Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) is a four-year full-time bachelor’s degree programme in elementary education. The programme prepares applicants for learning in elementary schools, where students range in age from 6 to 12. Students must meet the admissions authorities’ fundamental eligibility standards in order to be considered for this course. To be admitted to this programme, candidates must have completed Class 12 or similar from a recognized board.
B.El.Ed. Admission is granted based on the applicant’s score in the Class 12 examination or the student’s success in the qualifying examination. Historical patterns, philosophical theories, current classroom trends, history and evolution of education, education-related prior state, and federal legislative policies, child development principles, education practice, pedagogy, and the involvement of an instructor in the grooming of students are all covered in the B.El.Ed curriculum.
Based on the institution providing the degree, the typical annual fee for a B.El.Ed. programme in India varies between INR 20,000 and INR 1,50,000. Miranda House College, Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR), Gargi College, and other prominent B.El.Ed institutions in India include Miranda House College, Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR), Gargi College, and others.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
B.El.Ed. Admission Process
The majority of private universities admit students based on their grades in the 12th grade. Most colleges and institutes, on the other hand, admit candidates to B.El.Ed. programmes based on their ability in the institution’s qualifying examination, which is accompanied by rounds of assessment.
Students must get high grades in Class 12 in order to be considered for straight admission to the B.El.Ed. programme. Applicants will be selected for additional admission rounds based on their Class 12 grades and personal interviews.
B.El.Ed. Course Overview
The following are some of the program’s significant highlights:-
|Duration of the Course||4 years|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 in any stream from a recognized board|
|Admission Process||Entrance Test followed by Counselling.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 20,000 to 1.5 lakhs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2,00,000 to INR 4,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Organizations||Schools, Primary Schools etc.|
|Top Job Areas||Coaching Centers, Education Department, Private Tuitions etc.|
|Top Job Positions||Primary Teacher, Content Reviewer, Career Counsellor etc.|
Students applying for admission to the B.El.Ed. programme must have the following basic requirements:
- Passed Class 12 or similar in a related subject from a recognised board with a minimum of 50% (45% for those belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC category).
Have a two-year elementary education diploma.
Students who are taking their final exams for Class 12 are also qualified to participate for the B.El.Ed. programme.
Why Should You Take a B.El.ED Curriculum?
The below are among the reasons why individuals should think about pursuing a B.El.Ed as a viable academic option.
- Good Employment opportunity: Individuals who complete this curriculum are easily hired as teachers in educational institutions. Aside from that, applicants who complete the B.El.Ed programme are employed in a variety of fields, including publishing firms, schools, the Education Department, coaching centres, and so on. As per the Naukri Job Speak Index survey, they are mostly engaged in the field of education, which has had the most employment rates after the healthcare sector.
- Excellent Salary and Other Advantages: As according studies, primary school teachers in India get an average annual salary of INR 760,000, with other benefits such as DA, Provident Funds, Medical Insurance, and more. Students in prestigious institutions are also offered attractive incentives, with an average annual income of INR 2-4 lakhs.
- Students who choose this programme will receive training in assessing individuals’ academic and social development, keeping accurate records, generating status reports, connecting with parents via meetings and other ways, discussing child’s progress, and many other topics. Students will learn about child psychology, which will aid them in comprehending a youngster’s mentality. As a result, they can serve as a counsellor for youngsters who are experiencing any form of mental worry.
- Become a professional teacher: Applicants are active in country because they are aware of the various applicants’ demands. Theories and practises of elementary education, technological tools of modern classrooms, introductory courses in how children learn, knowledge of child psychology and cognitive development, analysis of popular children’s literature, and recognition of instructional procedures and techniques that are most efficient and suitable for youngsters are just a few of the disciplines that applicants study in B.El.Ed. This enables them to improve as educators and give better customer service to children.
Who Should Participate in This Curriculum?
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in academia and becoming a teacher should enrol in this programme.
- Individuals interested in working with children on a grassroots level should enrol in the course. In this situation, the students are mostly interested in working with government agencies or non-governmental organisations (NGOs) that promote education in India.
- Interested students in shaping India’s basic education syllabus should enrol in the programme.
B.El.Ed. Entrance Exams
Entrance exams are an integral part of the application process for any B.El.Ed. programme. The following are some of the most popular entrance exams for admittance to B.El.Ed. programmes:
- DU B.El.Ed. : The Delhi University B.El.Ed. Admissions Test is a computer-based test that the Delhi University administers for admittance to its B.El.Ed. programme. The admission exam will consist of 120 multiple choice that students must finish in two hours.
B.El.Ed. Best Colleges
The table below lists several of the best institutions that offer a B.El.Ed. programme:
|Miranda House College||New Delhi||NAAC||INR 76,000|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women, (LSR)||New Delhi||NAAC, UGC||INR 76,120|
|Gargi College||New Delhi||NAAC, UGC||INR 65,940|
|Jesus and Mary College||New Delhi||NAAC||INR 81,840|
|Amity University||Noida||NCTE, COA, BCI, AICTE, NAAC, UGC, AIU||INR 2.4 lakhs|
|Central Women’s College of Education||Lucknow||AICTE, NAAC||INR 1.02 lakhs|
|Bundelkhand University||Jhansi||AICTE, NAAC, UGC||INR 1.4 lakhs|
|Invertis University||Bareilly||NCTE, COA, PCI, BCI, AICTE, UGC, NBA, AIU||INR 1.6 lakhs|
|Mangalayatan University||Aligarh||NCTE, PCI, BCI, UGC||INR 2 lakhs|
|Amity University||Kolkata||UGC||INR 2.4 lakhs|
The table below shows the entire year-by-year curriculum for the B.El.Ed. programme:
|Year I||Year II|
|Child development||English I|
|Contemporary India||Hindi I|
|Nature of language||Mathematics I|
|Core mathematics||Physics I|
|Core natural science||Chemistry I|
|Core social sciences||History I|
|–||Political science I|
|Year III||Year IV|
|Mathematics II||Natural science|
|Physics II||Social science|
|Chemistry II||Computer education|
|History II||Project work|
|Political science II||–|
Career Scopes after B.EL.Ed
Students with B.EL.Ed degrees have professional choices in both the private and public sectors. Individuals for the programme can choose from a variety of roles depending on their area of expertise. Content Writer, Instructional Designer, Curriculum Developer, Teacher, Tutors, and others are examples of B.EL.Ed career responsibilities. Following are some of the possible career paths after completing the B.EL.Ed programme:
- Primary Teacher
- Educational Instructor
- Curriculum Developer
- Instructional Designer
- Student Counsellor
- Learning Mentor
- Community Education Officer
The following are among the top career options for B.El.Ed. students, along with their related pay rates:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Primary Teacher||High school teachers work in schools that accept students in grades 9 through 12. They focus on teaching students a specific subject, such as English, Science, History, Mathematics, Language, or Art. They must devise a curriculum that covers everything from elementary Algebra to sophisticated psychology. Teaching can be gratifying, but when dealing with unmotivated or rowdy students, High School Teachers may confront difficulties.||INR 2,37,000|
|Content Writer||Web content writers create content that is optimized for use on the internet. Digital media is gaining popularity these days as new technologies entice viewers to the web. For available employment, such Content Writers may face stiff competition. Some are freelancers who work for multiple clients from the comfort of their own homes. The vast majority of them have bachelor’s degrees in journalism, English, or communication. They must be comfortable writing for both traditional outlets and the internet.||INR 2,43,000|
|Career Counsellor||Giving speeches about their services can help career counsellors locate new clients. They also keep client records, conduct mock interviews, and administer aptitude and achievement tests to gather data that helps them aid clients in making career decisions. For customers wanting to pursue schooling, they also collect information about schools and programmes, tuition, book fees, and schedules. Career counselors assist people in developing their career plans, as well as training them in fundamental job search tactics and providing information on the labor market.||INR 2,41,000|
|Associate Education Developer||An Education Developer is recognised for collaborating with classroom teachers to purchase materials such as books for educational usage, as well as observing teachers provide suggestions on how to improve a student’s performance. They may be engaged in teacher education. Individuals may also be engaged in reviewing State rules and making permissible changes to school programme to ensure that the studying material provided to students meets State guidelines and standards.||INR 6,80,000|
B.El.Ed. Future Scope
Students who complete the B.El.Ed. programme can pursue a variety of careers. Graduates will be able to expand their teaching skills with the help of a B.El.Ed. degree, which will help them find a suitable job and advance their career in the education field. The scope is rapidly expanding and will continue to do so in the near future.
A B.El.Ed. can be used in a variety of fields in both the private and governmental sectors. Graduates may begin working immediately. Students can also choose to work for the government. In schools and other institutions, he is a teacher.
Career Options After B.El.Ed.
There are numerous prospects and professional options available after earning a B.El.Ed. Students can make their choices based on their talents and interests. Following are some of the most popular post-B.El.Ed. employment options:
- B.Ed.: Many individuals choose B.Ed. after completing B.El.Ed. It is always suggested to continue your education after completing this programme, as it will not be as beneficial otherwise. The B.Ed programme has become critically required because it allows individuals to teach at both the middle and high school levels. Entrance examinations are used to determine admission to the B.Ed programme. However, some universities also provide admission based on a merit list.
- M.Ed: Students can also enrol in M.Ed courses in their chosen field of expertise. In order to pursue the M.Ed degree, individuals must have completed their B.Ed curriculum. Admissions to the M.Ed. programme is based on a merit list or a competitive exams.
FAQ’s for B.EI.Ed.
After completing a B.El.Ed. programme, you can work as a primary teacher or tutor, or pursue additional education such as a B.Ed., M.El.Ed, or M.Ed.
According to the ratings, Lady Shri Ram College for Women is the top place to study B.El.Ed.
The following are among the best universities and institutes in India that provide a B.El.Ed. programme:
LSR, New Delhi
Gargi College, New Delhi
Miranda House, New Delhi
Amity University, Noida
English, Hindi, Mathematics, Economics, Child Development, and other courses are studied in B.El.Ed.