MBA Marketing Course is a popular two-year MBA programme for applicants who want to study market strategies, branding, advertising, and how to manage marketing resources.
MBA Marketing Course Admission 2022 candidates must have a minimum of 50% in their undergraduate degree and valid scores in the CAT, ATMA, MAT, or any other national level MBA test. After the CAT results are released in January, the admission procedure for top MBA marketing institutes such as IIMs and IITs begins. The Indian Institute of Digital Education (IIDE), Great Lakes Institute of Management, NMIMS, IIT Roorkee, and other top MBA in Marketing colleges include the Indian Institute of Digital Education (IIDE), Great Lakes Institute of Management, NMIMS, and IIT Roorkee, among others.
Management Concepts, Cost and Management Accounting, Business Environment, Marketing Management, and other topics are covered in the MBA Marketing Syllabus. Dual speciality programmes, such as MBA Marketing and Sales or MBA Finance and Marketing, are also available to students.
MBA marketing Course graduates may expect to earn INR 9,03,076, on average, for positions such as Marketing Manager, Marketing Executive, and others. If students graduate from top MBA marketing institutes like IIM Ahmedabad, they can expect to be offered employment with CTCs as high as INR 27 LPA.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
MBA Marketing Highlights
|Course Name||MBA Marketing|
|MBA Marketing Syllabus||Managerial Economics, Marketing Management, Global Business Management, Statistical and Quantitative Methods, Business Laws|
|MBA Marketing Programs||Full Time, Part Time, Distance, Online|
|MBA Marketing colleges in India||IIDE Mumbai, IIM Kozikhode, IIM Roorkee, IIT Madras, NMIMS, SIBM, Great Lakes Institute of Management|
|MBA Marketing Online||University of Mysore, Jain University|
|MBA Marketing Scope||PhD, Jobs|
|MBA Marketing Jobs||Marketing executive, Digital Marketer, Retail Marketer|
|MBA Marketing Salary (INR)||5,00,000 – 7,00,000|
MBA Marketing: Quick Overview
MBA Marketing Course equips students with the knowledge and skills to create a narrative around any product or service using analytics, storytelling, communications, customer behaviour, and management techniques. With the rise of digital marketing in India, MBA marketing has taken on a new lease on life.
Companies must become more efficient in reaching out to a global audience as time passes and digitization increases. In comparison to traditional marketing strategies, digital marketing has grabbed the lead since 2015. A Master of Business Administration with an emphasis on Marketing is known as an MBA in Marketing.
- MBA marketing is one of the most popular MBA concentrations, with topics such as market research, advertising, branding, and international markets covered.
- Apart from fundamental MBA marketing topics, the course also teaches you how to effectively explain your market strategy to clients and networks.
- Marketing Management, Sales, Operations Management, Consumer Strategy, Digital Marketing, and Social Media Marketing are some of the courses that are relevant to MBA marketing.
- The course will provide you with knowledge and insights into marketing tactics used by leading firms throughout the world, allowing you to function more effectively in top management positions.
- Pursuing an MBA in Marketing ensures not just great compensation, but also higher and better career advancement.
- This programme lasts two years and covers a variety of topics including marketing management, finance, business studies, and accounting.
Why MBA Marketing?
- The classic marketing tactics are taught in the MBA Marketing course, as well as new age ideas such as Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, and so on.
- After completing the MBA Marketing Course, graduates might pursue careers in consulting or entrepreneurial management.
- According to Payscale, a Marketing manager’s average income is INR 9,03,076 per year, which is greater than that of an HR manager (INR 7,82,489) or an Operations manager (INR 7,82,489). (INR 8,32,787).
- One of the most popular and in-demand MBA specialisations is marketing. Sony, Spencer’s Retail India Pvt Ltd, KPMG, Ranbaxy, Tech Mahindra, and others are among the top recruiters for MBA marketing graduates.
- Every firm relies on marketing to generate customer loyalty and increase income, which is why MBA marketing is so popular.
- In MBA placements, the marketing sector is believed to be the most popular. According to IIM Ahmedabad Placements 2022 statistics, Marketing was the second most popular recruiting industry after Finance, with HUL offering the highest CTC of INR 27 lakhs per annum.
Why MBA Marketing is a Popular Career Path?
MBA Marketing is a classic professional route that is also one of the most popular in terms of employment in India and overseas. It gives students a wide range of options for brand management, advertising, and marketing employment. Students learn about new and popular concepts like social media, brand management, and digital advertising. As a result, MBA Marketing, with its unique approach, aids in the development of a successful profession that is equipped with cutting-edge tactics and strategies.
MBA Marketing Courses Types
|Full-time MBA Marketing||50% marks in graduation + valid scores in national level MBA exams.||2 years|
|Part-time MBA Marketing||Graduation + Minimum 2-3 years work experience + performance in written test/interview/GD||2-3 years|
|Distance MBA Marketing||50% marks in graduation + valid CAT/MAT/GATE or University level entrance exam score (Some colleges have a merit-based selection process)||2 years|
|MBA Marketing Online||50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in graduation in any discipline||Minimum 2 years, Maximum 4 years from the date of registration.|
MBA Marketing Part-Time
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai||287,445|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai||—|
|PTVA’s Institute of Management, Mumbai||—|
Online MBA Marketing
|University of Mysore||—|
|Jain University||INR 76,000 (total fees)|
Admission Process for MBA Marketing
MBA Marketing Admission 2022 is identical to MBA Admission 2022 in terms of requirements. MBA application fees range from INR 1500 to INR 2500. MBA marketing admissions are based on national MBA entrance exams, with some universities conducting their own state/institute level MBA exams.
MBA Marketing Admission 2022
|College Name||Exams Accepted||Application Status|
|Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar||XAT||Applications Open till December 10, 2021|
|VIT Business School||CAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT||December 09 – January 31, 2022|
|St. Xavier’s University, Kolkata||CAT/XAT||To Be Announced|
|International Management Institute||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT||October 20 – December 16, 2021|
|IMT Ghaziabad||CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT||November 25, 2021|
|ICFAI Hyderabad||CAT/ GMAT/ IBSAT/ NMAT||July 2021- 2nd week of December 2021|
|IIFT Delhi||IIFT/ GMAT||Closed|
|ICFAI Business School Gurgaon||CAT/ GMAT/ IBSAT/ NMAT||January 31st, 2022 (Open)|
|ICFAI University Jaipur||University Entrance Exam+PI||January 31st, 2022 (Open)|
MBA Marketing Eligibility
The following are the basic qualifying requirements for admission to the MBA Marketing programme:
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised board or university in any discipline. A passing percentage of 50% or equal CGPA is required.
- For all reserved category candidates (SC/STs), there is a 5% relaxation, therefore the passing percentage should be 45 per cent.
- Some universities enable final-year students to apply if they present a letter from the principal stating that they have no objections.
- Some universities, such as IIMs, consider high merit scores of 60 per cent and above.
MBA Marketing Entrance Exams
For candidates interested in enrolling in MBA Marketing programmes, entrance exams are held at both the national and university levels. A few of the entrance exams held for MBA Marketing students seeking admission are listed below.
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date||Exam Dates|
|ATMA||July 18, 2021||July 26, 2021|
|CAT||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|CMAT||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|GMAT||Throughout the year||Throughout the year|
|MAT||December 28, 2021 – February 2022||February 26 – 27, 2022 (IBT Mode)
March 5, 12 & 13, 2022 (IBT Mode)
March 6, 2022(PBT)
|NMAT||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|SNAP||August 31, 2021 – 27 Nov 2021||December 19, 2021
January 8, 2022
January 16, 2022
|XAT||To be Announced||To be Announced|
Related MBA Marketing Courses
The top dual specialization or related courses that you can pursue apart from a regular MBA Marketing course are MBA Marketing Management, MBA Marketing and Sales, and MBA Marketing and Finance.
MBA Marketing Management
- MBA Marketing Management is a two-year postgraduate programme designed for individuals who wish to learn how to manage marketing operations as well as how to manage marketing resources.
- To get admitted to an MBA marketing management programme, you must have a minimum of 50% of your undergraduate degree. Some colleges also require 2-4 years of job experience.
- Some of the leading universities that offer MBA marketing management courses include JBIMS Mumbai, UPES Dehradun, KJ Somaiya, and MIT School of Management.
- The usual course fee ranges from INR 2 to INR 8 lakhs.
MBA Marketing and Sales
- MBA in Marketing and Sales is a two-year postgraduate programme designed for individuals interested in learning about marketing and sales tactics.
- The admissions process is comparable to that of an MBA, requiring a minimum of 50% in high school and valid scores on the CAT, XAT, MAT, or equivalent national level MBA tests.
- Only a few universities in India provide MBA Marketing and Sales programmes. Chemical sales and marketing, Pharmaceutical sales and marketing, and Sales and Marketing Communications are among the specialist courses offered by the majority of them.
- The colleges that are notable for their MBA Marketing and Sales programmes are Amity Business School, Noida, Amity University, Mumbai, ITM Gwalior (MBA Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing), and Jiwaji University, Gwalior (MBA Chemicals Sales and Marketing Management).
- The average fee is INR 50,000- INR 17 lakhs.
MBA Marketing and Finance
- The MBA in Marketing and Finance is a two-year postgraduate programme designed for applicants who want to specialise in both finance and marketing.
- Students with a valid score on the admission examinations and a graduation grade of 50-60% from a recognised university are eligible to apply.
- The average MBA marketing and finance course fee for a two-year programme is between INR 12,000 and 12 lakhs.
- The leading universities that offer MBA Marketing and Finance programmes include Jain University, UBS Karjat, Poornima University, and RIT Bangalore.
MBA Marketing Distance Learning
MBA Marketing distance learning is a popular choice among MBA candidates because it focuses on sales and marketing. The MBA Marketing distance course is a two-year programme in which students must earn a minimum of 50% in order to continue.
MBA Marketing Distance Admission 2022
Candidates interested in pursuing an MBA in Marketing via remote learning should adhere to the following admissions criteria.
- A degree from a recognised university or equivalent is required for distance admission in 2022 in MBA Marketing.
- Admission to a distant MBA programme takes 1-2 years.
- Distance MBA Marketing courses typically cost between INR 35,000 and 50,000.
Top Distance MBA Marketing Colleges
There are various universities that offer a distance MBA in marketing; a few of them are listed below:
|College/University Name||Average Fee (Per annum)|
|ITM Navi Mumbai – ITM Business School||INR 10.50,000|
|IPE Hyderabad||INR 8,00,000|
|Mittal School of Business||INR 5,30,000|
|CRM University Bangalore||INR 9,00,000|
|School of Distance Education – Andhra University||INR 30,000|
|Directorate of Distance Education, Tirunelveli||INR INR 29,000|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University Guntur||INR 30,000|
About MBA in Marketing
MBA Marketing focuses on the field of marketing in a holistic manner covers different types of marketing from digital to conventional along with essentials of management. Here is the MBA Marketing subjects list:
- Management Concepts
- Business Environment
- Quantitative Techniques in Management
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Communication
- Statistical Analysis and Operations Research
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Advertising Management
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Production and Operations Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Accounting and Managerial Decisions
- Human Resource Management
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Retail Management
- Strategic Management
- Service Marketing and CRM
- International Business
- Industrial Marketing
- Total Quality Management
- Management Information System
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Product and Brand Management
MBA Marketing Syllabus
The MBA Marketing curriculum is structured in such a way that students gain both academic and practical marketing expertise. The MBA Marketing courses are shown in the table below.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Management Concepts||Cost and Management Accounting|
|Business Environment||Marketing Management|
|Quantitative Techniques in Management||Consumer Behaviour|
|Managerial Economics||Production and Operations Management|
|Statistical Analysis and Operations Research||Advertising Management|
|Managerial Communication||Human Resource Management|
|Financial Management||Accounting and Managerial Decisions|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Strategic Management||Management Information System|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Product and Brand Management|
|International Business||Sales and Distribution Management|
|Industrial Marketing||Integrated Marketing Communication|
|Retail Management||Logistics and Supply Chain Management|
|E-Commerce||Total Quality Management|
|Service Marketing and CRM||Management Control Systems|
MBA Marketing Subjects
MBA marketing subjects are organised in such a way that students gain a thorough understanding of marketing and management. Some of the best books for MBA Marketing are accessible, and they cover the following topics.
|MBA Marketing Core subjects||MBA Marketing Elective Subjects|
|Management Concepts||Advertising Management|
|Management Information Systems||International Marketing|
|Marketing Management||Business Marketing Operations|
|Accounting and Managerial Decisions||New Product Development and Marketing|
|Strategic Management||Integrated Marketing Communications|
|Human Resource Management||Salesforce Management|
|Business Environment||Marketing Research|
Projects for MBA Marketing
Advertising, branding, market research, and other areas of MBA Marketing are covered. MBA Marketing projects are flawless, and they are led to be completed in accordance with current industry standards. The following are some examples of MBA Marketing projects.
- A Study of Customer Relationship at Fortis
- Study of Sales relationship at Coca Cola and Pepsico
- Marketing strategies of Hyundai
- Study of Relationship Management at Hotel Westin
- Distribution Strategy at Amul
- Marketing Strategies at Indigo Airlines
- A Study of Consumer Behaviour on Pureit Of Hindustan Unilever
MBA Marketing Colleges in India
MBA Marketing is one of the oldest specialisations in the MBA programme. Students interested in pursuing an MBA from one of India’s leading MBA Marketing Colleges can refer to the chart below.
|College Names||College Fees|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode||INR 19,00,000|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee||INR 14,50,000|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras||INR 30,00,000|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Tiruchirapalli||INR 18,00,000|
|Indian Institute of Digital Education (IIDE), Mumbai||INR 4,67,000|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai||INR 17,50,000|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Raipur||INR 14,50,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune||INR 19,50,000|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||INR 16,50,0000|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai||INR 6,00,000|
|ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad||INR 15,00,000|
MBA Marketing Colleges Abroad
MBA Marketing Abroad is a popular choice among students, and it may be pursued at some of the world’s best colleges. MBA Marketing education fees in other countries are much higher than in India. Students pursuing an MBA in Marketing in another country must take the GMAT as an entrance exam, as well as the TOEFL and IELTS to assess their English proficiency.
|Name of the College||Course Fees|
|University of Chicago||53,82,363|
|University of Pennsylvania||54,04,790|
|University of North Carolina||49,56,259|
|University of Bedfordshire||11,21,325|
|Desautels Faculty of Management||24,96,818|
MBA Marketing Scope
MBA Marketing has openings in a variety of positions for both new and experienced applicants. Freshers can work as Brand Managers, Sales Managers, and Digital Marketing Managers, while experienced professionals can work as Marketing Executives, Marketing Managers, Marketing Specialists, and Business Analysts.
Consultant, International Finance Manager, Export Coordinator, and Management Consultant are some of the designations available to MBA Marketing students.
MBA Marketing Jobs
MBA Marketing gives freshers competitive pay that ranges between INT 20,000 to 60,000 per month. Brand manager, sales manager, public relations manager, digital marketing, marketing executive, marketing specialist, and many other professions are available to MBA Marketing applicants.
MBA Marketing Fresher Jobs
MBA Marketing graduates are eligible to apply for fresher job jobs in the field. Advertising, consulting, retail, banking, tourism, digital media, entertainment, and many other fields seek MBA marketing freshers. The starting compensation for freshers, according to Quikr, is INR 20,000.
|Job Profile||Salary (per month)|
|Retail Marketing Fresher||INR 20,000|
|Marketing Executive||INR 25,000|
|Marketing Field Executive||INR 27,000|
|Digital Marketer||INR 25,000|
|Digital Marketing Executive||INR 35,000|
|Digital Marketing Entrepreneur||INR 50,000|
MBA Marketing Government Jobs
MBA marketing professionals can also find work in the government sector, such as in the Department of Defense.
|Top Government Companies||Job Roles||Salary (per annum)|
|State Bank of India||Manager||INR 7,00,000|
|National Fertilizers Limited||Management Trainee||INR 3,00,000|
|Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission Recruitment||Marketing Assistant||INR 6,00,000|
|Solar Energy Corporation of India||Senior Manager||INR 8,50,000|
MBA Marketing Salary in India
MBA Marketing candidates can choose from a variety of job opportunities. The amount of a raise or increment is determined by an individual’s talents and experience.
|Job Profiles||Lowest Salary Offered||Highest Salary Offered|
|Business Development Executive||INR 1.74 LPA||INR 5.57 LPA|
|Marketing Manager||INR 2.91 LPA||INR 20 LPA|
|Media Planner||INR 2.33 LPA||INR 8.4 LPA|
|Sales Manager||INR 2.45 LPA||INR 10 LPA|
|Product Manager||INR 8.84 LPA||INR 15 LPA|
|Asset Manager||INR 2.59 LPA||INR 10 LPA|
|Digital Marketing Manager||INR 3.2 LPA||INR 15 LPA|
MBA in Sales & Marketing: Skills Required
The top skills required for an MBA in Marketing are as follows:
|Interpersonal skills||Interpersonal skills are essential for anyone in a leadership role and to inspire others to make a difference between success and failure. It can be for clients, peers or any other person working for/with you.|
|Strategic thinking||To think out of the box and move from a functional role to a “Bigger picture”.|
|Entrepreneurial skills||This skill will be able to spot a gap in the market and judge whether it is worth filling the creativity and technical understanding for the dynamic growth of the organization.|
|Communication skills||Able to manage the communication across all the levels.|
|Leadership skills||A good leader or manager will possess leadership skills that will inspire those who work with them and around them.|
|Other skills||The other skill sets are negotiating skills, analytical thinking, defining target audiences, marketing plans, time management, and many more.|
Top companies hiring MBA in Sales & Marketing graduates
Not just multiple job options, MBA in marketing can get you to some of the best organisations to work with across the globe. Here is the list of Top MBA-recruiting companies on business school campuses:
- Bain & Company
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Morgan Stanley
- Walt Disney
Top Books for MBA Marketing Subjects
The books listed below will undoubtedly aid you in your examination of this course study.
- Marketing Management – Philip Kotler
- Marketing Ethics – George G. Brenkert
- Consumer Behaviour – Schiffman and Kanuk
- Principles of Marketing – Philip T Kotler and Gary Armstrong
- Rural Marketing – Pradeep Kashyap
MBA in Marketing FAQs
Ans. MBA in Marketing has a wide range of employment opportunities, including executive and managerial roles in top-tier firms all around the world. Candidates who complete an MBA in Sales and Marketing can pursue a career as a Brand Manager, Product Manager, Head of Digital Marketing, Sales Manager, and other lucrative positions.
Ans. Yes, an MBA in Sales and Marketing can be pursued after completing a BA or any other bachelor’s degree with a minimum aggregate score of 50%. Anyone interested in pursuing an MBA in Sales and Marketing or any other MBA concentration must have completed their undergraduate studies and passed any national, state, or university-level management admission exams like the CAT, GMAT, XAT, SNAP, MAH CET, TSICET, MAT, and others.
Ans. Yes, an MBA in Sales and Marketing can lead to a variety of professional alternatives other than sales. After earning an MBA in Sales & Marketing, candidates will have a plethora of attractive and well-paid work opportunities. After finishing an MBA in Sales & Marketing, students are not limited to sales and marketing-related jobs. Aside from that, there are several work opportunities in industries such as retail, tourism, banking, media, hospitality, and advertising.
Ans. Depending on the institute, the average fees for an MBA in Sales & Marketing might range from INR 7 to 28 lakhs per year. The average fees for an MBA course with any concentration, including an MBA in Sales and Marketing, in India’s best MBA colleges, can range from INR 23 to 30 lakhs per year, depending on whether the institution is private or public.
Ans. A fresher’s typical beginning salary after completing an MBA in Marketing and Sales can range from INR 12 to 25 LPA, based on a variety of factors such as the candidate’s specialities, region, and so on. Most of India’s top MBA universities provide excellent employment possibilities, with typical placement packages ranging from INR 30 to INR 45 depending on the institute.
Ans. There are several National and Multinational Companies that hire graduates with MBA in Marketing. Some of the top recruiters that hire MBA in Marketing graduates are listed below:
Bain & Company