BTech in Automobile Engineering is a four-year undergraduate program that provides understanding, knowledge, and experience in launching innovative concepts and practices, manufacturing techniques, and layouts in the profession of automobiles in order to evolve new similar product lines and upgrade current systems with cutting-edge technology. Aspirants in this sector can expect amazing career growth and durability.
The admissions procedure needs an intermediate education in physics, chemistry, and mathematics, as well as passing the relevant entrance tests such as JEE main/advanced, IIT JAM, to gain admittance to universities that provide this program. After earning a BTech in Automobile Engineering, graduates can work as production engineers, manufacturing engineers, development engineers, R & D executives, and automobile dealers, among other positions. The average salary is in the range of INR 2–10 LPA.
After BTech, you have a variety of possibilities, such as MTech or an MBA programme. MTech is an option for those who want to pursue their engineering courses. An MBA is a wise choice for BTech candidates who wish to enter the workforce with high earnings.
Table of Contents
Admission Process for B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
JEE Main and JEE Advanced, which are required for entrance to most government institutions, are the more prominent engineering entrance tests in the country. Private institutions may also administer their own exams or depend on national or state-level entrance examinations. The following is a guideline for applying for qualifying exam-based admissions.
- Registration: Participants must set up an account in this phase by providing basic information such as their email address and phone number.
- Application Form: Complete the application form with all the required information. It’s crucial to double-check that all of the details are correct.
- Uploading of documents: All required papers, such as mark sheets, photographs, and signatures, should be scanned and uploaded. Documents must be uploaded in a certain format that the institute’s application page specifies.
- Payment of Application Fees: Students can pay their application fees online or in person.
- Downloading of admit card: After all candidates have been assessed for eligibility, admit cards are issued. To be utilised on the day of the examination, the admit card must be obtained and printed.
- Entrance Exam: Exam preparation should be based on the syllabus and previous papers. Attend the exam on the scheduled date.
- Results: After a few weeks have passed since the exam, the results are revealed. If an applicant passes the admissions examinations, he or she will advance to the next phase.
- Counseling and admission: Candidates must have passed the entrance exams are eligible for counselling. The candidate can now enrol in the Mechanical Engineering BTech programme.
Course Overview for BTech Automobile Engineering
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology in Automobile Engineering|
|Examination Type||Offline and Semester based|
|Eligibility||An intermediate degree in physics chemistry and mathematics with 50-70% qualified CET scores|
|Admission Process||Intermediate degree in physics chemistry and mathematics with 50-70% and qualified CET exams such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and MET|
|Average Fees||INR 2-5 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Agencies||Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra, Daimler India Ltd, Honda, and Tata Consultancy Services|
|Job Positions||Product Engineers, manufacturing engineer, development engineer, R&D executive, Managers and Deputy officers and directors, automobile dealers|
What is it about the Course for BTech in Automobile Engineering?
A BTech in Automobile Engineering is a four-year bachelor’s programme that provides information and expertise into the manufacture, innovation, design, and refurbishment of automobiles. The skill covers parts of automobile construction and component composition to create effective prototypes of all kinds of autos, including cars, motorcycles, trucks, and other vehicles.
This car engineering programme is created and taught with the goal of providing candidates with practical learning and expertise in the field of vehicle engineering while also covering the fundamentals of mechanical engineering. Technological innovations used in the production and operation of all sorts of autos and auto components are introduced to the pupils. The major goal is to equip graduates with the necessary skills to advance in the automotive industry. The automobile industry is always thriving and a fantastic place to work in terms of job opportunities, as demand for autos will continue to climb.
Why should you pursue a BTech in Automobile Engineering?
Candidates and aspirants interested in pursuing a career in vehicle engineering have a variety of options available to them, including higher annual packages and incentives, as well as recognition and rewards that serve to improve the confidence of employees and personnel in this sector.
- Students can also work in prominent automobile firms’ R & D departments, developing and researching new technology and expertise in order to construct emerging networking structures and procedures in the field of automobile engineering.
- Students and applicants can also perform in administrative positions such as managers and executive officers, who work and monitor systems and processes in order to achieve maximum resource consumption and the production of high-quality goods and performance.
- After getting enough expertise in the sector, candidates can advance to directorial roles and become important in their field of duty in this sector.
- Students interested in becoming teachers or lecturers can also collaborate with academic institutions to educate other individuals about the regulations and basics of this programme.
Best BTech Automobile Engineering Colleges
|Name of the College||Average Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad||INR 12,500||INR 2-5 LPA|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Bhubaneswar||INR 429000||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education, Krishnankovil||INR 120,000||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Chennai||INR 287,000||INR 2-6 LPA|
|I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University Jalandhar||INR 80,750||INR 2-7 LPA|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||INR 2-4 LPA||INR 2-6 LPA|
|SRM Engineering College Kanchipuram||INR 2.6 LPA||INR 2-6 LPA|
|Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal||INR 3.35 LPA||INR 2-8 LPA|
|The Neotia University Kolkata||INR 1.4 LPA||INR 2-6 LPA|
|Amity University Noida||INR 3.11 LPA||INR 2-7 LP|
Exams for B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
It is critical for every individual interested in pursuing an engineering degree to select the appropriate entrance test and institution. As there are many institutions in India that provide degree programs, and thousands of students thinking of entrance to elite institutions, a series of entrance exams are conducted in universities and colleges to help you realize your dream. The best examinations for a B.Tech in electrical and electronics engineering are listed below.
|Sr.No.||Entrance exam||About the entrance exam|
|The national testing institution administers this exam. Admission to premier institutions such as IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs is obtained through the JEE main exam. The main test for the JEE will be held twice a year, in January and April. It’s a national examination. The exam will be conducted entirely online.|
|The Indian Institute of Technology administers this test. Students who pass this exam will be admitted to IITs. For IITs, JEE advance will be held once per year. The exam will be conducted entirely online.|
|Vellore Institute of Technology is in charge of this exam. It’s a college-level exam. The exam will be conducted entirely online. Once per year, the VITEEE examination will be held.|
|The SRM Institute of Science and Technology administers this test. The exam will be conducted entirely online. It’s a college-level exam. The SRMJEEE will take place only once a year.|
|The Birla Institute of Technology, also known as BITS Pilani, administers this entrance exam. They provide a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Once a year, the examination will be held. It’s a college-level exam. The exam will be conducted entirely online.|
Syllabus for BTech Automobile Engineering
|Year One||Year Two|
|Professional Communication||Fluid Mechanics|
|Engineering Mathematics – 1 Engineering Chemistry 1||Manufacturing and Assembly Drawing Machines and Mechanism|
|Fundamentals of Electronics Engineering||Fourier Series, Partial Differential Equations and their Application Mechanics of Solids|
|Engineering Drawing||Automotive Engines Thermodynamics and Engineering|
|Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering Technical Communication||Manufacturing Technology|
|Year Three||Year Four|
|Probability and Statistics||Alternative Fuels and Pollution Control|
|Automotive Engine Systems||Vehicle Body Engineering and Aerodynamics|
|Design of Automotive Components||Vehicle Dynamics|
|Automotive Electrical and Electronics Systems Engine and Fuel Testing||Vehicle Performance and Testing|
|Metrology and Quality Control Automotive Chassis||Project|
Career Scope in BTech Automobile Engineering
Automobile manufacturing sectors, manufacturing facilities, service stations, state road transport corporations, private transport organizations, insurance firms, and motor vehicle authorities are only some of the prospects available to aspirants in this industry. Because the automobile business will continue to thrive, it will always be a rewarding career for fresh graduates to enter and succeed in. BTech in Automobile Engineering provides career knowledge as well as opportunity to work and discover versatility and advancement throughout one’s profession.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Production Engineer||Production engineers are in charge of developing basic procedures and processes, as well as testing and assembling numerous parts and accessories in preparation for final assessment and development.||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Manufacturing Engineers||Production engineers are in charge of developing basic procedures and processes, as well as testing and assembling numerous parts and accessories in preparation for final assessment and development.||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Development Engineers||Production engineers are in charge of developing basic procedures and processes, as well as testing and assembling numerous parts and accessories in preparation for final assessment and development.||INR 2-7 LPA|
|R&D executive||Before actual implementation, R&D or research and development executives create and offer designs and ideas connected to new automobiles, machinery, tools, equipment, processes, and manufacturing techniques to create a layout and participate in the area of learning to form a solid conclusion.||INR 2-8 LPA|
|Automobile Dealer||Automobile dealers are individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who own and operate a car dealership and engage in the selling and acquisition of automobiles.||INR 2-9 LPA|
Future Scope for BTech Automobile Engineering
BTech in Automobile Engineering provides numerous options in the engineering and industrial sectors to support and promote occupations that give a tough situation as well as the opportunity to grow and flourish.
- Students with MTech Vehicle Engineering degrees may be able to work as teachers and professors, guiding other candidates into the area of automobile engineering.
- Students and hopefuls can also engage as media influencers for top websites to advertise and publicize vehicle information and promotions.
- Professionals can function as managers and officers responsible for internal and external management, as well as ascend the organizational staircase to roles such as directors and production managers.
- Students also can operate as entrepreneurs by opening their own car dealership, in which they can involve a variety of clientele in the purchase and sale of numerous cars and other vehicles.
FAQ’s for B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
The admissions process for this vehicle engineering degree consists of several phases that must be completed before admission may be granted. To begin a career in Automobile Engineering, candidates must usually pass an entrance examination.
Automobile manufacturing industries, production facilities, service stations, state road transport corporations, private transport organizations, insurance companies, and motor vehicle departments are only some of the prospects available to aspirants in this industry. Because the automobile business will continue to thrive, it will always be a growing industry for fresh graduates to join and succeed in.
To get admitted to the programme, you must have an intermediate degree in physics, chemistry, and mathematics, as well as pass qualified entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and MET.
Automotive Electrical and Electronics Systems, Automotive Engine Systems, Vehicle Body Engineering, and Aerodynamics are among the topics covered in this curriculum.
Students who want to study abroad can serve as vehicle engineers and consultants to create a strong foundation before moving on to prominent positions in overseas subsidiaries of reputable automobile corporations.