A Doctor of Medicine in Homeopathy (M.D. Homeopathy) is a postgraduate course in Homeopathy. It is a three-year postgraduate medical program that includes one year of housework and the remaining two years of research and study. Homeopathy is a type of alternative medicine that uses small amounts of remedies to stimulate the body’s natural healing system.
Conferences, group discussions, seminars, clinical meetings, and journal clubs are all part of the course, which also requires the submission of a written thesis or dissertation with comprehensive discussion on the area of specialization. The M.D. Homeopathy program is designed to produce world-class homeopathic professionals, practitioners, researchers, and teachers.
Around the world, more than 200 million people use homeopathy on a regular basis. Homeopathy is now practiced in more than 80 countries around the world. In 42 countries, it is recognized as an individual medical system, and in 28 countries, it is recognized as a component of complementary and alternative medicine.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
MD Homeopathy: An Overview
Some of the course’s major highlights are listed below.
|Level of Course||Post-Graduate|
|Duration of Course||Three Years|
|Type of Examination||Semester System|
|Eligibility Criteria||B.H.M.S degree from a recognized university|
|Process of Admission||Counseling after taking Entrance Examination|
|Fee for the Course||INR 2,000 to 3,00,000|
|Average Salary in the Beginning||INR 3 to 10 Lacs|
|Top Hiring Firms||Hospitals, Pharmacies, Clinics, Research Centre, Colleges etc.|
MD Homeopathy Eligibility
- The B.H.M.S. (Direct or Graded) degree or its equivalent, as determined by the Central Council of Homeopathy, is required of candidates.
- Individuals who completed the required internship on or before the application deadline are eligible for admission.
- Candidates for the course must have a B.H.M.S degree from a university recognized by the Medical Council of India with a minimum aggregate score of 60%.
MD Homeopathy: Focus Areas
Each student accepted into the M.D. Homeopathy program is required to complete a year of housework. He must attend college O.P.D. and I.P.D. during this time, as well as examine various types of patients in O.P.D. and I.P.D. Each student has to provide clinical training to both U.G. students and interns.
The Central Council of Homeopathy in New Delhi requires students to attend P.G. seminars and conferences. Each student must choose a dissertation topic and write a synopsis under the supervision of the mentor assigned to them during the first three months of M.D. Homeopathy Part I, which is then submitted to M.U.H.S. for approval.
MD Homeopathy Admission Procedure
- Eligible candidates must pass a relevant entrance exam administered by universities at both the state and national levels in order to be admitted to the program.
- Candidates must achieve the university’s minimum cut-off marks, on the basis of which a merit list is created and seats are assigned.
- The AIAPGET exam will be used to generate a rank list for admission to PG courses.
- Candidates’ merit and category lists will be prepared by the entrance examination commissioner based on their NEET Examination rank.
- They are also in charge of all MD homeopathy admissions in two government hospitals.
M.D. Homeopathy Syllabus
The following is a semester-by-semester breakdown of the course’s syllabus:
|FIRST SEMESTER||SECOND SEMESTER|
|Anatomy- Applied & Clinical Aspects||Pathology (Structural Alterations in Disease)|
|Physiology – Applied & Clinical||Patho- Physiology (Functional Alterations in Disease)|
|Biochemistry & Biophysics||Bacteriology & Virology|
|Psychology – Applied||Parasitology|
|Integration of above mentioned subjects||Abnormal Psychology|
|Miasmatic Correlations & Understanding of Susceptibility|
|THIRD SEMESTER||FOURTH SEMESTER|
|History of Medicine, Logic & Philosophy||The Man in Health (Holistic Concept)|
|Research Methodology & Statistics||The Man in Disease (Holistic Concept)|
|History of Medicine, Scientific Methodology including Research Methodology & Statistics|
|FIFTH SEMESTER||SIXTH SEMESTER|
|Organon of Medicine with Homoeopathic Philosophy||Psychiatry|
|Practice of Homoeopathy in Medicine, Surgery & Obs/Gyn||Training & Placements|
MD Homeopathy: Important Skills Required
The following are some of the most important skills for people who want to work in this field:
- Communication Skills: The individual must be able to effectively communicate his or her ideas to others and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Basic Concepts– The key concepts learned while studying medicine are frequently used on the job, so one should have a basic understanding of these concepts
- Teamwork: During the first years of employment and internships, aspiring candidates must work as part of a team, have the patience to listen to each other’s ideas, and collaborate in a coordinated manner.
- Desire for continued learning and learning new research– A homeopathic doctor should be aware of the most recent research in the field.
MD Homeopathy: Important Documents Required
- Mark-list of the last qualifying degree examination
- Migration Certificate (No objection certificate from the university last attended)
- No objection certificate from the employer (if employed)
- Research Proposal:
- A character certificate (from the head of the institute from which the student has obtained his qualifying degree)
- Documentary proof of the date of birth
- passing/degree certificate of the last qualifying degree examination.
- Gap certificate (if applicable)
Students should be aware that if the above certificates are not included with their application, they will not be considered for admission.
Individuals are becoming more interested in understanding the biology of the body in this area as their knowledge of various health conditions grows. Furthermore, people’s attitudes toward homeopathic medicine have shifted, and an increasing number of people are beginning to believe in the practice. Because of the growing human population and the need to find normal and simpler ways to overcome various complexities, this area has already risen to the top of the priority list, whether in the public or private sector.
- High Market-Rise Predictions: According to the World Health Organization, homeopathy is one of the fastest growing medical systems on the planet. In fact, it has emerged as one of the most effective alternatives to allopathy. This type of medicine is effective, safe, and, most importantly, natural. It is also simple to use and very user-friendly for patients of all ages.
- Many drugs are receiving temporary approval due to the COVID-19 pandemic: Because of the current pandemic situations around the world, the FDA is approving many drugs quickly. However, these drugs may be recalled later. Because some of the drugs are anaesthetics, this creates a lot of uncertainty.
- Awareness about homeopathy is spreading rapidly: In recent years, there has been a rapid increase in public awareness of homeopathic medicines. According to the World Health Organization, one out of every fifteen households prefers homeopathic treatments for acute illnesses.
MD Homeopathy: Top Academic Institutions
Some of the best institutes in India that offer MD in Homeopathy are listed below:
|Institute Name||Place||Average Fees|
|Government Medical College/ Rajindra Hospital (GMCP)||Patiala||1,30,000|
|Maharajah’s Institute of Medical Sciences (MIMS)||Andhra Pradesh||88,900|
|Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS)||Punjab||18,000|
|Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS)||Nashik||27,700|
|Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital||New Delhi||1,700|
MD Homeopathy: Recruitment Areas
Hospitals, private nursing homes, medical research centers, and pharmaceutical companies are among the top employers for homeopathy graduates. Because there is a high demand for homeopathy graduates in various industries, some of the top recruiters are listed below, with average salaries ranging from INR 4 to 10 LPA.
- Fortis Hospitals
- Medanta Hospitals
- CIPLA Ltd.
- Indian Council of Medical Research
- Apollo Munich Health Industries Ltd.
- Shri Ganga Ram Hospital
- Religare Health Insurance Company Ltd.
- Apollo Hospitals
- Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
MD Homeopathy: Suitable Candidates for the Course
- It is a practitioner program for students who are serious about pursuing a career in homeopathy. Candidates who are good listeners, cool and collected, and capable of explaining complex issues in a straightforward manner are the best candidates for this degree.
- People who can inspire trust and establish rapport with a wide range of people, as well as those who have an analytical mind and are confident, enthusiastic, and energetic in their efforts to promote and build a practice, are also well-suited for this field of holistic medicine.
- Anyone interested in higher education, particularly in the fields of teaching and research, is welcome to apply.
MD Homeopathy Employment Areas
MD (Medical Doctor) Homeopathy is a career-oriented branch of medicine that offers high-paying job opportunities in colleges, hospitals, clinics, and research centers, among other places.
Here are some of the most common job positions available to successful postgraduates in the discipline, along with job descriptions and salaries.
- Homeopathic Pharmacy
- State Dispensaries
- Medical College
- Training Institute
- Charitable Institution
- Public Health Specialist
- Research Institute
|Profile of Job||Description of Job||Average Salary|
|Lecturer/Professor||To assist with supervision of undergraduate, graduate (Masters), or research graduate (M.Phil./PhD) students, and to teach undergraduate and graduate levels in areas assigned by and reviewed from time to time by the Head of Department.||4 to 7 Lacs|
|Public Health Specialist||To improve the health of individuals, populations, and communities, as well as to educate organisations and communities, such as local neighborhoods, schools, and hospitals, about their roles in health promotion.||7 to 9 Lacs|
|Pharmacist||Both prescription and non-prescription medicine must be dispensed and controlled. Customers can also get general health advice from them.||2 to 2.5 Lacs|
|Consultant||To assist clients in improving or repairing a specific aspect of their business||8 to 9 Lacs|
|Homoeopath||Prescribe highly diluted substances to patients based on their symptoms. Homeopaths are self-employed and have managerial, marketing, and administrative responsibilities.||3 to 5 Lacs|
MD Homeopathy: Benefits and Scope
- Homeopaths can work part-time or build a busy practice that grows into a full-time job, with earnings rising in tandem with the practice’s growth.
- Herbal alternative medicine has the ability to heal the sick by providing high-quality medical care in a simple, easy, safe, and cost-effective manner, resulting in true health, happiness, and peace of mind.
- The benefits of pursuing a career in homeopathy are numerous. MD Homeopathy is a very versatile career choice because it can be started later in life and continued until retirement.
- One of the most popular medical alternatives to allopathy is homeopathy.
- It is a well-respected profession that is growing in popularity.
- It is a five-year course that provides a thorough understanding of the field of homeopathy.
- There are numerous homeopathic colleges both abroad and in India that offer opportunities to pursue a career in this field.
- Following the completion of the homeopathy course, a student has a number of options. He has the option of entering the workforce or continuing his education. Graduates of homeopathy can either begin working or pursue advanced studies in homeopathy and related fields. The following are some areas of higher education that can be pursued after graduating from homeopathy:
- P.G.D.M in Holistic Healthcare, Diabetology, Acupuncture
- M.Sc. in Epidemiology, Medical Anatomy, Human Genome and others.
- M.D.(Hom) in Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Pharmacy and others.
The monthly salary of a homeopathic doctor in the government sector ranges from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000, while salaries in the private sector start at Rs. 20,000.
If you have a B.H.M.S certificate, you will not be able to do D.G.O. You can work in government health care units, , volunteer organisations, medical colleges,dispensaries and corporate hospitals after completing B.H.M.S, or you can open your own private practice.
The MCI [Medical Council of India] Act prohibits homeopaths from treating patients with allopathic drugs, but the Maharashtra government has secured them that they can practice allopathy even after the Council’s objections.
Following B.H.M.S, some of the major M.Sc. courses include:
Master of Science in Psychiatry.
M.Sc in Clinical Research.
M.Sc. Food and Nutrition.
Masters in Emergency Medicine.
Master of Hospital Management (MHM)
Master of Science in Endocrinology.
M.Sc. in Epidemiology.
M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
An entry-level dentist’s salary ranges from $15,000 to 30,000 per month. An individual can earn more than 6-8 lakhs per year after gaining valuable experience. B.H.M.S: Not only in India, but also in other countries, there are career opportunities available after completing B.H.M.S.
The most common option for further studies after B.H.M.S is an MD in Homeopathy. Many graduates go on to pursue alternative medical degrees such as a Master of Science in Regenerative Medicine, a Master of Science in Psychiatry, a Master of Science in Endocrinology, and a Master of Hospital Administration, among others.
A Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (D.H.M.S) is equivalent to a Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (B.H.M.S). Both of these undergraduate courses are part of the alternative and holistic medicine field.
A trained homeopathic practitioner can work as a Medical Officer/Doctor in a variety of private and public homeopathic hospitals. Consultant- To assist clients in improving or focusing on a specific aspect of their business. Patients are prescribed highly diluted substances by Homeopath-To based on their symptoms.
If you have completed the B.H.M.S program, you are eligible to practice homeopathy and open your own clinic. You simply must register with the state council and obtain a registration number. They’ll tell you that their product improves immunity and eliminates toxins, which means that it does nothing.