The Bachelor of Technology in Fiber and Textile Processing Technology is a four-year, full-time programme. The class is broken down into eight semesters. The objective of the curriculum is solely to introduce textile processing techniques. Applicants must complete their class 10+2 level exam with a minimum score of 50% to be eligible for the programme. They must focus on areas such as mathematics, chemistry, and biology.
Candidates must pass entrance exams such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, UPSEE, and JEEP. Admission to the course is purely dependent on the results of the students who took the exams. BTech Fiber and Textile Processing Technology covers the engineering of textile structures, textile production management and costing, fiber science, textile physics, textile chemistry, and other disciplines that are covered in BTech Fiber and Textile Processing Technology.
IIT Delhi, IIT Mumbai, and other prominent institutions in India can apply. The curriculum costs between INR 20,000 and INR 50,000 every year. Medical textile engineers, process engineers, researchers, technologists, and other positions are available to learners. Their annual compensation ranges from INR 1,50,000 to INR 4,50,000.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Admission Procedure for BTech in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology
Admissions to the BTech in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology programme are often based on ability in national and state-level entrance tests, accompanied by a round of counseling. Some institutions, however, have their very own set of entry tests. JEE Main, JEE Advanced, or university-level examinations such as AP EAMCET, KIITEE, BEEE, MH CET, etc. are among the highly powerful and familiar national/state level entrance examinations. However, only a few universities provide direct enrollment for this programme based on a student’s merits.
Merit Based Admission
- Students have the option of applying both online and offline. Aspirants can obtain a registration form immediately from the institution or apply online through the different colleges’ official websites.
- The college admissions body will publish a merit list after evaluating all applications’ eligibility. Students should have scored at least 80-85 percent on their 10+2 exams to make the cut-off.
- Qualified applicants must then check their documentation and pay the program price to reserve their spot.
Entrance Based Admission
The following is a step-by-step guide to the admissions procedure:
- To register for an admission exam, candidates must first develop a customized account using certain fundamental information such as an email address, phone number, and password.
- Fill out the registration forms completely and accurately. Scan and submit all relevant documents, such as your 10+2 report card, certifications, caste certificates, pictures, and signatures, in the manner specified on the web portal.
- The required application cost can be paid both online and offline.
- Admit cards, which are necessary for participation in the qualifying examination, will be issued after a thorough assessment of the student’s qualification. For the admission exam, you should be well-prepared.
- Students have to go through the counselling stage after passing the entrance exam in order to select the college of their choosing.
- Finally, you must pay the entrance fee and check all of your documentation in order to confirm your spot for the upcoming academic year.
BTech in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for B.Tech Fibers and Textile Processing engineering courses vary by college. Students must meet the following necessary requirements to be considered for this curriculum:
- Students must have completed their 10+2 level with Physics and Mathematics as obligatory courses and one of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, or any other technical course from a recognized board or council.
- Some institutions make English one of the required disciplines.
- At the 10+2 level, students must receive at least 45-50 percent of the total marks.
- Students from the SC/ST reserved category are eligible for a 5% reduction in their required scores.
BTech in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology: Entrance Exams
For admission to the BTech in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology programme, a variety of national and state-level entrance tests are taken into account. Furthermore, a small number of institutions also have their own BTech Entrance Exams. The following are among the most common B. Tech Electronics Control System Engineering entrance tests:
JEE Main: It is a national-level entry exam administered by the NTA for admission to bachelor’s engineering degree programmes at India’s premier institutes.
JEE Advanced: This is yet another national-level entrance exam conducted online by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Students must pass the JEE Main test in order to take this examination.
AP EAMCET: It is a state-level qualifying test held by JNTU Kakinada for getting admissions in Engineering, Medical, and Agricultural courses provided by Andhra Pradesh’s leading schools and institutions.
KIITEE: The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology administers a university-level admissions test for admissions to B.Tech and dual degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) programmes.
UPSEE: The UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Test) is a state-level exam in Uttar Pradesh. It is held to determine eligibility for admission to APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh’s Undergraduate Engineering programmes.
MH CET: It is a standard examination conducted for admission to UG and PG level degree programmes in engineering and pharmacy given by Maharashtra’s premier institutions.
BTech Fibres and Textile Processing Technology: Course Overview
|Examination Type||Semester- wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with a minimum of 50% in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology|
|Course Fee||INR 2 to 4 Lacs PA|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 15k-30k PM|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Fab India, JCT Mills, Raymond Group, Mafatlal Denim, RIL Textiles, Bombay Dyeing.|
|Job Profiles||Textile Engineer, Quality Control Supervisor, Product Designer, Process Engineer, Operations Trainee, and many more.|
What is Course in BTech Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology about?
Dealing with the fundamentals connected to the scientific procedures through which textile and fibers are manufactured is the focus of the BTech degree with a specialty in Fibers and Textile Processing Technology.
- Students learn about man-made and natural materials, safety and health, pollution, and water management, as well as how fibres and textiles are processed.
- Individuals with a great thinking, analytical thinking, and strong academic performance in Math, Biology, and Chemistry.
- Because this course requires candidates to be knowledgeable in a variety of disciplines, they are ready for a multi-disciplinary syllabus.
What are the benefits of pursuing a BTech in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology?
Students of this programme can work as textile technicians, researchers, quality control managers, or in the fashion and textile industries, among other fields. This curriculum also gives individuals the skills and information they need to pursue a skilled profession in shoe textile, automobile textile, or advanced technical materials.
- It enables you to engage on work requiring linear textile structures and non-woven fabrics (smart and technical fabrics), as well as treatment and finishing procedures for textiles and biopolymers.
Best Colleges for BTech Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology
|College Name||Average Fees|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||INR 9.5k – 10k|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai||INR 48k – 50k|
|Nitra technical campus, Ghaziabad||INR 40k – 40.5k|
|R.C Technical Institute, Ahmadabad||INR 40k – 55k|
|SSM Polytechnic College, Tamil Nadu||INR 4500 – 25000|
|EIT Polytechnic college, Tamil Nadu||INR 2500 to 15000|
|College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar||INR 3.5k to 40k|
BTech Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology: Course Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV|
|Applied Physics I||Applied Physics II||Applied Mechanics||Yarn Preparation I|
|Applied Mathematics I||Mathematics and Statistical Drawing||Fibre Science and Textile Physics||Applied Chemistry|
|Engineering Drawing||Introduction to Textile||Textile chemistry I||Spinning|
|Element of material Science||Introduction to computers and numerical analysis||Chemistry||Weaving I|
|Fundamentals of Civil Engineering||–||–||–|
|Semester V||Semester VI||Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Electrical Engineering fundamentals||Textile Chemistry||Engineering of Textile Structure||Textile production management and costing|
|Textile Testing I||Spinning II||Yarn Preparation II||Man Made fiber technology II|
|Fibres Structure||Weaving II||Spinning III||Process control and modern yarn production|
|Textile machine Control||Textile Testing II||Weaving III||Garment Technology|
|Management textile Units||Industrial Engineering and Operation||Man-Made Fibre Technology||Knitting|
|–||–||–||Technical Textile (elective)|
|–||–||–||Advance Fibres Structure|
Career Scope in BTech in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology
Candidates with a BTech in Fibres and Textile Processing Technology have a variety of career options. Textile Engineer, Quality Control Supervisor, Product Development Engineer, Operations Trainee, Process Engineer, and more job titles are available.
The job descriptions available to BTech graduates, such as Textile Engineer, Quality Control Supervisor, Product Development Engineer, Operations Trainee, Process Engineer, and others, are listed below, along with their annual salaries:
|Job Profiles||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Textile Engineer||The textile engineer’s job includes applying engineering principles to the development and production of textiles and cloth.||INR 1,80,000 – 6,90,000|
|Quality Control Supervisor||Examines workstations and provides technical advice on defect types, production control, and work management.||INR 1,15,000 – 6,12,000|
|Product Development Engineer||Supervises the design and production of commodities. Identification of requirements and product development||INR 1,80,000 – 8,50,000|
|Operations trainee||Plans and directs work with other managers assist in policy development and evaluates work output.||INR 1,50,000 – 6,40,000|
|Process engineer||Manages budget and time restrictions, risk assessment, test design and execution, and system and process improvements.||INR 1,80,000 – 1,080,000|
Future Scope in BTech in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology
The main options are available to individuals pursuing a BTech in Fibres and Textile Processing Technology:
- Continue Studies: Students might continue their education by pursuing an MTech or a Ph.D. in this field.
- Job: Process Improvement Engineer, Medical Textiles Engineer, Purchasing Assistant, Merchandiser, Junior Logistics Manager, Product Specialist, Junior Product Manager, Sales Product Manager, Concept Designer are some of the other occupations he can pursue.
FAQ’s for BTech in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology
Those interested in pursuing a BTech in Fibre and Textile Processing Technology must take the JEE Mains/ JEE Advanced/ JEEP/ UPSEE test. Students get admitted to academic institutions based on their exam scores.
Students interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree in BTech in Fibre and Textile Processing Technology at one of India’s premier institutions might consider IIT Delhi or IIT Mumbai, however, all of the above-mentioned institutions have excellent faculty and placement records.
The BTech in Fibre and Textile Processing Technology is a four-year programme. Full-time options are provided.
BTech in Fibre and Textile Processing Technology candidates should pass the 10+2 level examination including courses such as mathematics, chemistry, and biology. They must get a score in the entrance examination that is much higher than the cut-off.
In most institutes, the typical annual cost for a BTech in Fibre & Textile Processing Technology programme is from INR 20,000 to 50,000 Lakh. It may differ from one institution to the next.
Students with a BTech in Fibre and Textile Processing Technology degree can choose from a variety of work opportunities. Textile Engineer, Quality Control Supervisor, Product Development Engineer, Operations Trainee, and Process Engineer are some of the job titles available to them.
Distance Education does not provide the BTech in Fibre and Textile Processing Technology education. This is a full-time programme in which learners must attend classes on a regular basis.
A BTech in Fibre and Textile Processing Technology graduate can expect to earn between INR 1,00,000 and INR 7,00,000 per year, depending on their expertise. The more experience one has, the greater their wage will be.
Each institution offers the same BTech in Fibre and Textile Processing Technology education, syllabus, and exam schedule. Several colleges know the significance of a BTech in Fibre & Textile Processing Technology degree.