B.Des in Interior Design: Interior Design B.Des is a four-year bachelor’s degree programme in the designing stream at the undergraduate level. The science and art of understanding and creating functional and appealing interior spaces within a building are covered in this course. The B.Des Interior Design programme is ideal for candidates who want to pursue a successful career in the field of interior design. It not only improves skills like creativity and pragmatic design thinking, but it also gives you a good understanding of the subject.
Many well-known colleges, including Karnavati University (KU), CREO Valley (CREO), and Lovely Professional University, offer lateral entry admission in B.Des Interior Design to diploma holders and other interested candidates. The course aids in the exploration and development of new designs and solutions to meet the changing needs of society in order to construct contemporary spaces. It also aids in the understanding of new technologies and tools in the areas of material exploration, design development, marketing, and production.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Overview of B.Des in Interior Design Course
|Degree Programme||BDes in Interior Design|
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Design in Interior Design|
|Duration of Course||Course Duration of Bachelor Of Technology is 4 Years And Lateral Entry for diploma candidates is 3years.|
|Maximum age limit||23 Years|
|Minimum Percentage||(10+2) 60% AND ABOVE for B.Tech and Lateral Entry diploma with 50% in all semesters.|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology|
|Average Fees||INR 10k-5lacs(Depends Upon University and Colleges)|
|Similar Course Options||B.E or B.Sc|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5lacs- 12lacs per annum|
|Employment Roles||According to this specialization, job opportunities are available in the textile designer, graphic designer, Fashion Designer, etc.|
B.Des in Interior Design: Introduction
- BDes in Interior Design is a four-year undergraduate programme that focuses on the art and science of understanding human behaviour in order to design functional spaces within a structure.
- Students create environmentally friendly and long-lasting interior and spatial environments for their clients.
- BDes in Design offers a comprehensive understanding of current professional practise and all aspects of project management in the field of interior design.
- This project-based learning course focuses on providing professional training in the development of creative design solutions for interior spaces.
- This course costs between INR 20,000 and INR 1,50,000 on average. Depending on their skills and knowledge, graduates of this course can earn anywhere from 3 to 7 LPA.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des in Interior Design
The requirements for a B.Des in Interior Design differ from one institute to the next. Candidates must meet these requirements in order to apply for admission to the college of their choice. The general eligibility criteria for B.Des Interior Design are listed below:
- Candidates must have completed class 12th or its equivalent from a recognised educational board such as CBSE, ICSE, or others.
- Applicants must have completed their senior year of high school in any subject (Arts, Science, Commerce, etc.)
- Candidates must have received a qualifying exam score of 45 percent to 55 percent on average.
- For reserved category candidates, some institutes offer a 2% to 5% reduction in the qualifying exam.
- Age criteria are also published by a few institutes. It usually occurs between the ages of 20 and 30 years.
- Applicants must be able to think outside the box and possess creative abilities.
Admission Process for B.Des in Interior Design
Admission to the Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design programme is based on a combination of selection tests and the University’s or school’s legitimacy.
Candidates applying for the Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design programme must have their graduation results from each board/college separately. Entrance Exams are required for admission to some colleges.
- Candidates can fill out the affirmation form online through the school’s website or in person at the school.
- Candidates had to fill in the details in addition to the existing reports.
- Candidates are strongly encouraged to review the list of Entrance Exams applicable to Bachelor of Design or Bachelor of Design with a Specialization in Interior Design, which can be found on the websites of various universities.
- Candidates must pass the selection test and have the required imprint eligibility for the specific college/school.
Admission Tips for B.Des in Interior Design
Different factors come into play when it comes to securing admission to a good Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design college. In that case, some of the following guidelines will prove useful.
- Always make a list of the best schools in the area you want to investigate.
- Select specific schools based on factors such as cost, ease of entry, location, and other factors.
- Examine the school’s websites for eligibility and confirmation requirements.
- Make certain to follow the instructions provided by the schools.
- Always keep up to date on the universities to which you wish to apply, and if in doubt, contact the administration via phone or email.
- Because careful discipline yields promising results, make it a point to understand as many previous years’ question papers as possible.
Entrance Exams Preparation Tips for B.Des in Interior Design
To pass the Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design selection test, a competitor must possess exceptional abilities and knowledge sets. Here are a few pointers to help you prepare for an outstanding performance on the test:
- Learning about the selection test syllabus: The first and most important step is to obtain a copy of the syllabus from the specific school/placement test website. It’s incredible to feel compelled to point out facts from the syllabus that can help one understand the breadth of the subject covered in the course.
- Reading and re-reading previous themes: Peruse and try to amend subjects that are extremely important for the point of the examination, as this will help you make the best use of your time and score high marks. Revisiting old books or themes also aids in the acquisition of calculated learning, which makes the test time much easier for the up-and-comer.
- The Golden Rule of “Careful discipline yields promising results” states that a candidate should practise and change all of their ideas as many times as possible before the test in order to eliminate last-second pressure.
Top Colleges for B.Des in Interior Design
A list of top design colleges that offer a B.Des Interior Designing course is provided below:
|College Name||Location||Course Fees (Annual)|
|International School of Design, Andheri (INSD)||Mumbai, Maharashtra||INR 1,35,000|
|Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth (LV)||Faridabad, Haryana||INR 1,29,000|
|Unitedworld Institute of Design (UID)||Gandhinagar, Gujarat||INR 4,50,000|
|Indian Institute of Art & Design (IIAD)||Delhi, Delhi||INR 4,68,000|
|Centre for Design Excellence (CODE)||Jaipur, Rajasthan||INR 2,50,000|
|Amity University||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh||INR 1,48,000|
|ARCH College of Design & Business||Jaipur, Rajasthan||INR 3,95,000|
|Ganpat University (GUNI)||Mehsana, Gujarat||INR 1,25,000|
|Chitkara University||Chandigarh, Punjab||INR 1,80,000|
|K. R. Mangalam University (KRMU)||Gurugram, Haryana||INR 1,45,000|
Syllabus for B.Des in Interior Design
The following is the B.Des Interior Design program’s year-wise syllabus:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Basics of Structure 1||Basics of Structure 2|
|Hypothesis of Design||Research Planning Design Process|
|Freehand Drawing and Geometric Construction||systematic Drawing|
|Material Exposure||Fundamentals of Photography|
|Relational abilities||Humanities, Art, and evaluation|
|Prologue to Computers 1||Prologue to Computers 2|
|Basics of Design 1||Basics of Design 2|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Introduction to History of Crafts and Interior Design 1||Basics of Building Services 1|
|Fundamentals of Interior Materials 1||Fundamentals of Interior Materials 2|
|Anthropometry and Ergonomics||Elective (Poetry and Literature/ Journalism)|
|practical drawings and Computer Applications||Advance Computer Application|
|Introduction to Interior Construction 1||Introduction to Interior Construction 2|
|Fundamentals of Interior Design 1||Fundamentals of Interior Design 2|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Basics of Building Services 2||Basics of Building Services 3|
|Fundamentals of Interior Materials 3||Analysis of Cost Estimation|
|Elective (Dance and Music/ Theatre and Film Making)||Elective (Human Interaction/ Marketing)|
|Introduction to Materials and Processes 1||Basics of Arts and Crafts|
|Theory of Interior Construction 3||Practical Uses of Interior Construction 4|
|Fundamentals of Interior Design 3||Fundamentals of Interior Design 4|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Basics of Building Services 4||Seminar/ Thesis Topic|
|Practice session||Case Study|
|Introduction to Specifications and Controls||Project work|
|Fundamentals of Product Semantics||–|
|Analysis of Interior Landscape||–|
|Basics of Interior Design 5||–|
Job Profiles in B.Des Interior Designing
Candidates can either pursue a Master’s degree or begin their career after completing the B.Des in Interior Design programme. The programme is designed to provide specialisation in a wide range of ideas and procedures involved in organising, managing, and planning the interiors of habitations and buildings to eligible understudies through an understanding of individuals’ behaviour and needs.
The goal is to renovate the spaces so that they reflect the decisions and personalities of the people who live there.
Interior Design is a well-known field of work, with Interior Designers needed in clinics, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants, and the city planning division, among other places. Graduates can work as teachers/instructors, independent experts, and more after successfully completing the course.
The following are some of the areas where you can get a job right after finishing your B.Des in Interior Design:
- Exhibition Centers
- Interior Design Companies
- Set Designing Companies (for Theatre, TV or Film)
- Architectural Firms
- Designing Consultancies
- Event Management Companies
- Construction Companies
|Profession Title||Description of job||Average Salary|
|Interior Designer||They are in charge of making interior spaces functional, safe, and attractive by determining space requirements and selecting decorative elements such as shadings, lighting, and materials.||INR 4 to 9 LPA|
|Teacher||They make exercise plans and present them to the entire class, to understudies individually, or in small groups.||INR 2 to 5 LPA|
|Researcher||Research Officers and Managers collaborate with colleagues to identify venture objectives, research strategies, and other test boundaries while ventures are in the planning stages.||INR 3 to 7 LPA|
|Theatre Designer||They’re in charge of designing and building the sets that appear in movies, TV shows, and theatre productions.||INR 2.5 to 6.5 LPA|
|Consultant||They provide advice and expertise to organisations in order to help them improve their business execution in terms of activities, profitability, executives, structure, and technique.||INR 3 to 5 LPA|
|Exhibition Designer||They are in charge of the design and format of shows and exhibitions, such as historical centre presentations and exhibitions, as well as displays and nearby businesses.||INR 2.7 to 8 LPA|
The best part about getting a B.Des in Interior Design is that graduates with the right skills and interests can work as freelancers or start their own business. Those looking for work after completing their B.Des Interior Design degree can look into the following companies:
- Films Factor
- Effervescent Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- Bonito Designs
- Urban Ladder
- Tag Concepts
Future Scope for B.Des in Interior Design
- After successfully completing a B.Des in Interior Design, a candidate can work in a variety of administrative fields. They have the option of pursuing a master’s degree in the same field or pursuing an MBA.
- On the basis of their talent and capabilities, they can also work for multinational corporations in other countries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you are qualified to accept job openings after successfully completing distance learning courses from accredited colleges.
International School of Design, Unitedworld Institute of Design, Amity University, Chitkara University, Centre for Design Excellence, Indian Institute of Art & Design, and others are some of the best colleges for B.Des in Interior Design.
A Bachelor of Design, also known as a B.Des, is a four-year undergraduate programme in interior design. The course is typically divided into eight semesters, but this can vary depending on the rules and regulations of the institution. A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree to be considered for this course. Both traditional projects and distance learning are available for the Lone Ranger of Design or BDes in Interior Design course.
The 10th and 12th marksheets, transfer endorsements, migration certificates, aadhar cards, and anti-ragging undertakings (as required by the institution) are among the documents required for affirmation in the programme. In essence, the university or school to which you are applying will refer to it on the test structure or on the specific website.
Every year, businesses from various industries participate. Openings for work in the material designer, visual designer, Fashion Designer, and other specialisations are available for the enlistment of competitors.
Depending on the university or school where an aspiring designer wishes to enrol, admission to the Bachelor of Design or BDes in Interior Design programme is based on both an entrance examination and merit. Various colleges have different perspectives on evaluation, but in general, if an understudy scores above 45 percent to half on an Entrance Exam or on a Merit-Based basis, the chances of being accepted into the ideal University or schools are very high.