAT, NMAT, and other entrance exams are also accepted. Potential candidates are chosen for individual interviews or group talks based on their exam results on the applicable exams. Students are admitted to the course after passing all of the rounds. The standard admission method for PGDM Business Analytics is described here.
- Web Registration: Visit the relevant institution’s website and navigate to the online applications website. Set up an account by entering information such as your email address, phone number, and password. There will be a number assig-ned to you.
- Fill in the application form with the right information. In most situations, you’ll must choose your intended course in the application form as well. Make sure you choose Business Analytics as your preferred specialisation properly.
- Documentation Sumit: According to the requirements, upload scanned documentation, images, and signatures.
- Registration Payment: Submit the application form using a credit card, debit card, or net banking in the proper way.
- Download and save: Save the registration form when you’ve downloaded it. A hard copy of the same, as well as a copy of the payment receipt, should be kept.
- Interview Sessions and Group Discussions: After that, the shortlisted applicants may be required to participate in group discussions and personal interviews. In group talks, a group of students will be provided common topics on which to express their individual opinions. The personal interview round involves questions about hobbies, interests, and academics.
Course Overview of PGDM in Business Analytics
Even ten years ago, the workplace world was completely different than it is today. What started as digital advertising, online payments, and communications systems ten years ago has now come to a close. Data collected over the previous 10 – 20 years became a valuable resource for providing a good service.
Postgraduate Diploma in Management in Business Analytics is the main module of PGDM Business Analytics. The course will take two years to complete. This course requires a Bachelor’s degree from any discipline. Enrollment to the PGDM business analytics program is merit-based as well as state or national entrance exams.CAT, MAT, SNAP, NMAT, GMAT, XAT, and other popular entrance exams include the CAT, MAT, SNAP, NMAT, GMAT, and XAT. The fees for PGDM in Business Analytics range from INR 1- 10 lakh per year. Amazon, HCL, Wipro, JSW Steel, IBM, Dell, and others are among the top employers. The average yearly pay for a PGDM Business Analytics is between INR 5- 12 lakh.
What is PGDM Business Analytics?
The All India Council of Technical Education and the Association of Indian Universities both recognize colleges that provide the PGDM Business Analytics program. The PGDM degree is equivalent to an MBA degree in the latter situation. The following are the main subjects to consider as you learn more about the curriculum:
Companies use a set of talent, resources, systems, and procedures called PGDM Business Analytics to gain data-driven insights. These outcomes of the course can be used to assist decision-making in areas such as finance, marketing, and management. Someone engaged in the creation, development, tracking, and measurement of the performance of a data analysis strategy should pursue a PGDM in Business Analytics. The program is based on analytics as a combination of arts, science, and technology, and how it has evolved into one of the world’s most valuable aspects of technology.
The course was created by working executives and experts in the field. Its goal is to keep everything from the basics to the most advanced areas of business analytics. It is designed for skill-building training, thus most ideas will be connected to hands-on training, with detailed and comprehensive using mock datasets and actual data sets.
Aside from learning theory, the course requires students to visit multiple markets. The major objective is to improve graduates’ overall growth in order to prepare them to be world-class leaders and business executives.
Why Should One Pursue PGDM in Business Analytics?
Technology is pervasive in today’s world, infiltrating many fields and industries. With the use of technology, information must be gathered, processed, organized, and stored. This falls under the category of business analytics. As a result, it is currently one of the most popular courses among learners. A career in business analytics can be very lucrative and has a lot of potentials. Here are some reasons why you should focus on business analytics:
- Accessibility: PGDM Business Analytics is needed in a variety of businesses and areas. It covers everything from top multinational corporations to the hospitality and entertainment industries. With this as your expertise, it is significantly easier to transition and shift between professions. Because the qualification is so broad and far-reaching, previous experience and professional background are not limiting factors.
- An Evolving Profession: This profession allows for career advancement during one’s career. The nature of the position necessitates staying current with many agencies and industries, which would be a lifelong learning exercise.
- Students with this degree are introduced to major employers such as Amazon, JSW Steel, HCL, HP, Dell, Flipkart, Godrej, IBM, Hitachi, and others. Such organizations not only offer competitive starting salaries, but they also acknowledge their staff.
- Good Salary: Individuals with a PGDM in Business Analytics can quickly find high-paying work in the commercial or public sectors. These graduates can expect to earn between Rs. five and ten LPA on average.
Who really should consider pursuing a PGDM in Business Analytics?
The job of PGDM Business Analyst is suitable for both freshers and experienced workers.
Individuals with an analytical mindset from any educational background who would like to create a worthwhile profession out of the PGDM Business Analytics Course are most prepared to do so.
Experts that undertake business analysis on a daily basis, such as admins, executives, and project leads.
The program is for candidates who have an understanding of the research process, are skilled with numbers, and want to improve their skills at analytics. People are interested in working in analytics and seeing science and technology firsthand. Individuals with a passion for statistics, analysis, and reasoning who are highly interested in processing and logistics
What should you do for the PGDM Business Analytics course?
Anybody related to the planning, implementing, tracking, and evaluating the performance of Data Management strategy – or anybody else wishing to acquire new technical skills and build a career in this exciting field of business analysis – must choose the Professional Diploma in Business Analytics. As job duties become more complicated, the curriculum is appropriate for employees of all skills and specializations. Functionality is a common occurrence when working on projects with small groups. In such a case, a thorough understanding of data analysis methodologies, as well as their application, is essential. People who participated will also explore how to apply these tactics to their businesses and careers to gain sustainable competitive advantage.
Continuous improvements in technology and innovation strategies have propelled analytics to new heights. The PGDM Business Analytics education prepares students with a framework to stay up to date with industry norms. Recent grads can pursue a PGDM in Business Analytics after earning their bachelor’s degree. The PGDM Business Analytics program is extremely rewarding. The course has a large number of applicants. As a result, the degree comes at a considerable price. Before enrolling in the course, ensure that you are stable financially.
Advantages of Pursuing PGDM Business Analytics Program
PGDM Business Analytics is a specialized program that is getting a lot of traction among students who are seeking business as a career after graduation. Throughout its program, the PGDM Business Analytics includes students at the cutting edge of technological breakthroughs all around the world. The following are some of the advantages of enrolling in the PGDM Business Analytics program:
- Innovation has now become a vital element in virtually every sector on the planet. PGDM Business Analytics is a popular program, especially in today’s competitive environment.
- Information is the new industry, according to the future prospects. As per experts, it is the foundation of everything, and the function of business analytics is to use data to create business decisions.
- PGDM Business Analytics is a unique programme compared to certain other management programmes. It has a wide range of applications and is concerned with technology, data, analysis, and evaluation.
- Depending upon the nature of modern companies, PGDM Business Analytics specialists are in high demand all over the world. As technical developments take place around the world, the field is rapidly expanding.
Entrance Exams for PGDM in Business Analytics
To be admitted to a PGDM Business Analytics program, you must take an admissions test and meet the institution or college’s cutoff. Individuals should find out which admissions exams the colleges they want to apply to accept and take them. Additional PGDM Business Analytics Standardized Tests include the following:
- CAT : This is an online version of the Common Aptitude Test. The majority of corporate institutions, including IITs and IIMs, recognize it.
- MAT: Four times a year, the Management Aptitude Test is administered. It is available in both offline and online formats. It is accepted by NSHM Knowledge Campus, PIET, and other higher education institutions.
- NMAT The Graduate Management Aptitude Council administers the NMAT. It’s a 75-day virtual exam that takes place between October and December.
- CMAT: The National Testing Agency administers the Common Management Admission Test, a three-hour internet exam. It is accepted by institutions such as the Great Lakes Institute, IIMR Indore, and many others.
- XAT : For over 60 years, it has been organised by XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of XAMI. It’s an aptitude test that’s taken at the national level.
Syllabus for PGDM in Business in Analytics
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Quantitative Methods||Financial Management|
|Managerial Economics||Operations Management|
|Management Information Systems||Human Resource Management|
|Financial Accounting||Financial Analytics|
|Marketing Management||Optimization Analytics|
|Organisational Behaviour||Stochastic Modeling|
|Statistical Analysis||Business Intelligence|
|Data Modelling||Research Methods|
|Managerial Communication||Computational Methods|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|Predictive Analytics||Strategic Management|
|Risk Management||Operations & Supply Chain Analytics|
|Marketing Analysis||HR Analytics|
|Data Mining||Big Data Analytics|
|Simulation Modeling||Ethical & Legal Aspects of Analytics|
|Analytics,Systems Analysis & Design||Project Management|
|Industry Internship Programme||Professional Development|
|Analytics Capstone Project||Elective Paper|
Best Colleges in PGDM Business Analytics
The best PGDM Business Analytics institutes in key major Indian cities are listed here, together with their fee structures. The following are among India’s best PGDM Business Analytics academic institutions:
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||INR 8,50,000|
|Welingkar Institute of Management||INR 1,10,0000|
|IFIM Business School||INR 8,00,000|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management||INR 5,84,000|
|ITM Business School||INR 4,95,000|
|Indus Business Academy||INR 4,31,000|
|Gitam School Of International Business||INR 3,00,000|
|Jagannath International Management School||INR 3,60,000|
|NIT Trichy||INR 14,01,520|
|Lovely Professional University||INR 3,04,000|
Distance Learning Course in PGDM Business Analytics
The PGDM Business Analytics Online Educational Program is a two-year postgraduate management correspondence program. For many reasons, online PGDM Business Analytics is a beneficial study option for those who are unable to pursue a traditional PGDM Business Analytics program. The following are some of the most common points about online PGDM Business Analytics Eligibility:
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject is required.
- Obtaining a cumulative grade point average of 50 percent in 10+2 and graduate
- Passing grades in admission tests.
Best College for Distance Learning in PGDM Business Analytics Distance
The higher education institutions that provide PGDM Business Analytics via correspondence courses, as well as their fees, are listed below.
|Venkateswara University, Pune||1,40,000|
|Dr. DY Patil School of Open and Distance learning||76,000|
|Venkateswara University, Itanagar||24,000- 84,000|
Career Scope in PGDM Business Analytics
A business analyst’s job entails using managerial, financial, business, operations research, and supply expertise to solve organizational problems utilizing numerous data analytics techniques. The most significant aspect of the work is to recommend upcoming company activities based on real data and advanced analytics. As organizations adopt more scientific approaches to using the information to generate business decisions, business analysts are in great demand. As a result, the business analysis provides lucrative employment and income. According to the average salary, the typical starting salary for a business analyst is Rs. 10 lakh and upwards.
|Job Position||Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Data Scientist||Examining data with data analysis tools is one of the responsibilities. By finding distinct facts and trends, the useful results they extract from raw data assist either companies or clients in making vital decisions.||INR 7 LPA|
|Market Research Analyst||Planning and managing effective sales trends, analyzing the success of marketing programs and initiatives, and creating and evaluating data collection tools such as assessments, surveys, and polling data are all part of the job description.||INR 8 LPA|
|HealthCare Analyst||Evaluation of medical information to strengthen the commercial side of medicine and healthcare institutions, providing status reports, implementing document procedures, and evaluating data from various sources are some of the duties.||INR 6.5 LPA|
|Quantitative Analyst||Maintaining and developing economic information, integrating and sharing information with actuaries in other locations, optimizing code, and following the team’s best practices are just a few of the tasks.||INR 13 LPA|
|Computer System Analysts||Ensure that almost all systems within an organization support organizational goals, determine the advantages and disadvantages of current systems, and identify areas for development are among the tasks.||INR 6 LPA|
Top Hiring Companies for PGDM in Business Analytics
Given living in a fast, super business world, each small- and large-scale company has realized the value of business analysts in increasing output and profit. Several data scientists companies provide solutions to other businesses through their experience in business analytics and business intelligence. The following are some of the most well-known businesses:
|Fractal Analytics||Cartesian Consulting|
|Crayon Data||Tiger Analytics|
|Global Analytics||Exl Analytics|
Salary for PGDM Business Analytics
The salaries of PGDM Business Analytics experts are determined by the qualifications and abilities they have accumulated through time. The salary is also heavily influenced by the work function and duties. The following are among the career paths and their annual pay:
|Job Role||Average Salary(INR)|
Future Scope for PGDM in Business Analytics
In every organization, PGDM Business Analytics jobs in Delhi, Maharashtra, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Gurgaon have shown significant growth and are rewarding. Business analysts are now employed by a variety of industries, including the software industry, the financial markets, banks, and other financial companies. Business analytics is becoming more popular in India and around the world. Although, after successfully completing this course effectively, one can pursue a higher degree. In that situation, M.Phil. or Ph.D. management courses are the most common ones.
A higher level in the same field would not only make a person more professional, but it will also make them comprehend the subject better. The majority of businesses rely on computation-based The function of business analytics is integrated with business intelligence, which also plays an essential role in an organization’s information security systems. As a result, this contributes to the great career of PGDM Business Analytics.
FAQ’s for PGDM in Business Analytics
The postgraduate degrees of PGDM Business Analytics and MBA Business Analytics both are in the management field. The major difference is that the MBA Business Analytics program is much more functional than the PGDM Business Analytics program. There is also a variance in course fees.
NMAT is a national MBA entrance exam that leads to PGDM admissions in prominent PGDM institutes such as NMIMS Mumbai, ITM Business School, and others in 2022. The Graduate Management Admission Council now administers the test, which was previously administered by the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.
Maharashtra is home to some of the most prestigious colleges in this subject. NMIMS, Welingkar Institute of Management, and ITM Business School are among them. In Maharashtra, look for a PGDM Business Analytics college.
Management, Global Business, Economics, Supply Network Leadership & Operations, and many other specialties are available through PGDM.
You should have a good educational background (great marks and standardized tests), exceptional reasoning capacity, the potential to engage in high-quality research, and a high level of ambition and desire to become a student in this program, in addition to meeting the prerequisite.
You can still apply if you took CAT over the last three years. Additionally, you can enroll using other exams such as the XAT, MAT, NMAT, or GMAT.