Aviation Courses: Airport Management, Ground Staff and Cabin Crew Training, Commercial Pilot License, and Aviation Hospitality are just a few of the aviation curriculum available. All of the Aviation Programmes are designed to meet the demands and desires of the aviation sector.
The qualifying requirements for Aviation Courses beyond 12th grade, such as Bachelor’s and Post- Baccalaureate’s, are determined by class 12th grades and Bachelor’s results, respectively. In both circumstances, the students should achieve a minimum of 50%.
Individuals interested in pursuing a career as a pilot can select between three types of pilot licences: Student Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License, and Private Pilot License. The duration of each type of pilot training program varies, as do the qualifying conditions.
Aside from being a helicopter or airline pilot, individuals can pursue careers in the airline hospitality industry, such as becoming an Air Hostess. Communication skills, timeliness, and a beautiful demeanour are just a few of the qualities required of an air hostess.
According to Business Standard, the Indian aviation sector has showed extraordinary resistance during the pandemic, fighting off the pandemic gloom. Individuals choosing top Aviation Institutions today can find a good market and career prospects when they finish their study among India’s 370 aviation colleges.
Table of Contents
What Are the Different Types of Aviation Courses?
Aviation degree programmes are available at several levels and can be pursued as early as the tenth grade. After completing class 10 or 12, or even after qualifying from a science-related course, an aspirant can decide to seek a profession in aviation.
|Name of the Course||Duration||Average Fees (INR)|
|Diploma in Airport Management||1 year||60,000-1,00,000|
|Diploma in Ground Staff & Cabin Crew Training||6 months/ 1 year||35,000 – 1,20,000|
|Student Pilot License||1 Year||4,00,000 – 6,00,000|
|Commercial Pilot Training||4 to 5 years||8,00,000 – 12,00,000|
|Private Pilot License||1 Year||10,00,000 -15,00,000|
|Diploma in Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management||1 year||70,000 – 2,50,000|
|Diploma in Airfare & Ticketing Management||6 months/ 1 year||10,000 – 70,000|
|B.B.A in Airport Management||3 years||70,000 – 1,50,000|
|BBA in Aviation||3 years||90,000 – 2,00,000|
|B.Sc in Airline And Airport Management||3 years||30,000 – 1,50,000|
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME)||3 years||5,00,000 – 15,00,000|
|MBA in Aviation Management||2 Years||3,50,000 – 7,00,000|
|MBA in Airline and Airport Management||2 Years||2,20,000 – 6,00,000|
|MSc in Aviation||2 Years||50,000 – 1,50,000|
Aviation Courses After 10th
After class 10, a student can undertake certification and diploma-level aviation studies. There are no entrance examinations or merit requirements for these aviation programmes; you may start applying to the institution and begin the course immediately. Their typical need is that they have a working knowledge of English, arithmetic, and basic geographic ideas.
Certification, Aviation Courses
|Air Hostess & Flight Steward Training||Center for Civil Aviation Training – CCAT Delhi/NCR||INR 50, 000|
|Air Hostess and Hospitality Training||Kairali Aviation Pvt. Ltd||NA|
|Air Hostess/ Flight Steward||Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics, Jaipur||NA|
|Air Travel & Inflight Management||International Institute of Airlines – IIA Kolkata||NA|
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||Pailan Aviation Institute – PAI Kolkata||NA|
Diploma in Aviation Courses
|Advance Diploma in Aviation & Tourism Management||Trade-wings Institute of Management, Mumbai||INR 32,000|
|Advance Diploma in Aviation, Tourism & Hospitality Management||Trade-wings Institute of Management||INR 42,500|
|AirCraft Maintenance||Coimbatore Aeronautical College||INR 45,000|
|Air Hostess||Universal Aviation Academy, Chennai||NA|
|Air Ticketing & Travel Management||Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics, Chennai||NA|
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineering – Avionics Stream||Academy of Aviation And Engineering, Bangalore||NA|
Aviation Courses After 12th
Aviation studies are available at the diploma and bachelor’s level following the 12th grade. They demand a candidate to finish class 12 with a minimum of 50% in topics such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics, as well as a basic understanding of English and geography. To pursue a career in aviation after high school, students must achieve strong grades in class 12.
Diploma in Aviation Courses
|Course||Duration||Average Expected Salary|
|Diploma in Airport Management||1 year||2-5 LPA|
|Commercial Pilot Training||4 to 5 years||5-12 LPA|
|Diploma in Ground Staff And Cabin Crew Training||6 months to 1 year||4-6 LPA|
|Diploma in Aviation Hospitality||1 year||4-6 LPA|
|Diploma in Airfare & Ticketing Management||6 months to 1 year||2-3 LPA|
Undergraduate Level Aviation Courses
|Course||Duration||Average Expected Salary|
|BBA in Business Management||3 years||3-6 LPA|
|BBA in Aviation||3 years||3-6 LPA|
|Btech Aeronautical Engineering||4 years||3-5 LPA|
|B.Sc in Airline And Airport Management||3 years||3-7 LPA|
|B.Sc Aviation||3 years||2-4 LPA|
|BBA in Airport Management||3 years||4-8 LPA|
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME)||3 years (6 months training)||3-5 LPA|
Aviation Courses After Graduation
- In India, master’s degrees in aviation are currently offered as MBA and MSc degrees. Both these programmes are two years in length, and the application process varies by institution.
- To be considered for admission, candidates must have received a 50 percent grade from a recognised university.
- Students for programmes such as MBA in Aviation Management will be needed to take entrance exams such as the CAT, MAT, SNAP, and others.
What do Aviation Courses Involve?
- For generations, flying has been on the wish list of human civilization. There are several pilot licenses for pilots, management degrees for the aviation hospitality sector, engineering and science degrees for manufacturers, and maintenance diplomas for those catering to aircraft maintenance because it is a market that needs extensive skills and talents.
- Individuals who work in the aviation industry will have the opportunity to work in a fascinating field. There are several options to travel around the globe. Because an Indian Commercial Pilot License is valid in 191 countries and an Aircraft Maintenance Engineering licence is available anywhere in the world, there is a lot of opportunity for students who want to work outside of India.
- Despite the fact that Covid-19 has become a major barrier for the airline industry, it has proven to be extremely resilient. The aviation sector is finding hope at the end of the corridor because to steps like using aircraft for cargo shipping, including vaccines, and passenger counts recovering to pre-covid levels.
Who Should Pursue Aviation Courses?
Candidates from any discipline (arts, commerce, or science) can study any aviation programme. However, if a person wants to be a pilot, he must have studied science in high school and have a graduate degree. Furthermore, depending on the level of aviation programs you wish to take, the requirements and application procedures fluctuate.
- Individuals with strong communication skills should apply for aviation courses because one of the most crucial aspects of being a pilot or an air hostess is being able to communicate clearly.
- One of the most significant aspects of learning aviation is having an attractive personality and a willingness to meet new people.
- Another reason is the right to maintain cool in the face of adversity. This is critical because any malfunction at 20,000 feet above sea level causes panic. In such situations, steely nerves are required to keep everyone calm, including passengers.
Why Should You Take Aviation Courses?
The Indian aerospace and aviation industry is one of the most in-demand industries for engineering and non-technical careers. Many people’s lives can be changed by taking aviation courses. The following are some of the reasons to consider taking aviation classes:
- Workplace Challenges: The aviation business is a high-risk industry. Airport Crash Fire Tenders and Rescue Crews are frequently confronted with dangerous situations that necessitate extreme concentration and patience.
- Exposure to several fields: The aviation industry is focused on the hospitality, management, and engineering fields. The employee’s career advancement is aided by this type of exposure to many fields.
- Building a worldwide network: If you work in aviation, you have the opportunity to travel to different countries, immerse yourself in their cultures, meet new people, and form new relationships.
- Aviation is a highly ambitious sector because of the rigorous expectations and challenges it faces.
- Aviation Firm Benefits: Aviation firms provide some travel benefits to their employees because they are high-paying jobs.
By far the majority of people who want to be pilots prefer to do bachelor’s level aviation programs first, followed by master’s level aviation courses.
|Degree||Percentage of Candidates Pursuing|
Top Qualities Required for Aviation Courses
Flight operations are listed as the top talent on 66.3 percent of aviators’ resumes, but soft skills like communication and problem-solving are also necessary to become an aviator.
- Because their employment needs them to engage with customers every day, most aviation programs require candidates to have strong communication and customer service abilities.
- Candidates should also be well-versed in airport security and first-aid procedures in order to avoid fear and death in the event of an emergency.
- Students for aviation positions must have a thorough understanding of front-office operations and computer applications.
- It’s beneficial to have organisational skills. You must do all of the labour because the aviation sector is so large. systematised and updated
|Team worker||Clear speech and voice|
|Good written English/Hindi||Squadron|
|Communication Skills||Problem-Solving Skills|
Top Aviation Course Colleges in India
Kerala, Bangalore, Mumbai, and Hyderabad are home to some of the best aviation schools in the world. They offer a wide range of aviation programs, from certificate to master’s level.
Aviation Colleges in Kerala
|International Institute of Management and Technical Studies||INR 80.7 K|
|Skywings Academy of Aviation and Tourism||INR 35 K – 3.14 L|
|Sha Shib Aviation Academy||INR 31 L|
|Great India Academy||–|
Aviation Colleges in Bangalore
|Skybird Aviation||INR 75 K – 45 L|
|ABBS Bangalore||INR 3.9 L|
|M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences||INR 27 K|
|Krupanidhi Degree College||INR 3.93 L|
|AIMS Institutes||INR 3.25 L|
Aviation Colleges in Mumbai
|Adventure Flight Education Private Limited||INR 25.2 L – 32.4 L|
|Garware Institute of Career Education and Development||INR 60 K – 1.56 L|
|The Bombay Flying Club’s College of Aviation||INR 5.5 L – 6.78 L|
|Indian Aviation Academy||–|
|Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management||INR 35 K|
|National Institute of Management and Research Studies||INR 25 K – 1.2 L|
Aviation Colleges in Hyderabad
|Skybird Aviation||INR 75 K – 45 L|
|Adventure Flight Education Private Limited||INR 25.63 L – 32.95 L|
|Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy||INR 2.66 L|
|Flytech Aviation Academy||INR 5 L|
|GMR Aviation Academy||INR 22.34 K – 2.95 L|
|Asia Pacific Flight Training Academy||INR 38 K – 42.85 L|
Aviation Course Syllabus
|Introduction To Airline Industry||Personality Development & Soft Skills|
|Introduction To Aircraft||Language 1|
|Crew Member Coordination And Communication||Language 2|
|Customer Service||Cargo Management & Handling|
|Airport Functioning & Strategy||Safety And Emergency Procedures Aircraft|
|Managing Passenger Interactions||Safety And Emergency Procedures On Ground|
|Computer Reservation System Training||Communication Skills|
|Safety & Security Management||—|
Career Scope of Aviation Courses
The aviation business is one of the top paying industries on the planet, thus there are many opportunities after completing aviation courses.
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Air Hostess/ Cabin Crew||INR 504,000 to 702,000|
|Front-end Office Operator||INR 5,00,000|
|Airport Manager||INR 6,00,000|
|Cargo Department Manager||INR 3,00,000 to 4,00,000|
|Flight Attendant||INR 480,000 to 675,000|
|Commercial Pilot||INR 5,00,000- 6,00,000|
|Ground Services Staff||INR 504,000 to 735,000|
Top Hiring Recruiters
|Make My Trip||Spicejet|
|Airport Authority of India||Air Asia|
|Air India||Go Air|
Salary of an Aviator in India
In the aviation industry, the starting wage ranges from INR 3,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 per year. It can reach up to INR 9- 12 LPA with years of experience.
Aviation Courses FAQ’s
For most positions, such as cabin crew and pilot, a class 12 pass certificate is sufficient. The entry requirements for courses such as BSc or MSc in Aviation, on the other hand, differ.
A pilot’s annual salary in India ranges from INR 8,00,000 to INR 90,00,000.
Yes, there are some courses on Coursera, Udemy, and other platforms.
Communication, interpersonal skills, and adaptability are the top three talents required of airport ground employees.