A 3-year advanced undergraduate degree in computer and mathematical sciences is the BCA Data Science Course. The curriculum was created to address the demands of the modern IT sector. Students can gain an in-depth understanding of Data Science and software application topics through this advanced course in data science.
Students who are interested in pursuing a BCA in data science must have completed their 10+2 examinations with a minimum score of 50% in Math from an accredited Board. Typically, a candidate’s scores on entrance tests for the course, like the ACET, KL, or CET exams, determine if they are admitted to the programme. However, there aren’t many institutions that provide merit-based admissions.
The best and most well-known universities that provide a BCA in data science are Apex University, Jain University in Bangalore, Sage University, LNCT University in Bhopal, and many more. In India, the cost to enrol in the BCA Data Science programme ranges from INR 2,00,000 to INR 3,00,000.
Graduates who successfully complete the programme can find employment in a variety of respectable fields, including those of machine learning engineer, data scientist, business analyst, and others. Deloitte, Amazon, Accenture, LinkedIn, and many other companies of similar nature are among the leading employers of these individuals. Their typical first-year pay typically varies from INR 5,00,000 to INR 8,00,000.
Table of Contents
BCA Data Science: Highlights
|Course Name||BCA Data Science|
|Course Type||Undergraduate Course|
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Examination Type||Semester Based|
|Eligibility||50% marks at an average in 10+2 level with Maths as a compulsory subject|
|Admission process||Entrance Based / Merit Based|
|Course Fee||INR 2,00,000 to INR 3,00,000|
|Course Average Salary||INR 5,00,000 to 8,00,000 per annum|
|Top Recruiters||Deloitte, Amazon, Accenture, LinkedIn and much more of the same kind.|
|Job Position||Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, Business Analyst and much more.|
About the Course
BCA Data Science course focused primarily on providing seekers with relevant knowledge of the various areas of Computer and Software Applications alongside Data Science courses. The main purpose of this study is to maintain a healthy balance between data science and computer applications by closing the gap between the two fields.
Currently, only a few colleges offer BCA Data Science courses. This is a world-renowned course that will prepare you for work in the field of data science. BCA Data Science graduates have the opportunity to study various subjects such as Database Management systems, Mathematics and Opportunities, Machine Learning, Big Data Analysis, and so on.
There are a variety of high-paying job opportunities after graduation. The demand for Data Science and Mechanization experts is very high.
BCA Data Science: Course Details
- BCA Data Science is an undergraduate programme that primarily focuses on giving students the necessary understanding of the many Computer and Software Applications fields in addition to the disciplines of Data Science.
- By bridging the gap between the two professions, the course’s principal objective is to maintain a healthy balance between data science and computer applications.
- The BCA Data Science course is currently only offered at a select few colleges. You will be prepared for a job in the field of data sciences with the help of this widely recognised course.
- Graduates of the BCA Data Science programme get the chance to learn about a variety of topics, including big data analytics, machine learning, statistics and probability, and database management systems.
- After passing the course, a number of well-paying work options exist. Professionals with knowledge of data science and machine learning are in high demand.
Why Study BCA Data Science?
Due to its many advantages, the BCA Data Science course has recently become highly popular among students. The advantages below are available to BCA Data Science students:
- A three-year undergraduate degree programme in BCA Data Science focuses on educating and preparing students for careers in the fields of data science and various computer and software applications.
- For students who are interested in learning more about topics like database management systems, statistics and probability, machine learning, big data analytics, and other related topics, this course is a great option.
- A BCA in data science will teach you not only the fundamentals of data science and programming languages but also about software development and computer applications.
- Although BCA Data Science is currently highly popular, there is a strong need for experts in this subject. Technology development is expanding this field’s potential every day.
- Students may find lucrative work prospects as machine learning engineers, data scientists, business analysts, and more after successfully completing the course.
- With experience and expertise, these professionals’ starting salaries might increase from INR 5,00,000 to INR 8,00,000.
BCA Data Science: Admission Process
Candidates must check their eligibility before submitting an application for the BCA Data Science programme in order to be admitted to the programme. One must take and pass entrance examinations in addition to fulfilling the course prerequisites. Here is a step-by-step explanation of the admissions procedure:
Below is a description of the requirements for admission to BCA Data Science courses for your reference.
- Students must have passed their 10+2 qualifying exam with at least a 50% grade point average.
- Students must have earned their 10+2 diplomas from an accredited school or institution.
- Additionally, a student must have earned a 10+2 diploma in the science stream with mathematics as a required subject. In 10+2, one may select the computer as an elective subject.
- The prospective candidate must not have any outstanding work from their prior educational level.
- Candidates must pass an entrance exam held at the national or university level in addition to these requirements in order to be accepted into the best colleges or universities.
The following list includes the most recent revisions and the admissions process for BCA Data Science Admissions 2022:
- Candidates for entry-based admission must have passed the entrance exam required for admission to the programme, such as the ACET, Poornima University Entrance Test, or any other CET offered by a recognised organisation.
- Most Indian institutions require a minimum of 50% at the 10+2 level in order to admit students to the relevant programme.
- Following a number of stages, including a college entrance exam, a group debate, a personal interview, and a final merit list, admission to some colleges or universities is given.
- At the majority of colleges that offer the BCA in Data Science, candidates must be well-prepared for a round of personal interviews.
The table below lists the many entrances that are taken into account for admission to BCA data science programmes in India:
Types of BCA Data Science Courses
The majority of BCA Data Science programmes are offered as 3-year undergraduate full-time programmes. Candidates who want to pursue a BCA in data science should enrol in the normal mode of the course because it has a lot of lab and practical project work. One should enrol in a full-time course in order to increase their knowledge of Data Science and obtain practical experience.
A 3-year advanced undergraduate degree in computer and mathematical sciences, the BCA Data Science is offered full-time. By bridging the gap between the two professions, the course’s principal objective is to maintain a healthy balance between data science and computer applications.
Students have the chance to study a variety of topics with the BCA Data Science course syllabus, including database management systems, statistics and probability, machine learning, big data analytics, and more. They can learn about data science and computer applications in the course. Industrial sectors place a great value on the BCA Data Science degree, and it is widely acknowledged as a legitimate certificate.
Distance Education Course
Currently, only colleges in India are offering the new advanced education in data science known as BCA Data Science. The BCA Data Science programme includes labs, projects, elective studies, and language classes. This is a brand-new course, so remote learning is not an option for it.
BCA Data Science: Syllabus & Subjects
The 3-year BCA Data Science programme has a curriculum split into domain-related academics and practical/research modules that provide students with in-depth knowledge of data science and data structure. The course’s syllabus has been designed to cover all of the topics and ideas connected to data science.
BCA Data Science Subjects
For your information, the following are some of the themes or topics that are covered in the BCA Data Science curriculum:
|Big Data Analytics||Python Programming|
|Computer Networks||Data Modelling and Visualisation|
|Introduction to Data Mining||Database Management|
|Discrete Mathematics||Statistics and Probability|
BCA Data Science: Top Colleges
The following table chart lists some of the most renowned and acclaimed colleges and universities that offer BCA Data Science programmes:
|College Name||Average Annual fees(INR)|
|Apex University||INR 1,00,000 to INR 3,20,000|
|Poornima University||INR 3,00,000 to INR 4,00,000|
|KL University||INR 1,00,000 to INR 2,00,000|
|SAGE University||INR 3,00,000 to INR 4,00,000|
|VELS Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies||INR 3,00,000|
|Vivekananda Global University||INR 3,22,000|
|BS Abdur Rahman Institute of Science and Technology||INR 2,55,000|
|Teerthanker Mahaveer College of Computing Sciences and Information Technology||INR 1,38,000|
BCA Data Science: Top Colleges Abroad
Students who want to study BCA Data Science abroad can enrol in courses in the same subject from nations like the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada, which provide the best programmes in this area. The best locations for computer science courses are regarded to be in these nations.
Candidates must pass an English proficiency test, such as the TOEFL or IELTS, in addition to meeting the eligibility requirements in order to study in any of these countries. The following list includes some of the top universities in the world that offer courses in this area:
|College Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Southern Illinois University Carbondale||INR 13,44,584|
|University of Plymouth||–|
|University of Texas||INR 20,83,861|
|University of Greenwich||INR 14,67,611|
|University of Portsmouth||INR 17,81,377|
|Saskatchewan Polytechnic College||INR 12,57,339|
|University of the Arts London||INR 23,19,838|
|University of Missouri||INR 17,42,520|
|Oklahoma State University||INR 21,17,647|
BCA Data Science: Jobs Profiles
With a BCA in data science, students can choose from a number of professions. There are numerous openings, including those for Business Analysts, Data scientists, and Machine Learning engineers. Following is a detailed list of some of the most typical career pathways for such graduates along with the accompanying salaries:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Business Analyst||They examine, analyse, and assess the company’s business systems and client needs. They offer suggested solutions to the issues they’ve uncovered. When they get all the information and reports they need they compile and organise them.||INR 5,00,000 to INR 6,00,000|
|Data Scientist||The role of a data scientist is to use machine learning technologies and data analytic abilities to find valuable information from a large amount of data. They improve data collection techniques to better suit the needs of the business.||INR 6,00,000 to INR 7,00,000|
|Statistician||They are in charge of doing statistical analyses and interpretations in order to determine the relationship between various sources of information. For a wide range of initiatives, they also organise and advise appropriate data collection methods.||INR 4,50,000 to INR 5,00,000|
|Software Engineer||Software engineers are in charge of creating software solutions based on the information requirements they’ve identified. After creating and implementing software solutions, they create information systems.||INR 4,50,000 to INR 5,00,000|
Graduates are in high demand in this profession, and numerous national and international employers offer a range of work options with competitive compensation. The following list of top employers of BCA graduates includes:
BCA Data Science Scope
Graduates in this sector have a tonne of opportunities, and the programme offers a variety of positions with competitive salaries. The need for graduates in this profession has been growing steadily over the last few years. Candidates can obtain attractive and well-paying jobs after completing a BCA in Data Science.
- IT is the most prevalent industry where BCA Data Science programme graduates can find employment.
- The BCA Data Science degree is currently quite popular in the industrial sector and is well-liked all across the world.
- If the students are still determined to succeed in this subject, they may pursue additional studies in it in order to learn more about it.
- In recent years, the course has demonstrated its subject-matter expertise and its capacity to offer students good work possibilities that are in line with their data science interests.
BCA Data Science: FAQs
Ans. BCA Data Science is an undergraduate programme that primarily focuses on giving students the necessary understanding of the many Computer and Software Applications fields in addition to the disciplines of Data Science.
Ans. The selection of candidates for admission to this particular programme is dependent on their performance in entrance tests like the ACET, Poornima University Entrance Test, or any other CET held by a recognised university.
Ans. The most reputed colleges offering the course of BCA Data Science are as follows:
Ans. To be eligible for admission to the programme, prospective students must have earned an average of at least 50% in high school (10+2) from an accredited institution with math as a required subject.
Ans. When the course is successfully completed, these individuals will have access to a variety of chances for their careers in this industry. They are qualified to fill well-known employment roles such as machine learning engineer, data scientist, business analyst, and many others.
Ans. The average course fee ranges from INR 2,00,000 to INR 3,00,000.
Ans. Yes, BCA Data Science Courses are available for students in abroad countries like the USA, UK, Canada and so on.
Ans. The average initial salary of these professionals ranges between INR 5,00,000 to INR 8,00,000.
Ans. They might be able to find lucrative employment in organisations and sectors including the industry, energy, telecommunications, and many others.
Ans. The BCA Data Science degree is currently quite popular in the industrial sector and is well-liked all across the world.
In recent years, the course has demonstrated its subject-matter expertise and its capacity to offer students good work possibilities that are in line with their data science interests. If the students are still determined to succeed in this subject, they may pursue additional studies in it in order to learn more about it.