BTech Garment Production Management is a four-year bachelor’s degree programme that focuses on apparel manufacturing technology, artificial intelligence, information technology, quality management, and other topics. The BTech Apparel Production Management degree prepares students to own and/or operate a worldwide fashion manufacturing business in the future. Candidates must pass their 10+2 or similar examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as obligatory courses to be eligible for the BTech Apparel Production Management programme.
The annual fee for a BTech in Apparel Production Management varies from INR 2 Lakhs to INR 2.5 Lakhs. Admissions to the BTech Apparel Production Management programme are determined by a candidate’s success in the qualifying examination and personal interview.
Individuals with a BTech in Apparel Production Management can operate as retail planners, quality controllers, product development managers, fit analyzers, consultants, and industrial engineers, among other positions. BTech Apparel Production Management salaries range from INR 4 LPA to INR 12 LPA on a yearly basis.
Table of Contents
Admissions for B.Tech Apparel Production Management
Admissions to the BTech Apparel Production Managements programme are often based on ability on national and state-level entrance tests, accompanied by a round of counseling. Some institutions, however, have their very own set of entry tests. JEE Main, JEE Advanced, or university-level examinations such as AP EAMCET, KIITEE, BEEE, MH CET, etc. are among the highly powerful and familiar national/state level entrance examinations. However, only a few universities provide direct enrollment for this programme based on a student’s merits.
Merit Based Admission
- Students have the option of applying both online and offline. Aspirants can obtain a registration form immediately from the institution or apply online through the different colleges’ official websites.
- The college admissions body will publish a merit list after evaluating all applications’ eligibility. Students should have scored at least 80-85 percent on their 10+2 exams to make the cut-off.
- Qualified applicants must then check their documentation and pay the program price to reserve their spot.
Entrance Based Admission
The following is a step-by-step guide to the admissions procedure:
- To register for an admission exam, candidates must first develop a customized account using certain fundamental information such as an email address, phone number, and password.
- Fill out the registration forms completely and accurately. Scan and submit all relevant documents, such as your 10+2 report card, certifications, caste certificates, pictures, and signatures, in the manner specified on the web portal.
- The required application cost can be paid both online and offline.
- Admit cards, which are necessary for participation in the qualifying examination, will be issued after a thorough assessment of the student’s qualification. For the admission exam, you should be well-prepared.
- Students have to go through the counselling stage after passing the entrance exam in order to select the college of their choosing.
- Finally, you must pay the entrance fee and check all of your documentation in order to confirm your spot for the upcoming academic year.
B.Tech Apparel Production Management : Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for B.Tech courses vary by college. Students must meet the following necessary requirements to be considered for this curriculum:
- Students must have completed their 10+2 level with Physics and Mathematics as obligatory courses and one of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, or any other technical course from a recognized board or council.
- Some institutions make English one of the required disciplines.
- At the 10+2 level, students must receive at least 45-50 percent of the total marks.
- Students from the SC/ST reserved category are eligible for a 5% reduction in their required scores.
B.Tech in Apparel Production Management : Entrance Exams
For admission to the B.Tech Apparel Production Management Engineering programme, a variety of national and state-level entrance tests are taken into account. Furthermore, a small number of institutions also have their own BTech Entrance Exams. The following are among the most common B. Tech Electronics Control System Engineering entrance tests:
JEE Main: It is a national-level entry exam administered by the NTA for admission to bachelor’s engineering degree programmes at India’s premier institutes.
|Conduction Body||National Testing Agency|
|Examination Frequency||Twice a year|
|Total Time||3 hours|
|Total Number of questions||75|
|Total Marks||300 marks|
|Subjects Covered||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Modes of examination||Online|
|Type of Question||Multiple Type QuestionNumerical Value Based Questions|
|For MCQs+4 (every correct answer)-0.25 (every incorrect answer)|
For Numerical Value-based Questions+4 (every correct answer)There will be no negative marking in this section.
JEE Advanced: This is yet another national-level entrance exam conducted online by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Students must pass the JEE Main test in order to take this examination.
|Conducting Body||The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|Examination Frequency||Once a year|
|Total Time||3 hours for each Paper1 and Paper 2.|
|Subjects covered||Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question, Numerical Value Based Question, List Match Cases|
|For MCQs+4 (each correct answer)-0.25 (for each wrong answer)|
For numerical value based question+4 (each correct answer)There will be no negative marking in this section
For List Match Cases+3 (for each correct answer)-0.25 ( for each wrong answer)
AP EAMCET: It is a state-level qualifying test held by JNTU Kakinada for getting admissions in Engineering, Medical, and Agricultural courses provided by Andhra Pradesh’s leading schools and institutions.
KIITEE: The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology administers a university-level admissions test for admissions to B.Tech and dual degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) programmes.
BEEE: It is another entrance exam held by Bharath University in Chennai for admission to several undergraduate and graduate engineering programmes.
MH CET: It is a standard examination conducted for admission to UG and PG level degree programmes in engineering and pharmacy given by Maharashtra’s premier institutions.
BTech Apparel Production Management: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor in Technology in Apparel Production Management|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 cleared with science subjects and graduate in science stream|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based/ Merit Basis|
|Course Fee||INR 2 Lakhs Annually|
|Average Starting salary||INR 4 LPA to 10 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Grasim Industries, Bombay Dyeing, Vardhman Textiles, Welspun India Limited, National Textile Corporation Limited (NTCL), etc|
|Job Positions||Retail planner, Sampling Room Coordinator, Quality Controller, Product Development Manager, Entrepreneur, etc|
What is course in BTech Apparel Production Management about?
Throughout the B. Tech in clothing production management engineering programme, students gain extensive knowledge of the various modules of apparel manufacturing systems and their work procedures. Learners experiment with various raw materials, as well as design and pattern work. Bachelors of Technology in Apparel Production Management Engineering offers opportunities for people who desire to use scientific methods to conduct advancements in the garment and fashion industries. The changing nature of the garment sector makes this B.tech degree more capable for students in relation to learning new concepts utilized in the production of apparel such as daily wear, party wear accessories such as belts, caps, scarves, and so on.
BTech Apparel Production Management: Course Benefits
The aims and goals of each person will determine their career path after BTech Apparel Production Management. The following are among the benefits of doing this BTech Apparel Production Masters programme:
- In-Demand Profession: Apparel production management is a high-demand industry, with open employment available right away for qualified graduates. It is one of the most distinctive and well-known engineering departments.
- High Pay: For both private and governmental enterprises, average packages for BTech Apparel Production Management graduates are on the upper end.
- Prospects for a Wide Range of Careers: A student in the Apparel Production Management programme can pursue a wide range of professional options. The sky is the limit when it comes to educational programmes. From law to management to competitive examinations to gain a job in the public sector, the options are endless.
BTech Apparel Production Management: Best Colleges
|Name of College||Average Fees|
|National Institute of Design||INR 1.5 Lakh|
|National Institute of Fashion Technology||INR 6.7 Lakh|
|School of Fashion Technology||INR 86,000|
|Sophia Shree B. K. Somani Polytechnic||INR 30,000.|
|Apparel Training and Design Center||INR 70,000|
|West Bengal University of Technology||INR 10,000|
|Government College of Engineering and Textile Technology||INR 1.3 Lakh|
Syllabus for BTech Apparel Production Management
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Costumes and Apparel industry||Values and Ethics in Profession|
|Marketing||Garment Export Factory|
|Visual Merchandising||Information Technology Firms|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Supply Chain Management||Fit Analysis|
|Pattern Making||Project Management|
|Enterprise Resource Planning||Buying|
|Quality Control and Analysis||Industrial Engineers|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Vendor Management||Logistics Management|
|E-commerce||Software Consultancy Firms|
|Information Technology in Apparel industry||Clothing Science|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Product Engineering and Plant LayOut||CAD/CAM for Apparel Products|
|Apparel Accessories And Surface Ornamentation||Fashion Business|
|Industrial Management||Assignment/ Project|
Career Scope BTech Apparel Production Management
Candidates who must complete a B. Tech in clothing production management engineering will have access to possible career profiles, so there will be no shortage of options. Various businesses, such as clothing, jewelry, boutiques, textile mills, and the leather industry, present numerous career prospects for recent graduates. They will be promoted to a greater level in the garment and fashion sector after a few years of experience. There are numerous textile and import-export enterprises where b tech in clothing production management engineering graduates might find lucrative employment.
After graduation, many individuals begin their own firms and businesses to gain competence in one or more requirements, including raw materials, fabric and thread requirements, and so on. The rise of e-commerce has the potential to promote this industry because many garment and textile companies conduct business online directly with clients, necessitating the need for social media professionals and digital media managers to drive traffic to their websites.
Here is a list of several job profiles where students with a bachelor’s degree in clothing production management engineering might find work:
|Job Profiles||Average Salary Package|
|Retail Planner||INR 5 LPA|
|Sampling Room Coordinator||INR 4.2 LPA|
|Product Development Manager||INR 3.8 LPA|
|Consultant||INR 3 LPA|
|Quality Assurance Professional||INR 5.2 LPA|
Future Scope for BTech Apparel Production Management
Bachelors of Technology in Apparel Production Management offers expertise and research in the business by providing practical experience. Individuals who are eager to develop new market trends and use their imagination to give something unique will have more prospects after finishing this program. This programme provides information on how to build a brand and work with top corporations, and students will get the opportunity to work with well-known fashion designers. The growth of the e-commerce industry has boosted this business on a larger scale, as many clients shop online.
Several prominent organizations and corporate universities offer a B.Tech in clothing production management engineering. Students can enroll in this school for a very low cost and begin a profession in a most attractive business.
Students with a BTech Apparel Production Management degree can extend their academic careers by pursuing the most prominent educational options, such as:
- MTech: Students with a BTech Apparel Production Management degree can extend their academic careers by pursuing the most prominent educational options, such as:
- MBA: A huge percentage of students prefer to get into management by enrolling in a PGDM or MBA programme. A BTech degree combined with an MBA degree in a chosen specialisation is quite beneficial.
FAQ’s for BTech Apparel Production Management
The student must have received a minimum of 55 percent in their Intermediate from a recognized institution and have passed the cut-off list or entrance test.
Apparel production is a branch of design that concentrates on apparel manufacturing technology, artificial intelligence, information technology, and quality control, among other things.
Across the curriculum, candidates are fundamentally taught the fundamentals of aesthetics, design, and administration. When a fashion design concept is turned into a tangible fashion product, the discipline of apparel development comes into effect, and it may include sewing, fabric cutting, garment pieces, and completing operations.