After completing class XII in India, students can pursue a 3-year undergraduate degree known as BBA Aviation or Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation. Candidates who are interested in this programme should have earned a class 12 diploma from a reputable university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50%. Higher secondary test scores are crucial because admittance to this degree is merit-based and occasionally preceded by an interview.
Nevertheless, only a select few universities, including Lovely Professional University and Jagannath University, admit applicants once they have aced the entrance tests. In that situation, the main entryways to breach are LPUNEST and JUEE. In India, the annual cost of the training ranges from 70,000 to 4,000,000.
BBA Aviation offers a solid managerial foundation, particularly in the area of aviation and the airline industry. Students can study airport design, passenger forecasts, airport security, fire safety, etc. with this course. They will be better able to comprehend the business, spot issues, and resolve them as the aviation industry’s conditions change.
After completing this course, graduates are given a variety of employment options in airports, airlines, flight schools, airline insurance firms, educational institutions, etc. They may work as a manager of credit control, an operations manager for an airport, a programme manager, an assistant manager for an airport, etc. The typical pay is anticipated to fall between INR 4-6 lakhs annually.
The graduates are also qualified to pursue advanced degrees like an MBA. Additionally, they have the option of training for positions in the government and obtaining management positions there.
Table of Contents
BBA Aviation: Course Highlights
|BBA Aviation Course level||Undergraduate|
|BBA Aviation Course level Full form||Bachelors of Business Administration in Aviation|
|BBA Aviation Course level Duration||3 years|
|BBA Aviation Course level Eligibility||Passed 10+2 with a minimum 50% aggregate.|
|BBA Aviation Course level Admission Process||Merit-based, followed by an interview|
|BBA Aviation Course level Course fee||INR 70,000 to INR 400,000 annually|
|BBA Aviation Course level Average Salary||INR 4 – 8 lakhs per annum|
|BBA Aviation Course level Job Positions||Credit control manager, airport manager, program manager, assistant airport manager, airport operations manager, etc.|
|BBA Aviation Course level Areas of employment||Airports, airlines, Flight schools, Airline insurance companies, Sales & advertising companies, educational institutes, etc.|
|BBA Aviation Course level Top Recruiting Companies||Air India, India Jet Airways, Alliance Air, Air Costa, Air Heritage, Air Deccan, Air India Charters Ltd, SpiceJet, IndiGo, etc|
BBA Aviation Admission Process
The majority of BBA Aviation admissions are made on the basis of merit, or through class XII test scores. Prior to inviting the individuals who made the shortlist for an interview, the scores are first assessed. Then, a letter of offer for admission is given to the chosen students.
However, only a select few universities, including Jagannath University and Lovely Professional University, provide admission through entrance tests. Candidates will have to go through the following admissions procedures in order to apply for the course:
- Step 1: Check your eligibility on the university website.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form if you are qualified. The institute can require certain paperwork and the application cost.
- Step 3: A merit list will be made public by the college. You will be invited to the group discussion and interview if your name is on the list.
- Step 4: If there are entrance exams, apply and get ready to take the test.
- Step 5: The institute will send an offer letter upon selection. To reserve your place, accept the letter within the allotted time. And after that, you can enlist.
BBA Aviation Eligibility
The following requirements should be met by applicants in order to be eligible to apply to any top universities for a BBA in aviation:
- A recognised board’s 10+2 exam, or an equivalent, should have been passed by the candidate.
- They needed a minimum combined score of 50% in 10+2 (or 45% in the case of the reserved category).
BBA Aviation Entrance Exam
There are very few colleges that use entrance exams to determine admission. Among them are:
- For admission to a variety of undergraduate and graduate programmes, Lovely Professional University administers the LPUNEST entrance and scholarship exam.
- JUEE: This entrance test is given to candidates who wish to enrol in one of the many UG programmes offered by Jagannath University.
|Exam Name||Exam Mode|
How to Prepare for BBA Aviation Entrance Exams?
The following advice has to be taken into account for improved success in BBA aviation entrance exams:
- The majority of the quantitative questions are drawn from math in classes X and XII. Therefore, it is important to understand these fundamental ideas, formulas, and shortcuts.
- Practice sample test questions and mock tests frequently to become familiar with the format and organisation of the exam.
- Utilize your time wisely by responding to each and every question. The paper should be solved using shortcuts.
- Start reading the news every day to sharpen your general knowledge abilities. General Knowledge is examined in admission tests and occasionally in group discussions and personal interviews.
How to get admission into good colleges?
The following considerations must be made in order to be admitted to top BBA colleges like AIMS Institute in Bangalore, IIKM Business School in Chennai, and others:
- Since most institutions base admission on class XII scores, kids would need to perform very well in the class XII exam in order to get into a reputable college.
- They will also need to get ready for the interview procedure. Being self-assured is crucial. Being a student of commerce can be advantageous because they may be familiar with the fundamentals of management.
- For GD/PI, students in the arts and sciences should have a foundational understanding of the course material and current events.
- YouTube tutorials on interview preparation are also beneficial.
- So that you don’t miss any vital messages, keep yourself informed about the course cut-off, the application process, the application deadline, the application price, etc.
BBA Aviation: What is it about?
To learn more about the specifics of the BBA Aviation course, look over the points below:
- The three-year undergraduate BBA Aviation programme covers the study of airports, businesses, airlines, and every facet of the aviation sector.
- In-depth information about air travel, airport operations, financial accounting, passenger forecasts, marketing, airport planning, etc. is provided by the course.
- It covers topics including cost and management accounting, business communication, airline marketing management, an introductory course on cargo, airline and airport management, and financial accounting.
- The students enrolled in this programme have excellent management abilities in the aviation industry. They learn great customer service abilities, effective communication, and interpersonal skills in the course as well.
- The course trains students for a variety of jobs in the aviation business, including managing, marketing, and forecasting passenger traffic.
Why study BBA Aviation?
Time is the most valuable resource in today’s society, and the aviation sector significantly contributes to time savings by offering quick transportation.
The aviation sector is expanding rapidly, creating a wide range of exciting job prospects for BBA Aviation graduates.
Here are some fascinating reasons why pursuing a BBA in aviation can be beneficial:
- BBA Aviation is a major driver of tourism and so has a big impact on the economy of our nation.
- When people consider careers in aviation, they frequently consider becoming pilots or flight attendants. However, managing this specific business is precisely what the BBA in Aviation programme teaches.
- The students are prepared with the abilities needed to oversee the proper operation of the airport and airlines.
- The aviation sector needs management as well as branding. since persuading consumers to purchase pricey services is difficult. Students with a BBA or MBA are therefore greatly needed.
- Graduates of the BBA Aviation programme have access to a wide range of fascinating work prospects, including those for credit control managers, programme managers, assistant airport managers, and managers of airport operations, among others.
- The school also gives them the chance to find employment in industries besides aviation, such as product-based businesses, advertising agencies, marketing firms, logistics, etc.
- Top and well-known airlines including Air India, India Jet Airways, Alliance Air, Air Costa, and Air Heritage hire candidates. These businesses pay an annual salary ranging from INR 4 to 8 lakhs on average.
- The graduates also have access to higher-level professional programmes including MBA.
Course Comparison: BBA aviation and BSc aviation
The comparison between BBA aviation and BSc aviation is provided here, taking into account factors like eligibility, the admissions procedure, results, placement, employment chances, etc.
|Parameters||BBA Aviation||BSc Aviation|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation||Bachelor of Science in Aviation|
|Course Overview||BBA Aviation offers in-depth knowledge about air transport, airport operations, passenger forecasting, etc. But the approach of the course is from a management perspective.||With subjects taught like air transport, airport operations, passenger forecasting, etc.BSc Aviation is offered a more scientific approach.|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 with a minimum 50% aggregate.||candidates must have completed 10+2 with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based, followed by an interview||Merit-based/Entrance-based|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 70,000 to INR 4,00,000 annually||INR 40,000 to INR 2,00,000 annually|
|Top Colleges||AIMS Institute, Bangalore|
Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore
Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS), Chennai
IIKM Business School, Chennai
|FIP’s Institute of Aviation and Aviation Safety, Andhra Pradesh Aviation Academy, University of Mumbai, Flytech Aviation Academy, etc|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 4 – 8 lakhs per annum||INR 3 – 6 lakhs per annum|
BBA Aviation Colleges
The BBA Aviation degree is offered by many colleges. The following list includes some of India’s best BBA Aviation colleges:
|College Name||City||Average Annual Fees (INR)||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|AIMS Institute||Bangalore||INR 2,28,000||8 LPA|
|Kristu Jayanti College||Bangalore||INR 80,000||INR 5.5 LPA|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS)||Chennai||INR 9,02,200||INR 10 LPA|
|IIKM Business School, Chennai||Chennai||INR 95,000||INR 5 LPA|
|Jagannath University||Bahadurgarh||INR 75,000||INR 8.65 LPA|
|Yashwant Rao Chavan Maharashtra Open University- [Ycmou]||Nashik||INR 72,000||INR 5.75 LPA|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies [UPES]||Dehradun||INR 2, 24,000||INR 9 LPA|
|G D Goenka University||Gurgaon||INR 2,06,000||–|
|Hillside Business School||Bangalore||INR 51,333||INR 6 LPA|
BBA Aviation is offered by a number of colleges. A comparison of a few of the best BBA aviation colleges is provided here, based on factors like ranking, average costs, average salaries, etc.
|Parameters||AIMS Institute||Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science||IIKM Business School|
|Overview||It has been ranked among the top b-schools in the country. They offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in management, science, and humanities.||It is a deemed university and offers UG, PG, and doctorate courses in the field of engineering, management, science, arts, and commerce.||It is the fastest transforming B-school that offers industry-oriented programs in various streams of management education.|
|Business Today Ranking||67||102||147|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 2,28,000||INR 9,02,200||INR 95,000|
|Average Annual Package||INR 8 LPA||INR 10 LPA||INR 5 LPA|
|Top recruiters||Federal bank, Canbank Factor, Deloitte Consulting, Mahindra & Mahindra Finance, Disha Investment, Finance World, HDFC, etc.||Accenture, Cognizant, Infosys, CSS Group, Amazon, etc.||Axis Bank, Airtel, TCS, HCL, Reliance Industries, Standard Chartered, UK Trade, Mahindra Satyam, Matrix Telecom, etc.|
B.Sc. Aviation Skills Required
If candidates want to excel in the field of aviation industry then they are required to be quite adaptive to the constantly changing environment. Candidates must possess appropriate skills that can help them learn the basics of the aviation industry and become a master in their field. Some of the top skills required by candidates for excelling in the B.Sc. aviation and the job market are mentioned below:
|Interest in science and technology||Analytical skills|
|Communication skills||Critical thinking skills|
|Understanding of aviation parts||Decision-making skills|
BBA Aviation Syllabus
The BBA Aviation programme lasts six semesters. Prior language study is followed by the foundations of management and aviation in the course.
The degree of subject complexity gradually rises throughout the course of the semesters. The course’s semester-by-semester curriculum is listed below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Introduction to Management & Leadership (Online)||Organizational Behavior|
|Introduction to Aviation Industry||Business Economics I|
|Business Mathematics||Business Statistics|
|Business Accounting||IATA Travel & Tourism(Foundation)|
|Business Communication I||Enrichment course|
|Business Computing||Principles of Management|
|Community Service I||Community Service II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Marketing Management||Business Communication II|
|Research Methodology & Report Writing||Consumer Behavior Market Research|
|Airport Functions of Airlines||Cargo Handling|
|Financial Management||Programme Elective 1|
|Business Economics II||Market Research|
|Open Elective I||Open Elective 2|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Essential of Strategic Management||Airport Customer Services|
|International Business||Aviation Marketing|
|Understanding of Aviation Business||Human Resource Management|
|Dissertation I||Dissertation II|
|Summer Internship||Summer Internship|
|Industry Tour Report||Industry Tour Report|
|Programme Elective 2||Programme Elective 3|
BBA Aviation Elective subjects
The BBA Aviation optional subjects are listed below.
|Aviation Security Awareness||Air Ticketing & Fare Construction|
|Basic Ramp Safety||Customer Relationship Management|
|Crew Resource Management||Airline Advertising & Sales Promotion|
|Services Marketing||Entrepreneurship Development|
BBA Aviation Job prospects and Career options
After earning a BBA in Aviation, you have a lot of career opportunities. The posts of the airport manager, airport operation manager, etc. are open to graduates. They are given a remuneration package worth between INR 4 and 8 lakhs annually. With more education and experience, salaries often rise.
Airports, airlines, flight schools, airline insurance companies, sales & advertising firms, educational institutions, etc. are the main employers. Below are a few of the BBA Aviation job profiles, along with a brief description and a typical compensation package:
|Job profiles||Description||Average salary Package|
|Airline Contracting Manager||Contract managers work in a variety of industries and negotiate any type of contract between the business and the client. Airline contracting managers specially negotiate contracts for the airline industry.||INR 9 LPA|
|Airport Operations Manager||They will be managing airport security, logistics, and airport emergency procedures. They will be responsible for the safety & welfare of managers, pilots, airport staff,, and regulatory agencies. They will be the first point of contact for other administrators, airline officials, and the public.||INR 6.5 LPA|
|Assistant Airport Manager||They help the manager to carry out administrative responsibilities. They are in charge of maintaining employees, airport equipment, airport tenant relations, or any other airport-related work.||INR 7.57 LPA|
|Assistant Teacher||They can work in assisting the senior teachers in the flight school or business school.||INR 4 LPA|
|Credit Control Manager||They help businesses to manage their financial accounts by monitoring and documenting any pending payments.||INR 5 LPA|
Career Options after B.Sc. Aviation
There are various career options after one completes the B.Sc. aviation degree programme. Candidates can start working in the industry with core job profiles such as maintenance engineer, flight service engineer, operations manager and more such profiles. Other than this, candidates can choose to pursue higher education with an M.Sc. degree in the field of aerospace, aeronautics, or aviation management. Aviation management is also one of the most popular career choices among students after completing a B.Sc in aviation.
List of popular career options after B.Sc. aviation
- Service maintenance engineer: A service maintenance engineer is a professional who is responsible for looking after the various equipment and service parts of an aircraft to ensure its proper functioning. The service maintenance engineer is required to remain in constant touch with other engineers of aircraft to ensure timely maintenance and eradicate the problem.
- Pilot: A pilot is a professional who is responsible for operating the aircraft and making sure that no problem occurs during the flying hours. The salary and duties of a pilot vary from company to company.
- Flight testing engineer: A flight testing engineer is a professional who is responsible for maintaining the flight operations and performing the complete verification of a flight and its equipment before takeoff.
- Aircraft maintenance engineer: An aircraft maintenance engineer is a professional who is responsible for making certain parts of an aerospace aircraft and installing them further. The aircraft maintenance engineer also ensures the servicing of these parts from time to time.
- Operations manager: An operations manager is a person who is responsible for verifying and testing their organisation’s goods and products that do not include technical parts. They are responsible for checking parts such as manufacturing units, purchasing units, and warehouses.
- Hindustan Aeronautics
- Spice jet
- Jet airways
- Cambata Aviation
- Ericsson India
Benefits of Studying B.Sc. Aviation
B.Sc. aviation is a quite popular degree programme and offers various opportunities. The degree programme teaches knowledge of flying helicopters, aeroplanes, gliders, and more. The programme also entails knowledge of various parts of aircraft and their functions. After completing a B.Sc. in aviation, students develop a holistic understanding of aircraft and the aviation industry which enables them to choose any field of their interest such as flying branch, technical branch, or ground duty. Students with a degree in B.Sc. aviation can also choose to join Indian Air Force.
BBA Aviation Scope
Graduates can choose to pursue further education or a position in management or operation for the aviation industry’s airside activities. After the course is through, the potential is enormous. Some of the additional study possibilities include:
- Master Of Business Administration [Mba] (Airport Management)
- Master Of Science [M.Sc] (Aviation)
- Master Of Business Administration [Mba] (Airline Management)
- Master Of Business Administration [Mba] (Air Travel Management)
- Master Of Business Administration [Mba] (Aviation Management)
The following factors make taking a BBA Aviation degree and maintaining consistency in the sector profitable:
- Indian airlines recently reported a $122 million US profit.
- Additionally, the Indian government has given the go-ahead for the construction of 18 brand-new airports around the nation, which is expected to cost Rs. 30,000 crores.
BBA Aviation FAQs
Ans. Admissions are typically made on the basis of merit, or the grades received in class XII.
Ans. Candidates applying for the course should have received at least a 50 per cent overall grade in class XII from an accredited university.
Ans. Some of the Ranking Colleges offering the course are:
AIMS Institute, Bangalore
Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore
Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS), Chennai
IIKM Business School, Chennai
Ans. In India, the average cost per year to study BBA Aviation is between 70,000 and 400,000 INR.
Ans. There is a distinction, of course. Normal management courses are taught in the regular BBA programme, whilst issues related to aviation are covered in semesters five and six of the BBA Aviation programme.
Ans. Yes, BBA Aviation offers over 1 lakh job prospects in the aviation industry and has a strong future.
Ans. Trainees in air freight management, airport operation managers, assistant managers in airline reservations, associates in inside sales, customer service assistants in aviation operations, trainees in aero parts, etc. are a few of the employment opportunities that are available.
Ans. The average salary is around INR 4 – 6 lakhs per annum.
Ans. General MBA, MBA in Aviation, MBA in Air Travel Management, MBA in Airline Management, etc. are some of the potential future study options.