Unitedworld School of Law, also known as UWSL, is a prestigious private institution located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It operates as a constituent institute of Karnavati University and is renowned for its commitment to legal education and research excellence. The institute has taken significant strides in legal education and is supported by various research centers that facilitate students in conducting research-related activities. These research centers are as follows:
- Center for Women & Children’s Rights (UWCR): This center focuses on issues related to the rights and welfare of women and children, promoting legal research in these critical areas.
- Center for Corporate Governance & Corporate Training (CCGCT): This center delves into corporate governance practices and provides corporate training, contributing to better corporate ethics and practices.
- Center for Law & Philosophy (CLP): Exploring the intersection of law and philosophy, this center encourages philosophical inquiry into legal principles and ethics.
- Center for Research in Intellectual Property Studies (CRIPS): Focusing on intellectual property rights, this center engages in research activities related to patents, copyrights, trademarks, and more.
- Center for Advocacy for Social Inclusion & Public Policy (CASIPP): This center advocates for social inclusion and contributes to policy research for the betterment of society.
In recognition of its dedication to legal education and research, UWSL has received several accolades. In 2017, the institute was honored with the “Top 10 Most Promising Law Colleges in India” award by the Higher Education Review. Additionally, it has been recognized with the “Emerging Law Institute of India Award.”
UWSL offers a wide range of programs, including undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), and doctoral (Ph.D.) programs, all of which are offered under various specializations of law. Some of these specializations include Criminal Law, International Law, Business Law, and more. The institute boasts a faculty team comprising 21 assistant and associate professors who are dedicated to imparting quality legal education.
Students at UWSL benefit from a holistic educational experience, participating in national and international conferences, workshops, seminars, moot court competitions, mock trials, and internships. The institute’s Moot Court Committee plays a pivotal role in organizing moot court competitions and mock trials to enhance students’ practical legal skills.
UWSL, Karnavati University Highlights
- Also known as: UWSL, Karnavati University
- Institution type: Private
- Campus location: Ahmedabad
- Top 10 Most Promising Law Colleges in India by the Higher Education Review
- Emerging Law Institute of India Award
- Courses offered: BBA LLB, LLM, PhD
- Admission criteria: Entrance-based
- Entrance exams accepted:
- CLAT / LSAT / KUAT for BBA LLB
- KULAT for LLM
- Application mode: Online
- Gender intake: Co-ed
- Total faculty: 21
- Mode of education: Full-time
- Top recruiters: 99acres.com, Airtel, Apollo Munich, Asian Paints, Audi, CITI Bank, DCB Bank
- Number of scholarships offered: 2
- Scholarship criteria: Merit-based
- Official website: UWSL, Karnavati University
Admission Process at UWSL, Karnavati University for 2024
Undergraduate Course (BBA LLB):
- Candidates who have completed Class 12 in any stream are eligible to apply for the BBA LLB program.
- Admission is based on scores from one of the following exams: CLAT, LSAT, or KUAT (Karnavati University Admission Test).
- Final selection includes an evaluation of entrance exam scores, Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) performance.
Postgraduate Course (LLM):
- Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university to apply for the LLM program.
- Admission to the LLM program relies on KULAT (Karnavati University LLM Admission Test) scores.
- The final selection considers KULAT scores along with performance in the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- Candidates should hold a master’s degree from a recognized university to apply for the PhD program.
- Admission to the PhD program is determined by scores from one of the following exams: UGC NET, JRF, TRF, CSIR, ICAR, ICMR, DBT, DST, GATE, or CAT.
- Final selection involves assessing entrance exam scores, a Personal Interview (PI), and a viva.