Agriculture is the rise of sedentary human civilization. Agricultural studies work on the skills of production of food and fibre. Agriculture is the world’s largest and most diverse industry.
Agricultural studies have the most exposure and maximum career options.
We often believe that good marks in 12th class are the path to success but that’s not true. For success, skill and talent are the most important ingredients. To achieve anything in life, it’s really important to learn the skill of performing the tasks and understand the needs of the field.
To prove it, many colleges believe in the scheme of entrance tests rather than merit-based admissions.
Just like every other course, Agricultural studies need the highest of the skills and a desire to learn new things every day. To help you grow and learn there are a lot of good colleges in India which offer Agricultural courses. And here is the list of few entrance exams of Agricultural Studies in India :
Table of Contents
AGRICET Entrance exam will be conducted in the month of July 2018. This entrance exam is conducted by Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University.
This exam is the direct ticket to the course of BSc Agriculture.
- A 2-year diploma in Agriculture/Seed Technology from ANGRAU/PJTSAU.
- The candidate must be between 17 to 22 years of age.
For Admission: http://www.angrau.ac.in
2. CG Pre Agriculture Test (PAT)
CG PAT exam is conducted by Chhattisgarh Professional Exam Board, Raipur for the admissions in Agriculture and Horticulture colleges of Indira Gandhi Agricultural University.
- Students with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects, can apply.
- Candidate should have a state domicile of Chhattisgarh.
- Candidate should be over 16 years of age.
Exam pattern :
- Total Questions: 200
- Total Marks: 200
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
For Admissions: http://cgvyapam.choice.gov.in
3. GB Pant University Admission Test (GBPUAT)
This test is conducted by GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology. Admission to it’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs are done on the basis of GBPUAT.
Entrance exams take place in the month of June every year.
- Candidate should be a 10+2 pass out.
- The candidate should have Science, Mathematics and Biology as subjects in intermediate.
- The candidate should have secured 50% aggregate in 10+2
- For Postgraduate courses, the candidate should have a BSc degree in Agricultural, Horticulture, Forestry etc.
For Admissions: http://www.gbpuat.ac.in
4. Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) – AIEEA UG & PG
This exam is conducted by Indian Council of Agricultural Research to fill 15% seats in Bachelor’s degree and 25% in Master’s degree.
Entrance exams are conducted in the month of June every year.
- The candidate should be a pass out of 10+2
- The candidate needs to clear the entrance test conducted by the college. Candidates are then, shortlisted.
- For PG Courses, the candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree from any recognised institute.
5. Indira Gandhi Agricultural University CET
IGKV CET is an entrance exam for admissions in Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya University.
Exam Pattern :
- Total Questions: 200
- Type: MCQ
- Time: 2 hour
- For PG Courses, a candidate should have a GPA of 6.0 out of 10 or 60% marks.
- For UG Courses, the candidate should have secured 50% aggregate marks in 10+2
For Admission: https://igkvmis.cg.nic.in/index.aspx
6. MCAER Common Entrance Test (CET)
This entrance exam is conducted by Maharashtra Agricultural University Examination Board (MAUEB).
Entrance exam generally takes place in the month of March every year.
|NDA Exam Preparation, Study Time Table, Books|
|Most Popular Engineering Entrance Exams in India |
|National Aptitude Test in Architecture Exam Preparation, Study Time Table|
- For PG Courses, a candidate should have a degree in the relative course.
These are some of the most common agricultural studies entrance examination. You can choose from many others and select the course which suits you well.
Browse through different websites and colleges and check seats, eligibility criteria, fees etc.
Agricultural is a field of skill, talent and hard work. Work hard and study well. It is one of the most successful course.
You can choose from different fields and have a variety of career options.