The Postgraduate Diploma in Management Business Analytics (PGDM Business Analytics) is a two-year management postgraduate program.Business analysis can be described as the use of data analytics and company information to analyze a group of statistics in order to develop future corporate strategies. It is offered as a Post-Graduation Diploma specialization.
This discipline of management entails the examination and analysis of current data in order to gain information for the future corporate overall strategy planning and execution. Data analysis, diagnostic analytics, prescriptive modelling, and prescriptive analytics are the four forms of business analytics. These aid in the optimization of operations, the increase of income by reducing operational costs, the improvement of customer relations, and the forecasting market trends, allowing for right and effective development and business strategies.
Within the next ten years, jobs in data analytics are expected to expand at a rate of 11%, substantially quicker than normal for all industries. As firms seek to pursue ways to boost performance and reduce costs, a market for these individuals’ abilities is projected. After passing the relevant exams, admissions to top PGDM business analytics institutes such as NMIMS, IFIM Business School, and Welingkar Institute of Management are usually granted. This program costs between INR 1 and 10 LPA on average. Students can expect to earn roughly INR 10-15 LPA after successfully finishing the program.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Eligibility Criteria for PGDM in Business Analytics
The following requirements for admission to the PGDM Business Analytics programme:
- Candidates should have a minimum of a three-year bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks obtained from an AIU/AICTE-accredited university.
- Candidates who are in the midst of their final examinations are eligible to apply as long as they retain a minimum of 50% cumulative at the time of graduation.
- Each student with a bachelor’s degree can consider a career in business analytics. A Science or Commerce background, on the other hand, is often more beneficial because it gives a link to math and statistics, which are both used in Business Analytics.
Admissions Process for PGDM Business Analytics
Enrollment to PGDM Business Analytics programmes is through the common aptitude exam (CAT), which is administered by prestigious institutions such as Indian Institutes of Management. XAT, MAT, GMAT, NMAT, and other entry requirements are also allowed. Students are chosen for individual interviews or group discussions based on their exam scores on the applicable exams.
Candidates are admitted to the course after passing all of the rounds. The typical admission method for PGDM Business Analytics is outlined here.v
- Online Enrollment: Visit the relevant institution’s website and navigate to the online admissions website. Set up an account by entering information such as your email address, phone number, and password. There will be a number assigned to your registration.
- Complete in the registration form with the right information. In most situations, you’ll have to choose your intended course in the registration form as well. Make sure you choose Business Analytics as your preferred specialisation carefully.
- Document Submit: As per the requirements, submit scanned documentation, images, and signatures.
- Registration Fees: Make the payment using a credit card, debit card, or net banking in the proper way.
- Save and Download: Save and download the application form. A hard copy of the same application form, as well as a copy of the payment receipt, should be kept.
- Group Discussions and Individual Interviews: After that, the shortlisted applicants may be required to participate in group discussions and individual interviews. In group discussions, a group of candidates will be provided common topics on which to express their thoughts and opinions. The interview method round includes questions about hobbies, interests, and academics.
Course Overview for PGDM in Business Analytics
The PG Program in Business Analytics is a master’s degree programme for anyone seeking a career in business analytics. The programme, course syllabus, entrance information and method, fee structure, term, delivery modes, entry requirements, career and work aspects, as well as the many rewards of finishing this program are all covered in this section. All of the major international corporations are looking for persons with skills in information science and business analytics.
As a result, the PG Degree in Business Analytics is spreading like wildfire across the educational landscape. It provides an students with virtually limitless opportunities in the realm of business analytics. It has a big effect on learners and businesses all around the world. This curriculum has risen to the top of recent statistics and offers a seamless blend of traditional management programmes with a dash of analytics.
The curriculum is provided in both a weekend classroom setting and an online learning environment. As a result, any working folks who are apprehensive to pursue a Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics as a vocation should not be concerned. They can work and continue their education at same time.
What is About PGDM Business Analytics?
The All India Council of Technical Education or the Association of Indian Universities both certify colleges that provide the PGDM Business Analytics programme. The PGDM degree is identical to an MBA degree in the latter situation. The following are some important aspects to consider as you learn more about the curriculum:
- Businesses use a set of skills, technology, platforms, and procedures called PGDM Business Analysis to understand data-driven ideas.
- The outcomes of the course can be used to aid decision-making in areas of finance, branding, and management.
- Someone engaged in the creation, execution, management, and measurement of the performance of a Big Data approach should pursue a PGDM Business Analytics.
- The program is based on Analytics as a combination of arts, science, and innovation, and how it has evolved into one of the world’s most popular innovations and advancements.
- Aside from learning theory, the program required students to visit numerous markets.
- The main focus is on students’ overall growth in order to prepare them to be global leaders and corporate leaders.
What is the Need to Pursue PGDM Business Analytics?
Automation is pervasive in today’s world, infiltrating many fields and industries. With the help of technology, data must be gathered, processed, categorised, and organised. This falls into the category of Business Analytics. As a result, it is currently one of the most popular specialization among graduates. A profession in business analytics can be very rewarding and has a lot of potential. Here are a few advantages why you should specialise in Business Analytics:
- Flexibility: PGDM Business Analytics is needed in a variety of businesses and areas. It covers everything from top multinational corporations to the tourism and media industries. On this as your specialisation, it is significantly easier to shift and adjust between sectors. Because the degree is so broad and far-reaching, previous training and good experience are not a limiting factor.
- A Vibrant Profession: This occupation allows for career advancement throughout one’s career. The structure of the position necessitates staying current with many departments and industries, which is a lifelong learning exercise.
- Students with this specialization are introduced to major employers such as Amazon, JSW Steel, HCL, HP, Dell, Flipkart, GODREJ, IBM, Hitachi, and others. These organizations not only offer higher base salaries, but they also recognise their staff.
- Good Salary: Individuals with a PGDM in Business Analytics can easily find high-paying work in the commercial or public sectors. These graduates can expect to earn between INR 5 and 10 LPA on average.
Who must consider pursuing a PGDM in Business Analytics?
- The job of PGDM Business Analyst is suitable for both beginners and advanced individuals.
- Individuals with an analytical mindset from any academic background who would like to create a worthwhile career out of the PGDM Business Analytics Program are most prepared to do so.
- People that undertake business analysis on a frequent basis, such as administration, managers, and project leads.
- The program is for those who have an analytical mindset and are skilled with numbers and want to try their hand at analytics.
- Individuals interested in working as analysts and seeing technological advancement firsthand.
- Learners with a passion for statistics, analysis, and decision-making who might be interested in information mining and warehouses.
When should you do the PGDM Business Analytics course?
Recent advancements in business and technological strategies have propelled Analytics to new heights. The PGDM Business Analytics programme will help with a foundation to stay up to date with industry norms.
- Recent graduates can pursue a PGDM in Business Analytics after earning their bachelor’s degree.
- The PGDM Business Analytics programme is incredibly satisfying. This curriculum has a large number of applicants. As a result, the degree comes at a considerable price. Before enrolling in the program, keep in mind you are stable financially.
Advantages of Pursuing PGDM Business Analytics Course
PGDM Business Analytics is a business programme that is getting a lot of traction between candidates who want to pursue administration as a professional career. Only through programme, the PGDM Business Analytics allows students at the cutting edge of technological breakthroughs around the industry. The following are some of the advantages of enrolling in the PGDM Business Analytics programme:
- Innovation seems to have become a vital element of virtually every sector on the planet. PGDM Business Analytics is a popular curriculum, especially in today’s competitive business environment.
- Upcoming Perspectives: The new trend is data. As per experts, it is the future of almost everything, and the function of Business Analytics is to use data to make strategic decisions.
- PGDM Business Analytics is a unique programme compared to other management programmes. It has a wide range of applications and is concerned with technology, data, research, and selection.
- Career Opportunities: Given modern business tactics, PGDM Business Analytics experts are in growing market all over the world. As technical developments take place all around the world, the industry is quickly expanding.
Skill you Learn
Machine learning expertise Computer-assisted learning Expertise in data sorting and data mining, as well as python. The following are the major abilities you will master after finishing the PG Course in Business Intelligence:
- Simple standard variation, mean, and median estimates aid in the visualisation and identification of existing data.
- Data processing and data gathering are critical elements of any business’s judgement process. Related software aids in the effective management of statistical information.
- Proficiency in linear programming: Aids in the simplification of complications and the early detection of difficulties.
- Analyzing Expertise: This equips a person with forecast, descriptive, and observational analysis skills. Helps in developing suggestions for successful success.
- Subject Understanding: Offers business intelligence as well as internet and centralized data services. It gives you safety assessment and risk governance skills.
- Improve visualization abilities with AI and machine learning, cloud, SAP, SAS, Python, and R specialisations, as well as their implementations.
Syllabus for PGDM in Business Analytics
A table of the PGDM Business Analytics syllabus for each semester is provided below.
|Module 1||Module 2|
|Management Functions & OB||Operations Management|
|Business Statistics||Human Resource Management|
|Managerial Economics||Marketing Management|
|Introduction to IT Systems||Research Methodology|
|Business Communication||Financial Management|
|Financial Accounting||Economics and Social Environment|
|Module 3||Module 4|
|Introduction to Big Data||Business Law|
|Data Analytics Using R||International Business|
|Data Analytics Using SAS||Entrepreneurial Management|
|Advanced Analytics using R||Enterprise Systems|
|Applied Statistics||Management Accounting|
|Study Development||Corporate Governance|
|Case Business Simulation||Project Work|
Distance Learning in PGDM Business Analytics
The PGDM Business Analytics Distance Education programme is a two-year postgraduate management correspondence programme. Online PGDM Business Analytics is a beneficial learning alternative for those who are unable to pursue a traditional PGDM Business Analytics due to various of factors. The following are some of the most typical points about Distance PGDM Business Intelligence Eligibility:
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject is required.
- Obtaining a total of 50% in 10+2 and degree passing grades in entrance examinations.
Best Colleges for PGDM Business Analytics Distance
The best universities that provide PGDM Business Analytics via correspondence courses, as well as their fees, are listed here.
|Venkateswara University, Pune||1,40,000|
|Dr. DY Patil School of Open and Distance learning||76,000|
|Venkateswara University, Itanagar||24,000- 84,000|
Top Colleges for PGDM Business Analytics
The top PGDM Business Analytics Colleges in key cities across India are listed here, together with their pricing structures :
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||INR 8,50,000|
|Welingkar Institute of Management||INR 1,10,0000|
|IFIM Business School||INR 8,00,000|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management||INR 5,84,000|
|ITM Business School||INR 4,95,000|
|Indus Business Academy||INR 4,31,000|
|Gitam School Of International Business||INR 3,00,000|
|Jagannath International Management School||INR 3,60,000|
|NIT Trichy||INR 14,01,520|
|Lovely Professional University||INR 3,04,000|
Career Scope in PGDM Business Analytics
PGDM Business Analytics provides a range of applications and professions across sectors. There seem to be countless opportunities in a variety of industries, including finance, retail, banking, insurance, healthcare, automobiles, and so on. You can work with some of the more complex fields of analytics, such as machine organising, artificial intelligence, and more, depending on your abilities and expertise. According to the talent and organisation, the average salary range for a newcomer is INR 5-6 lakh per year. The typical pay scale goes to 7-10 lakh per annum after two years. Maintaining consistency in the industry might enable a person make more than INR 10 LPA.
Top Job Roles in PGDM Business Analytics
The following table lists one of most common PGDM Business Analytics positions, along with job descriptions and average annual salaries.
|Job Position||Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Data Scientist||Examining data with data analysis tools is one of the duties. By finding distinct facts and trends, the useful results they extract from raw data assist their companies or customers in making vital decisions.||INR 7 LPA|
|Market Research Analyst||Monitoring and management marketing and sales trends, analysing the success of marketing programmes and initiatives, and creating and assessing data collection tools such as assessments, surveys, and polling data are all part of the job description.||INR 8 LPA|
|HealthCare Analyst||Evaluation of medical data to improve the commercial side of hospitals and medical institutions, providing status reports, implementing document procedures, and evaluating information from diverse sources are some of the duties.||INR 6.5 LPA|
|Quantitative Analyst||Maintaining and improving price analytics, organizing and exchanging ideas with data scientists in other places, optimising code, and following to the team’s biggest practises are all part of the job description.||INR 13 LPA|
|Computer System Analysts||Ensure that all computer networks within an organisation support organisational goals, determine the advantages and disadvantages of current programs, and recommend areas for development are among the tasks.||INR 6 LPA|
Top Hiring Comapnies for PGDM in Business Analytics
Because of technical improvements and a worldwide supply network, PGDM Business Analytics specialists are hired across industries. The following are some of the top employers in the PGDM Business Analytics field:
Salary for PGDM Business Analytics
The compensation of PGDM Business Analytics experts is determined by the skills and experience they have accumulated through time. The salary is also heavily influenced by the work function and duties. The following are among the job positions and their average earnings.:
|Job Role||Average Salary(INR)|
What after PGDM Business Analytics?
Across every firm, PGDM Business Analytics jobs in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, and Delhi having made significant growth and are rewarding. Business analysts are now employed by a variety of industries, including the software industry, the equity markets, banks, and other financial institutions. Business analytics is becoming more popular in India and around the world.
Nonetheless, after finishing the program satisfactorily, one can pursue a higher degree. In that situation, M.Phil. or Ph.D. professional skills are the most popular options. A higher degree in a same field would not only make a person more skilled, but it will also help them comprehend the particular subject. The majority of businesses rely on data-driven research. The role of business analytics is integrated with data analytics, which will play an essential role in an association’s data security devices. As a result, this contributes to the flourishing and great career in PGDM Business Analytics.
FAQ’s for PGDM in Business Analytics
The postgraduate degrees of PGDM Business Analytics and MBA Business Analytics are both in the management area. The major difference is that the MBA Business Analytics programme is more functional than the PGDM Business Analytics programme. There is also a variance in college fees.
Marketing, International Business, Finance, Logistics-Supply Chain Management & Operations, and many other specialities are available through the PGDM programme.
To be eligible for this PG Program in Business Analytics, you must have completed your undergraduate studies with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in your discipline. In addition, you must have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
The PG Program in Business Analytics equips students with a wide range of abilities and in-depth expertise in the field of business analytics. It enables you to become proficient in programming languages like Python, R, and SAS. This course will assist you in obtaining decent job opportunities in the analytical field.
Yes, financial assistance is given because there are numerous financial partners who offer educational loans to students. It is not a problem if you are experiencing financial difficulties. You can also fill out a scholarship online application to apply for the scholarship.
Absolutely, you can finish the PG Programme in Business Analytics while still working. Both classroom and online versions of the course are available. Courses are only held on Saturdays and Sundays.
The following requirements for admission to the PGDM Business Analytics programme: