BTech Nuclear Science & Engineering is a four-year bachelor’s degree programme that focuses on subatomic physics, or the science of atomic nuclei disintegration, and includes the sub-discipline of nuclear physics, concentrating on atoms, protons, and neutrons. The majority of students are admitted to this programme using admission tests. Only a few universities provide immediate acceptance to this programme purely on the basis of qualifications in the qualifying exam. JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, SRMJEE, and other admission examinations are among the most frequent for this programme.
Depending on the type of institute, the average cost for BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering institutes in India range from INR 50,000 to INR 2,00,000. Individuals who complete a BTech in Nuclear Science and Engineering can work as physicists, nuclear management and instrumentation engineers, project engineering managers, atomic mechanical or structural engineers, chemical engineers, trainee engineers, and associate professors, among other positions.
As a beginning salary, BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering students can expect to earn between INR 80,000 and 1,20,000 per year. This remuneration will be adjusted based on the students’ abilities and competence, as well as their employment duties in the associated field.
Table of Contents
What is the procedure for applying?
- For approval of the registration form, go to the university/official institution ‘s website or the preferred institution’s office.
- Fill in the blanks with your basic information.
- Create a new username and password and log in.
- Complete the registration form with all of the required information.
- Scan and submit documents such as transcripts, certificates, and legitimate admissions test results.
- In the situation of an offline registration, enclose papers such as a copy of the marksheets, a certificate, and a scoresheet with the registration form and mail it to the actual address.
- Check the specifics.
- The registration cost must be paid.
- Keep a copy of the completed form and the fee receipt for reference in the future.
Eligibility for BTech Nuclear Science & Engineering
The following are the minimal entrance requirements:
- A minimum cumulative score of 40% to 50% in 10+2 examination from a recognised board is required.
- Aspirants from the SC/ST category are eligible for a 5% reduction in their overall score.
- Students who are awaiting the results of their senior secondary examinations are also eligible to apply.
BTech Nuclear Science & Engineering: Course Overview
The below are the important features of the BTech in Nuclear Science and Engineering curriculum:
|Exam Type||Semester Type|
|Eligibility||10+2 level with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects with minimum 50% aggregate score|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam Based. Merit-Based in some cases|
|Course Fee||INR 50,000-2,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 80,000-1,20,000|
|Job Roles||Physicist, Nuclear Control and Instrumentation Engineer, Project Engineering Manager, Nuclear Mechanical or Structural Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Trainee Engineer, Assistant Professor etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Colleges and Universities, Nuclear Energy Companies, Science and Technology Companies, Research Labs, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Bhabha Atomic Research Center, ISRO, DRDO, Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, etc.|
What is the course for Bachelor of Technology in Nuclear Science & Engineering?
A Bachelor of Technology in Nuclear Science & Engineering, or B.Tech. Nuclear Science & Engineering, is a bachelor Nuclear Science study. Nuclear engineering is an area of engineering that involves the implementation of nuclear physics concepts to the breakdown (fission) and fusion of atomic nuclei, as well as the integration of many other sub-atomic physics.
The nucleus is a dense area in the heart of an atom made up of nucleons (protons and neutrons). Protons and neutral particles make up most of an atom’s mass, with orbiting electrons contributing only a little amount. The programme lasts four years and certain institutes may also offer it as a study program. As an energy storage unit for power and other aspects of life, this is a very significant and rising industry. After completing a B.Tech. (Nuclear Science & Engineering) degree, students will have a plethora of work prospects in the field.
Benefits for BTech Nuclear Science & Engineering
- Nuclear Science and Engineering (BTech) is an interdisciplinary field of exploration and research that provides a wide range of steady and profitable work prospects.
- Individuals who successfully complete this curriculum research will be employed in top-tier sectors such as nuclear energy companies, chemical companies, science and technology companies, research labs, and so on.
- Physicists, nuclear control and instrumentation engineers, project engineering managers, nuclear mechanical or structural engineers, chemical engineers, trainee engineers, assistant professors, and other positions are readily available to graduates.
- According to their talents and knowledge in the area, such professionals can earn a high remuneration package ranging from INR 80,000 to 1,20,000 per annum.
- Graduates can also work as professors or assistant professors in India’s leading colleges and institutions.
- They can work in the R & D departments of educational institutions or research labs to conduct various studies on nuclear physics, subatomic physics, and their applications.
- Students pursuing a BTech in Nuclear Science and Engineering can continue their studies by pursuing postgraduate degrees such as an M.Tech or ME in the very same discipline.
Best Colleges for BTech Nuclear Science & Engineering
Several of the best institutions in India that provide BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering courses are listed below:
|College Name||Course Fee|
|IIT Madras||INR 45,000|
|Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University||INR 1,70,000|
|IIT Bombay||INR 60,000|
|IIT Kanpur||INR 3,60,000|
|Homi Bhabha National Institute||–|
|GH Raisoni College of Engineering||INR 95,000|
|School of Nuclear Energy||INR 50,000|
|Amity Institute of Nuclear Science & Technology||INR 1,70,000|
|Sastra University||INR 72,000|
BTech Nuclear Science & Engineering Course Syllabus
A semester-wise course breakup for BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering is tabulated below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Chemistry||Principles of Environmental Science|
|Basic Engineering-I||Basic Engineering-II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Mechanics of Material||Engineering Mechanics and Fluid Mechanics|
|Neutron Physics||Nuclear Thermal Hydraulics-I|
|Materials for Nuclear Applications||Thermodynamics|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Engineering Economics and Management||Fuzzy Approaches in Engineering|
|Molecular and Cell Biology||Nuclear Reactor Theory-II|
|Computer in Reactor Analysis||Nuclear Fuel Systems|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Nuclear Reactor Theory-I||Fast Reactor Theory|
|Reactor Theory and Kinetics||Project Work|
|Biological Effects of Radiation||Elective|
Top Enginnering Entrance Exams for BTech Nuclear Science & Engineering
Several institutions administer engineering entrance exams, while others admit students based on their grades in the 12th grade. The top six engineering entrance tests for admission to India’s best engineering institutes are listed here.
- JEE Advanced – Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE) Advanced is a nationwide engineering entry requirement held by seven regional IITs to provide entrance to major engineering schools such as IITs and ISM. Candidates who have finished or are currently enrolled in a 12th grade science course can take this examination, but they must first pass the JEE main admission test. Each year, around the middle of May, an online version of this test is administered. There will be two papers in this paper, each with a three-hour time limit. The first and second papers will be given on the same day, with a 2.5-hour break in between. Year after year, the JEE Advanced exam format changes, so you should be prepared for any scenario.
- JEE Main: Exams for Joint Admissions NTA administers the Main, an engineering admissions test (National Testing Agency). This test is a prerequisite for the JEE Advanced. Students will be admitted to top level engineering institutes in India, such as NITs and other state institutes of technology, depending on their JEE main score.
- VITEEE- The Vellore Institute of Technology administers the Vellore Institute of Technology Admissions Test. This is a university-level entrance exam that allows you to get admission to all VIT campuses. It takes place in mid-April and is solely available online. In the 150 minutes allotted, you will have to answer 125 questions.
- BITSAT- The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) admission examination is a b.tech entry requirement for BITS Pilani, Hyderabad, and Goa institutions.
- AIEEA: AIEEA, or All India Engineering Entrance Examination, is an online/offline entrance exam which is conducted by the National Testing Agency and was first introduced around 2002.
- KIITEE: The KIIT University (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology), Bhubaneswar, Orissa, conducts the KIITEE exam every year to provide admissions into several of its undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) programs.
Career Scope in BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering
Individuals who complete the BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering programme get access to a profitable and promising career and work prospects. Academic institutions, power plants, chemical processing, nuclear energy companies, science, and technology companies are all places where they are employed.
They can effortlessly make an annual beginning income of INR 80,000-1,20,000, which can be enhanced based on their abilities, competence, duties, and responsibilities.
B.Tech. Nuclear Science & Engineering Areas of Employment
- Sciences & Technology Companies
- Colleges & Universities
- Solar Energy/Nuclear Energy Companies
- Baba Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
- Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (Hyderabad)
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
B.Tech. Nuclear Science & Engineering Job Roles
- Associate Professor
- Trainee Engineer
- Research Assistant/Associate and Lab Leader
- Trainee Engineer
- Nuclear Control and Instrumentation Engineer
- Project Engineering Manager
- Nuclear Mechanical or Structural Engineer
- Professor/Associate Professor
- Chemical Engineer
|Job Profiles||Average Annual Salary|
|Nuclear Engineer||INR 9,75,000|
|Chemical Engineer||INR 4,89,000|
|Physical Scientist||INR 6,10,000|
|Associate Professor||INR 5,60,000|
|Research Assistant/ Associate and Lab Leader||INR 5,20,000|
Future Scope in BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering
The majority of individuals choose future professions and career opportunities after completing BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering programmes. Many students, on the other hand, prefer to continue their education in a similar profession. The following are some common higher education options:
M.Tech: Individuals who desire to pursue their studies in the same profession might enroll in an M.Tech Nuclear Engineering programme. It’s a two-year postgraduate degree programme that focuses on nuclear fission, fusion, building, and nuclear reactors, among other topics.
MBA: If BTech students want to shift fields and pursue managerial positions, they can readily enroll in MBA or PGDM degree programmes.
FAQ’s for BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering
JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, SRMJEE, and other national/state level entrance exams are some of the most popular and successful national/state level entrance examinations evaluated for this programme admissions.
The cost of a curriculum varies depending on whether it is at a public or private college. The top-tier BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering institutes charge an average tuition fee of INR 50,000-2,00,000.
The following are among India’s best BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering academic institutions:
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar
Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
Amity Institute of Nuclear Science & Technology, Noida etc.
Students who successfully complete this curriculum can work as physicists, nuclear control and instrumentation engineers, project engineering managers, nuclear mechanical or structural engineers, chemical engineers, trainee engineers, assistant professors, and so on in colleges and universities, power plants, chemical industries, nuclear energy companies, science and technology businesses, research labs, and so on.
Students of the BTech Nuclear Science and Engineering programme can expect to earn an average beginning income of INR 80,000-1,20,000 per year, based on their abilities and experience in the sector.
The Bachelor of Technology in Nuclear Science and Engineering is a four-year programme with eight semesters.
Students interested in pursuing this degree must have completed their 10+2 level or similar with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as primary subjects from a recognized board with a minimum 50 percent overall score.
Admission to this programme is based on the results of an admission exam. Nevertheless, only a few universities provide direct admissions to this programme based on performance on the qualifying exam.