The Diploma in Business Administration is a two-year course that focuses on various facets of business management and related important themes. Business management encompasses a broad range of responsibilities involved in the day-to-day running of a business. If you’re interested in expanding your knowledge and expertise in a variety of business fields, you may be wondering what a diploma in business administration is.
The majority of general business administration programs aim to equip students with the information and abilities necessary to succeed in any sector of business. You’re likely to be enrolled in classes on inspirational training, strategic design, managing stress, management of human resources, and strategy development. The training covers administration, planning, management, consultancy, as well as future risk and profitability circumstances. It assists in the maintenance of a business and also assists in the acquisition of management skills.
Candidates must have a minimum aggregate score of 50% -60% in 12th from a recognized Board in whatsoever stream or subject. There are a few universities that admit students based on their 12th-grade performance. Even though the course is offered after 10+2, it can be taken as a supplement to a UG or PG degree. The average fee for the degree in India is between INR 15,000 and INR 2 lakhs per annum, with the amount depending on the sort of institution providing the course.
Once completing the course, students can continue their education by pursuing a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree, or a doctorate, or they can choose from a variety of employment profiles such as Executive Assistant, Office Manager, and Various departments Sales Manager. A whole diverse set of abilities is advantageous in both your career and personal life. Knowing how to plan, budget, and minimize costs successfully may help you advance your job chances. Additionally, these skills can help ensure that your personal financial status becomes and remains solid over time, allowing you to live the lifestyle you wish.
Table of Contents
Course Overview for the Diploma in Business Administration
|Name||Diploma in Business Administration|
|Eligibility Criteria||12th grade with a minimum aggregate score of 50%-60% or graduation or master’s degree|
|Type of examination||Semester|
|Fees for Classes||INR 15,000 –INR 2 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 3 Lakhs – INR 6 Lakhs|
|Job role||Office Coordinator, Department Store Manager, Human Resource Manager Administrative|
Assistance, Office Assistant, etc.
|Top Hiring Companies||Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys Limited, Flipkart, Sapient Corporation, etc.|
Eligibility Criteria for the Diploma in Business Administration
- To be eligible for the Diploma course, candidates must have completed their 12th grade in any stream, their graduation, or their post graduation from a recognised institution.
- Candidates should ideally have a minimum aggregate mark of 50% to 60% at Intermediate level.
- Candidates who have earned their bachelor’s or master’s degrees are also eligible for this course since they will gain a better understanding of the course’s dimensions in a particular school.
What is the Diploma in Business Administration?
- The Diploma in Business Administration focuses on various management and leadership ideas and serves as an introduction to the world of business and administration.
- It covers a variety of managerial foundations in the areas of business planning, finance, human resources, operations, and marketing management.
- This two-year degree covers both the theoretical and practical aspects of business administration.
- With the training, students will have the ability to embrace business and management difficulties and develop an understanding of how to change them into opportunities.
- The course gives management training and attempts to improve the student’s thinking and accomplishments through various exposures.
Admissions to the Diploma in Business Administration
Acceptance to the Diploma in Business Administration program is determined by the institution’s merit list (based on the candidate’s 12th-grade grades. A few colleges, furthermore the eligibility criteria, may administer a personal or written examination as part of the admissions process.
- Students must visit the college’s official website and complete the application form.
- The admission process starts with the registration part where the candidate needs to fill the basic contact details and then the application form of the exam.
- The selection procedure begins with the registration phase, during which the candidate must provide essential contact details and then complete the exam application form.
- The registration form requests all key information and papers regarding the applicants.
- The application process is complete once the payments are paid.
Why pursue a diploma in business administration?
The curriculum discusses several of the specific benefits that students will receive as a result of completing this course. Several of the advantages are listed below:
- The Diploma in Business Administration is a one-year diploma programme that candidates can enrol at any stage.
- It is ideal for applicants who want to study basic business ethics and management abilities in a short period of time.
- It is useful for applicants who need to master basic business ethics and management abilities in a short amount of time.
- Candidates who are interested in pursuing a degree course in the future can enrol in these diploma programmes, which are offered in both normal and distance learning formats, as well as online and offline.
- Graduates of this programme can work as Administrative Assistants, Office Coordinators, Retail Chain Managers, Human Resource Managers, and Office Assistants, among other positions.
Syllabus for the Diploma in Business Administration
The following table lists the subjects covered in the course throughout the period of two years of instruction.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Management Accounting Principles and Practices of Management||Financial Management|
|Organizational Behavior||Production or Operations Management|
|Principles and Practices of Management||Human Resource Management|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Elective 1||Management Information Systems|
|Elective 3||Marketing Management|
|Business Law||Elective 2|
|Managerial Economics||Elective 4|
Top Colleges for a Business Administration Diploma
|College Name||Average Fees|
|ISBM University||INR 23,900|
|Galgotias University||INR 45,000|
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University||INR 2,500|
|Mahatma Gandhi University||INR 10,300|
|International Institute of Fashion Technology||INR 1,20,000|
|Madhya Pradesh Open University||INR 10,300|
|Lovely Professional University||INR 49,000|
|Subharti Institute of Management and Commerce||INR 36,600|
|National Institute of Management||INR 38,700|
|University of Mumbai||INR 1600|
|Education Institute of Management and Engineering Studies||INR 19,200|
Career Opportunities for a Business Administration Diploma
Following completion of the degree, students in Business Administration can choose from a variety of work opportunities based on their academic performance and acquired abilities. Educational institutions, government institutions, fire service management departments, corporate houses, restaurants, and so on are some of the regions.
Some of the career options available after earning a diploma in business administration are listed below:
|Job Role||Average Pay Package|
|Marketing Professionals||INR 5 Lakhs|
|Operation Head||INR 4.5 Lakhs|
|Business Consultant||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Sales Manager||INR 4 Lakhs|
|Strategic Business Planner||INR 8 Lakhs|
|Supply Manager||INR 2.5 Lakhs|
|Business Development Manager||INR 5 Lakhs|
Future Prospects for a Business Administration Diploma
- BBA is a three-year graduate degree programme that focuses on management theory, business practices, and other management components of company.
- MBA is a two-year post-graduate programme that aims to teach students about specific subjects, as well as requiring them to participate in rigorous providing training sessions.
Diploma in Business Administration FAQs
Yes, organizations like IGNOU and TNOU Madras University provide BBA via distance learning.
Absolutely, a Diploma in Business Administration is worthwhile for those who want to work in Business Administration as a teacher, trainer, or instructor. This is the first level of study before further education.
Entrepreneurial, Leadership, Strategic Thinking and Interpersonal Skills are essential for MBA professions.
These two courses are both of Ph.D. degree level and last for three to five years. The difference is that Business Administration focuses on various aspects of the business administration field such as biomechanics, athletic injuries, and recovery, whereas Sports Management focuses on the management aspects of sports.
Management courses are available in a variety of specialties, including BBA in Marketing, BBA in Human Resource Management, BBA in Finance, and so on.
For more courses, Click Here