The essential principles of use, and the physical and chemical characteristics of oleochemicals and surfactants in textile operations are covered in the BTech Oleochemicals and Surfactant Technology course. Absorption agents, softeners, dyeing helpers, lubricants, and adhesive agents, along with many other things, are commonly used in industrial sectors to lower the surface tension of a liquid and aid in easy distribution.
The BTech Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology program requires a 10+2 education in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry with a minimum of 50–60 percent cumulative. The typical annual price ranges from INR 50,000 to INR 5,00,000. Students can work as producers, engineers, head plant managers, project managers, buy and control quality managers, professors, plant designers, and head chemical engineers after completing the bachelor’s programme, depending on their preferences and fields of specialization.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Admission Procedure for BTech in OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology
Admissions to the BTech in OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology programme are often based on ability in national and state-level entrance tests, accompanied by a round of counseling. Some institutions, however, have their very own set of entry tests. JEE Main, JEE Advanced, or university-level examinations such as AP EAMCET, KIITEE, BEEE, MH CET, etc. are among the highly powerful and familiar national/state level entrance examinations. However, only a few universities provide direct enrollment for this programme based on a student’s merits.
Merit Based Admission
- Students have the option of applying both online and offline. Aspirants can obtain a registration form immediately from the institution or apply online through the different colleges’ official websites.
- The college admissions body will publish a merit list after evaluating all applications’ eligibility. Students should have scored at least 80-85 percent on their 10+2 exams to make the cut-off.
- Qualified applicants must then check their documentation and pay the program price to reserve their spot.
Entrance Based Admission
The following is a step-by-step guide to the admissions procedure:
- To register for an admission exam, candidates must first develop a customized account using certain fundamental information such as an email address, phone number, and password.
- Fill out the registration forms completely and accurately. Scan and submit all relevant documents, such as your 10+2 report card, certifications, caste certificates, pictures, and signatures, in the manner specified on the web portal.
- The required application cost can be paid both online and offline.
- Admit cards, which are necessary for participation in the qualifying examination, will be issued after a thorough assessment of the student’s qualification. For the admission exam, you should be well-prepared.
- Students have to go through the counselling stage after passing the entrance exam in order to select the college of their choosing.
- Finally, you must pay the entrance fee and check all of your documentation in order to confirm your spot for the upcoming academic year.
BTech in OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for B.Tech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology courses vary by college. Students must meet the following necessary requirements to be considered for this curriculum:
- Students must have completed their 10+2 level with Physics and Mathematics as obligatory courses and one of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, or any other technical course from a recognized board or council.
- Some institutions make English one of the required disciplines.
- At the 10+2 level, students must receive at least 45-50 percent of the total marks.
- Students from the SC/ST reserved category are eligible for a 5% reduction in their required scores.
BTech in OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology: Entrance Exams
For admission to the BTech in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology programme, a variety of national and state-level entrance tests are taken into account. Furthermore, a small number of institutions also have their own BTech Entrance Exams. The following are among the most common B. Tech Electronics Control System Engineering entrance tests:
JEE Main: It is a national-level entry exam administered by the NTA for admission to bachelor’s engineering degree programmes at India’s premier institutes.
JEE Advanced: This is yet another national-level entrance exam conducted online by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Students must pass the JEE Main test in order to take this examination.
AP EAMCET: It is a state-level qualifying test held by JNTU Kakinada for getting admissions in Engineering, Medical, and Agricultural courses provided by Andhra Pradesh’s leading schools and institutions.
KIITEE: The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology administers a university-level admissions test for admissions to B.Tech and dual degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) programmes.
UPSEE: The UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Test) is a state-level exam in Uttar Pradesh. It is held to determine eligibility for admission to APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh’s Undergraduate Engineering programmes.
Suggestions for Preparing for the BTech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology Entrance Exam
- Start dividing your time: Students cannot afford to study without a deadlines, therefore they should allocate their days to specific topics and complete them before the deadline.
- Maintain your sources confined: Keeping your resources limited is a must-do step for candidates who want to stay focused, and having numerous sources will only add to the stress. As a result, individuals must conduct thorough research and create a study schedule that they can keep to. Make in mind that candidates ca n’t include everything from every source, so keep it basic and precise.
- Revision is Crucial: Students must not wait until the final minute to revise. They must schedule revision sessions on a regular basis. They should jot down some quick notes for last-minute reading to minimise unneeded stress before the exam.
BTech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology: Course Overview
The following are among the features of the BTech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology course:
|Name of the course||BTech in OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology|
|Duration||4 years, Full-time|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 level education in Physics, Mathematics, and chemistry with at least 50% – 60% aggregate.|
|Admission Process||JEE-Mains/direct admission in some cases|
|Average Course Fee||INR 260,000 to 600,000|
|Average Salary||INR 300,000 to 600,000|
|Top recruiting companies||Godrej, Asian Paints, etc.|
|Job profile||Production Engineer, Head Plant Manager, Project Manager, Purchase and Control Quality Manager, Professor, Plant Designer, Head Chemical Engineer, etc.|
What are the merits of pursuing a BTech in Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology?
- It is especially advantageous for students who have a keen interest in the textile, chemical, or paint industries and are keen to learn more about them.
- BTech Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology is a specialist programme designed to teach students how to blend textile fibres with oleochemicals to benefit our industrial welfare.
- Employment prospects in R&D, Business Development, Process Engineering, Design Engineering, and Chemical Engineering may be available to students.
BTech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology: Course Benefits
- The fundamentals of the OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology curriculum familiarise applicants with the theory and application of oleochemicals and surfactants’ physical and chemical properties in textile processes.
- More is being learned about the link among oleochemicals and textile fibres. Wetting agents, softeners, dyeing helpers, lubricants, and gluing agents are just a few of the industries that employ oleochemicals to reduce the surface tension of a liquid and make it easier to spread.
- It is extremely advantageous to a candidate. This curriculum is ideal for individuals who have a strong passion in the textile, chemical, or paint industries and want to learn more about them.
BTech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology: Best Colleges
The following are some of the most prestigious universities in India that provide BTech in OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology, as well as the average annual fees paid by each.
|NAME OF COLLEGE||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEE|
|Institute of Chemical Technology||INR 230,000|
|North Maharashtra University||INR 350,000|
Recommeneded Books for BTech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology Course
Some of the important reference books are mentioned below:
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Advances in Electrochemical Science and Engineering||Gerischer and C. W. Tobnia|
|Advances in food and nutrition research||Steve L. Taylor|
|Introduction to Nanotechnology||John Wiley & Sons|
|The chemistry of essential oils||D. G. Williams|
|Industrial Applications of Surfactants-II||D. R. Karsa|
|Specialty Chemicals Innovations in industrial applications||B Pearson|
Syllabus for BTech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology
A semester-by-semester overview of the subjects covered in BTech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology programmes is shown below.
|FIRST SEMESTER||SECOND SEMESTER||THIRD SEMESTER|
|Mathematics-1||Electrical Engineering and Electronics||Mathematics-II|
|Organic Chemistry-1||Inorganic Chemistry||Mechanical Operations|
|Workshop Technology||Physics||Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics|
|Physical Chemistry||Generation and Transmission of Mechanical Power||Heat Transfer|
|Computer Science and Application||Engineering Graphics||Chemistry and Technology of oils and fats|
|Material Technology||Communication and Soft Skill||Industrial Management and Economics|
|FOURTH SEMESTER||FIFTH SEMESTER||SIXTH SEMESTER|
|Applied and Structural Mechanics||Mass Transfer Operations||Machine Design and Drawing|
|Organic Chemistry-II||Instrumentation and Process Control||Managerial Behavior: Psychosocial Dimensions|
|Momentum Transfer||Refining of Oils and Fats||The technology of fat splitting and Soaps|
|Process Calculations||Quality Control Techniques in Oils and Fats||High-fat products and Industrial Hydrogenation|
|Post-Harvest Technology of oil-bearing materials||Elective-I||Processing and analysis of soaps and allied products|
|SEVENTH SEMESTER||EIGHTH SEMESTER|
|Industrial Training/ Project||Project Engineering and Economics|
|Technical Seminar and Colloquium||Process Equipment Design|
|–||Chemistry of surfactants and oleochemicals|
|–||The technology of Surfactants and Detergents|
|–||Synthesis and Analysis of surfactants and detergents|
Future Scope in BTech Oleo Chemicals and Surfactants Technology
Individuals interested in furthering their education in the field can seek a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the topic, or simply complete the course. Businesses hire for suitable opportunities for people interested in working. The following are the top recruiting firms and jobs available:
|3||Larsen and Toubro|
|JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY|
|R&D Officer||INR 300,000|
|Business Development||INR 300,000|
|Process Engineer||INR 400,000|
What are the prospects for the BTech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology Course in the future?
Students of the Oleo Chemicals and Surfactants Technology programme have the option of working or continuing their education. Following are by far the most popular educational options after earning a BTech in OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology.
- MTech: Individuals who want to continue their study in the same field should enrol in the MTech programme. It is a two-year postgraduate programme that requires a BE or BTech in any specialisation. It is among the most prominent postgraduate engineering degrees, and admission to many universities and institutes is extremely competitive.
- MBA: Individuals interested in pursuing a career in management might enrol in a PGDM or MBA programme. Admission to such programmes is determined by a nationwide exam. Having a BTech degree combined with an MBA in a chosen field is tremendously useful, and many employers pay well for such applicants.
- PhD : If a candidate wishes to continue in the similar area of study, a PhD in Design Engineering is the best option. It’s a three- to five-year programme with specific eligibility requirements such as an MBA in a relevant field.
FAQ’s for BTech OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology
Handful institutions admit students on the basis of their academic merit, and even fewer colleges administer their own entrance tests. Students are encouraged to visit the college’s website to learn more about the admissions process.
The B. Tech in OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology is a four-year programme that is broken down into eight semesters.
Indeed, there are a couple of entry tests for the B. Tech in OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology programme. JEE Main, JEE Advanced, MHCET, and others are among the most popular.
Students who have passed 10+2 or a similar exam in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with a percentage of marks in national and state-level entrance exams to be admitted to the B. Tech in OleoChemicals and Surfactants Technology programme.
The organization chosen for employment is determined by the student’s plans after finishing the program. The following businesses are involved:
Development of systems engineering outputs, such as Design basis, Heat & Mass Balance, P&ID, PFD, RM & Utility Consumption Calculation, Datasheet of Equipment & Instruments, Cause & Effect Matrix, and so on, is a process engineer’s job. Drawing interpretation, pump hydraulics, and line pressure drop computations
The student must be able to interact with businesses and business experts in the commodities industry to be considered for this position. They collaborate closely with the CEO and Senior Vice President of Global Sales.