The DIT programme, or Diploma in Information Technology, is a three-year programme. Electrical components, telecommunication, signal processing, control systems, electric power control, and radio engineering are taught to candidates pursuing a Diploma in Electronic Engineering.
10+2 Level certification from any recognised board is required as a minimum eligibility criterion. Admission to this programme is competitive and based on a combination of merit and entrance exams. Some institutions, on the other hand, may require an interview before granting admission.
In India, course fees for Diploma in Information Technology Colleges range from 5,000 to 35,000 INR at government colleges and from 15,000 to 1.5 lakhs INR at private colleges. Candidates who compete in the Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) competition can earn between 2.5 and 6.5 lakhs per year.
Diploma in Information Technology Quick facts
The following are some of the course’s highlights:
|Level of Course||Graduate|
|Course Duration||6-12 months|
|Criteria for Eligibility||A Student should have passed class 10th. The course can also be pursued after 12th, and with maths as their subject of studies.|
|Course fees||INR 8000-90,000|
|Process of Admission||Direct admissions to the college.|
|Average starting salary||2.5 lakh-6 lakh|
|Type of Examination||Yearly level|
|Companies Recruiting||TCS, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, BSNL, Vodafone, TATA, Infotech, Infosys ASUS, Cisco Systems, National Instruments, Cypress Semiconductor Tech. Ltd, BEL, Unisys, Qualcomm, Tata Elxsi, Sasken Communications, Airtel.|
|Job profiles||IT program, IT specialist, IT programmer, technical consultant, web developer, ICT system administrator, computer network professional, and others.|
Diploma in Information Technology Admission Process
Admission to Diploma programmes is also based on merit and entrance exams.
Diploma in Information Technology Eligibility
- Applicants who have passed the Matriculation or equivalent examination in Mathematics, Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology), and English are eligible to take the test.
- Applicants who has appeared for the qualifying examination but whose result has not been declared may be admitted provisionally to the Joint Entrance Test; however, if he or she fails to qualify in the qualifying examination or fails to produce proof of qualification at the time of counselling, his or her candidature will be cancelled. Such candidates will have no claim to be admitted to any course.
- You should register for entrance exams based on the college you want to attend. The application forms, as well as the deadlines, are available on the official website.
- Keep your documents handy at the time of registration, especially those pertaining to your educational qualifications and personal information.
- Follow the instructions provided by the exam conducting authority, which provides general guidelines on how the exam will be conducted and the etiquette that students must adhere to.
- Visit the websites of the colleges you are interested in to learn about any additional procedures that must be followed in order to participate in the admissions process.
Entrance Exam based
- Colleges handle admissions on an individual basis, so you can check the admissions process on the website of the college you want to attend. In general, admissions are granted based on your educational qualification’s final mark sheet. To meet the eligibility requirements, the candidate must have completed the 10th grade.
- Science and mathematics are required subjects for all students. Class 10t percentage values are used here because your class X score can help you get into a good college.
- In most cases, the admissions process is completed in the months of April and June. The application forms, as well as all admission-related questions, are available on the college’s website.
- The state exam conducting authority administers a variety of entrance exams in order to gain admission to various state colleges. To learn more, go to the official websites of the entrance exams.
Diploma in Information Technology Syllabus
Information Technology course syllabus as prescribed by various universities and colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||English and Communication Skills I|
|2||Applied Mathematics I|
|3||Applied Physics I|
|4||Applied Chemistry I|
|5||Engineering Drawing I|
|6||Workshop Practice I|
|7||Basics of Information Technology|
|9||Computer Programming Using C|
|10||System Analysis and Design|
|12||Multimedia and Applications|
|14||Ecology and Environmental Awareness Camp|
Diploma in Information Technology Important Books
The following are the titles of several books that every student pursuing a Diploma in Information Technology must have as study material.
Several reference books are listed below that students may find useful –
|Information Technology in a Global Society for the IB Diploma||Stuart Gray|
|Information Technology, Data Communications & Electronic Banking||Iibf|
|Computer Fundamentals (WBSCTE)||Ashok Arora|
|Introduction to Information Technology||Rajaraman, V|
Diploma in Information Technology Scope
Following completion of the Diploma course. One can continue their education and pursue a Postgraduate or Ph.D. degree. It will help them improve their language skills and provide them with additional knowledge. Graduates can work in both the public and private sectors.
PG Diploma/MBA: If a student wishes to continue in the same field of education, a PGDM is the next logical step. It is a two-year course with an eligibility requirement of a Diploma Degree in related disciplines. Additionally, see the Top PGDM/MBA Colleges in India.
PhD: Candidates interested in teaching can pursue a PhD following graduation. It is a three to five-year course with an entry requirement of a Diploma Degree in related disciplines.
Diploma in Information Technology College Comparison
The following table compares OPJS University-Churu to NIMS University.
|Parameters||OPJS University||NIMS University|
|Overview||OPJS University is a public university located in Rajasthan’s Churu district.||NIMS University is a self-financing medical and technical university in the Indian city of Jaipur. It is recognised by the University Grants Commission and was established by the government of India under the NIMS University Act 2008.|
|Level of Course||Diploma||Diploma|
|Course Duration||3 years||3 year|
|Process of Admission||Merit based/ Entrance exams based||Entrance based|
|Average Fee||INR 7,750 (1st year fees)||INR 8,304|
|Eligibility||10th with Science stream and Maths||10th With Science stream and entrance exam conducted by MSBTE|
|Average salary offered||INR 2 LPA to INR 4.5 LPA||INR 2.3 LPA to INR 5 LPAA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||TATA Power, Bajaj Electricals, TSC, IBM etc.||Wipro, Ericsson India Pvt Lmt, TATA Motors, Bajaj Auto etc.|
How to get Admission in a Good College?
- Ensure that you submit your application prior to the deadline.
- Before submitting the documents, ensure that they are current and accurate, and that they adhere to the provided instructions.
- Given that admission to Information Technology programmes is largely determined by entrance exams (at the national or college level), do not skimp on any aspect of the syllabus.
- Assure that you earn a high grade at graduation.
- Applicants who have been shortlisted will be contacted for a Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Therefore, plan accordingly and maintain your confidence.
Diploma in Information Technology Course Suitability
- Those interested in teaching at the higher degree level, i.e. college and university levels, in both private and public institutions, are a good fit.
- The course is appropriate for those who are interested in or desirous of pursuing a Diploma in Information Technology and related fields, among others.
- They should be conversant with information technology and other related terms, as this will benefit them throughout their career and course.
- They should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the necessary IT knowledge.
How is Diploma in Information Technology Course Beneficial?
- They can work in a variety of industries, including global exploration and production, marketing, supply and trading, refining and manufacturing, shipping and transportation, and security management.
- After completing the degree, they can find work not only in India, but also in other countries, as there are numerous multinational corporations that operate both in their home country and abroad.
- The Diploma course benefits applicants because it prepares them for further studies such as graduation and then a Master’s degree.
Diploma in Information Technology Tips for Entrance exams
The following are some steps that students can follow when preparing for the college entrance exam:
- Admissions to the Diploma in Information Technology programme are handled directly by the college, which means that your preparation should be based on the entrance exam.
- This degree is not required for an IT job in India, but it is appropriate for someone seeking specialisation in a particular field, or who desires in-depth knowledge in that field.
- Maintain the integrity of your documents and check the college’s admissions section for the documents required section.
Diploma in Information Technology Employment Areas
- VSNL & Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
- Colleges & Universities
- Sasken Communications
- Airtel & BSNL
- Qualcomm & Tata Elixi
- Hutchison & Vodafone
- ASUS & Cisco Systems
Diploma in Information Technology Job Types
- Assist. Manager
- Photoshop Designer
- Diploma Engineer
- Mainframe Developer
- Placement Officer
- Quality Inspector
- Information Systems Manager
- Solution Architect
- Training Coordinator
- Senior Technical Consultant
Diploma in Information Technology Jobs
The following is a list of the top jobs and their average salaries:
|Job Positions||Average Salary|
|Software developer||4-5 lacs|
|Graphic designer||3-4 lacs|
|IT Programmer||3-5 lacs|
|PSU jobs||3-4 lacs|
|IT assistant||2-4 lacs|
|Technical engineer||2-4 lacs|
|Technical consultant||4-6 lacs|
Diploma in Information Technology – FAQs
What are the type of questions asked by colleges taking admissions through entrances?
Generally, the paper is objective, with questions ranging from elementary math and science to class ten; most colleges admit students based on their class ten performance.
What is the role of information technology in an organization?
Information technology is responsible for establishing a company’s networks, developing and administering databases, and assisting employees with technical issues to ensure the organisation operates efficiently.
Is a diploma in IT a good option after 10th?
Yes, it is a good idea to pursue a diploma in information technology after completing the 10th grade because it is considered equivalent to the 12th grade and allows you to enter the job market and obtain a good job following the diploma.
What course can I opt for after completing a diploma in information technology?
You can pursue a bachelor’s degree in information technology/computer science; while the course is four years long, diploma students can complete it in three years.
Is it necessary to be from a maths background to pursue the diploma in IT?
Yes, mathematics and science as subjects or PCM as a stream in 11th grade are required to be eligible for the diploma course.
Is there any age limit to pursue a diploma?
No, there is no minimum age requirement for pursuing a diploma. To enrol in the course, candidates must have completed the tenth grade from a recognised board.
Are IT jobs in demand?
IT is a significant component of the technology industry, and as we enter the start-up era, demand continues to grow. Programmer, data analyst, software and hardware engineer, database administrator, and support specialist are all popular job titles.