BSc Aviation Courses: The three-year BSc Aviation program is an undergraduate program in aviation. The course focuses primarily on flying aircraft like helicopters and aeroplanes. A full-time course lasts three years in total, broken up into six semesters. The students must pass their 10+2 exam with a minimum score of 50% in order to be eligible for the programme. As their primary subjects in 10+2, they should additionally take Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
The goal of the course is to prepare students for careers in the aviation and aerospace industries. The students are taught a variety of courses, including air navigation, air regulations, meteorology, and aircraft and engines.
The course typically costs INR 3 Lakhs in total. Depending on the institution, the cost could change. There is a huge demand for the course. Students who successfully complete the course may go on to work as pilots, software testing engineers, aviation maintenance engineers, or production and maintenance managers.
The candidate’s employment profile will determine the average compensation. It might range from INR 3.5 to 5.5 lakhs per year for a rookie. As the candidate develops experience, the pay will rise.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
BSc Aviation: Course Highlights
|Full-form||Bachelor of Science in Aviation.|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in 10+2 examination with English, Physics and Mathematics as the main subjects.|
|Admission Process||Direct Admission.|
|Course Fee||Up to INR 1 Lakh per annum|
|Average Salary||INR 4.5 Lakhs per annum|
|Job Positions||Pilot, Aviation Line Technician, Flight Attendant, Cargo Manager, Service maintenance engineer, Pilot, Flight test engineer|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Hindustan Aeronautics, Spice Jet, Jet Airways, Indigo, Cambata Aviation|
BSc Aviation: What is it about?
The study and design of aeroplanes are the main topics in the science of aviation. It also covers managing airlines, maintaining aircraft, and controlling air traffic. All of the preparations needed to keep airlines operating safely and effectively are included in aviation science. All types of commercial aircraft, including helicopters, gliders, and military jets, are referred to as aircraft in this context.
- The students will gain knowledge about the management and production of aeroplanes during the course.
- After completing their courses, students have a variety of employment options. They might choose to work as a pilot, flight attendant, aviation line technician, cargo manager, etc. They might also work as teachers in a school.
- You’ll also get knowledge about flying an aeroplane.
- Covers a wide area of topics such as design, production, management, and others.
Why Study BSc Aviation?
Here are a few explanations for why you ought to enrol in a BSc in aviation:
- A very popular and in-demand course is the BSc in Aviation.
- The training covers flying gliders, helicopters, and other aircraft. Additionally, it teaches the student about the many components of an aircraft, how they work, and the safety measures that must be taken when operating one.
- Students with a BSc in aviation have many great job opportunities. Pilot, production and maintenance manager, software testing engineer, and aviation maintenance engineer are a few of the most typical job profiles.
- The students will start out with a package worth 4.5 lakhs annually. The firm and the organisation will have an impact on the salary.
- As the candidate gets to experience, the compensation will rise.
- Students may pursue an M.Sc. in aviation or aviation management after earning their BSc. Additionally, he or she may apply for an MBA in aviation.
- The students can also enrol in a variety of certificate programmes, including pilot training and aeronautical engineering.
BSc Aviation Admission Process
The majority of the admissions procedure is determined by the students’ merits. In May and June, the admission forms are often made available. The university’s official website has the application forms available. There are offline application forms as well. Based on the grades students received in their 10+2 exam, the colleges create the merit list.
The threshold may change from one college to another. Based on the number of applicants and the number of available seats, a college establishes its cut-off. Prior to acceptance, several colleges also require applicants to submit their 10th and 12th-grade transcripts along with a number of other certificates. In certain colleges, there is also the second round of interview.
- Filling out the entry form is the first step in the admission process. The application must be completed and submitted by the deadline by the students. You might occasionally need to upload additional papers in addition to the application form.
- As only a few colleges and institutions conduct interviews, the second step is optional. You should be well-prepared for the interview if the college you are applying to has this phase.
- The pupils will be narrowed down based on their performance in the interview as well as the grades they received. The college or university’s official website will publish the list of shortlisted applicants. The students must also fulfil all other eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for admission.
B.Sc. in Aviation Eligibility
- Students must obtain a minimum grade point average of 50% across the board in their 10th exams to be eligible for the BSc Aviation degree.
- A minimum score of 50% in disciplines like English, Physics, and Mathematics is required for candidates to pass their 10+2 examination from an accredited board.
- Students who completed a three-year Engineering, Technology, or Diploma programme after passing their 10th-grade exam and had Mathematics and Physics as their primary subjects are also eligible to apply for the course.
- Students who have completed a diploma in computer science, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, mechanics, or any other related discipline are also eligible to apply for the programme.
- For their flying hours, candidates must have a Class II Medical Certificate from a doctor certified by the Director-General of Civil Aviation.
- A Class II Medical Certificate from the Director-General of Civil Aviation medical facilities should also be held by the commercial pilot licence holder.
BSc Aviation Entrance Exams
Admission to the BSc Aviation programme does not require an entrance exam. However, several state and central institutions administer their own state/central level entrance tests in order to offer this subject. The majority of institutions also grant admission to the programme on a merit-based basis. Based on the candidates’ 10+2 performance, they create a merit list.
How to get admission to a good BSc Aviation college?
- The pupils need to meet all requirements in order to be accepted into a top college. They must score at least 50% on their 10th and 12th-grade exams.
- The pupils must adequately prepare for the interview if one is required. The subjects covered in 10+2 should be thoroughly reviewed. They will succeed in the interview thanks to this.
- Additionally, students must properly complete the college’s admission form well in advance of the deadline. Additionally, be sure to have a thorough understanding of the academic offerings and employment options provided by the college before applying for admission.
B.Sc. Aviation Skills Required
If candidates want to excel in the field of aviation industry then they are required to be quite adaptive to the constantly changing environment. Candidates must possess appropriate skills that can help them learn the basics of the aviation industry and become a master in their field. Some of the top skills required by candidates for excelling in the B.Sc. aviation and the job market are mentioned below:
|Interest in science and technology||Analytical skills|
|Communication skills||Critical thinking skills|
|Understanding of aviation parts||Decision-making skills|
BSc Aviation Syllabus
The six semesters of the BSc Aviation degree. The students gain a thorough understanding of a number of significant issues in aviation and aviation science throughout the course. The students show up for the final evaluation, which also involves practical work and project work, at the conclusion of six semesters. Following is a list of some of the key subjects covered in the course:
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3|
|Aviation Mathematics||Aviation Physics-II||Aviation Physics-III|
|Aviation Physics-I||Aviation Science-II||Aviation Science-III|
|Aviation Science-I||English-II||Aviation Physics-IV|
|English-I||Second Language Paper-II||Aviation Science-IV|
|Second Language Paper-I||Environmental Science||Air Navigation and Regulation|
|Indian Heritage and Culture||Computer Applications in the Aviation Industry||Aircraft Ground Handling and Safety Practicals|
|English Language and Communication Skills Practical||Computer Labs||Science and Civilization|
|Aircraft Awareness and Simulator Practicals||Aviation English Computer Practicals||Aircraft Inspection Procedures|
BSc Aviation Colleges
In India, there are about 17 colleges that provide a B.Sc. in aviation. We have listed a few of the top colleges in the nation along with their average tuition and pay those colleges:
|College Name||City||Average Total Fee||Average Salary|
|NIMS University||Jaipur||INR 1.05 Lakhs||INR 3 Lakhs|
|VELS Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies||Chennai||INR 2.3 Lakhs||INR 2.7 Lakhs|
|Garware Institute of Career Education and Development||Mumbai||INR 2.37 Lakhs||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Academy||Rae Bareli||INR 38 Lakhs||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Indira Institute of Aircraft Engineering||Pune||INR 4.3 Lakhs||INR 3.5 Lakhs|
|Pune Institute of Aviation Engineering||Pune||INR 4.25 Lakhs||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science||Chennai||INR 2.59 Lakhs||INR 5 Lakhs|
|Sir Sitaram and Lady Shantabai Patkar College of Arts and Science||Mumbai||INR 1.99 Lakhs||INR 5.5 Lakhs|
|Thakur College of Science and Commerce||Maharashtra||INR 58,410||INR 4 Lakhs|
|St. Mary’s College of Health Science||Tamil Nadu||INR 1.7 Lakhs||INR 6 Lakhs|
The comparison of several colleges and universities that offer a BSc Aviation course is shown below. The differences shown below relate to the college’s overall offerings, course offerings, average cost, and other factors.
|College Name||NIMS University, Rajasthan||VELS Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies, Chennai||Indira Institute of Aircraft Engineering, Pune|
|Overview||NIMS University is one of the best universities of 2018 by ASSOCHAM in Jaipur. The institute offers various popular courses to the students up to the PhD level. Some of the popular courses include B.Sc, BCA, B.Tech, etc.||This university offers all types of UG, PG, and doctoral degrees in almost 14 different fields. The campus is spread over 30 acres of land. It is one of the top 10 private engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu.||IIAE is a private institute that is highly popular for its aircraft engineering course. It offers two courses to the students which are Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and B.Sc. in Aviation.|
|Average Fees||INR 1.05 Lakhs||INR 2.3 Lakhs||INR 4.3 Lakhs|
|Average CTC||INR 5 LPA||INR 6 LPA||INR 6.5 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Company||IBM, HCL Technologies, Ericsson India Pvt Ltd.||Hindustan Aeronautics, Spice Jet, Cambata Aviation||Airports, Aviation Industry, Airline Insurance, Hindustan Aeronautics, Jet Airways.|
Course Comparison: B.Sc Aviation Vs BBA Aviation
Both the BSc and BBA in aviation are nearly identical degrees, however, they differ due to the different stream of education that is needed to enrol in these programmes. The main distinctions between these 2 courses in terms of orientation and impact are listed below.
|Parameters||B.Sc Aviation||BBA Aviation|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science in Aviation||Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation|
|Course Overview||Bachelor of Science Aviation is an undergraduate course that deals with the flying of aircraft. It also provides knowledge to the students on the internal mechanics of the aircraft, its parts, and various other important details related to it.||Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation is an undergraduate course that has a duration of 3 years. It deals with various fundamentals of management in aviation. The students are taught managerial skills in various sectors of aviation management.|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 1 Lakh||INR 18,000-INR 2.6 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 4.25 Lakhs per annum||2- 6 Lakhs per annum|
|Colleges||Banasthali Vidyapith, NIMS University, VELS Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies, Garware Institute of Career Education and Development||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, GD Goenka University, Osmania University, Sun International Institute for Technology and Management, Galgotias University, School of Logistics and Aviation Management.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Jet Airways, Indigo, Cambata Aviation||Aviation Industry, Airline Insurance, Recovery and Credit, Sales Operation, Airline Contracting|
BSc Aviation Job Prospects and Career Options
BSc Aviation offers a wide range of job options. Here are a few of the professions where BSc Aviation students can find employment, some of which even a recent graduate can earn a great wage in:
- Aviation firms
- Aeronautics Industries
- Aerospace Firms
Students who major in aviation earn a respectable wage upon graduation from their programme. The most sought-after job descriptions for BSc aviation applicants are included in the table below, along with each candidate’s average yearly pay and job description:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Service maintenance engineer||A service maintenance engineer looks after the various equipment which is required to enhance the services of an aircraft. Maintenance engineers need to communicate effectively with other individuals and teams to achieve goals in a timely manner.||INR 4 Lakhs per annum|
|Pilot||A pilot is someone who is responsible for operating an aircraft. The type of pilots and their salary will vary from company to company. The salary mainly depends on flying hours and the flying experience.||INR 10 Lakhs per annum|
|Flight test engineer||The main responsibility of a Flight test engineer is flight testing of aircraft systems and aircraft prototypes.||INR 5 Lakhs per annum|
|Aircraft maintenance engineer||An Aircraft maintenance engineer installs and repairs the various parts of an aircraft. He/ She is also responsible for maintaining the various parts of an aircraft.||INR 7.33 Lakhs per annum|
|Operations Manager||Operations managers check their organization’s production of goods and/or services. They check various departments, such as purchasing, warehousing, and manufacturing. They make sure that their company’s operations run smoothly and effectively.||INR 7.79 Lakhs per annum|
BSc Aviation: Jobs Profiles
Aviation is one of the popular fields that students are choosing to study. After graduation, the students will be eligible for various job opportunities from the private and government sectors. Some of the popular job profiles for BSc Aviation graduates are listed below.
- Airport Ground Duty Manager
- Flight Test Engineer
- Cargo Manager
- Service Maintenance Engineer
- Air Traffic Controller
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Operations Manager
- Flight Testing Engineer
BSc Aviation: Top Recruiters
Students can check some of the top recruiters for BSc Aviation graduates below.
- Spice Jet
- Jet Airways
- Hindustan Aeronautics
- Ericsson India Pvt. Ltd
Benefits of Studying B.Sc. Aviation
B.Sc. aviation is a quite popular degree programme and offers various opportunities. The degree programme teaches knowledge in flying helicopters, aeroplanes, gliders, and more. The programme also entails knowledge of various parts of aircraft and their functions. After completing a B.Sc. in aviation, students develop a holistic understanding of aircraft and the aviation industry which enables them to choose any field of their interest such as flying branch, technical branch, or ground duty. Students with a degree in B.Sc. aviation can also choose to join Indian Air Force.
BSc Aviation Future Scope
Future prospects for BSc Aviation are quite bright. They can look for employment in the aviation sector and establish a successful career for themselves. They might land work with well-known businesses like SpiceJet, Indigo, etc.
- An M.Sc. in aviation is an option for the students. In India, there are several reputable universities that provide an M.Sc. aviation programme. Up to INR 2 lakhs is the typical amount charged for the entire course. Students who take the MSc Aviation course gain knowledge of the manufacturing, working, management, and repair elements of aviation.
- The MBA programme in aviation management is another popular programme. Students who complete this course will be prepared to manage in the aviation sector. To work in senior roles, an aviation administrator takes training in aviation management. An MBA in Aviation Management can earn up to INR 6.96 Lakh annually.
BSc Aviation: FAQs
Ans. No, you do not need to take an entrance exam to pursue BSc in Aviation. On the basis of the marks earned in 10+2, the majority of admissions are made directly. You might, however, be required to show up for the second round of interviews.
Ans. Following a BSc in aviation, there are numerous employment choices. You might later pursue an M.Sc. in Aviation from one of the best universities in the nation. The MBA in Aviation Management is an additional choice.
Ans. Pilot, aviation line technician, flight attendant, cargo manager, and service maintenance engineer are a few of the well-liked job descriptions.
Ans. Both a BSc and a BBA in aviation are successful fields. While a BBA in Aviation educates you about the managerial side of the aviation sector, a BSc in Aviation teaches you about the maintenance and operation of aeroplanes.
Ans. Yes, you have access to a wide variety of scopes. You might land a job at a reputable organisation once your training is through. You could also continue your education.
Ans. The average salary of BSc Aviation graduates is 4.25 Lakhs per annum.
Ans. You must have a minimum mark of 50% in each of the subjects including Physics, Chemistry, and English.
Ans. Top universities and colleges include VELS Institute of Science, Technology, and Advanced Studies, NIMS University, and Banasthali Vidyapith.
Ans. The average tuition fee ranges up to INR 1 Lakhs per annum.
Ans. In May or June, the application forms are made available. For more information, keep an eye on the universities’ official websites.