The Fellow Program in Management (FPM) is a post-doctoral management program. This program has two goals: on the one hand, participants will be able to master the relevant methodological tools of management research; on the other hand, they will be able to advance the current body of management knowledge.
The FPM program, or Fellow Program in Management, is a four-year doctoral program in management specializations. It is thought to be the best degree for students who want to work in management or in academia in the future.
The program is divided into two parts. The first phase includes course work at the Fellow program level, followed by a comprehensive qualifying examination. Thesis work, on the other hand, entails preparing a thesis proposal, conducting the research specified in the proposal, developing the thesis, and examining it.
Information Systems, Business Policy, Human Resource Management, Innovation and Management in Education, Strategy, and other areas are among FPM’s specialties. Because FPM is a research program, IIM provides an excellent environment for the selected students to conduct advanced research, resulting in highly committed researchers who are trained in the most up-to-date methodologies and engaged in producing original research work.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Fellow Program in Management: An Overview
|Level of Course||Doctorate|
|Also referred as||Fellow Programme Management|
|Duration of Course||Course Duration of Fellow Programme in Management [FPM] is 4 Years.|
|Age limit||No age limit|
|Minimum Required Percentage||Minimum 50 % in any Masters programme or Minimum 50% in Undergraduate Engineering Programme|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 5-10 LPA|
|Other Similar Courses||PhD Master of Business Administration|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 6-10 LPA (Source:Payscale)|
|Roles of Employment||Business Development Manager, Operations Manager, Financial Writer, Management Representative, Relationship Manager, Professor etc|
|Employment Opportunities||HCL, IIM, IBM|
Fellow Program in Management Eligibility
Any one of the following qualifications is usually required for an FPM program:
- A post-graduate degree (or equivalent) in any stream with a 55% aggregate mark or equivalent CGPA
- Professional qualifications of ICWA, CA, and C.S. with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA
- Professional qualifications such as M.B.B.S. and LLB with 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA
- Engineering degrees with 60 percent aggregate marks or a 6.5 CGPA, such as B.Tech and B.E.
Fellow Program on Management Syllabus
The FPM curriculum is divided into mandatory and elective subjects. Below, under the respective modules, is a list of the mandatory subjects.
|First Module||Second Module||Third Module|
|Research Methodology (including SPSS)||Financial Econometrics||Data Collection and Dissemination: Methods and Techniques|
|Strategic Financial Management||Security Analysis and Portfolio Management||Computer Application in Qualitative and Quantitative Research|
|Optional Courses||Optional Courses||Behavioural Finance|
|Economics: Theory, Policy, and Applications||Financial Markets, Institutes, and Governance||Venture Capital and Entrepreneurial Finance|
|Financial and Cost Accounting||Corporate Tax Planning||Fixed Income Securities|
|Written Analysis and Communication||Advanced Corporate Finance||Financial Engineering|
|Economic Growth and Development||Micro Finance||Agri-Finance|
|Public Expenditure and Financial Administration||Corporate Restructuring and Valuation||Project Analysis, Evaluation, and Financing.|
Fellow Management Program Admission Procedure:
FPM admission is usually based on the Common Aptitude Test. Under the FPM program, most colleges offer multiple areas of specialization. Candidates must have a current CAT score. If a candidate has not taken the CAT, GMAT and GRE scores will be accepted.
- For students who do not have the required valid test scores, some colleges, such as IIM Bangalore, offer their own entrance exam as an alternative.
- In the case of IIM Ahmedabad, no test scores are required if the candidate is a PGP alumni of any IIM.
- For the FPM program, colleges such as IIM Indore hold their own entrance exams.
- GATE, CSIR, and UGC-JRF are some of the other widely accepted examination scores.
The Standard Application Process
Standardized tests are used by the majority of Indian Institutes of Management across the country. The steps to take are as follows:
- Online Registration: Go to the official website and create a login ID and password, then fill out the online application form.
- Filling Out the Form: Fill in your personal information, education, work experience, GATE/CAT/GMAT/GRE/NET score, and registration numbers, then upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee if one is required.
- Once you’ve finished filling out the application, make a note of your login credentials and keep a hard copy of your application fee for future reference.
- Candidates will be shortlisted and invited to an interview for final selection based on their CAT or standard test performance in lieu of CAT, academic background, and experience.
The Specific Application Procedure
IIM Bangalore, IIM Indore, and the Tata Institute of Social Sciences all have their own entrance exams for specific specializations, such as the IIMB Test or the Research Aptitude Test. The following are the steps to take in order to apply for these exams:
- Students must register online by providing their email address, phone number, and password, after which a login ID will be generated.
- Filling Out the Online Form: After receiving the login ID, candidates must complete the online form by providing personal and academic information. The course for which the test is to be given must be chosen. Upload all the required documents and images as well.
- Students must pay the application fee with a credit card, debit card, or net banking account.
- Application Form (PDF): Save and download the application form after successfully paying the application fee.
- Admit cards will be issued to eligible students based on the information provided in the application.
- Exam dates are announced by various conducting bodies after the admit card is received. To be admitted successfully, one must sit for the exam and pass it.
- Group Discussions and Personal Interviews: After that, the chosen candidates will be called for personal interview rounds.
Fellow Program in Management: Important Skills Required
To understand the tenets of the syllabus, academic reading and in-depth study of the course details are required. However, in a dynamic environment such as management studies, a specific set of skills is required to succeed in the industry after graduation. These abilities not only guarantee a good starting salary, but also provide a lot of room for advancement. Some of the skills that make someone the best candidate for the FPM course are listed below:
- Leadership skills
- Decision-making skills
- Time management
- Emotional intelligence
- Analytical skills
- Reasoning skills
- Communication skills
- Logistical skills
FPM in Different Institutes of Management in India
The FPM, or Fellow Program in Management, is a full-time, residential doctoral program. The program includes studies in a variety of management fields as well as some functional areas.
The program’s main goal is to train future scholars and assist them in becoming innovative and skilled researchers, as well as prepare them to teach in various fields of management. IIMs are the best management educational institutes in the country, with campuses across the country in various states. Examine the FPM program offered by various IIMs.
- FPM in IIM Ahmedabad: Ahmedabad’s Indian Institute of Management is widely regarded as the best IIM in India. The NIRF has consistently placed the institute at the top of the rankings. The FPM course is offered at the college, and candidates must be eligible to enroll. A master’s degree or a PG Diploma degree is required for admission. Aspirants with a B.tech or a four-year degree with a CGPA of 6.5 and CA/ICWA/CS qualifications with at least 55 percent aggregate scores are also eligible to apply. The average course fee at this institute is INR ten lakhs.
- FPM in IIM Kolkata: IIM Kolkata is one of India’s most prestigious as well as oldest IIMs. It also includes the FPM program, which offers a total of nine specializations. It is a full-time degree program that provides students with advanced research and studies in a variety of management fields. To pursue the FPM degree at IIM Calcutta, you must have completed your postgraduate studies with a minimum grade of 60% aggregate marks. ICWA, CS, and CA degree holders are also eligible to apply. IIM Calcutta charges an average of INR 27 LPA for pursuing the degree.
- FPM in IIM Bangalore: The Indian Institute of Management, or IIM Bangalore, is another of India’s top IIMs. Candidates must have a master’s degree or a 5-year integrated master’s degree with a minimum aggregate of 55 percent of bachelor’s and master’s marks to be eligible for this program at IIMB. Candidates with a professional qualification in ICWA, CA, or CS with a minimum score of 50% are also eligible to apply. The average cost of attending IIM Bangalore’s FPM program is INR 13 lakhs.
- FPM in IIM Lucknow: The Indian Institute of Management, or IIM, Lucknow, is also ranked first and is known for its FPM program. Candidates must have a master’s degree with an aggregate score of at least 55 percent to be considered for this course. Candidates with a CA/ICWA or CS degree will also be considered.Candidates must first pass the entrance exam and then pass the personal interview round in order to be selected. CAT, GATE, GRE, GMAT, JRF, SRF (UGC), CSIR, ICAR) are the entrance exams accepted for the exams.
- FPM at IIM Indore: A Fellow Program in Management is also available at the Indian Institute of Management, or IIM, Indore. Candidates seeking admission to this program must pass the MBA entrance exams and will be chosen in the PI round. The FPM course at IIM Indore has a total of 30 students.For this program, the institute offers a total of eight different specializations. The prerequisite for this course at IIT Indore is that you have earned a master’s degree in the relevant field with a 60 percent aggregate score. Candidates with an ICWA, CS, or CA degree with a minimum score of 50% are also eligible to apply. This course will cost you INR 50,000 in total.
- FPM at IIM Rohtak: Rohtak’s Indian Institute of Management, or IIM, is also among India’s top-ranked IIMs. The FPM program at IIM Rohtak is a part-time distance education program. This institute’s tuition fees for FPM are INR 220,000, while the average course fee is INR 6.50 lakhs. A master’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 55 percent from a recognized educational institute is required for admission to this program. ICWA, CS, and CA degree holders with a minimum aggregate score of 50% are also eligible to apply. This college accepts the CAT, GRE, GATE, UGC-NET, and GMAT as entrance exams.
- FPM at IIM, Udaipur: IIM Udaipur is also one of the best IIMs, particularly for its FPM program. It is a three-to five-year degree program that takes place on campus. At IIM Udaipur, FPM eligibility is the same as at the other IIMs, requiring a minimum of 60% aggregate marks at the post-graduate level. Individuals with a CS, CA, or ICWA degree may also apply. For this program, valid RAT/GMAT/CAT/GRE/JRF scores are accepted.
- FPM at IIM Kashipur: IIM Kashipur also offers an FPM degree to candidates. It is located in Uttarakhand and offers a total of eight different specializations. It is a three-year, full-time program that takes place on campus. The program has a maximum completion time of 6 years. Candidates must have either a master’s degree with 60 percent aggregate marks or an ICWA, CS, or CA degree to be eligible for this IIM. This educational institute accepts the CAT, GATE, GRE, GMAT, and IIMB as entrance exams.
- FPM at IIM Tiruchirappalli: IIM Tiruchirappalli is another well-known IIM in India. This institute’s FPM program lasts four years, and candidates can choose from a variety of specializations. Gaining 50% and 60% graduation marks in bachelor’s and master’s degrees, respectively, is the eligibility criteria for pursuing the course at this institute. ICWS, CS, and CA degree holders are also eligible to apply. The entrance exams accepted by this institute are NET/UGC-JRF/CAT/GMAT. Candidates can apply for the FPM programme at IIM Tiruchirappalli by passing these exams. The total cost of the FPM program at IIM Tiruchirappalli is INR 1 lakh.
- FPM at IIM Kozhikode: IIM Kozhikode is one of India’s most prestigious management schools. Candidates can choose from eight different specializations available. Candidates with a minimum grade point average of 55 percent in either a master’s degree or a postgraduate diploma are eligible to apply. ICWS, CA, and CS degree holders are also eligible. GMAT, CAT, GRE, and IIMB are the entrance exams that candidates can take to get into this program at IIM Kozhikode. The candidates will be chosen in the end based on their performance in the PI round. At IIM Kozhikode, the average fee for FPM is INR 9.
Fellow Program in Management: Focus Areas
- A full-time doctoral degree in management studies, the FPM, is a full-time doctoral degree in management studies. Fellowship Program in Management is the full form of FPM.
- The course is well-structured to give students in-depth knowledge of finance, project management, operations management, behavioral finance, tax planning, and security analysis, among other topics.
- The FPM course covers both core and elective subjects and takes both a theoretical and practical approach. Students who complete the FPM program find work in a variety of fields after graduation.
- Relationship Manager, Financial Writer, Management Associate, Business Consultant, Insurance Underwriter, and other job roles are available after FPM completion.
Fellow Program in Management: Top Institutes
The following are some of the top FPM institutes according to the India Today Rankings:
|Name of the Institute||Place||Average Annual Fees|
|Indian Institute of Management||Bangalore||INR 13 lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Management||Ahmedabad||INR 10 lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Management||Kolkata||INR 13 lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Management||Lucknow||INR 12 lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Management||Indore||INR 10 lakhs|
|Xavier’s Labor Relations Institute||Jamshedpur||INR 5.5 lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Management||Kozhikode||INR 9 lakhs|
|Management Development Institute||Gurugram||INR 6.23 lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Management||Udaipur||INR 9 lakhs|
Fellow Program in Management: Suitable Candidates
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills because they will be dealing with people throughout their course and career.
- If you want to advance in your academic career, increase your salary, or find a stable job in academia, this course is for you.
- They must also possess the necessary mathematical and analytical skills for the course.
- They should have managerial abilities, time-management skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Fellow Program in Management: Preparation Plan
Aspirants to the course should be well prepared for the syllabus’s various demands. Practice and mock practice should be done on a regular basis to ensure that the students have a practical understanding of the course. Some preparation tips for the FPM course are listed below.
- Regular Practice: Practicing all of the important concepts in the course syllabus on a regular basis. The importance of both core and elective subjects should be equal.
- Mock Practice: Graduates with a problem-solving mindset are in high demand in the professional world. The candidates benefit from mock practice of some of the industry’s problems in order to better understand the concepts.
- Time Management: The four-year or eight-semester course necessitates a laborious approach. Furthermore, learning time management at the foundational level of the course will only benefit them in the professional world, which places a premium on time management.
A Fellow Program in Management: A Comparison among Institutes
The table below compares the Indian Institute of Management, Xavier’s Labor Relations Institute, and the Indian School of Business, as well as other top FPM colleges:
|Basis of Comparison||Indian Institute of Management||Xavier’s Labour Relations Institute||Indian School of Business|
|Place||All over India||Jamshedpur||Hyderabad|
|Institute Ranking||Top 10 in India Today||7th in India Today||Unranked in Management Category|
|Eligibility Criteria||A professional qualification, such as CA, ICWA, or CS, with a minimum of 50% marks; Bachelor’s degree (10+2+4) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 Obtaining a Master’s Degree||A master’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline with a grade point average of at least 55 percent; BE/B.Tech degree or its equivalent with at least 60% marks; five-year/four-year Integrated Master’s Degree program; BE/B.Tech degree or its equivalent with at least 60% marks||A master’s degree or a four-year bachelor’s degree is required; GMAT / GRE / CAT / JRF score that is valid; A TOEFL score (within the last two years) Three recommendation letters|
|Process of Admission||IIMB Test / CAT||Xaviers Aptitude Test||CAT|
|Average Course Fees||INR 9 to 13 lakhs||INR 5.5 lakhs||INR 8 lakhs|
|INR 24.54 LPA||INR 24.35 LPA||INR 22.14 LPA|
|Top Hiring Firms||Genpact, Infosys Consulting, ITC Infotech, Sterlite Quantiphi, Accenture,Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Bank of America, Citibank, PWC, Reliance Foundation||Accenture Strategy, Microsoft, Amazon, P&G, Aditya Birla Group, ITC, Avendus Capital, Boston Consulting Group,Standard Chartered, Capgemini ELITE,Hindustan Unilever, KPMG, PWC||Aditya Birla Group, ABP News Network Pvt. Ltd., Reliance,Infosys, KPMG|
Fellow Program in Management: Areas of Specializations
FPM specializations come in a variety of forms. The following are the top five specializations:
- The application of quantitative methods and information technology to business problems is what Decision Sciences is all about. In addition, research is carried out in order to develop new methodologies for specific problems.
- International Trade, Monetary Economics, Labor Economics, Game Theory, and Migration are among the topics covered by Economics and Social Sciences.
- Entrepreneurship: This category includes research on a broad range of theoretical perspectives in entrepreneurship, research methods and tools, and specific topics covering various contexts in which the entrepreneurship phenomenon is observed and practiced.
- Finance and Accounting: Among other things, the course has an impact on asset pricing, financial management, and financial reporting theories.
- This course will cover topics such as B2B marketing, consumer behavior, retailing, sales and distribution management, and more.
Fellow Program in Management: Top Profiles
The course provides a fantastic opportunity for people who want to pursue a career in academia. It also gives you the option of working in both the corporate and academic worlds. Following the course, one should expect to develop the following qualities:
- The ability to plan, develop strategies, and come up with new ideas.
- to be able to manage and supervise research projects.
- To assist management firms and organizations in India in resolving issues.
They are hired for positions such as:
- Logistics and Customer Service Officer
- Development Manager, etc.
- Assistant Manager (Marketing)
- Management Representative
- financial management advisory
- Relationship Manager
- Management Executive
- Reliance Brands Limited
- AIM Technical and Management Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Britannia Industries Ltd., etc.
- HCL Infosystems Ltd.
- Greytip Software Pvt. Ltd.
The table below gives you an idea of the types of jobs you might be able to get after finishing FPM.
|Position of Job||Description of Job||Average Salary|
|Management Executive||Purchasing, hiring, training, quality control, and day-to-day supervisory duties are among the responsibilities.||INR 60 lakhs|
|Relationship Manager||Dealing with individual retail customers and assisting them with various banking and financial products is part of the job description.||INR 3.4 lakhs|
|Financial Management Advisory||Financial Management Advisors assist their clients in achieving both short- and long-term financial objectives.||INR 3.02 lakhs|
|Management Representative||They are in charge of customer service, quality control, and reporting to top management officials.||INR 5.75 lakhs|
Some other important areas of Employment
- Relationship Manager
- financial management advisory
- Assistant Manager, Marketing
- HCL Infosystems Ltd.-Noida
- Britannia Industries Limited-Hyderabad
- A Wealth Management Executive
- Greytip Software Pvt. Ltd.-Bengaluru
- Reliance Brands Limited-Mumbai
- Business Development Manager
- Management Representative
- Educational Institutions
- AIM Technical & Management Services Pvt. Ltd.-Mumbai
- Management Executive
- Logistics and Customer Service Officer
Fellow Program in Management: Benefits and Scope
The FPM program is designed to improve candidates’ research skills in all areas of business management. Furthermore, pursuing FPM aids candidates in producing publishable work that meets international standards, as well as developing an understanding of the global business landscape. Candidates can find a lot of room to grow and nurture themselves in both national and international markets with this. Candidates can gain access to MNCs and other reputable companies after completing FPM. Candidates can choose between lectureships and research, as well as private jobs at senior management levels, where they can obtain positions such as:
- Relationship Manager,
- Logistics and Customer Service Officer
- Development Manager
- Assistant Manager (Marketing)
- management executive,
- Financial Management Advisory,
- management representative,
- This Doctorate program allows you to keep up with the ever-expanding frontiers of knowledge while also providing research training relevant to the country’s current social and economic goals.
- They can work as construction managers, planning, coordinating, budgeting, and supervising construction projects from start to finish.
- Candidates can also work as principals in elementary, middle, and high schools, where they will supervise teachers and other school personnel. They oversee the day-to-day operations of elementary, middle, and high schools from this location.
- Individuals who find a niche in the field of management can make a lot of money. It’s difficult to comprehend the inner workings and demands of various organisations. Many prestigious organisations, on the other hand, value the ability to provide real-time solutions to management challenges. An FPM graduate’s average salary ranges from INR 6-10 LPA.
- Many of the jobs available after FPM have a good starting salary. This is because real-time solutions to management problems are in high demand all over the world. Candidates with the right attitude and skill-set can advance to even higher levels of pay over time.
Students and professionals interested in advanced research and academics (including teaching) are the best candidates for this program. The applicant should have strong academic abilities, a research aptitude, and excellent analytical skills. He or she must be sufficiently motivated to withstand the rigors of the Fellow Program.
Although it is not required, the course work provides an understanding of relevant management fields. To match the area requirements, different areas prefer students from various backgrounds.
Students are permitted to seek employment after successfully completing their proposal presentations and are expected to defend their final theses within the next six months. Prior to their final thesis defense, students seeking employment must obtain a “no objection” certificate from their DAC (Dissertation Advisory Committee) Chairperson.
The FPM is a full-time, four-year program. You will take basic management courses for the first two years of the program. The years after that are devoted to research and finishing your doctoral dissertation. The FPM is a full-time, residential program that does not offer part-time or online options.
An exemption from a course may be granted if you demonstrate advanced knowledge in a particular area. Exemption requests are forwarded to the course coordinator and must be accepted by the FPM Dean. Substitute coursework may be proposed if approved.
A strong educational background (excellent grades and test scores), outstanding intellectual capabilities, creativity, ability to converse effortlessly in English, potential to engage in high-quality research, a high level of motivation and drive to become a scholar in management, and strong recommendations from faculty members to support your potential for success in business academia should all be presented in addition to meeting the requirement.
No. If they want to work as a research and teaching assistant (RTA), they must assist faculty members in their area of work, for which they will be paid an additional stipend per course starting in their third year.
No, those who have earned a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from one of the IIMs are exempt from taking any qualifying exams. Executive PGDM holders from IIM are also exempted in the same way.
No, there are no age restrictions.
You can still apply if you took CAT within the last three years. Depending on your area of specialization, you may also qualify using the GRE, GATE, GMAT, UGC-NET/JRF, or IIMB Test.