AP PGLCET 2021 Exam Pattern as shared by the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education has shared the AP PGLCET 2021 Exam Pattern which provides information about the structure of the question paper such as subjects, type of questions, marking scheme, and weightage. The mode of examination will be Computer-based. Candidates have to attempt a total of 120 questions in 90 minutes.
|Apply For Admissions 2021 (Open Now)|
|Chandigarh University, Punjab|
|GD Goenka University, Gurgaon|
|Manav Rachna, Haryana|
The Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test (AP PGLCET) exam is conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University on behalf of APSCHE. This exam is held every year for law course admission such as the LL.M.
Highlights of AP PGLCET 2021
|Type of test paper||Objective type|
|Exam duration||90 mins|
|Total number of questions||120|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each question|
AP PGLCET Exam Pattern 2021
APSCHE released the exam pattern of AP PGLCET 2021 online. The exam pattern sheds light on the structure of the test. To interpret the test modalities the applicants are required to refer to the exam pattern of AP PGLCET. According to the AP PGLCET 2021 exam pattern, the mode of examination will be online at numerous test centres across the state. Candidates have to attempt 120 Multiple Choice Questions with 4 answer choices. More information about the examination pattern of AP PGLCET 2021 are as follows:
- The maximum number of marks that can be scored is 120.
- Nature of Questions: Objective (MCQs)
- Medium of Exam: English only
- Each question carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking scheme.
- As per AP PGLCET Exam Pattern, the candidates have to complete 120 questions within the duration of 90 minutes.
AP PGLCET 2021 Minimum Qualifying Marks
|Unreserved category||30 marks|
|SC/ST||No qualifying marks|
AP PGLCET Syllabus 2021
There are two parts in the paper, each is created to test the knowledge of Indian Laws that the candidate possess. of testing a candidate’s knowledge of Indian Laws. The entire exam is designed to test how much candidates have learned about the law during graduation. The key topics are as follows:
AP PGLCET LLM Syllabus – Part I
There are 40 questions of 1 mark each in this section. The significant topics from this section has been mentioned below.
JURISPRUDENCE (20 Ques. | 20 Marks)
- Custom Precedent and Legislation
- Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions
- Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law
- Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession
CONSTITUTIONAL LAW (20 Ques. | 20 Marks)
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Center-State Relations
- Amendments to the constitution
- Nature of the Constitution: Fundamental Rights
- Executive Judiciary and Legislature
- Emergency provisions
AP PGLCET LLM Syllabus – Part II
There are mainly 80 questions of 1 mark each, the significant topics of this section has been mentioned below.
PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL LAW (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- International Law and Municipal Law
- State Jurisdiction
- Nationality and Statelessness
- United Nations
- Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space
MERCANTILE LAW (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- Sections. 1-75
- General Principles of Contract
- Indian Contract Act-1872
LABOUR LAW (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- Industrial Disputes Act 1947
- Trade Union Act 1926
CRIMES and TORTS (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions
- Joint liability
- TORTS: General Principles of Tort
IPR & OTHER LAWS (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000
- Copyright Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970
- The Right to Information Act 2005
- Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- Environmental Protection Act, 1986
Recommended Books for AP PGLCET LLM
|Universal’s Guide to LL.M. Entrance Examination||Gaurav Mehta|
|Guide to LLM Entrance Examination||Showick Thorpe|
|Amar Law Publication’s Indian Constitutional Law : The New Challenges for LLM||Sheetal Kanwal|
AP PGLCET Exam Day Guidelines
Generally, the admit card of AP PGLCET contains the exam day instruction for the candidates. Candidates are advised to read the exam day instructions carefully before going to appear in the examination. Some of the important instructions are mentioned below.
- Candidates must bring the AP PGLCET admit card along with an original and valid ID such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID or Passport.
- Candidates must report at the examination centre at least half an hour before the commencement of the test.
- Candidates must not carry any electronic gadgets such as calculators, mobile phones, watches etc. Candidates found in possession of prohibited items will either be allowed to deposit such items outside the examination or will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- It is also advised to the candidates to visit the exam centre location a day before the examination.
AP PGLCET Exam Pattern 2021 FAQ’S
What type of questions will be asked in AP PGLCET 2021?
The test paper of AP PGLCET 2021 will include multiple choice questions from the LLB graduation subjects.
On what factors does the cutoff depends?
The PGLCET 2021 Cutoff depends upon various factors such as the Total number of applicants, difficulty level of the question paper and availability of seats.
How many questions in AP PGLCET 2021 will be asked from Constitutional law?
According to the AP PGLCET exam pattern, a total of 20 questions will be asked from Constitutional law.
What is the marking scheme for the exam?
PGLCET 2021 consists of 120 questions. Every correct answer will be given 1 mark, while there is no provision of negative marking.