BTech ECE is a four-year degree that focuses on vital technologies, including telecommunications, electricity, and electronics, while also encouraging the knowledge and skills needed to merge hardware and software elements. Individuals who have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their core courses are eligible to apply. It entails the study of electronic and communication electronic circuits, evaluation, and implementation.
There are eight semesters in this program, with two semesters per year. At the completion of each year, both practical and theoretical tests are held. With subjects such as Analog & Digital Communications, Signals and Structures, Modern Logic & Circuits, Coding, and others, the programme offers learners a firm background in the fundamentals of electronics and communications engineering.
The program’s estimated tuition expense ranges from INR 1,00,000 to INR 4,00,000. On the other hand, private institution costs might range from INR 6,00,000 to INR 7,00,000. Learners can use the programme to create novel electronic systems that can be used in real operations. The telecommunications, energy, and electronics sectors are the focus of the BTech ECE programme. After graduating from BTech ECE, students can work as electronic engineers, design engineers, VLSI engineers, and other positions in the public and commercial industries. At entry-level, individuals can earn between INR 1,80,000 and INR 3,00,000 per year.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Admission Process for B.Tech for ECE
JEE Main and JEE Advanced, which are required for entrance to most government institutions, are the more prominent engineering entrance tests in the country. Private institutions may also administer their own exams or depend on national or state-level entrance examinations. The following is a guideline for applying for qualifying exam-based admissions.
- Registration: Participants must set up an account in this phase by providing basic information such as their email address and phone number.
- Application Form: Complete the application form with all the required information. It’s crucial to double-check that all of the details are correct.
- Uploading of documents: All required papers, such as mark sheets, photographs, and signatures, should be scanned and uploaded. Documents must be uploaded in a certain format that the institute’s application page specifies.
- Payment of Application Fees: Students can pay their application fees online or in person.
- Downloading of admit card: After all candidates have been assessed for eligibility, admit cards are issued. To be utilised on the day of the examination, the admit card must be obtained and printed.
- Entrance Exam: Exam preparation should be based on the syllabus and previous papers. Attend the exam on the scheduled date.
- Results: After a few weeks have passed since the exam, the results are revealed. If an applicant passes the admissions examinations, he or she will advance to the next phase.
- Counseling and admission: Candidates must have passed the entrance exams are eligible for counselling. The candidate can now enrol in the Mechanical Engineering BTech programme.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech in ECE
The following are some things that every applicant should consider:
- Candidates must pass the 10+2 or its similar from any recognized institution (Science stream is required).
- Physics, Chemistry, Math, and an additional topic of the candidates’ selection should be included in the entrance test.
- Candidates must achieve a cumulative percentage of at least 50%.
Course Overview for B.Tech in ECE
|Duration of the Course||4 Years|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Securing 50% in 10+2 with PCM|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/Entrance Based|
|Course Fee||INR 200000 – 1000000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 500000 – 700000|
|Job Profiles||Software Engineers, Application Developer, Network Engineer, Hardware Engineer, CAD Engineer|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, Wipro, DXC, Syntel, Hexaware, Capegemini, Infosys|
What is it about the Course in BTech ECE?
BTech ECE is an eight-semester four-year bachelor programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- It concentrates on the concepts and designs of underlying hardware systems utilized in industries such as telecommunications, energy, and electronics.
- It is focused on electronics research, design, development, and testing across multiple components.
- Analog transmission, basic electronics, solid state devices, microprocessors, digital and analog communication, analog integrated circuits, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae, and wave progression are among the major subjects covered.
- The BTech ECE current curriculum is an undergraduate programme for electrical engineering students in which they study a set of core programmes as well as elective subjects covering the concepts of telecommunications, energy, and electronics.
- A comprehensive knowledge of themes is provided through classroom lectures, practicals, laboratory work, tutorials, research programmes, and internships.
- The objective of this course is to teach students the fundamentals of communication systems.
- The course includes all aspects of electrical and communication studies, teaching students about topics such as integrated electronics, fields, and waves, among others.
Why pursue a BTech in ECE?
BTech ECE gives individuals the skills they need to succeed in their long-term career aspirations.
- Electronics and communication engineering are among the fields where you can apply almost all scientific topics.
- It is one of the only other sources that provides you with such a wide range of but limited information on all topics.
- Additional services are the development of highly specialized communications systems and devices. To connect people all over the globe, call diversion and video conferencing are used.
- Students who believe their lack is in acquiring programming dialects or who tend toward a no-coding stream are more likely to choose this path, ending up in a manufacturing firm and becoming an engineer.
- Also, individuals who aren’t sure which subject to pursue as a career might choose this, because they have the option of choosing either the products or the technology aspect.
- An EC engineer is eligible to work in either core electronics or as a contact network operator or supplier after graduation.
Exams for B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
It is critical for every individual interested in pursuing an engineering degree to select the appropriate entrance test and institution. As there are many institutions in India that provide degree programs, and thousands of students thinking of entrance to elite institutions, a series of entrance exams are conducted in universities and colleges to help you realize your dream. The best examinations for a B.Tech in electrical and electronics engineering are listed below.
|Sr.No.||Entrance exam||About the entrance exam|
|The national testing institution administers this exam. Admission to premier institutions such as IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs is obtained through the JEE main exam. The main test for the JEE will be held twice a year, in January and April. It’s a national examination. The exam will be conducted entirely online.|
|The Indian Institute of Technology administers this test. Students who pass this exam will be admitted to IITs. For IITs, JEE advance will be held once per year. The exam will be conducted entirely online.|
|Vellore Institute of Technology is in charge of this exam. It’s a college-level exam. The exam will be conducted entirely online. Once per year, the VITEEE examination will be held.|
|The SRM Institute of Science and Technology administers this test. The exam will be conducted entirely online. It’s a college-level exam. The SRMJEEE will take place only once a year.|
|The Birla Institute of Technology, also known as BITS Pilani, administers this entrance exam. They provide a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Once a year, the examination will be held. It’s a college-level exam. The exam will be conducted entirely online.|
BTech ECE Best Colleges
Below is a summary of some of the best universities that offer B.Tech ECE programmes:
|NIRF Ranking||College||Location||Average Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|3||IIT Delhi||New Delhi||INR 2,25,000||INR 16,00,000|
|5||IIT Kharagpur||Kharagpur||INR 82,070||INR 15,00,000|
|6||IIT Kanpur||Kanpur||INR 2,16,000||INR 15,80,000|
|24||NIT Trichy||Tiruchirappalli||INR 14,90,000||INR 80.0000|
|26||IIT BHU||Varanasi||INR 2,28,000||INR 10,00,000|
|27||BITS Hyderabad||Hyderabad||INR 4,23,000||INR 10,00,000|
|84||Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 1,60,000||INR 8,00,000|
|–||Amity School of Engineering and Technology||Noida||INR 2,80,000||INR 3,00,000|
|–||The Neotia University||Kolkata||INR 1,40,000||INR 1,30,00|
Syllabus for BTech ECE
The four-year BTech ECE programme is organised into eight semesters. Learners’ scores are determined by how well they perform in theory examinations, practical tests, and projects. The following are among the courses included in the BTech ECE curriculum:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Mathematics-I||Applied Mathematics-II|
|Applied Physics-I||Applied Physics-II|
|Manufacturing Processes||Electronic Devices|
|Electrical Technology||Introduction to Programming|
|Fundamentals of Computing||Engineering Mechanics|
|Applied Chemistry||Communication Skills|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Applied Mathematics – III||Applied Mathematics – IV|
|Analog Electronics – I||Analog Electronics – II|
|Switching Theory and Logic Design||Network Analysis and Synthesis|
|Electronic Instruments and Measurements||Communication Systems|
|Data Structures||Electromagnetic Field Theory|
|Signals and Systems||Computer Organization and Architecture|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Communication Skills for Professionals||Microwave Engineering|
|Digital Communication||Information Theory and Coding|
|Microprocessors and Microcontrollers||Digital Signal Processing|
|Control Systems||VLSI Design|
|Digital System Design||Data Communication and Networks|
|Industrial Management||Antenna and Wave Propagation|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Embedded Systems||Satellite Communication|
|Wireless Communication||Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks|
Career Scope in BTech ECE
In the subject of electronics and communication engineering, there is little consistency in terms of salary. It is highly dependent on the student’s ability and competence. Electronics and communication engineering are undeniably a prospective development sector, and sufficient knowledge of the discipline, when combined with special abilities, qualifies a candidate for a wide range of entry-level positions. Some work opportunities for a BTech ECE student include:
|Job Role||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Electronic Engineer||Design and create systems that utilize electricity as a generator of power using scientific information of particles.||INR 300000 – 400000|
|Verification Engineer||Design and create systems that utilize electricity as a generator of power using scientific information of particles.||INR 500000 – 700000|
|CAD Engineer||The licensing and EDA tools must be managed, and appropriate interpersonal skills must be incorporated.||INR 400000 – 600000|
|Application Engineer||Establishing the relationship between R&D and customers is your responsibility.||INR 900000 – 1100000|
|Design Engineer||They are in charge of the design and implementation.||INR 400000 – 600000|
Future Scope for BTech ECE
BTech ECE provides graduates with the option to pursue a professional future in the rapidly expanding telecom business, where they can earn a good salary right now and see their earnings rise as they develop experience and skills.
- Electronics and communication engineers are most commonly employed in the media and entertainment sector.
- In addition, the public sector has proven to be useful in terms of job placement for graduates of this programme.
- For many years, organisations such as MTNL, BSNL, and Civil Aviation have been recruiting Electronic and Communication engineering candidates.
- Indian Engineering Service, Indian Telephone Industry, Semiconductor, Chip Design Industry, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Civil Aviation Department, Power Sector, Software Industries, and Indian Railways are among the businesses where BTech ECE candidates are employed.
- CISCO, Oracle, Toshiba, Tata, and Phillips are among the best recruits in the business, giving competitive salaries to graduates with a BTech ECE degree.
- After graduating B.Tech. ECE, individuals can pursue additional education in MBA, MTech ECE, or MTech Communication Engineering, that will help them boost their wage packages and prospects in the market.
FAQ’s for BTech in ECE
Yes, there is a broad range of opportunities available, including positions in state and federal governments, as well as products and services for electronics and communication customers.
IITs are unquestionably among the greatest places to get your Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) is offered as a branch in almost all of the older IITs (Mumbai, Delhi, Roorkee, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Madras, and so on). BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) Pilani, as well as all of the highest NITs, are excellent alternatives to the IITs.
Yes, all colleges have a data structures course as part of their ECE curriculum.
The phrases “easy” and “difficult” are subjective. This is the reality, no matter how cliched it may sound. If your passions coincide with your degree, everything becomes a piece of cake for you. It’s pointless to take up a branch if you don’t have any desire to do so. Electronics and communication engineering may appear challenging at first owing to the complex thinking required, but if your notions are strong, it will get easier with time.
In India, a BTech ECE engineer earns between INR 300,000 and INR 500,000 per year.