Beautician Courses: If you have a strong desire to work in the field of cosmetics and beauty products, a career as a Beautician is an excellent choice. The beauty and grooming industry is constantly changing, with global trends like digital makeup and a shift toward organic and natural products.
Aspiring beauticians enroll in these courses in order to give their clients a new look. The Bureau of Labor Statistics divides beauticians into three categories: hairdressers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists.
Beauty and cosmetology is one of the few industries that is unaffected by economic downturns. This industry is booming all over the world because everyone wants to look good not only to boost their self-esteem but also to present themselves well in front of their peers. Beauticians, cosmetologists, and beauty experts are required to make this possible.
The job growth rate for cosmetologists is expected to be 13% through 2026, which is faster than the national average for all occupations. Personal grooming, skin treatment, hair styling, make-up, nail arts, and other topics are covered in detail in beautician courses.
Table of Contents
Beautician Course Eligibility
- A minimum of 10+2 is required for admission to a beautician program. Admission to the beautician certificate and diploma programs is direct, while admission to the bachelor’s and master’s programs is based on class 12 performance.
- Beautician courses are available in both online and offline formats as certificates, diplomas, and degrees.
- Cosmetology, beauty care, stage makeup, hairstyling, airbrushing, and other fields are among the most popular specializations in beautician courses.
Beautician Courses Admission Procedure
- Direct admissions are available in the certificate and diploma programs. Some reputable institutes, such as Lakme Academy and VLCC, do, however, require candidates to take a basic exam before being shortlisted for these courses.
- Candidates interested in advanced diploma or post-graduate diploma programs must have prior work experience in the industry.
Beautician Course Syllabus
|Grooming, Hygiene & Safety||Keratin||Manicure & Pedicure|
|Basic Haircuts||Understanding Skin Type & Analysis||Hair Art & Bridal Hair Styling|
|Hair Spa & Hair Treatments||Grey Coverage and Root Touchups||Cleansing & Toning practice|
|Treatments for Hair Fall and Dandruff||Exfoliation & Extraction||Blow drying and Heat Styling|
|Massage Manipulation||Creative Haircuts and Colouring||Hands & Feet Massage|
|Hair Spa/ Hair Oil Massage||Men’s Hair Cuts|
Online Beautician Courses
Top learning platforms such as Skillshare, Udemy, and Shaw Academy, among others, offer a variety of free and paid beauty courses online. Here are some of the best online beautician courses you can take from the comfort of your own home:
- Online Beautician Courses by Lakme Academy
- Beauty Talk: Getting Started with Makeup by Mira Metzler–Skillshare
- Natural Beauty: How to Make Lotions, Creams, and Body Butters by Jennifer Schroeder–Udemy
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy – Shaw Academy
- Hair Stylist Training Course: Online Makeup Academy
- Diploma in Makeup Artistry – Alison
- Fundamental Beauty and Contouring Techniques by Danessa Myricks—Udemy
- Color Theory for Makeup by Mira Metzler – Skillshare
- The Ultimate Masterclass on Face Makeup by Sara–Skillshare
- Beauty Tips and Tricks: Introduction to Applying Makeup by Chelsea Baker (Skillshare)
Important Skills Required for Beautician Courses
|Make-up artist||Hair stylist|
|Cosmetologists||Salon Sales consultants|
|Nail care artists||Retail and wholesale consumers|
|Business Management Skills||Decision Making Skills|
Types of Beautician Courses
|Name of the Course||Fees for the Course|
|Diploma in Cosmetology||INR 20,000|
|Diploma in Professional Makeup||INR 25,000|
|Diploma in Hair Styling||INR 18,000|
|Diploma in Beauty Therapy||INR 30,000|
|Diploma in Beauty Technician||INR 25,000|
|Advanced Diploma in Cosmetology||INR 20,000|
|Advanced Diploma in Beauty Therapy||INR 15,000|
- Creative Make-up and Design and Practice
- Media Make-up
- Media Make-up and Hair Design
- Specialist Make-up Design
- Make-up and Hair Designing
- Advanced Prosthetic
- Hair and Make-up for Fashion
- Cosmetic Aesthetic
- Wig Making
- Hair, Make-up and Prosthetics for performance
- Cosmetic Science
- Make-up Artistry
- Media Make-up
- Special Effects Make-up Artistry
- Aesthetic Practitioner
|Name of the Course||Average Salary|
|Herbal Beauty Care Course||INR 6000|
|Beauty Parlour Course||INR 10,000|
|Beauty Care Course||INR 15,000|
|Ayurvedic Beauty Care Course||INR 12,000|
|Beauty and Make-up course||INR 20,000|
|Certificate in Cosmetology||INR 15,000|
|Certificate in Makeup||INR 18,000|
|Certificate in Hair Styling||INR 15,000|
|Certificate in Beauty Therapy||INR 20,000|
|Certificate in Beauty Technician||INR 30,000|
Beautician Courses: Top Institutes
|Name of the Institute||Course Name||Duration of the Course|
|Lakme Academy Delhi||Courses in Cosmetology, Skin, Hair, Makeup, Salon Management||Varies|
|Pearl Academy Delhi||Professional Certificate in Fashion Media Makeup Professional Certificate in Celebrity and Bridal and Hair Makeup |
Certificate in Image Make Over
|Asian Academy of Film & Television (AAFT)||Certificate in Makeup and|
|ISAS International Beauty School, Pune||Certificate in Beauty and Hair |
Certificate in Professional Makeup
Certificate in Artistry Makeup
|1.5 months to 2 months|
|International School of Design, Kolkata||Self Makeup Course |
Intermediate Makeup Course
Advance Makeup Course
|1 month to 6 months|
|JD Institute of Technology, Hyderabad||Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artist||6 weeks|
|Panache International School of Design||Bridal Makeup,|
Fast Track Makeup
|2 days to 5 weeks|
Beautician Courses Expected Salary
|Experience Level||Expected Average Salary|
|1 year to 3 year||INR 3,00,000|
|3 years to 9 years||INR 3,00,000 – 6,00,000|
|10+ years||INR 7,00,000|
Beautician Courses: Top Foreign Institutes
Professional courses in the field of beauty can be found at a variety of universities and colleges around the world. Here is a list of some of the best institutions in the world that offer a variety of beautician courses:
|Institute Name||Course Name|
|Charles Darwin Univerity||Certificate in Hair Dressing|
|TAFE Western Australia||Diploma of Beauty Therapy|
|Sheridan College||Diploma in Makeup for Media and Creative Arts|
|University of the Arts London||BA Fashion Styling and Production|
|University of Reading||BSc (Hons) Chemistry with Cosmetic Science|
|University of Salford||BA (Hons) Fashion Image-Making and Styling|
|University of Cincinnati||MSc Cosmetic Science|
|University of Sunderland||MSc Cosmetic Science|
Beautician Courses: Top Job Profiles
Between 2018 and 2028, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that cosmetology employment will grow at a rate of about 8% faster than the national average.
|Profile of Job||Description of Job|
|Make-up artist||Makeup artists help a variety of clients improve their image by applying makeup to them. A makeup artist’s areas of specialization include prosthetics, high fashion, airbrushing, high definition, and light blending.|
|Cosmetologist||Beauticians are facial medicine experts who can recommend different treatments for different skin problems based on skin type.|
|Hair Stylist||Beauticians perform a variety of services, including hair colouring, trimming, blow drying, and styling, among others. They also give customers advice on how to take care of their hair.|
|Nail Care Artists||Customers can get nail administrations and medicines from nail care specialists. This includes things like nail trims and pedicures, as well as how to apply fake nails.|
|Manufacturing Sales Representative||Retail and discount buyers are offered maker’s items by salesmen..|
|Salon sales consultant||Salon deals specialists are in charge of selling items to salon customers. They must have strong negotiating skills and in-depth knowledge of high-quality items.|
|Javed Habib Hair and Beauty Salon||Toni and Guy|
Beautician Courses Benefits and Scope
- Between 2016 and 2026, demand for beauticians is expected to grow by 13%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. An estimated 87,600 job openings will result from increased demand for professional hair styling, employ turnover, and retirements in an aging population.
- Although there will be plenty of job opportunities in general, competition for high-paying positions in high-end salons will be fierce. Manufacturing, promotion, and marketing of beauty products are all part of the vast beauty industry.
- You’ll be able to work as a manicurist, pedicurist, aromatherapist, masseur, or even a beauty consultant after completing the course. A budding beautician can become a fully evolved and expert beautician after receiving training. One can open their own salon and beauty parlor.
- You get to show off your skills.
- Make-up can also be used to explore new forms of creativity.
- You’ll be able to meet new people, including celebrities.
- Your clients will choose to always come to you once your behavior is sober with them.
- These days, Unisex salons are also popular. If one’s entrepreneurial skills aren’t enough to satisfy one’s creative zeal, one can even start their own beauty product line. This will not only give you a name, but also fame.
- The scope of this course is immense in the United States of America and many European countries. In other countries, Indians have an advantage because we use natural products and therapeutic treatments to treat skin and hair problems. This is our one-of-a-kind selling point in Western countries.
Beautician Courses FAQs
Yes, you can enroll in beautician courses as soon as you finish your 10th grade because the institutes that offer these courses place a greater emphasis on the student’s creativity and desire to learn than on their level of education.
Some of the best institutes offer internship opportunities to their students after they have completed their courses.
Pursuing a beautician course is unquestionably advantageous because it increases your chances of being hired by your employer.
To be a successful beautician, you must complete all of the courses from beginning to end, as well as do makeup purses. These courses will enhance your resume and provide you with a competitive advantage over your peers.
Each of the three options has its own set of benefits. It’s a good idea to take at least one or two online certification courses to improve your chances of getting hired.
Yes, some institutes and platforms offer financial aid as well as scholarships from time to time.
There are many online platforms for people who want to get certifications and PG diplomas. Some well-known cosmetic brands, such as Lakme and Loreal, also offer certificate courses online for a small fee.
Obtaining online certifications not only enhances your resume, but it also allows you to focus on learning only what you are interested in. Online platforms like these offer some of the best online beautician courses:
Online Makeup Academy
The Beauty Academy
Vizio Makeup Academy