PhD Hindi is a three-year doctoral program. Candidates who complete the doctoral program will have a basic understanding of Hindi as well as practice using it in a variety of situations. There are two semesters in each year. The course examines the Hindi language, including its history, philosophy, linguistics, and literature, as well as how it has evolved over time.
Students pursuing this degree must write a comprehensive thesis on any topic related to the Hindi language. In Hindi, a PhD is a course in which the student is required to write a thesis in his or her own language. The topic of the thesis for the doctorate degree is chosen by the student himself. Candidates who complete the course will be eligible for a variety of job opportunities in a variety of fields.
Table of Contents
PhD Hindi: An Overview
|Level of Course||Doctorate|
|Duration of Course||3 years|
|Type of Examination||Semester based|
|Eligibility Criteria||M.Phil. or Master’s degree|
|Process of Admission||Entrance based or Merit-based|
|Fee for Course||INR 1,000 to 2 Lakhs|
in the beginning
|INR 2 to 10 Lakhs|
|Entrance Examinations||NET, JRF, SLET, etc.|
|Top Hiring Firms||HGS, Quess Corp, Coherence Soft Technologies Private Limited, Sanctus, Ignites Human Capital Services Private Limited, etc.|
|Top Areas of Recruitment||Educational Institutes, Government Offices, Social Welfares Schemes,Data Entry Offices, Embassies, etc.|
|Top Profiles of Job||Hindi Translator, Customer Support Officer, Content Writer, Subject Matter Expert, Teacher, etc.|
PhD Hindi Eligibility criteria
- Aspiring candidates must have completed an M.Phil. and a post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum grade of 55 percent (50 percent for SC/ST/PH candidates) or an equivalent qualification from a university or a recognized institution of higher learning; or a Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum grade of 55 percent (50 percent for SC/ST/PH candidates) or an equivalent grade from a college or a recognized institution of higher learning and five years of experience.
- Some reputable colleges and institutes conduct entrance exams for admission to their PhD Hindi degree course, .
PhD Hindi: Course Curriculum/Syllabus
A PhD in Hindi is a three-year program. Each year is divided into two semesters. The course includes a variety of assignments as well as extensive research. An in-depth analysis
|First Semester||Second Semester|
|Communicative skills||Reading literature|
|Critical reasoning, writing, and presentation||Readings on Indian constitution|
|Communication skills in other languages||Translation and communication in Hindi|
|Prose and one-act plays||Translation-Theory and practice|
|History of Hindi literature||History of Hindi Literature|
|Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Literature and contemporary issues||History and philosophy of Hindi|
|Literature in other languages||Culture and Civilizations|
|General informatics and computer application in Hindi||Drama and Theatre in Hindi|
|Applied Grammar||Perspectives of Humanities and Languages and Methodology|
|History of Hindi Literature||Correspondence and secretarial practice in Hindi|
|Comparative literature||Environmental Studies|
|Fifth Semester||Sixth Semester|
|Linguistics||Modern Poetry in Hindi|
|Contemporary Hindi Literature||Novel and Short stories in Hindi|
|Indian Literary Thoughts||History of Hindi Language|
|Poetry||Western Literary Thoughts|
|Open course spoke Hindi||Project – Literary Technician|
|Project – Literary Technician||–|
PhD Hindi Admission Procedure
Admission to the program is generally based on merit. The aggregate marks in the qualifying examinations are taken into account when students are offered admission. Certain universities, on the other hand, hold their own entrance exams to select students for admission to their programs. CVVET, NET, JRF, SLET, and other national entrance exams are among the most popular.
Based on Merit
Colleges that accept candidates based on their master’s merit have their own set of rules that must be adhered to in order to be accepted. Applicants must be able to:
- Submit your application to the universities and colleges where you want to study. Perform well on postgraduate exams, as the results of these exams form the foundation for the entire admissions process.
- Universities will start releasing their cutoff lists in due time. Check to see if you are eligible for the course you want to take. Visit the university and submit all the required documents if you are eligible.
Based on Entrance
Each college holds an entrance exam to determine whether or not students are eligible to pursue a PhD in Hindi at their institution. The procedure to be followed is as follows:
- Submit your application to the universities and colleges where you want to study. Register for the entrance exams that you will need to pass to get into the college of your choice.
- To be considered for further admission rounds, students must achieve higher than the college or university’s minimum qualifying marks.
- Following the written examination, a personal interview round is held to determine the final merit list of the candidates who have been shortlisted.
- After all of the tests have been completed, the institutions of higher learning announce the results and publish a merit list of candidates who have been shortlisted based on the written examination and personal interview round.
- Following the admissions process, seats are assigned to deserving candidates, who must then pay the course fee and enroll in the appropriate academy.
PhD Hindi: Focus Areas
It is critical to have a thorough understanding of the program one wishes to pursue. It is necessary to be quite clear about the assumptions that one has for the course. As a result, a brief overview of the PhD Hindi program is provided below to help with the process.
- PhD A doctorate degree program is available in the Hindi language. The course necessitates in-depth research into the varying aspects of language.
- The course delves into the complexities of the Hindi language. The course focuses on learning Hindi as a second language. Its beginnings, philosophy, linguistics, literature, and how it has progressed to the present day.
- Scholars must write a thesis in Hindi on any topic they are interested in while pursuing the course.
- The course investigates the Hindi language’s role and evolution in the modern world. It imparts critical knowledge of historical and literary periods and forms.
- The course covers everything from the fundamentals of the language to its most advanced features. It aids in the thorough understanding of the Hindi script by students. It assists them in gaining a thorough understanding of the Hindi language and its culture.
PhD Hindi: Preparation Plan
Knowing the most recent exam pattern is among the most important determining factors for success on any entrance exam. As a result, one should go over the previous year’s papers and conduct a thorough evaluation of the exam pattern.
- The nature of the PhD entrance test paper is subjective. The questions typically necessitate lengthy and descriptive responses.
- Given the subjective nature of the exam, it is necessary to develop the habit of writing long, descriptive responses.
- Make sure you cover all of the bases in your responses. Increasing the length of the answer will not do the answer justice.
- Learn about all of India’s notable authors who have made significant contributions to the growth of Hindi literature.
- While studying for the entrance exam, one can refer to the MA Hindi syllabus.
- Make a list of all the major works of well-known Hindi authors for future reference.
- Take 10 to 15 practice tests before taking the real exam.
- Maintain a positive attitude while taking the final exam. Be self-assured and tactful with your time management.
Aside from that, one should conduct extensive research on the entire entrance exam syllabus. The following are the main subject areas in which PhD Entrance Exams ask questions:
- Hindi Drama
- Popular Hindi poets and authors’ biographies and works.
- Hindi Literature
- The course admissions process is either entrance-based or merit-based.
- In the scenario of merit-based selection, the qualifying examinations must be passed with flying colors.
- In the case of entrance-based selection, it is critical to perform well on the entrance exam and obtain a sufficient score in order to gain admission to a good college.
- The most recent exam pattern must be understood. It is also necessary to understand the weighting allotted to each section of the exam and to prepare accordingly.
- One should begin studying for the entrance exam a year in advance to allow sufficient time for learning and revision. Keep in mind the institution you want to attend.
PhD Hindi: Important Entrance Exams
Admission to the PhD Hindi program is based on either an entrance exam or a merit-based selection process. In an entrance-based method, students must pass an entrance exam in order to be considered for admission to any given college. Some of the most prestigious entrance examinations used to select students for admission
- UGC NET: The national testing agency administers the UGC NET exam. The exam is required for assistant professors to be hired at Indian universities. The exam is also used to select students for junior research fellowship positions.
- CSIR CSIR: UGC NET The National Testing Agency administers the UGC NET on behalf of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). The test is used to select students for junior research fellowships and to determine whether or not they are qualified to teach in colleges or universities.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University administers the JNU PhD Entrance examination. The exam is used to narrow down candidates for a variety of PhD programs. One of these programs is a PhD in medicine.
PhD Hindi Top Institutes
Several top academic institutions offer PhD Hindi courses. Some of the best universities that offer this course are listed below, along with some additional information.
|Ranking by NIRF 2020||Institute||Average Fee |
|2||Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi||INR 2,000||INR 6 LPA|
|11||Delhi University, Delhi||INR 10,000||INR 4.6 LPA|
|12||Anna University, Chennai||INR 13,600||INR 3.8 LPA|
|39||Alagappa University, Tamil Nadu||INR 11,500||INR 4 LPA|
|44||Gujarat University, Gujarat||INR 24,000||INR 3.5 LPA|
|47||Gauhati University, Guwahati||INR 38,390||INR 3 LPA|
|55||Banasthali Vidyapeeth University, Jaipur||INR 26,000||INR 3.78 LPA|
|65||Mumbai University, Mumbai||INR 30,000||INR 4 LPA|
|99||Kurukshetra University, Haryana||INR 5,600||INR 3.8 LPA|
PhD Hindi: Important Documents Required
- Research Proposal
- No objection certificate from the employer (if employed)
- Documentary proof of the date of birth
- Migration Certificate (No objection certificate from the university last attended)
- passing/degree certificate of the last qualifying degree examination.
- Mark-list of the last qualifying degree examination
- Gap certificate (if applicable)
- A character certificate (from the head of the institute from which the student has obtained his qualifying degree.
Students should be aware that if the aforementioned certificates are not attached to their application, their application will not be taken into account for admission.
PhD Hindi: A Comparison among Institutes
Choosing a college from a large number of options can be difficult. When all of the colleges have a certain level of reputation, this becomes more difficult. As a result, the top three universities trying to offer PhD in Hindi have been evaluated by comparing them below based on different aspects to make the process easier.
|Institute||Jawaharlal Lal Nehru University (JNU)||Gujarat University||Delhi University|
|Ranking by NIRF||2||44||11|
|Highlight||In 1969, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) was founded. Since then, it’s become a household name among India’s top universities. The university is well-known for its research and post-graduate programs.||Gujarat University, located in Ahmedabad, was founded in 1949. The university offers a variety of arts, science, and business degree programs. The reputable Outlook ICARE-Indian Universities has ranked the university first in Gujarat and 26th in India in the category “Public State Universities.”||Delhi University, or DU, is one of India’s most prestigious universities. There are 90 colleges affiliated with the university. It offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, and vocational programs in a variety of fields. The north campus and the south campus are the two main campuses of the university.|
|INR 2,000||INR 10,000||INR 24,000|
|Process of Admission||JNU PhD Entrance||CET||DUET|
PhD Hindi: Suitable Candidates for the Course
- This course is for applicants who have a good understanding of Hindi literature and want to do research on the subject.
- This course is best suited for applicants who have completed their M.Phil. in the Hindi language and are interested in teaching in schools, colleges, or universities.
- This course necessitates a significant amount of time spent reading research materials. As a result, anyone with patience and determination can succeed in this course.
- This course is ideal for applicants who can express their ideas in a logical manner.
- They must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, which are required for teaching and other professions.
PhD Hindi and PhD Sanskrit: Key Differences
Hindi and Sanskrit are two of India’s most popular and ancient languages. Many foreign universities now offer courses in these two languages. With their increasing popularity, pursuing a PhD in one of these fields will never leave you disappointed. The following table summarizes some of the major differences between these two courses.
|Basis of Comparison||PhD Hindi||PhD Sanskrit|
|Also Referred As||Doctorate of Philosophy in Hindi||Doctorate of Philosophy in Sanskrit|
|Course Highlight||PhD In the Hindi language, a doctorate degree program is available. The course necessitates in-depth research into the varying aspects of the language. The course delves into the complexities of the Hindi language. It is concerned with the study of Hindi. Its beginnings, philosophy, linguistics, literature, and how it has progressed to the present day.||PhD Sanskrit is a course that introduces students to the Sanskrit language, focusing on practical, written, and spoken Sanskrit. Students will gain a basic and in-depth understanding of Sanskrit, as well as practice using Sanskrit in real situations. Students will have the opportunity to engage with Sanskrit speakers and become familiar with the Sanskrit script.|
|Process of Admission||Entrance based or Merit based||Entrance based or Merit based|
|Entrance examinations||NET, JRF, SLET, etc||NET, JRF, SLET, etc|
|INR 2,000 to 2 Lakhs||INR 1,000 to 2 Lakhs|
|INR 2 to 10 Lakhs||INR 3 to 10 Lakhs|
|Top Profiles of Job||Hindi Translator, Customer Support Officer, Subject Matter Expert, Content Writer, Teacher, etc.||Translator, Lecturer, Researcher, Novelist, Editor, Teacher, etc.|
|Top Institutes||Delhi University, Gujarat University,Jawaharlal Nehru University, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Assam University, etc.||GD Modi Arts college, Gokul Das Hindu Girls college, Gulbarga university, Guwahati university,Himachal Pradesh University, etc.|
PhD Hindi: Expected Salary
The salary for a PhD in Hindi varies depending on the aspirant’s skills and knowledge. The company and position you work for are also factors that influence the average salary package. Freshmen may begin with an average PhD in Hindi pay scale, but as they gain experience, it rises to a certain level. The average salary for a PhD Hindi course ranges between INR 3 and 5 LPA.
PhD Hindi: Important skills required
Aspirants for a PhD in Hindi should be able to communicate, solve problems, and make decisions. They must also be self-assured, dedicated, and dedicated to their goals. Finally, a PhD in Hindi requires applied creativity—a practical understanding of the work as well as strong interpersonal skills like networking, leadership, and conflict resolution. Skills that qualify you for a PhD in Hindi
- Technical Skills
- Management Skills
- Writing and oral communication
- Problem Solving Skills:
PhD Hindi: Top Job Profiles
PhD Hindi programs can lead to a variety of job and career opportunities. Fresh graduates can expect to earn between INR 2 lakhs and INR 10 lakhs per year. The pay scale is based on the amount of experience you have in the field.
The following are some of the significant job profiles currently offered to PhD Hindi professionals:
|Positions of Job||Description of Job||Average Salary |
|Hindi Translator||The original content is read and rewritten in Hindi by a translator. They make use of specialized reference books while translating. They also examine the translated content’s grammatical aspects.||INR 3.5 Lakhs|
|Content Writer||New content is created by content writers for online consumption. They either work for specific clients or as freelance writers.||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Customer Support Officer||Customer Support Officers work as part of a team to respond to a wide range of customer inquiries. Their primary responsibilities include troubleshooting and resolving customer issues.||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Teacher||A teacher is in charge of planning lessons and conveying them to the entire class or small groups of students in the form of lectures. He or she sets up appropriate tests in order to conduct regular assessments of the students.||INR 4 Lakhs|
|Subject Matter Expert||Professionals are in charge of determining whether or not the content provided is accurate. They must be familiar with design rule methods and design automation. They may also create content based on the needs of the client and include it in their design models.||INR 5 Lakhs|
Some other areas of employment
- The Customer Support Officer
- Government Offices
- Content Writer
- Customer Service Executive
- Teacher and lecturer
- Educational Institutes
- Data Entry Offices
- Hindi Translator
- Social Welfare Schemes
- Subject Matter Expert
PhD Hindi: Benefits and Scope
Students are occasionally faced with the decision of whether or not to pursue a particular course. Understanding the course’s advantages can assist in resolving this tumultuous situation. As a result, some of the advantages and disadvantages of pursuing a PhD in Hindi degree program are listed below.
- PhD Hindi is a graduate-level course in Hindi. This course is required for students who want to learn the complexities of the Hindi language.
- The course provides essential information about the Hindi language’s origins, philosophy, evolution, literature, and culture. It’s best for students who want to learn everything there is to know about the Hindi language.
- A PhD in Hindi qualifies a person for a position as an educator or lecturer in any university or college. As a result, it’s a must-take course for students interested in pursuing a career in academia.
- The course teaches a person a variety of skills. Problem-solving, drawing conclusions, making rational recommendations, time management, and other skills are among them.
- The course teaches you how to make a lot of money. A PhD Hindi professional’s starting salary ranges from INR 2 to 10 lakhs.
- The course provides a wide range of job opportunities. Editor, professor, news anchor, reporter, translator, content writer, and other top job positions are all possible.
- The course provides students with a foundational understanding of literary forms, movements, and trends in current debates as well as interdisciplinary applications.
- After earning a PhD, one can work as a teacher in a variety of institutes and schools, have their thesis published on various topics and research work, or become an author and have their writings published as a book.
- They can work as an editor, news anchor, reporter, or language translator in news organizations or as a Hindi writer, for example.
analytical skills, good communication skills, critical thinking, decision-making, and good presentation skills are just a few of the necessary skills for pursuing a PhD in Hindi.
A thesis is a document written by a university degree candidate that includes personal research. Yes, all PhD students are required to write and submit a thesis at the conclusion of their studies.
Yes, Allahabad University offers a PhD program in Hindi.
Yes, To be eligible for the position of professor or assistant professor in any reputable college or university, one must have passed the NET exam, according to UGC guidelines.
In India, the average tuition fee for this course is between INR 30,000 and INR 2 lakhs, depending on the college or university. Private and public institutions charge different fees.
UGC Net, CSIR UGC NET, and JNU PhD Entrance Exam are some of the major all-India entrance exams used to select students for admission to the course.
A doctoral research degree is known as a PhD. In general, a PhD course lasts three years, and an individual can complete it in as little as five years.
No, there is no upper age limit for a PhD, but a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) must be at least 28 years old.