CAPTEST 2020 is the Communication Aptitude Test, that is designed to evaluate students based on interest, aptitude, and potential for adapting to a professional communication course.
The Amrita University of Mass Communication conducts it annually.
This exam offers admission into the 3 year B.A Mass Communication Programme, 2 year M.A Communication Programme and Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism.
Candidates can get admission into undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Amrita University.
The entrance test will be held at Ettimadai campus of Amrita University.
The admission procedure is expected to commence from November.
In this section, you will find all the information related to Amrita University of Mass Communication Entrance exam.
CAPTEST 2020 Important Dates
Following are the details for undergraduate courses. The information given below is tentative.
Candidates should fill the application form before the last date of the application ends. Candidates are advised to register.
|Last date to submit application form||May 2020|
|Date of examination||May 2020|
|Personal Interview||May 2020|
|Declaration of result||May 2020|
|Last date of fee submission||May 2020|
The courses offered by the university are B.A Mass Communication, M.A in Communication, P.G Diploma in Journalism, and PhD in Communication.
CAPTEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applying candidates should meet the following criteria to apply for the examination conducted by Amrita University.
The following criteria are according to the information that released officially by the University.
|B.A Mass Communication||Should possess 50% aggregate in 10+2 examination or should have any equivalent qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi||1. Communication Aptitude Test|
2. Personal Interview.
|M.A in Communication and P.G. Diploma in Journalism||Must have cleared their graduation examination or Should possess 50% aggregate in 10+2+3 examination||1. Communication Aptitude test|
2. Group Discussion
3. Personal Interview
- Should obtain a certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi by the candidates who completed their education from foreign Universities.
- Candidates who are having 70% aggregate marks during the first two years of their degree will be exempted from Communication Aptitude Test.
CAPTEST 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern of CAPTEST will differ according to the circumspection of the examiners.
CAPTEST 2020 Syllabus
The CAPTEST sections differ according to the Examiners.
The topics covered are Indian current affairs, Logical Reasoning, and English Grammar.
CAPTEST 2020 Application Form
- The application will be made available in the online mode on the official website of Amrita University
- The application form will be available for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses will be available.
- Submission of application will be in offline mode
- Students should fill all the details in the application form and send the application form through post along with all the necessary documents and application fee before the last date
- Along with the application form, the candidate should submit 2 recent passport size photographs
- Should submit attested copies of 10th and 12th mark sheet for B.A Courses
- 10th and 12th mark sheets and all semesters mark sheets of the bachelor’s programme if applying for M.A courses.
- Community certificate.
CAPTEST 2020 Application Fee
Rs.500 – Application fee that has to be paid by the aspirants for CAPTEST 2020.
CAPTEST 2020 Guidelines
- Candidates should not submit multiple application forms
- Candidates should make a DD in favour of Amrita University and should send it along with application form.
- Without DD application form will be rejected.
- Changes in the application form will not be allowed
- Should produce original mark sheet for verification then only the candidate is allowed to write the test
- Should carry the mark sheet to the examination hall if not the candidate is not allowed.
Exams You Might Like
CAPTEST 2020 Admit Card
- Admit card will be issued generally before two weeks or 15days before the commencement of exam.
- It can be downloaded through online mode from the official website of Amrita University.
- Admit card contains the basic details of the applying candidate such as candidate name, Registration number, address, seat number, center etc.
- Hall ticket will not be sent by post.
- In order to download the admit card, the candidate needs to fill in the details that are mentioned at the time of applying for the examination.
- It is mandatory for students to bring in the admit card to write the test, in failing to do so the candidate will not be allowed to write the examination.
- The candidates are required to show the admit card to the invigilator whenever he asks for it.
- It is suggested to keep the admit card with the student until all the process of admission is completed.
CAPTEST 2020 Result
Results of CAPTEST 2020 will be declared in May 2020 tentatively.
Exam participants can check their results by logging in the official website of Amrita Vishwavidhyapeetham.
Candidates have to enter their details mentioned on the admit card to view the results.
Only the qualified students are eligible to appear for counselling.
The counselling process will be strictly based on the performance of the students.
Amrita results indicate score obtained and merit position.
CAPTEST 2020 Counselling
Counselling will begin in few days after the declaration of result.
All the eligible candidates will be invited for counselling.
Admissions will be strictly based on the marks obtained by the candidates.
Qualified candidates should bring all the original documents with them.
You will be called to counselling on the basis of merit list.