Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) 2022 is conducted by IIT Bombay. This is an entrance exam to analyze the aptitude for the design of the candidate involving visual perception ability, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, drawing skills, and problem-solving skills. This exam provides the students to get placed in programmes like Master of Design, Ph.D. in Design. The score of CEED is valid for a period of one year.
In this section, you will find everything you need to know regarding CEED 2022 such as Application form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Exam Dates, Exam Preparation, Syllabus.
CEED 2022 Overview
The key points about CEED 2022 are highlighted below:
|Full-Form||Common Entrance Exam for Design|
|Exam Types||PG Level|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Common Entrance Exam for Design|
|Exam Date||January 2022|
|Exam Duration||03 Hours|
|Helpline||Tel: 91 22 2576 4063 / 9093 / 9094 Email ID: [email protected]|
Given below are the information about the important dates of CEED 2022, the final date to register for the examination is October 2021, before registering candidate should check whether they are eligible to apply or not if the applied candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria his/her registration will be rejected.
CEED 2022 provides you a chance to edit your application form to correct the mistakes that you have committed.
|Important Events||Dates 2022 (Tentative)|
|Online Registration Starts||September 2021|
|Last date to register (No late fee)||October 2021|
|Last date to register (with late fee of Rs.500)||November 2021|
|Release of admit card||January 2022|
|CEED 2022 Exam Date||January 2022|
|Release of Answer key||January 2022|
|Challenging of answer key||January 2022|
|Release of Final Answer key||January 2022|
|Results Announcement||March 2022|
The candidates qualifying the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for the exam, in this section, the candidate will find all the details about CEED 2022 Application Form:
- Candidate should read the information carefully before applying
- The application form is available in online mode from October 2021
- Should submit the application form through online mode from official website of CCED
- Candidate should fill all the relevant information that Is mentioned in the application form
- Along with the application form, candidate should attach the scanned copy of passport size photograph signature, category certificate and degree certificate as well
- Candidate should pay the application fee before applying
- Without paying the application fee, candidate will not be able to apply for the examination
- Candidate can pay the application fee by choosing net banking/credit/debit cards.
- It is advised to keep a photocopy of the application form for future reference till the admission process is over.
CEED 2022 Application Fee
The application fee for CEED 2022 has been increased by IIT Bombay. For the entire category, the application fee of CEED 2022 is raised. Online registration fees can be paid by candidates for CEED 2022. For every category, the CEED application fee is different. Check for the difference between the 2022 CEED fee for registration and the CEED 2022 application fee as set out in the following table.
|Category||CEED 2021 application fee||CEED 2022 application fee|
|Female/SC/ST/PwD candidates||Rs 1600||To be Announced|
|All other candidates||Rs 3200||To be Announced|
Documents Required for filling CEED 2022 Application Form
- A recently clicked colored photograph and a scanned copy of the signature (.jpg file).
- If this course is completed, a scanned copy of the diploma / certificate is needed. If the applicant does not have a final degree certificate, submit a copy of the provisional certificate or the final year marks. If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the College or the Head of the Department should be submitted.
- Applicants who fall within the category OBC-NCL / SC / ST must submit valid category certificates issued by the concerned authority.
- Applicants in the PwD category should produce a valid and genuine medical certificate.
- PwD applicants who need more time during the CEED 2022 exam have to upload a soft copy of the request letter.
- Applicants whose names do not match the name of the degree / certificate should submit a gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned copies of the passport indicating the change of name.
Following is the information related to Eligibility Criteria of CEED 2022:
Qualifying Examination: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Architecture / Design / Interior Design or their equivalent from a recognized board or university after 10 + 2 level.
LPU University, Punjab
After 10 + 2 level exams he / she must have received a Professional Diploma in Design such as NID / CEPT or their equivalent.
He/she may have been pursuing a five-year G.D program. Art with one year of professional experience post-graduation following 10th level examinations.
Chandigarh University, Punjab
He/she must have completed 4 years Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) after 10 + 2 level examinations.
Age Criteria: There is no minimum age limit for the entrance exam to appear.
Appearing candidates: Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply as long as they are allowed to demonstrate passing proof at the time of admission.
GATE Score: Candidates will apply based on their GATE Score, too.
CEED 2022 Exam Pattern
In this section, you will find the Exam Pattern of CEED 2022.
Exam Mode and Date: CEED 2022 Exam is organized in online CBT in the month of January 2022 but Part B is drawing based and is carried out in offline mode.
Parts: The question paper will be divided into two sections – Part A and Part B.
Parts Number: Part A is to consist of three segments.
Type of Questions: Part A includes various forms of selected questions and numerical. Part B will include questions related to drawing.
Time length: The overall duration of the exam will be 3 hours (part A -1 hour; part B- 2 hour).
Total Marks: Part A and Part B are each to be 100 marks.
Medium Language: The exam paper will be in English.
Weightage of Marks: 25% weightage of marks will be given in Part A and 75% weightage to Part B.
In the below table we have distributed number & type of questions and total marks scored in each section:
|Section||No. of Questions||Question No.||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if Not Attempted||Total Marks|
|NAT||10||1 – 10||3||0||0||30|
|MSQ||10||11 – 20||2||0||0||20|
|MCQ||25||21 – 45||2||-0.6||0||50|
|Total||45||1 – 45||100|
|Section||No. of Questions||Question No.||Total Marks|
|Discipline Specific Question||5 (answer any one)||1 – 5||40|
|Total||8||1 – 8||100|
CEED 2022 Syllabus
Students who are appearing for the examination should read the following:
Visualization and spatial ability, Environmental and Social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and Creativity, Design Thinking and Problem Solving, Observation and Design Sensitivity.
Drawing, Creativity, Communication Skills, Analytical and problem-solving skills.
CEED 2022 Answer Key
CEED 2022 Answer Key will be made available after the exam. Candidates can check their answer key with their own login Id. Candidates can download PDF Format of the Answer Key. It is to be available in January 2022.
The Final Answer Key is expected to be available in February 2022. Candidates who gave the entrance exam will only be able to obtain the official CEED 2022 Response Key through online mode.
Steps to download CEED 2022 Answer Key:
Given below are the steps to download the CEED 2022 Answer Key:
- First, go to the official website of CEED i.e. www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
- Now find and click on the answer key tab.
- After this submit the details required to log in to the account.
- Now click on the login option.
- Once logged in, the candidate will find the solutions displayed on the screen.
- The candidates will have to download the scorecard and take a printout of the results for the CEED 2022 selection process.
CEED 2022 Admit Card
- After the successful registration of entrance exam, CEED 2022 admit card will be released by the exam conducting body.
- Candidate will be able to see his/her admit card through online mode from the official website of CEED.
- The admit card contains all the basic information such as candidate roll no, category, gender, photograph, exam, time etc.
- candidate should show his/her admit card whenever the invigilator asks for it.
- Without admit card no one will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Candidate should preserve his/her admit card till the entire admission process gets completed
CEED 2022 Test Centres
The following CEED 2022 test centers have been prescribed by the competent authority. After the application form is submitted, no applicant can change his or her choice of test center.
- Ahmedabad Kolkata
- Bengaluru Kozhikode
- Bhopal Lucknow
- Bhubaneswar Mumbai
- Chandigarh Nagpur
- Chennai Panaji
- Dehradun Patna
- Delhi Pune
- Ernakulam Raipur
- Guwahati Thiruvananthapuram
- Hyderabad Thrissur
- Jaipur Vishakhapatnam
CEED 2022 Preparation Tips
Here we include the best way to prepare for admission to CEED 2022. Preparation tips will help you get good marks on your entry to CEED 2022.
- First, plan your exam planning routine to help you cover all the exam topics that are important to you.
- Follow the schedule of the day to day analysis.
- It is very important for you to first check the actual exam pattern CEED exam syllabus and CEED marking scheme before you begin your preparation which will help you get a clear idea about the CEED entrance exams.
- Question papers and solved papers from the previous year will definitely help you get the trends in question and the chances that questions from the previous year may be repeated.
CEED 2022 Results
- After the examination, the exam conducting authority releases the results on its official website. Results will be declared in March 2022.
- Candidate can check the result on the official website.
- Counselling is strictly based on the performance of the candidate.
- On the basis of the performance of the candidate in Part B examination the Merit list will be prepared.
CEED 2022 Cut Off
In order to be selected for further admission rounds, candidates must secure minimum cut off marks. Candidates will appear for the Part B exam upon clearing the Part A exam.
- The CEED cut off for Part B will be prepared on the basis of various factors such as – number of candidates appearing, number of seats available, level of test difficulty, and number of candidates qualifying.
- The cut-off marks are 90 % of the open category for shortlisting OBC-NCL candidates.
- However, it will be 50 % of the open category for ST / SC / PWD candidates.
CEED 2022 Scorecard
Candidates will download their CEED 2022 Scorecard by logging in as of March 2022. The scorecard shows important applicant and rank information, level of merit, and status of the candidate.
The Scorecard is valid for a period of one year following declaration of results.
CEED 2022 Merit List
CEED 2022 Merit List will be released soon after the results have been published via online mode. The board shall prepare and publish the merit list based on the marks secured in the Part B examination.
Applicants must first clear their Part A test to appear for Part B. Qualifying applicants will be placed in the merit list for the next evaluation process after satisfactory Part A and then Part B test.
CEED 2022 Admission
- The qualified candidates will apply in various respective institutions based on CEED 2022 ratings.
- No admission / counselling process will be coordinated by the board for CEED 2022 Admission.
- For applicants, the individual institutions must schedule an aptitude test or an interview.
- The applicants will be admitted after reviewing their aptitude test or interview performance and the entrance examination score.
CEED 2022 Participating Institution
The participating institutes of CEED are the institutes in which admission for postgraduate courses in design programmes will be offered based on CEED score. The participating institutions of CEED are mentioned below.
- IIT Kanpur: Design Programme
- IIITDM Jabalpur: Design Discipline
- IIT Guwahati: Department of Design
- IIT Bombay: Industrial Design Center
- IIT Hyderabad: Department of Design
- IIT Delhi: Instrument Design and Development Centre
- IISc Bangalore: Center for Product Design and Manufacturing
Apart from the seven participating institutes, there are certain colleges and universities which share the CEED score. The following institutes and universities will allot some seats based on CEED score.
- Anant National University
- World University of Design (WUD)
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES)
- DJ Academy of Design, Coimbatore
- CIT Kokrajhar
- Lovely Professional University (LPU)
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Jain University, Bangalore
- ISDI School Of Design & Innovation, Mumbai
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
CEED Contact Details
In the event of confusion at any stage of the examination, do not forget to contact the official conducting authority. Their contact information is given below:
Address: Chairman JEE (Advanced)-UCEED-CEED 2022
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Contact No: +91-22-25769093 / 9094 (Mon to Fri 09:30 – 17:30 hrs)
E-Mail Address: [email protected]
CEED 2022 FAQ’S
When and how will the CEED 2022 registration process start?
The application process is expected to start from the fourth week of October 2021 through online mode.
How can I make registration fee payment for CEED 2022?
The registration fee payment can be made by online (debit/ credit card/ net banking) or offline (through DD) mode.
Can I make corrections in the details of the CEED 2022 registration form?
Yes, you can make corrections in registration details when the correction facility opens in the first week of January 2022.
When will the CEED 2022 entrance test be organized?
The entrance exam will be conducted in the third week of January 2022.
In what mode will be the CEED 2022 entrance test held?
Part A of the entrance test will be held in online mode whereas Part 2 will be in Pen and paper mode (offline).
In case of any query regarding CEED 2022, you can ask your query in the comments section below.