BCom Corporate Secretaryship: A Bachelor of Commerce in Corporate Secretaryship is a three-year full-time education in the field of commerce. The entire academic calendar is built on semesters. The course’s major goal is to teach students about corporate governance, as well as secretarial practices and company rules.
This is one of the entry-level degree programmes for those interested in pursuing a career in commerce.
Financial Accounting, Company Accounting, Company Law and Secretaryship Practice, Marketing / Corporate E-Management, Business Management, Industrial Laws, Income Tax Law & Practice, Indirect Taxes Project (Institutions Training), Commercial Laws, and many other subjects are covered in depth in this field of study.
Students in this subject of study are also taught computer applications, word processing, file management systems, and speech recognition, among other things. The transcription section of the course is taught with great care. The syllabus also includes standard type, keyword implementation, and other topics.
Major subjects, minor subjects, and elective subjects make up the curriculum.
Students with this degree can work in a variety of industries, including corporate firms, financial firms, banks, loan lending firms, export firms, risk mitigation firms, and so on. Sales representatives, export managers, clerical executives, managerial executives, team leaders, and other job profiles where B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship graduates have found success include sales representatives, export managers, clerical executives, managing executives, and team leaders.
A Corporate Secretary with a B.Com degree can expect to earn between 3-5LPA as a starting salary. Students can enrol in an MBA programme, which leads to a higher MBA salary. The course fee for this degree starts at INR 3000/- and varies depending on whether the institute is public or private.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
|College Name||Admission process||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Kakatiya University||Merit-based||INR 13,930|
|Dr Gr Damodaran College of Women||Merit-based||INR 80,000|
|Erode Arts and Science College-Autonomous||Merit-based||INR 15,000|
|Cheran College for Women||Merit-based||INR 15,000|
|Alpha Arts and Science College||Merit-based||INR 7,000|
- The cost of the course is usually between INR 3000 to 1 lakh per year.
- For a fresh graduate candidate, the average income is around 5LPA.
- This course is designed for applicants who want to start their careers in financial firms from the ground up.
- Students can pursue career advancement courses such as ICWA, MBA, and others in the future.
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Commerce in Corporate Secretaryship|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 examination, preferably in Commerce background|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Corporate firms, Financial firms, Money Lending Firms, Educational Institution, Logistics Departments Auditing Firms, Banks, Export-import Companies, Manufacturing Corporations, Hotels/Restaurants|
|Job Positions||Credit Analysts, Sales Team Manager, Risk Analysts, Executive Assistant, Corporate Manager, Export Manager, Sales Executive|
Why Study BCom Corporate Secretaryship?
- You will learn how to handle industries and business-related financial interpretations as an expert.
- You’ll learn about business vocabulary, clerical skills, processes, business principles, transcription, and keyboarding, among other topics.
- In the selection process for positions such as executive secretary, manager, administrative assistant, and so on, managing your transcription skills is critical.
- This course will teach you the fundamentals of various aspects of management, such as personnel, finance, marketing, sales, and production.
- You will be able to carry out employment tasks such as training and managing qualified individuals in fields such as administrative assistance, company development, and many others after completing this degree. Credit analysts, sales team managers, risk analysts, executive assistants, corporate managers, export managers, sales executives, and more career opportunities for B.Com graduates in Corporate Secretaryship are available.
- Depending on the job title and organisation, the beginning income in this profession is approximately 3LPA.
The BCom Corporate Secretaryship Admission Process
The admission to the B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship is merit-based. Each year, the university has a specified cut-off, and the merit list is compiled based on the students’ performance in their higher secondary 10+2 exams.
- Because of the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, the entire admissions process is now done online.
- Go to the college or university’s official website to learn more.
- To apply for a job, go to the online application button.
- Create a user ID and password to complete the registration process.
- Re-enter your ID password and carefully fill out the personal and educational information.
- Carefully upload all scanned copies of required documents, ID cards, pictures, and signatures.
- Examine the application before submitting it.
- Keep a copy of the application in case you need it in the future.
- Keep track of the merit list’s release date and return to the website on a regular basis.
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Eligibility
Candidates interested in pursuing the course must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements in order to apply: Those interested in pursuing a B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship must meet the following requirements:
- Higher Secondary (10+2) or similar qualification from a recognised university, whichever name it is called by.
- At the 10+2 level, a minimum aggregate score of 45 per cent is required.
- Applicants with a background in commerce will be given priority.
How To Get Admission to a Good College?
- Colleges and universities all throughout India provide a B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship.
- Check the eligibility criteria first if you want to pursue a career in this profession.
- After that, make a list of your top college selections. You will avoid the confusion of missing the admission dates if you do this.
- With a commerce background and a high 10+2 score, you will have more clout.
- Gather information on the colleges you’ve picked ahead of time.
- Because of the ongoing pandemic, admittance to the courses is done online, giving students a better chance to enrol in multiple universities at once.
- Always include scanned copies of any testimonials in your submission. Simply failing to submit a single mark sheet can result in your candidature being cancelled.
- Students from other states should double-check the admissions deadlines. In this way, if you decide to relocate your base, you’ll have complete confidence in your decision.
- Rather than waiting for another merit list to be published, always take admission to ensure your spot. This is why you must carefully select the names of the colleges.
- As part of the admissions process, several institutions hold internal group talks and personal interviews. Prepare thoroughly in order to achieve a higher ranking in those procedures.
How to Apply?
Admission into colleges or universities for B.Com Corporate Secretaryship is now possible through online techniques, in which candidates simply need to go to the college’s official website and fill out all of the essential information accurately and verify it; it’s as simple as it seems. The other option is for them to go to the campus on their own, submit the paperwork, and pay at the cash counter at the end of the admissions process.
The B.Com Corporate Secretaryship course admission selections are after the declaration of the entrance exams results, and the final list is out of the selected aspirants.
Popular Entrance Exams for B.Com Corporate Secretaryship
B.Com Corporate Secretaryship popular entrance exams are available in both state and national formats, are administered by the governing body of a college or university that is renowned and of a comparable high standard throughout the world, and are open to all aspirants, regardless of caste or religion.
Mentioned below is the list of popular entrance examinations:
A Quick Glance at the B.Com Corporate Secretaryship Entrance Exams
The conducting organisation is solely responsible for the entrance exams for the B.Com Corporate Secretaryship course. Without any outside interference, the body chooses the pattern and challenges its quality. As an overview of the admission tests, the following points are mentioned:
- The question for the exams is based on the class 12 commerce subjects like mathematics, economics, and commerce as major subjects.
- The objective-type question is preferred.
- Online or offline modes of examination are suitable depending on the body
- The standard of the questions is of professionals
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Syllabus
The B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship curriculum is broken into six semesters. The main features and subjects are all the same as per UGC criteria; however, some of the subjects or papers are changed according to the rules and regulations of the individual institutions and colleges.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Financial Accounting Company Law and Secretaryship Practice-I Allied Paper: Managerial Economics Marketing / Corporate E-Management||Advanced Financial Accounting Human Resource Management Allied Paper: International Trade / Corporate Finance / Business Communication|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Corporate Accounting-I Company law and Secretaryship Practice-II Allied Paper: Statistics – I / Auditing / Fair Trade Principles||Corporate Accounting-II Business Management Allied Paper: Statistics – II / Banking / Theory Law & Practice / Elements of Insurance|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Management Accounting Securities and Market operations Income Tax Law and Practice-I Commercial Law Elective: Entrepreneurial Development||Cost Accounting Industrial Laws Income Tax Law & Practice-II Indirect Taxes Project (Institutions Training)|
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Top Colleges
The following are the top BCom Corporate Secretaryship colleges in India:
|College Name||City||Average Annual Fees in INR|
|Kakatiya University||Warangal||INR 13,930|
|Dr Gr Damodaran College of Women||Coimbatore||INR 80,000|
|Erode Arts and Science College-Autonomous||Erode||INR 15,000|
|Cheran College for Women||Tiruppur||INR 15,000|
|Alpha Arts and Science College||Chennai||INR 7,000|
|Dr RK Shanmugam College of Arts and Science||Villupuram||INR 7,500|
|Sree Narayana College||Kozhikode||INR 22,500|
|Bharathidasan Government College for Women||Pondicherry||INR 8,000|
BCom Corporate Secretaryship College Comparison
The table below shows a comparison of top BCom Corporate Secretaryship Colleges in India based on several parameters:
|Parameter||Alpha Arts and Science College||Kakatiya University – [KU], Warangal||Cheran College for Women|
|Overview||Alpha Arts and Science College is a NAAC accredited grade-A college in Chennai. It was established in 1996 as a private college under the affiliation of the University of Madras, Chennai.||Established in 1976, Kakatiya University is a UGC approved public University located in Warangal, Telangana.||Established as a private college in 1992, Cheran College for Women is a college under Bangalore University.|
|Average fee||INR 7,000||INR 13, 930||INR 15,000|
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Course Comparison
A B.Com in Cooperation is a three-year full-time degree programme designed for individuals interested in pursuing a career in cooperative management. Cooperation Theory and Development, Cooperative Law, Cooperative Credit and Banking, Cost Accounting, Cooperative Management, Cooperative Accounting and Audit, and many more topics are covered in this course.
Students who want to take a course in corporate secretaryship and work in the field of corporate law, on the other hand. Commercial Laws, Company Law and Secretaryship Practice, Financial Accounting, Business Management, Industrial Laws, Company Accounting, Income Tax Law & Practice, Marketing / Corporate E-Management, Indirect Taxes Project (Institutions Training), and so on are some of the main topics covered in this course. A comparison of the two courses is presented here.
B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship) vs B.Com Cooperation
|Parameters||B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship)||B.Com Cooperation|
|Course duration||3 years||3 years|
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria||455 in 10+2 with Commerce||50% 10+2|
|Course Fee||INR 3000-1Lakh||INR 3000-1Lakh|
|Average Starting Salary||5LPA||6LPA|
|Job roles||Credit Analysts, Sales Team Manager, Risk Analysts, Executive Assistant, Corporate Manager, Export Manager, Sales Executive||Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Finance Manager, Account Executive, Financial Analyst, etc.|
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Jobs
Students who complete a B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship will have access to a variety of corporate job options. This degree is only for those who want to start working in a corporate environment. The corporate Secretaryship includes both clerical and managerial positions.
|JOB POSITION||JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY|
|Corporate Financial Analyst||Corporate Finance Advisors specialize in mergers and acquisitions. A merger is when two companies become one, through shareholding; while an acquisition refers to a complete corporate takeover.||INR 3,55,000|
|Corporate Credit Analyst||Commercial Credit Analysts evaluate the credit worthiness of businesses and determine their ability to repay loans and lines of credit, used in purchasing equipment and other goods.||INR 5,00,000|
|Corporate Sales Executive||Sales Managers train and direct teams of salespeople in a company setting. Executives may assign sales territories and set income goals and assign quotas for Sales Representatives. Employers prefer to hire Sales Managers with specialized skills in business administration and computer applications.||INR 5,51,000|
|Export Manager||Import-Export Specialists perform a variety of duties such as documenting shipments to ensure that they are in compliance with customs rules and regulations. They also counsel clients on matters such as tariffs, insurance, and quotas.||INR 4,98,000|
|Corporate Manager||Business Operations Managers plan and organize the many activities of businesses and non-profit organizations. Business Operations Managers may be responsible for overseeing a variety of departments from Human Resources to accounts payable.||INR 6,00,000|
BCom Corporate Secretaryship Scope
The Bachelor of Commerce in Corporate Secretaryship is a three-year programme. Graduates with this degree can begin their careers in clerical or managerial positions, depending on their skills and inclinations. Higher studies in the following streams are part of the future scope of the B.Com Corporate Secretaryship.
- ICWA: If you want to improve your practical understanding, you can take the ICWA course, also known as the Cost Accounting Management course. You will learn how to deal with large amounts of financial data in this course. It provides you with practical knowledge on how to run a business with the resources you have.
- MBA in finance: An MBA in finance is also an option. Depending on your preferred manner of study, you can take this course in distance mode, executive mode, or normal mode. If you want to keep your job, executive or distance learning will suffice, but if you want to advance your career by taking a risk, you should pursue a full-time MBA, particularly in finance. This is a hazardous decision, but the compensation and employment opportunities following the course will be more diverse and higher.
What Does a Corporate Secretary Do?
To know what a B.Com cs does? first, one’s must understand “what is B.Com Corporate Secretaryship” BCom cs duration for the 3-year in an undergraduate course with various job opportunities
- Research and Development: The expert in this field researches and develops a simple and covenant method to introduce new tactics into business.
- Designing Product: After the research and development process, the product is designed in its form, whether it be a service or any other.
- Systems Management: The skilled and experienced employee is. Responsible for the management process.
- Marketing: The designed product, after passing all the necessary tests, is ready for the supply for the marketing.
Reasons Why B.Com Corporate Secretaryship Can Fetch You a Rewarding Career?
Demand: B.Com Corporate Secretaryship course has been in demand for the past few decades and continues to increase the number of aspirants pursuing the course, with satisfactory salaries and various job scopes. This course gives aspirants the opportunities to even work as a public or private employee.
Decent Salary and Job Growth: According to Payscale, the average salary of a B.Com Corporate Secretaryship in India is INR 7 LPA, and the highest package is INR 25 LPA. The salary package depends upon the skills and experience of the aspirants.
Preparation Tips for B.Com Corporate Secretaryship
Know the Syllabus: Aspirants pursuing the B.Com Corporate Secretaryship course must have the perfect knowledge of the syllabus and subjects included.
Make a Plan: Aspirants need to work on the plan set by themselves before entrance exams, so no time is wasted.
Strengthen Your Fundamentals: The focus on the particular course is a must for the aspirants. The aspirants must revise the class 12 books on commerce-related subjects.
Career Options After B.Com Corporate Secretaryship
After completing the course of B.Com Corporate Secretaryship, aspirants can pursue work in various public and private sectors depending on their preferences and career options.
Mentioned below is the list of industries that employee aspirants:
- Textiles Industries
- Tours and Travels
Mentioned below is the list of public based sectors that employee aspirants are:
- Indian Railways
- Indian Armed Forces
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- Indian Space Research Organisation
- State Wise Road Transport board
- Indian Oil Corporation
Skills That Make You The Best Corporate Secretary
The skills that make the best corporate secretary are developed via hard work and experience, and the aspirants are trained in such a manner that they can handle any situation independently using their knowledge of academics and practical classes attended during the due course of 3-year, for the B.Com Corporate Secretaryship.
Mentioned below is the list of skills required for the aspirants:
- Critical thinking
- Knowledge of how markets operate
- An understanding of business
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Math skills
- Writing skills
BCom Corporate Secretaryship FAQs
Ans. A B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship opens the door to a wide range of higher education opportunities. ACS, ICWA, and MBA in finance are three excellent options depending on the needs and goals of the students.
Ans. A minimum of 45 per cent in the aggregate 10+2 examination is required to apply for the B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship. Students with a commerce background will be given preference based on the crucial qualifying criteria of the particular college. Before applying, make sure you meet all of the eligibility requirements.
Ans. A Commerce graduate with a concentration in Corporate Secretaryship is qualified for positions in corporations. B.Com is an entry-level qualification, and after that, he or she can work as a sales representative, risk analyst, credit analyst, corporate manager, and a variety of other jobs.
Ans. Candidates must present the following documents while applying for a Bachelor of Commerce in Corporate Secretaryship. Many institutions, such as Cheran College for Women, prefer to keep the originals until the course is completed.
Ans. Yes, each college that offers a B.Com in Corporate Secretaryship has a dedicated placement unit to help students find jobs. Students can participate in on-campus and off-campus placement drives, as well as receive placement assistance. For information about a given college’s placement, the aspirant should contact that college.
Ans. The cost of a B.Com in Corporate Scholarship programme begins at $5,000 per year. Institutes offering the course can be of considerable assistance to candidates seeking scholarships or tuition waivers. Scholarships are available at every institute, college, and university for meritorious students. Before applying, aspirants should contact the admissions office of the institute of their choosing.
Ans. There are a variety of courses available, each with a particular focus. You must decide on your area of interest and the degree you want to pursue. A bachelor’s degree in corporate secretaryship is a specialist degree in commerce that focuses on corporate finance rules and theories. A general B.Com degree, on the other hand, gives a broad understanding of commerce. Students who want to pursue a conventional B.Com degree can choose from a variety of specialised courses available in future study options.
Ans. A B.Com corporate secretary is in charge of keeping track of all financial choices made by the organisation. He or she is critical at any board meeting since he or she keeps track of all financial records. Maintaining financial records, credit records, debt records, financial data, excise data, import-export data from customs, sales figures, sales targets, cash flow, and fluid asset analysis, risk mitigation, coordinating and managing the sales team, and many other responsibilities are the responsibility of a corporate secretary commerce graduate.
Ans. Chartered accountancy is an excellent field of study that necessitates prior academic in-depth knowledge and experience in the subject. B.Com in CS, on the other hand, is a graduation degree that serves as a foundational course in the subject of studies. Yes, students who want to start their profession with a basic course should pick B.Com in corporate secretaryship rather than an advanced course like CA.
Ans. For its students, the B.Com in corporate secretaryship course includes extensive modules focused on in-depth knowledge of several computer applications. This course provides students with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, file management systems, and speech recognition transcription software. Following that, students can enrol in any other advanced career development computer application course that they like.