CFA Course: The acronym CFA stands for Chartered Financial Analyst. The CFA Institute in the United States offers a globally recognized education. The CFA is widely regarded as the pinnacle of investment management and analysis, as well as one of the most prestigious degrees in financial services and management.
As a result of the country’s rapid industrialization and globalization, CFA jobs have seen an increase in India. Candidates who will be certified by the CFA Institute after passing the three levels of tests listed below:
- CFA Level 1
- CFA Level 2
- CFA Level 3
Exams are given at all three levels, with questions on economics, security analysis, accounting, and money management. The CFA test is held in June for all three levels. In December, the CFA Level 1 test is also held.
Individuals interested in a career in banking, corporate finance, or financial services will benefit from the CFA programme. Furthermore, after completing the course, individual practice becomes a possibility. Students do not need to attend regular classes to obtain a CFA because it is a self-study programme.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
CFA: Admission Process
The admissions process for the CFA certification course does not include entrance exams. In order to begin their course, candidates must first register with the CFA Institute. The following are some of the CFA program’s qualification or requirement requirements.
CFA Eligibility Criteria
Those interested in pursuing CFA must first complete certain eligibility requirements. The CFA eligibility criteria are mentioned in the space below.
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (regardless of discipline) before enrollment in a CFA course because it is a postgraduate credential.
- Students who are in their last year of a bachelor’s degree programme at the time of CFA registration are also eligible.
- At the time of registration, students should have at least four years of related work experience.
CFA Required Skill Set
The CFA exam is difficult, and the path to becoming a CFA charter holder puts one’s understanding of the subject, as well as their diligence, willpower, and endurance, to the test. Because CFA is a comprehensive career, passing all levels of tests is insufficient to offer certification, but not a skill set. To become a professional chartered financial analyst, you must have the relevant qualifications:
CFA Skill Set
|Excel Modeling Skills||Analytical Skills|
|Computer Skills||Decision Making Skills|
|Time Management Skills||Math Skills|
|Foundational investment skills||Integrity|
|Discipline||Attention to Detail|
|An eye to detail||Communication skills|
CFA Entrance Exam
To obtain a CFA certification, candidates must pass all three levels of the CFA Institute’s Chartered Financial Analyst Exam. Students who meet the institution’s qualifying requirements can enroll for level 1 of the CFA test. Only individuals who pass the CFA level 1 test are qualified for the CFA level 2 exam, and only those who pass the CFA level 2 exam are qualified for the CFA level 3 exam.
Every year in June, the level 2 and level 3 CFA exams are administered. The CFA level one exam is held twice a year, in June and December. The CFA level 1 test consists of 180 multiple choice questions that are administered on a computer. Within 60-90 days of the exam date, the CFA exam results are made accessible online.
Why Should You Study CFA?
The CFA programme is one of the most well-known business programs available. Individuals who complete a CFA course earn nearly the same amount of money and respect as those who complete a CA or CS course. Students with a CFA qualification are in high demand, and they will be able to work in a variety of financial institutions.
Some of the advantages of taking the CFA course include:
- A Worldwide Accreditation: The CFA Institute’s credential is recognized in over 165 countries throughout the world. The CFA Institute is widely regarded as the gold standard for financial professionals’ professional credentials.
- Future Job Opportunities in the Financial Sector: Total budget, mobile wallets, and mutual funds will be factors in expanding job opportunities in the financial sector. The investment market, notably the investment banking sector, is expected to grow from USD 102.84 billion in 2020 to USD 111.45 billion in 2022, reaching USD 137.97 billion in 2025. As a result, charter holders of the CFA will have a wide range of work opportunities in the future.
- Excellent Salary: A CFA student can expect to earn between INR 3,50,000 and INR 35,00,000 per year after finishing the program. A CFA Charter holder can earn INR 94,02,021 per year in the worldwide market, according to the CFA Institution.
- Career growth opportunities: CFA graduates are frequently hired in higher-level roles in the financial industry. The majority of CFA Charter holders are hired by the world’s biggest financial organizations, including JP Morgan Chase, UBS, RBC, Bank of America ML, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Morgan Stanley, and others, according to the CFA Institute. As a result, joining such an exclusive alumni network, which is active in the top organizations mentioned above, would not only help applicants achieve a great job, but also bring enjoyment in life.
- Opportunity to join an elite alumni network: According to the CFA Institute, there are only 178,000 CFA Charter holders from 162 nations worldwide. As a result, becoming a part of such an exclusive alumni association with top organizations would benefit applicants not only in terms of a successful career, but also in terms of job satisfaction. The CFA Course’s popularity has resulted in an increase in the number of CFA professionals all around the world. The number of CFA holders has been increasing at a rate of 7% per year.
- Increase financial skills: The programme allows participants to learn the skills necessary to work in the financial sector. Portfolio management, wealth planning, derivatives, corporate finance, and alternative investments are among the topics covered in the CFA curriculum, which helps students get a deeper understanding of the financial sector and its services.
- After completing the CFA course, students can use their credentials and gained skill sets to create their own consulting firms. Investment management is a viable business opportunity since 71 percent of Indians prefer to seek financial advice from a certified professional.
Who should pursue a career in CFA?
- Students who want to work in the financial services industry should take the course.
- Students interested in positions such as portfolio managers, risk managers, financial advisors, and others should enroll in the CFA certification programme.
- The CFA certificate program also allows the student to move away from traditional courses like BCom, MCom, and others and into a professional degree with greater employment chances.
- Students who aspire to become entrepreneurs and start their careers as financial consultants can enrol in CFA certification courses.
- Individuals with prior financial work experience might enroll in this course to increase their employment prospects.
CFA Course Fees:
CFA has a normal application cost of USD 1000. The usual enrollment period is from August through October. The registration price for early birds is USD 700. Early registration is available for applications submitted between May and August. Both the CFA Level 1 and CFA Level 2 registrations are required. Aside from that, every student who wishes to reschedule the examination will be charged USD 250.
The CFA Course Syllabus
The CFA programme is broken down into three levels. CFA Level 1, CFA Level 2, and CFA Level 3 are the three levels. Only after clearing the previous level’s exam can applicants advance to the next level. Students will gain in-depth knowledge of investment depth, investment decision making, financial accounting, derivatives, the stock market, and other topics as part of the syllabus.
The following courses are included in the general CFA syllabus:
|CFA Subjects||Weight Given in CFA Level 1||Weight Given in CFA Level 2||Weight Given in CFA Level 3|
|Ethical and Professional Standards||15-20||10-15||10-15|
|Financial Statement Analysis||13-17||10-15||N/A|
|Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning||5-8||10-15||35-40|
The material of the CFA Exam at each level, namely CFA Level 1, CFA Level 2, and CFA Level 3, is organized around ten key syllabus subjects. Despite the fact that the CFA course syllabus covers nearly the same topics in each level of certification, the exam’s level of difficulty rises as it progresses.
Below is a list of the core syllabus topics.
|Core Curriculum Topics||Description|
|Ethical and Professional Standard||It teaches students to the importance of professionalism and ethical behavior in the investment sector.|
|Quantitative Methods||Descriptive statistics, probability theory, and investment decision-making are all covered.|
|Economics||This subject covers individual and firm supply and demand analyses, as well as microeconomic ideas and market structure.|
|Financial Statement Analysis||It provides a detailed explanation of the financial reports, as well as the criteria and processes that govern them.|
|Corporate Issuers||It’s about stakeholder management and corporate governance.|
|Equity Investments||It has to do with the economic study of securities markets, indices, and equity investments.|
|Fixed Income||Understand fixed income securities, the variables that put them at risk, how to manage them, and how to measure them.|
|Derivatives||It aids in comprehending the fundamentals of futures and the derivative market’s framework.|
|Alternative Investment||Hedge funds, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, and other concepts are all part of this.|
|Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning||This aids in the right understanding of portfolio management and wealth planning concepts.|
CFA Career Scope
A CFA charter holder has access to a wide range of job opportunities. A Chartered Financial Analyst has the opportunity to work in a variety of fields, including:
CFA Job Fields
Investment banking M&A
When it comes to job options, CFA charter holders frequently prefer to work as research analysts, portfolio managers, investment banking analysts, and chief-level executives, among other positions.
Top Hiring recruiters
The following are the top CFA graduate recruiters.
|JP Morgan and Co||HSBC||Credit Suisse||Deloitte||PwC|
|Earnst and Young||Hindustan Unilever Ltd||The Goldman Sachs Group Inc.||Crisil||ICRA|
|SBI Bank||Reliance Industries Limited||Axis Bank||HDFC Bank||Emami Agrotech Ltd|
|ITC||ICICI Bank||Aditya Sun Life||Bharti Airtel||Citigroup|
FAQ’s for CFA Course
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is an acronym for Chartered Financial Analyst. The CFA Institute awards charters to financial and investment specialists who have finished the programme of study completed all three levels of the tests and met additional required specifications.
If you are in your last year of a bachelor’s programme, hold a bachelor’s degree, or have professional industry experience of up to four years, you are eligible.
Yes, you’ll need math to pass the CFA exam. To grasp the statistics and other math-based topics of the CFA course, students must have a good understanding of math.
In India, a CFA might earn between INR 350,000 to INR 35,00,000 per year.