During their four years of study, Bachelor of Technology [B.TECH] (Information Technology) students learn about software development, information security, business software, database maintenance, and network administration. BTech IT prepares students for a successful career in software engineering and development. Entrance exams such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, VITEEE, WBJEE, and others are used to get into BTech IT programs. To study at an institution of their preference, candidates must pass the entrance tests with good grades. Because IT is such a dominating business in India, IT programs are in high demand. To succeed in this field of study and career, students must excel in math and physics.
Mathematics, engineering mechanics, computer science, and other areas are covered in this curriculum. In India, both the corporate and public industries have lots of work opportunities. Parents and students alike prefer a profession in information technology because of the numerous prospects available overseas. IT’s achievement is also attributable to its potential to enhance the lives of ordinary people. Digital technology, which has become synonymous with living a smarter life, has emerged as the key catalyst for making life easier, faster, and more comfortable. In today’s society, people with mastery of information technology may turn the wheels of success.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech in Information Technology
To register for this programme, BTech IT applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students must pass their 10+2 or similar examination with a minimum marks of 50 percent from a recognized board.
- Students should have majored in mathematics, physics, and chemistry in high school.
- The candidates should pass the entrance exam cut-off.
- Students pursuing Lateral Entry into BTech. All IT programmes must first finish a three-year diploma programme from a recognized board.
Admissions Process for BTech Information Technology
- For ultimate admission, many academic institutions use entrance exams and personal assessments.
- Only a few institutions accept candidates based on their 10+2 grades.
- Lateral entrance to the BTech IT programme is also available at certain institutes.
- The entrance test registration forms are usually released in December/January.
- Following the announcement of the entrance exam results, the admissions authorities hold counselling sessions during which individuals are assigned colleges based on their entrance exam scores.
Course Overview for BTech Information Technology
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subjects.|
|Admission Process||Direct Admission or on the basis of Entrance test.|
|Course Fee||INR 30,000 to INR 8,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 – INR 4,50,000|
|Job Positions||IT Analyst, Software Developer, System Engineer, Programmer|
|Top Recruiting Areas||IT sectors, Banks, Hospitals, and Educational Institutes.|
Exams for B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
It is critical for every individual interested in pursuing an engineering degree to select the appropriate entrance test and institution. As there are many institutions in India that provide degree programs, and thousands of students thinking of entrance to elite institutions, a series of entrance exams are conducted in universities and colleges to help you realize your dream. The best examinations for a B.Tech in electrical and electronics engineering are listed below.
|Sr.No.||Entrance exam||About the entrance exam|
|The national testing institution administers this exam. Admission to premier institutions such as IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs is obtained through the JEE main exam. The main test for the JEE will be held twice a year, in January and April. It’s a national examination. The exam will be conducted entirely online.|
|The Indian Institute of Technology administers this test. Students who pass this exam will be admitted to IITs. For IITs, JEE advance will be held once per year. The exam will be conducted entirely online.|
|Vellore Institute of Technology is in charge of this exam. It’s a college-level exam. The exam will be conducted entirely online. Once per year, the VITEEE examination will be held.|
|The SRM Institute of Science and Technology administers this test. The exam will be conducted entirely online. It’s a college-level exam. The SRMJEEE will take place only once a year.|
|The Birla Institute of Technology, also known as BITS Pilani, administers this entrance exam. They provide a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Once a year, the examination will be held. It’s a college-level exam. The exam will be conducted entirely online.|
What exactly is the BTech IT curriculum?
BTech IT is a bachelor’s degree programme in information technology that lasts four years but can be stretched to six years. BTech Information Technology is the discipline of computer-based technologies, which includes both hardware and software tools.
Enrollment in the BTech IT programme will be based primarily on the students’ achievement in the entrance exam. Several private institutions, on the other hand, have a direct admissions process. Applicants can take advantage of later entry admission at India’s top BTech IT institutions, which allows them to begin their studies in the second year. In government colleges, the typical tuition fee for a course is between INR 30,000 and INR 50,000. In academic institutions across India, meanwhile, it might rise to 8 LPA.
Why should you pursue a B.Tech. in Information Technology?
The greatest appealing part of the IT sector, which is growing at a breakneck pace, is that there are plenty of job opportunities at both the fresher level and professional levels. After earning their B. Tech in Information Technology, students can work for practically all prominent multinational corporations (MNCs), such as IBM, Microsoft, Cisco, and others.
What is the purpose of a B.Tech IT (Information Technology) degree?
B.Tech IT is a four-year undergraduate programme that combines software, hardware management, application administration, networks, and cybersecurity into one programme. Most businesses will grind to a halt if their IT systems are not operational. It covers all of the major features of technology, including all of the hardware elements of IT systems. IT is defined by the setup and maintenance of apparatus such as routers, computers, telephone systems, and specific gadgets such as laptops.
What Does an Information Technology Professional with a B.Tech Do?
The B.Tech Information Technology programme includes a wide range of job opportunities. Let’s take a closer look at the major functions of information technology:
- IT experts’ primary responsibility is to evaluate hardware and software components. Employees also ensure that the company’s computer system is up to date and running smoothly.
- Software Innovation: They are also employed as software engineers and are in charge of all phases of software development. They’re also in charge of the backend maintenance for the software they make.
- Web Development: A B.Tech Information Technology graduate might be employed as a web developer, who would be in charge of developing, optimising, and testing the website for flaws. They’re also in charge of constantly developing new functionality and keeping the website free of bugs.
What Are the Benefits of a Profession in Information Technology?
Because it offers up a world of options abroad, information technology becomes a default option among youngsters and their guardians. IT’s a success is based on its capacity to improve the lives of everyday people. The foundational element behind improving humanity’s existence easier, better, and smoother has indeed been digital technology, which has become a synonym for intelligent homes. In today’s society, a man with understanding has the power to turn the wheels of opportunity. Moreover, IT assesses a person’s abilities and motivates them to come up with fresh ideas that can change the way people live.
Multinational corporations, large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap businesses all benefit from information technology, which is used for a variety of tasks including data processing, inventory management, customer relationship management, and systems engineering.
Syllabus for BTech Information Technology
BTech IT is a four-year programme with eight semesters. There are a few mandatory subjects and a few optional courses in this programme. The following is the complete curriculum for the BTech IT curriculum:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|The Dimension of Information Technology||General Engineering (Workshop & Engg. Graphics)|
|Engineering Mathematics I||Engineering Mathematics II|
|Basics of Electronics||Computer Languages|
|Engineering Physics||Computer Organization|
|Communication Skills||Application of MS-Windows|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Visual Basic||Computer Communication Network|
|Electrical Measurement and Measuring Instruments||Computer Oriented Numerical Methods|
|Data Structures through C||Introduction to Web Technology|
|Digital Electronics||Object-Oriented Programming (C++)|
|Operating Systems||Business Applications of IT|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Concepts of Database||Software Project Management|
|Management of Information Systems||Applications of Microprocessor|
|Principles of Management||E-Commerce|
|Introduction to Microprocessor||Project I|
|Semester 7||Semester 8|
|Computer Graphics and Simulation||Data Mining and Data Warehousing|
|Programming Tools and Techniques||Distributed Databases|
|Compiler Design||Network Security and Cryptography|
|Visual C++||Project II|
Books that are essential for a BTech Information Technology curriculum
If you want to do well in a BTech IT course, you will need to read a particular amount of books. The following are among the most significant books:
|Fundamentals of Software Engineering||Rajib Mall|
|Digital Integrated Electronics||H. Taub and D. Schilling|
|Advances in Information Technology and Industry Applications||Dehuai Zeng|
Best BTech Information Technology Colleges
In India, BTech IT is offered at a lot of prestigious universities. We’ve listed a few of India’s most well-known BTech IT institutions below.
|NIRF Rank 2020||College Name||City||Average First-Year Fee||Average Annual Salary|
|13||National Institute of Technology||Surathkal||INR 6,00,000||INR 7,73,000|
|14||College of Engineering, Anna University||Chennai||INR 2,00,000||INR 5,70,000|
|15||Vellore Institute of Technology||Vellore||INR 7,92,000||INR 4,16,000|
|16||National Institute of Technology||Rourkela||INR 7,12,000||INR 7,50,000|
|17||Jadavpur University||West Bengal||INR 9,600||INR 19,96,000|
|21||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur||West Bengal||INR 2,80,000||INR 20,00,000|
|32||Amity University||Noida||INR 12,44,000||INR 3,50,000|
|36||Delhi Technical University||New Delhi||INR 6,64,000||INR 6,50,000|
|40||National Institute of Technology||Kurukshetra||INR 28,000||INR 11,75,000|
|44||SSN College of Engineering||Chennai||INR 2,00,000||INR 5,71,000|
Career Scope for BTech Information Technology
BTech IT students are given a plethora of job opportunities. They might look for work in the country’s diverse IT sectors. These businesses provide a fantastic environment for students to be prepared.
- There are also a variety of government positions accessible. They may also work as educators in schools and universities.
- BTech IT professionals might potentially pursue a career in academia. The majority of BTech IT students pursue an M.Tech or an MBA.
- Software Developer, Testing Engineer, IT Coordinator, System Analyst, System Analyst, IT Technical Content Developer, and more desirable job roles for BTech IT candidates.
Here are several of the job opportunities available to BTech IT graduates.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Software Developer||A Software Developer works with clients to create software. He or she is in charge of overseeing all aspects of software development.||INR 2,50,000|
|Testing Engineer||Before the product is handed to the client, a Testing Engineer tests it.||INR 3,20,000|
|IT Coordinator||IT Coordinators are mostly responsible for PRPC-based applications.||INR 2,40,000|
|System Analyst||A System Analyst’s job entails designing and implementing diverse computer networks.||INR 3,50,000|
|Applications Developer||A software developer creates, develops, implements, and supports a multitude of uses.||INR 3,20,000|
|IT Technical Content Developer||A website’s technical content is developed by an IT Technical Content Developer.||INR 3,80,000|
Future Trends in Btech IT
IT experts have a bright future, thanks to the huge expansion in the IT industry during the last few years. They can pursue a profession in this area in a variety of ways.
- BTech IT graduates can work in a variety of IT fields around the country. Banks, hospitals, and government agencies are some of the other industries where BTech IT candidates might find work.
- Applicants may start their own businesses. Another important career opportunity for BTech IT graduates is this. Over the last few years, a slew of new businesses have sprouted. Most of these businesses have become so well-known because they’ve become household names.
- BTech IT professionals may potentially pursue a career in academia. They can either pursue an M.Tech in IT or a Master of Business Administration or Master of Computer Applications. They can also choose from a variety of course choices, such as a post-graduate diploma.
- Software Engineer, Web Developer, Application Developer, Network Engineer, and other job roles for BTech IT Engineers are among the most prominent.
FAQ’s for Btech Information Technology
The most popular BTech job types. Junior Engineers, Network Engineers, Software Developers, Testing Engineers, App Developers, and other IT students are among them.
Both departments are nearly identical. IT, on the other hand, is concerned with the computer’s software components, whereas CSE is concerned with both software and hardware.
JEE Main, a national-level exam, is by far the most popular entrance exam.
You must have received a minimum of 50% in 10+2. PCM must also be one of your primary topics.
For Fresh graduates, IT is a flourishing career. Every year, thousands of opportunities are available in the IT field for BTech IT students. After completing this programme, students may pursue an M.Tech or MBA.