The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the National Defence Academy (NDA) exams twice in a year, generally in the month of April and September.
The candidates who qualify all stages of NDA exam are selected for the training under National Defence Academy.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- A candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Tibetan refugee who come over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- The age range for NDA 1 2021 is from 2nd Jan 2002 to 2nd Jan 2005.
- Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA.
- Candidates must undertake not to marry until they finish their complete training.
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Candidates have to be physically fit as per the physical standards notified by the officials.
- The NDA Entrance exam will consist of two paper i.e. paper A and paper B.
- The entrance exam will be held in both English as well as the Hindi Language.
- The test will be conducted through offline mode.
- Each question will contain four alternative answers out of which candidates have to choose the correct one only.
- There will be a negative marking for incorrect answers given by candidates.
|Mathematics||01||2 hours & 30 minutes||300|
|General Ability Test||02||2 hours & 30 minutes||600|
Concept of set, operations on sets, venn diagrams, types of matrices, operations on matrices, determinant of a matrix, trigonometrical ratios, trigonometric identities sum and difference formulae, distance formula. equation of a line in various forms, angle between two lines, distance of a point from a line, equation of a circle in standard and in general form, composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions, notion of limit, standard limits, etc.
GAT (General Aptitude Test):
Vocabulary, grammar and usage, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English. It tests the candidate’s understanding of English and the use of words.
- Pathfinder for NDA entrance exam by Arihant Publication.
- NDA exam preparation upkar prakashan by Upkar Prakashan.
- Mathematics of NDA or NA by RS Aggrawal.
- Compendium General Knowledge 2021 with Latest Facts & Data by Kumar Sundram.
- Chapterwise-Section wise Solved Papers NDA & NA (Mathematics/English/General Ability) with Explanatory Solutions by Experts Compilation etc.
How to Prepare:
Make efficient study timetable according to the syllabus mentioned above.
Work on your physical health which will be useful in a personal interview. Do regular exercise giving at least an hour every day and eat right. You can consult a dietician for the right kind of diet you can have during the preparation of NDA.
Work hard on studying. Starts from the basics and then work your way in thoroughly. Focus on mathematics basic chapters giving Integration the most focus.
Make notes and write them in your language. Try revising them every day before starting studying.
Don’t forget to do your favourite things and always do things that make you happy at least once a day.
Solve previous year question papers and take online mock tests.
Work on your speed in solving the exam paper.
Work on your English fluency and grammar part.
Work hard. All the best.