Physiotherapist programmes are a type of paramedical curriculum that prepares students to treat patients in order to recover their movement, functional ability, and overall health. A physiotherapist helps mentally disabled persons to improve their recovery, injury prevention, and overall health and fitness. Physiotherapy courses are essential in a variety of fields, including defense, sports, fitness institutions, rehabilitation facilities, and many more.
After passing the 12th exam, students can enroll in a variety of physiotherapy courses. The programs are conducted at many levels, including Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate. Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy (BSc Physiotherapy), Diploma in Physiotherapy, and other physiotherapy degrees are commonly followed by applicants at the undergraduate level.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that every 10,000 individuals have access to a physiotherapist. In India, is from the other hand, there are just about 5000 licensed physiotherapists. As a reason, India is short 95,000 physiotherapists, as required by the World Health Organization. The average salary varies from INR 3,00,000 to 8,50,000 LPA after finishing a physiotherapy study.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Eligibility Criteria for Physiotherapy Courses
The requirements for physiotherapy eligibility differ from one institution to the next.
- All UG and PG candidates should pass the 10+2 test. However, certain institutions may not require it.
- To qualify for a PG Diploma, you must have finished your undergraduate studies.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a paramedical science that studies how the body’s various neurological, musculoskeletal, and other systems operate. Physiotherapy encompasses examination, diagnosis, treatment, counselling, and education in cases of mobility dysfunction, bodily dysfunction, physical issues, handicap, and healing and restoration from any neurological illness, as well as after surgical intervention therapy for faster recovery.
Physiotherapy programmes train students for careers as healthcare professionals with expertise in the management of chronic gentle and bone illnesses. They aid in the maintenance, enhancement, or restoration of physical strength, function, and mobility.
Popular Physiotherapy Programs include:
|Course Name||Type of Course||Fees|
|MPT||2||INR 2,00,000 – 7,00,000|
|MSc in Physiotherapy||2||INR 35,000 – 2,50,000|
|Master of Physiotherapy||2||INR 30,000 – 5,00,000|
|MD in Physiotherapy||3||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000|
|PGD in Sports an dPhysiotherapy||2||INR 2,00,000 – 7,00,000|
Why Pursue Physiotherapy Courses?
High Demand: Physical therapists are needed in every hospital and health care facility to assist patients in fully recovering from surgical operations and returning to their everyday lives. Physiotherapists, on the other hand, are crucial in sports since they assist athletes in recovering from injuries.
- Job Growth: A career as a physical therapist provides prospects for rapid salary growth in a short period of time.
- Possibilities are plentiful: Candidates can find work in a variety of industries after completing the courses, including defence medical establishments, fitness centres, orthopaedic departments, handicapped rehabilitation centres, and so on.
Types of Physiotherapy Courses
Physiotherapy programmes are accessible at several educational levels, including certificate, diploma, undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees. Students can pick from a variety of courses based on their educational background and financial resources.
Certificate in Physiotherapy Courses
Both online and offline versions of the certified physiotherapy courses are offered. The course’s short duration makes it immensely popular among undergraduates.
- The duration of physiotherapy classes might range from a few hours to a year.
- The Certificate in Physiotherapy To be eligible for this course, students must have finished their 12th grade or similar in science.
- In some cases, students who have finished tenth grade may be eligible for the course.
- Applicants must be 17 years old or older.
- For several certificate programmes, proof of work experience is required.
- A certificate programme typically costs between INR 2000 and INR 5,000.
- The typical compensation ranges from INR 300,000 to INR 600,000 after finishing physiotherapy programmes.
Here are several certificate-level physiotherapy programmes and their typical prices.
|Course Names||Course Fees||Course Duration|
|Certificate in Physiotherapy||INR 1,150-INR 128,000||6 months|
|Certificate course in Physiotherapy Assistants||INR 15,000||3 Months|
|Certificate course in Physiotherapy and Yoga Therapy||–||1 Year|
|Managing Your Health: The Role of Physical Therapy and Exercise||Free (Paid Certificate available)||6 weeks|
|Certificate in Back Pain – Physiotherapy, Yoga, and a Full Understanding||INR 490||3 Hours|
|The Science of Training Young Athletes||Free (Paid version available with Coursera Subscription)||13 Hours|
|Certificate in Neuromuscular Disease||INR 4400||3 Months|
|Certificate in Spinal Pain Management||INR 4610||3 Months|
Diploma in Physiotherapy Courses
Physiotherapy courses at the diploma and post-diploma levels have varying entry requirements. After completing the 12th grade, students can continue with a diploma in physiotherapy, while PG diploma level physiotherapy evaluation leads to a bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree physiotherapy courses at the diploma level deal with specialized information and are incredibly fast. The Diploma in Physiotherapy Course eligibility criteria is that the candidates must have passed their 10+2 level examination with a minimum score of 50% in science.
- Physiotherapy diploma courses last two years, while PG diploma level courses last one year.
- These physiotherapy programmes are ideal for students who want to start working right after graduating from high school.
- Admission to both divisions of physiotherapy programmes is based on merit. INR 550,000 is the average beginning pay.
Several of the diploma-level physiotherapy programmes and their average prices are shown below.
|Courses Names||Average Fees||Duration|
|Diploma in Physiotherapy||INR 10,000 – 5,00,000||2 Years|
|Diploma in Physiotherapy Technician||–||2 Years|
|PG Diploma in Physiotherapy Education||INR 73,200||1 Year|
|PG Diploma in Sports Physiotherapy||–||1 Year|
UG in Physiotherapy Courses
- Bachelor in Physiotherapy, BSc in Physiotherapy, and other undergraduate-level physiotherapy degrees are offered in India.
- Students must be at least 17 years old to meet the bachelor’s program’s eligibility requirements.
- Students for the Bachelor in Physiotherapy Course must have completed their 12th grade with a minimum of 50% in the scientific stream. Physics, chemistry, and biology must be taken as mandatory topics by the students.
- Admission is determined by a merit list or an entrance exam. IPU CET, BCECE, IEMJEE, VEE, and other top admission tests
- Individuals with a bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy have more prospects for advancement. After completing the course, applicants will be able to find work in a variety of government and private hospitals.
- Applicants can expect to earn between INR 2,000 and INR 8,000 on average.
Here are some of the most popular physiotherapy courses at the undergraduate level, along with their descriptions:
|Courses Names||Average Fees||Duration|
|Bachelors in Physiotherapy||INR 1,00,000 -5,00,000||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy||INR 1,00,000 -5,00,000||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant||INR 1,00,000 – 4,00,000||3 Years|
|Bachelor in Rehabilitation Therapy||–||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Occupational Therapy||INR 4,00,000||3-5 Years|
PG in Physiotherapy Courses
|Courses Names||Average Fees||Duration|
|Masters in Physiotherapy||INR 1,50,000-INR 7,00,000||2 Years|
|MPT Cardiorespiratory Course||INR 20,000-2,00,000||2 Years|
|MPT Neurology Course||INR 30,000-INR 2,00,000||2 Years|
|MPT Sports Physiotherapy||INR 40,000-INR 2,00,000||2 Years|
|Master of Physiotherapy in Urology and Obstetrics||INR 70,000- INR 694,000||2 Years|
|Master of Physiotherapy in Pediatrics||INR 90,000-INR 4,00,000||2 Years|
|Master of Physiotherapy in Neurology||INR 30,000-INR 2,00,000||2 Years|
|Master of Physiotherapy in Neuro-Physiotherapy||–||2 Years|
|Master of Physiotherapy in Musculoskeletal||INR 250,000||2 Years|
|Master of Physiotherapy in Hand Conditions||INR 100,000-INR 2,00,000||2 Years|
|Master of Physiotherapy in Community Physiotherapy||–||2 Years|
Doctorate in Physiotherapy Course
Students having a master’s degree in physiotherapy attend doctorate programs in physiotherapy.
- The doctoral physiotherapy programme lasts between 3–5 years.
Teachers and lecturers at universities are the most common work options for someone with a Ph.D. in Physiotherapy.
The UGC NET test, NIPER Ph.D. Admissions Test, AIMA Entrance Exam, and others are examples of entrance exams.
Here is the detail of the course
|Course Name||Average Fees||Duration|
|Ph.D. in Physiotherapy||INR 5,000 – 6,00,000||3-5 Years|
Skills Required to Pursue Physiotherapy
A physiotherapist should have various other talents in addition to designing therapy and recovery sessions for various patients. These skills not only strengthen their competencies but also allow them to advance their career alternatives. Regardless of experience or job description, a physiotherapist should have the essential knowledge and skills that they can offer while taking physiotherapy programs.
- A physiotherapist deals with a lot of patients who are recovering from significant injuries or who have severe physical deformities. The physiotherapist must be able to guide patients through the therapy process in a way that makes them feel at ease. A persuasive tone would encourage the patient to attend the required therapy sessions and speed up his or her treatment.
- Following up on the preceding skill, a physiotherapist must be able to communicate clearly. They must be able to give the patients precise instructions.
- Ability to readily handle equipment: A physiotherapist employs a variety of devices that require careful handling in order to deliver the best possible treatment to patients. Aside from technical tools, the physiotherapist should be familiar with the many kinds of software and mobile health applications that can be effective in the treatment of patients.
- Protocols’ scientific justifications: Aside from knowing how to use the equipment properly, a physiotherapist should be able to predict the reasoning behind each treatment process. A qualified physiotherapist understands that patients may experience treatment tiredness at times. As a result, they must plan the rehabilitation session to take as little time as feasible.
- Empathy: Physiotherapists work with patients who are in poor physical condition and might have to deal with taboo topics such as obesity, deformity, and so on. Empathy is used by a qualified physiotherapist to comprehend the person’s situation and construct a treatment plan that the patient is satisfied with.
The Best Online Physiotherapy Courses in India
Several online and offline physiotherapy programmes are accessible. Due to the epidemic, however, the online method seems to be a better option. Physiotherapy online programs are conducted from a variety of sources, including Udemy, Coursera, Alison, and others.
Information on online physiotherapy programs are as follows:
|Indian Association of Chartered Physiotherapist||INR 12.500||3 Months||Postgraduate Diploma in Physical Therapy (Cerebral Palsy)|
|INR 14,500||3 Months||Postgraduate Diploma in Physical Therapy (Neuro Physical Therapy)|
|INR 14,500||3 Months||Postgraduate Diploma in Physical Therapy (Pulmonary Exercises)|
|INR 14,500||3 Months||Postgraduate Diploma in Physical Therapy (Locomotor Disorders)|
|Alison||Free||5-6 Hours||Diploma in Physical Therapy Aide|
|Free||1.5-3 Hours||Introduction to Physical Therapy Aides|
|Free||1.5-3 Hours||Treatment and Movement of a Patient in Physical Therapy|
|Indian Board of Alternative Medicines (Department of Distance and Continuing Education)||—||1 Year||Online / Distance Learning Diploma in Physiotherapy|
|Capri4physio||INR 30,000||64 Hours||Certificate Course In Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (COMT)|
Career Scope After Physiotherapy Course
Physiotherapy programmes provide candidates with a wide range of challenging work options.
- A physiotherapist can pursue a specialty in a variety of specialties, including neurology, orthopaedics, geriatrics, cardiorespiratory medicine, and many more.
- Students have the option of continuing their education up to the PhD level after completing any physiotherapy programme.
- A physiotherapist in India gets a starting income of INR 300,000, excluding higher education.
Hiring Areas for Physiotherapists
The following are the several industries in which a physiotherapist can find work:
|Defence Medical Establishments||Educational Institutions|
|Fitness Centers||Health Institutions|
|Hospitals and Nursing Homes||Orthopedic Departments|
|Physiotherapy Equipment Manufacturers||Rehabilitation Centers for the handicapped|
|Schools for Mentally Challenged and Physically Disabled Children||Sports Training Facilities|
|High-Performance Sports centers||Personal Fitness Consultants|
Jobs After Physiotherapy Courses
Physiotherapist, Osteopath, Lecturer, Sports Physiotherapist, Sports Physio Rehabilitator, Rehabilitation Specialist, and many other employment descriptions are available after completing physiotherapy studies.
|Job Profiles||Roles and Responsibilities||Average Salary|
|Physiotherapist||They organize the treatment and rehabilitation for patients who are experiencing physical problems as a result of sickness, aging, or injuries. They also teach patients how to avoid becoming hurt in the future.||INR 303,000|
|Osteopath||They specialize in the treatment of musculoskeletal and skeletal system ailments. Their therapy method includes using a variety of physical techniques like as caressing, relaxing, and massaging to stimulate different regions of the body.||INR 250,000-INR 500,000|
|Lecturer||A lecturer’s responsibilities include teaching classes on numerous topics linked to physiotherapy.||INR 500,000-INR 16,00,000|
|Sports Physiotherapist||Their main goals are to prevent injuries in various sportspersons and to assist athletes in improving their performance.||INR 5,50,000|
|Sports Physio Rehabilitator||They are in charge of the injured athletes’ rehabilitation and preventing future damage during the process of recovery. They teach the athletes on how to avoid future injuries.||INR 500,000|
|Self Employed Private Physiotherapist||They provide personalized consultations to individuals with a variety of diseases.||INR 870,000|
|Researcher||They are mostly PhD grads who work on discovering newer recovery therapies and procedures.||INR 300,000-INR 7,00,000|
|Defence Medical Establishments||They assist soldiers and defense personnel in their recovery.||INR 550,000|
FAQ’s for Physiotherapy Course
The length of certified physiotherapy programs ranges from a few hours to a year. The period of UG physiotherapy studies ranges from 3 to 4 years. The postgraduate physiotherapy programmes last two years. Ph.D. programmes last between three and five years.
Completing physiotherapy programs is worthwhile. Individuals with a physiotherapy degree stand out among the rest of the applicants.
In India, the average salary for a physiotherapist is INR 300,000.
Yes. Financial assistance is available from several online certification programmes. Various providers will have different set modes and financial help amounts.