MBA in Event Management Course is a two-year postgraduate programme that prepares students to develop, manage, and execute a variety of events, including award ceremonies, political rallies, fashion shows, and official gatherings.
There are a variety of event management courses available, including Event Management Certificate Courses and Event Management Courses for students in grades 10 and 12. A specialisation in event management requires an MBA in event management, and the student must be a graduate from a recognised university with a minimum grade of 50%.
To get into one of the best MBA in Event Management schools, however, one must first pass the MBA Entrance tests, which are followed by a GD and PI round. The cost of an MBA in Event Management varies from one college to the next, ranging from INR 2,00,000 to INR 15,00,000.
MBA in event management programmes can lead to jobs with beginning salaries of up to INR 10,00,000 per year.
Table of Contents
All About the MBA in Event Management
- One of the most cutting-edge and rapidly growing fields of business and management is an MBA in Event Management.
- This course is popular among people interested in working in the entertainment and advertising industries.
- Other courses include Online Event Management Courses, Free Event Management Courses, Diploma in Event Management, and BBA in Event Management, in addition to the MBA in Event Management.
- General Event Managers, Event Managers, Event Management Trainees, Client Service Executives, and Junior Sales Managers are some of the job profiles for freshers in the Event Management industry.
- Employees with an MBA in Event Management can advance to senior event managers, general event organisers, project management directors, and senior project managers.
- Hotels, hospitality, family gatherings, political events, banking, IT firms, manufacturing, entertainment, and government positions are all areas where MBA in Event Management candidates are sought.
- According to Glassdoor, MBA in Event Management applicants can earn up to INR 8,00,000 per year as freshers in government positions.
- MBA graduates can earn up to $110,000 per year in the private sector.
Eligibility for MBA in Event Management
The duration of MBA in Event Management courses is two years full time, and candidates must be able to meet the following requirements in order to be admitted to this programme:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university/college in any field with an overall grade point average of 40 percent to 50 percent.
- Candidates in their last year of study may apply, but admission will be contingent on achieving a minimum of 50% in their final year of study and passing entrance exams.
- The candidate must pass the MAT/CAT/XAT entrance exam in order to be considered for a position.
MBA in Event Management Admission Process
There are two ways to apply for MBA in Event Management programmes. Either through national and private entrance tests, or through direct admission based on qualifying exam results.
- In the event of direct admission to colleges such as Sage University, after completing the application form, a merit list is generated based on graduation grades, and students are invited to the GD and PI rounds.
- Top MBA in Event Management universities in India, such as PIMR, Bhopal, Amity Global Business School, and others, demand results from entrance exams such as the CAT/MAT/CMAT, among others. Candidates may be required to take university entrance exams, followed by GD and PI rounds, at these colleges.
How to get admission for MBA in Event Management?
Because an MBA in Event Management is a postgraduate degree, candidates must meet the prerequisites.
- Students must receive a 50 percent grade in order to graduate, while a 60 percent grade is required for students who seek to be admitted to universities using merit-based admission methods.
- Following the admission tests, students must prepare well for their GD and PI rounds.
- Make a list of the institutions you wish to attend and research their admissions procedures.
- Fill out the appropriate institute’s application form, pay the fee, and wait for the college to notify you.
MBA in Event Management Entrance Exams at a Glance
- Any entrance exam lasts between 2 and 3 hours.
- Exams can be taken both online and offline.
- There are both MCQ and lengthy questions on the entrance exam question papers.
- Quantitative ability, data interpretation, and logical reasoning are all tested, as well as verbal aptitude and reading comprehension.
MBA in Event Management Syllabus
Both core and elective subjects are covered in the MBA in Event Management curriculum. Throughout the course, students participate in numerous Event Workshops, Event Practicals, Projects, Industry Facilitated Guest Lectures, Communication, and Grooming Sessions as part of the curriculum.
The MBA in Event Management syllabus is listed below each semester.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Qualitative Technique||Human Resource Management|
|Economics and Management Decisions||Research Methodology and Applied Statistics|
|Business Communication and Negotiation Skills||Consumer Behaviour and Brand Management|
|Marketing Management||IT for Event Management|
|Organization Behaviour||Event Planning|
|Principles of Event Management||Marketing Communication for Special Event|
|Financial Accounting||Financial Management|
|Semester 2||Semester 4|
|Advertising Management||Cross Cultural Management|
|Event Production and Logistics||Public Relations|
|Event Marketing Campaign||Culture and Entertainment|
|Budgeting and Costing of Events||Entrepreneurship|
|Event Campaign||Event Risk Management|
|Management Information Systems||Dissertation II|
|Sales Promotion and Brand Management||Internship|
|Event Management (Corporate and Social)||–|
Top MBA in Event Management Colleges
There are over 5000 MBA colleges in the United States, and the majority of them offer an MBA in Event Management. We have represented the best MBA in event management colleges in India and abroad at this event.
Top MBA in Event Management Colleges in India
We’ve compiled a list of the best MBA in Event Management colleges in India, along with details such as course fees, location, and annual packages available.
|Name of the Institute||Average Course Fee|
|Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship Development (IMED)||INR 2,25,00|
|Sage University||INR 500,000|
|Amity Global Business School||INR 3,90,000|
|Lovely Professional University||INR 3,04,000|
|Adamas University||INR 2,51,400|
|Tritya Institute Of Event Management – [TIEM]||INR 1,50,000|
|All India Institute Of Management Studies – [AIIMAS]||INR 60,000|
|University Of Engineering And Management (UEM)||INR 2,61, 500|
MBA in Event Management Colleges Abroad
MBA in Event Management is not just for Indians. It also has an equal number of opportunities abroad. The following are some of the best colleges in the world that offer Event Management courses:
|College Name||Average Annual Fees(INR)|
|Oklahoma City University||14,33,602|
|University of Central Florida||11,81,410|
|Florida International University||9,75,838|
|University of Greenwich||15,26,108|
|University College Birmingham||12,84,603|
|George brown College||12,18,200|
MBA in Event Management Career Options and Job Prospects
After earning an MBA in event management, graduates can either work for a corporation or start their own business. Because skilled event managers are always in demand at all organisations, the event management business offers a wide range of job opportunities. Many industries in the event management industry use well-qualified event managers. Candidates are encouraged to apply to any of the organisations. Candidates will be a member of a huge team that organises events such as seminars, fashion shows, corporate events, product launches, exhibitions, weddings, family gatherings, press meetings, concerts, award ceremonies, birthday parties, adventure tours and events, among others. Candidates can learn more about the event business and then apply for jobs that interest them.
- Social Gathering
- Wedding Planning (Wedding Management)
- Birthday Parties
- Annual Picnics
- Training Programs
- Award Functions
- Education Fairs
- College Events
- Training Programs
- Annual Sports
Exhibitions & Fairs
- Property Exhibitions
- Jobs Fair
- Electronic Fairs
Marketing & Promotions
- Ad Campaigns
- Road Shows
- Product Launches
- Promotion Activities
- Movie Promotions
- Music Video Release
- Celebrity Nights
- Fashion Shows
- Stage Shows
- Beauty Pageant Contest
Besides this, candidates may apply for any job profile as provided below.
- Management Trainee
- Accounts Executive/Accountant
- Coordinator/Event Management
- Business Development Executive
- Office Assistant/Customer Care Executive
MBA in Event Management Jobs
Students are hired in a variety of reputable firms after completing their MBA in Event Management Jobs, including Tata Motors Ltd, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, L & T, Bajaj Auto Ltd, ICICI, HDFC, Ashok Leyland Ltd, and Redington India Ltd.
The following are the remuneration packages available to MBA in Event Management candidates.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary (INR)|
|Event Manager||An Event Manager is the one who is responsible to undertake all the duties of an event. Right from making all the arrangements, conducting the event to taking the feedback post the event, this professional does it all.||6 LPA|
|Public Relation Officer||A Public Relation Officer usually is responsible for maintaining a cordial relationship between the company and the clients. They deliver all the messages and communications between both parties, ensuring the needs of both parties get fulfilled.||5.5 LPA|
|Promotion and Advertise Officer||The day to day activities of these professionals is to create and execute ideas on how to promote and advertise any upcoming events to get the best public reach.||4.5 LPA|
|Marketing Manager||Marketing Manager remains involved in the marketing of the events to the existing clients as well by holding new clients. They ensure good reach to the company, fulfills the need of the customers and maintains cash flow.||5 LPA|
|Events Promotion Manager||Events Promotion Manager makes sure to promote the events on all the platforms. These professionals engage into the promotional activity of an event right from the planning stage and enhance it on the conducting stage. They also conduct after feedback sessions to improve the upcoming events.||4 LPA|
|Media Planning Manager||Any event barely works without media, and Media Planning Managers are the one dealing with different media groups to ensure that they are giving good coverage of the event in their media platform.||5.5 LPA|
Government Jobs for MBA in Event Management
Some government organisations, according to Glassdoor, hire MBAs in Event Management every year. MBA graduates in government sectors can expect to earn between INR 4,00,000 and INR 25,00,000.
|Name of Company||Job Roles||Salary Per Annum|
|CEIL||Technical Manager||INR. 4,00,000 – 16,00,000|
|CDRI||Technical Assistant||INR. 7,00,000 – 21,00,000|
|IRFC||Group General Manager||INR. 9,00,000|
Private Jobs for MBA in Event Management
|Companies||Job Roles||Salary per Annum|
|IDIB||Advertising and Promotion Manager||INR. 4,00,000|
|Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd||Insurance Booth Organizer||INR. 4,15,000|
|Bajaj Auto, TVS Motors, KTM||Promotional Stun Shows Manager||INR. 6.70,000|
|Amit University, VIT University, WizCraft||Event Management Manager||INR. 7,80,000|
|IT Companies||Senior Business Analyst||INR. 10,00,000|
Top Recruiters for MBA in Event Management
|DNA Networks Pvt Ltd||360 degrees||Cineyug Entertainment|
|Percept D Mark||Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt Ltd||E-Factor|
|Sita Conferences||Cox and King||Tafcon Group|
|Sercon||Fountainhead Transmedia||TCI Consultancy Services and ‘e’ Events|
Areas of Recruitment for MBA in Event Management
MBAs in Event Management have a lot of job opportunities in a variety of fields.
- Product-based companies
- Event Management Companies
- Government Sectors
- Educational Institutions
- Hospitality division
- Healthcare department
- Banking sector
- IT Companies
- Facility Management Services
- Manufacturing industry
- Family events
MBA in Event Management Scope
After finishing an MBA in Event Management programme, candidates can choose between two options. Individuals might enrol in a higher education programme or seek employment. Both have been discussed in detail below.
- Higher education has a lot of potential for MBA in Event Management students because it will allow them to undertake research and earn high-paying jobs in the same field.
- Aside from getting a job and pursuing a career in the above-mentioned profession, one can consider further education.
- In such instances, taking a management MPhil/PhD programme is the ideal option.
- According to statistics, a large percentage of graduates, 78.5 percent to be exact, choose to begin working immediately after completing their studies.
- 51.1 percent work in marketing, public relations, and sales.
- Graduates might begin their careers as trainees or interns under the supervision of an experienced Event Manager.
- Internships are available at every Event Management firm.
- The majority of event managers work for themselves and run their own businesses.
MBA in Event Management: FAQs
Ans. The most fundamental requirement for an MBA in Event Management is a Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised university with a minimum of 50% marks.
Ans. Depending on the college you choose, the admission process for an MBA in Event Management can be based on merit or entrance exams. GD and PI, on the other hand, are critical components of the admissions process.
Ans. CAT/MAT/GMAT/CMAT are some of the most popular entry tests for MBA in Event Management.
Ans. The average cost of an MBA in Event Management is between INR 2 and 3 lakhs per annum.
Ans. In India, the average MBA in Event Management pay is between INR 4 and 5 LPA.
Ans. DNA Networks Pvt Ltd is one of the top MBA in Event Management recruiters.
360 degrees, Cineyug Entertainment, Percept D Mark, Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt.Ltd, E-Factor, Sita Conferences, and more organisations
Ans. Job titles such as Event Manager, Public Relations Officer, Events Promotion Manager, Media Planning Manager, and others are among the most common MBA in Event Management careers in India.
Ans. In India, an MBA in Event Management can be used to apply for a variety of positions or to pursue one’s education by enrolling in one of the several MPhil/PhD in management programmes available.