Army welfare Educational society will conduct the Written Aptitude Test of AIFD (Army Institute of Fashion and Design) 2021. It is a National level entrance exam. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into 3-year Fashion and Apparel Design Affiliated to Bangalore University.
Candidates who belong to the family of serving army members are eligible to apply for the entrance exam. The admission process is strictly based on the performance of the candidate. Qualified students are allotted 60 seats and 10% of the seats are allotted to the Karnataka people.
In this article, you will find all the related information about AIED 2021 such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, application form, etc.
AIFD WAT 2021 Overview
Candidates can check some of the major highlights for the exam in the table below:
|Exam Name||Army Institute of Fashion & Design Written Admission Test|
|Conducted By||Army Institute of Fashion and Design, Bangalore|
|AIFD WAT Exam Mode||Offline|
|AIFD WAT Exam Duration||03 Hours (180 Minutes)|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type Questions – 70 questions Drawing Questions – 03 questions|
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Science in Fashion and Apparel Design|
AIFD 2021 Important Dates
In this section, you will get all the related information about the important dates of AIFD 2021.
|Application form is available from||1st week of February 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||March 2021|
|Admit card allotment||March 2021|
|Written admission test||April 2021|
|Declaration of results||May 2021|
|Last date of registration||May 2021|
|Final list of students||May 2021|
|Last date of payment||June 2021|
|Last date to withdraw seat||3rd week of June 2021|
|Commencement of classes||June 2021|
AIFD 2021 Application Form
The candidates qualifying the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for the exam, in this section, the candidate will find all the details about AIFD 2021 Application Form:
- Candidate should read the information carefully before applying
- Application form is available in online mode from 1st week of February 2021
- Candidate can download the application form from the official website i.e. aifdonline.in
- Should submit the application form in offline mode only
- Candidate should fill all the relevant information that Is mentioned in the application form
- Candidate should pay the application fee before applying
- Without paying the application fee, the candidate will not be able to apply for the examination
- Candidate can pay the application fee by choosing through DD
- DD should be drawn in favour of “Army Institute of Fashion and Design” payable at Bangalore.
- Candidate should send the filled in application form along with DD to the following address
- It is advised to keep a photocopy of the application form for future reference till the admission process is over
Army Institute of Fashion Design,
AIFD 2021 Application Fee
Candidates will be required to submit INR 500/- DD (as indicated above) to the office for AIFD WAT 2021 Application Form (anyone as mentioned above).
AIFD 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates, who would like to give the entrance exam, should check the following eligibility criteria. Only the candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria are allowed to give the entrance exam
AIFD admissions are strictly reserved for Army Personnel / Eligible ex Army staff and Army War Widows / Widows. Check out the AIFD criteria for eligibility in detail below.
- The candidates’ parents should have served in the army for at-least ten years.
- The wards of medically boarded and granted disability wards of recruits are also qualified.
Adopted / Step Children of Remarried Widows
- Candidates should have been adopted at least 5 years before they could be accepted.
- The candidate should have been born from a marriage in which at least one of the parents belongs to the military.
Some Special Cases
- Former army doctors / army dentists currently working for Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who served 10 members of the Army are eligible to apply for this service.
- APS / MNS / TA Person children (10 years of service should have been completed)
- For UG: Applicants must have secured atleast 35% in the 11th and 12th standard.
- For PG: The applicants need to have atleast 50% in Science / Engineering in Fashion & Apparel Design / Textiles & Clothing / Apparel & Fashion Technology / Fashion Designing / Costume & Apparel Design / Costume Design and Fashion / Textile Technology / Silk Technology course as their Bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants need to be certified by MH / RMO / Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course.
Wards of Gallantry Award Winners
- This weightage is added to the applicant’s CBT score at the time of preparation of the AIFD result.
|Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal||3%|
|Uttam Yudh Seva Medal||2%|
|Yudh Seva Medal||1%|
|Mention in Dispatches||1%|
|Wards of War Widows||5%|
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2021 Seat Intake
Candidates can check out the AIFD 2021 seat intake from the table below.
|Name of Course||Number of Seats|
|UG Course in B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design)||60|
|PG Course in M.Sc (Fashion and.Apparel Design||20|
AIFD 2021 Exam Pattern
- AIFD WAT is a Pen Paper offline, 03 hour of duration test.
- The entry examination AIFD WAT 2021 shall include 1 test paper describing 73 total questions, of which 70 questions pertaining to objective types, multi-choice questions and the remaining 03 questions related to design and drawing.
- Maximum marks are 100 and for the correct answer per question, the form has one (1) mark. AIFD WAT 2021 does not apply the negative marking scheme.
- The AIFD WAT test entrance paper may be divided into 2 parts objective type questions and drawings questions.
- Objective Type Questions: (70 marks)
- General Knowledge
- General Reasoning
- Drawing Question: (30 marks)
- Drawing and Essay or Description writing on drawing the subject
|Language of paper||English|
|Duration of paper||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Objective|
Candidate is evaluated on the basis of intelligence and reasoning test, General awareness test, English language competency and comprehension test.
Pattern of Questions Paper in AIFD WAT 2021
The paper wise distribution of sections and questions in each section is tabulated below for reference:
|Paper Parts:||Name of the Section Topics||Max. Question||Max. Marks||Weightage|
|Part-I||Gen. Knowledge and Gen||70||70||70%|
|Drawing and Essay Writing|
AIFD WAT 2021 Exam Center
The AIFD WAT 2021 examination shall take place in 06 Indian cities. Exam Centers may change in the event of any unforeseen circumstances, so that the applicant understands the latest updates on the AIFD WAT 2021, as known on the Aifdonline.in official website.
Below here, all exam centers are being mentioned for ready reference:
|Center Code||Cities (Code)||
|1||Pune (01 )||Army Public School Near Signal Regiment Southern Command; Sholapur Road, Pune- 411 001||020 – 26102255 020 – 26362304 020- 26341404 2255 (Military)|
|2||Bangalore (02)||Army Public School Abdul Hamid Barracks Kamaraj Road, Bangalore – (Karnataka) 560042||080 -25361238 6903(Military)|
|3||Delhi (03)||Army Public School Shankar Vihar, Delhi Cantt – 110 010||011-26155645011-26153558|
|4||Kolkata (04)||Army Public School Ballygunge Maidan Camp Kolkata-700019||033-24742968033-24767629 6758 & 6579(Mil)|
|5||Lucknow (05)||Army Public School LBS Margt. Lucknow Cantt. (U.P.) 226002||0522-2296929 6929 (Military)|
|6||Guwahati (06)||Army School Narangi PO Satgaon Guwahati 781027 (Assam)||0361 – 2642299 6075 (Military)|
AIFD 2021 Syllabus
The student who is appearing for the exam should read possess proper knowledge on the following:
Logical reasoning, Series/sequence, Numerical ability, Politics, Current affairs, History, Computer, Science and General knowledge.
|Topics for AIFD WAT exam||Description|
|General Knowledge||History of Art and Design History of Religion, Freedom Movements, Ruling Dynasties Current Affairs – Sports, Awards, FilmsGeneral ScienceType of Contemporary Designing Technology and Fashions Companies and Brands|
|General Reasoning||Find the odd one out Basic mathematical calculations Relations Matching the related words Coding & Decoding|
|Sketch, Design, Drawing and Essay Writing||Make a sketch similar to showing in Test Paper Design any image of Dress, Ring, Necklace, Hat, and Pendant in different geometric shapes etc. Drawing any given scene like Nature, Raining, Crowd, Bus Stop, Restaurant, Temple, Garden, School etc and write some descriptive lines like essay|
AIFD 2021 Admit Card
After successfully applying for the entrance exam, AIFD 2021 admit card will be released by the exam conducting body through a registered post.
- If any of the students do not receive the admit card he/she should report it to the AIFD.
- The admit card contains all the basic information such as candidate roll no, category, gender, exam time etc.
- The candidate should show his/her admit card whenever the invigilator asks for it.
- Without admit card no one will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Candidate should preserve his/her admit card till the entire admission process gets completed.
AIFD 2021 Results
On official website and on notice page, the AIFD 2021 results for CBT are published by AIFD. This list consists of candidate name, examination name and roll number. It is provided in the form of a list of merit. Based on the performance of the CBT or of CAT & Interview the merit list is produced. The amount required for the registration fee and the hostel fee must be paid by selected candidates after a declaration of results.
Criteria of Tie Breaker:
In the event that more than one candidate obtains the same score in the entrance examination, the following order of priority shall be decided on the inter-section merit:
- Graduate students in science subjects with higher aggregate mark / percentage in graduation will be ranked higher.
- Graduate students in subjects with higher aggregate marks / percentage in graduation will be placed higher on the merit list.
- Applicants who obtain higher marks in the Language Competency & Comprehension Test component of the CBT will be given preference in the merit list.
- For UG courses as per candidate’s performance and admission to the university.
AIFD 2021 Counselling
AIFD WAT 2021 Counseling is essentially a process for the allocation of seats and the completion of other admission rules and procedures. Applicants must submit original Academic Documents, Domicile Certificate, Category Proof, AIFD WAT Admit Card, etc.
- Candidates who have achieved higher ranks in the merit list will be given the first chance for reserve seats.
- There would be only one round of counseling and admission.
- Once the results have been declared, the candidates will be informed of the deposit of the registration fee for the course INR 10000/-and the hostel fee INR 5000/-.
- Upon completion of the registration process within 3-4 days of the result, the final list of selected candidates will be declared on the official website of the institute, i.e. www.aifdonline.in.
- Finally, the selected candidates will have to pay the rest of the fee for the first year of the course.
- After consulting, the seat will have to be reserved by depositing the admission fee, the original documents with the admission form, and other fees within a specified period of time.
- If the candidate fails to submit the admission fee within the time allowed, the admission will be canceled and the seat will be made available to the next rank holder in the waiting list.
- No change in course/campus will be possible if the candidate has been successfully admitted to any course after the counseling process and the candidate’s seat is reserved.
- Candidates may withdraw from admission within a period of time. The fee paid for registration and the hostel shall be refunded after deduction of INR 4000/-for processing fees for admission.
Documents Required During Counselling: (In original Form)
- Filled in Admission form
- Score Card and Admit Card of AIFD WAT 2021
- Admission Fee in Cash or DD or Print of Online Payment Acknowledgement
- Proof of being ward Army Personnel
- Proof of Award given to Parents of Candidate (for which benefit in admission is provided)
- Mark sheets and pass certificate of H.S.C / S.S.C. / Equivalent from the Board of Secondary Education / CBSE / ICSC as the case may be.
- Consent of Parents / Legal Guardian for admission in prescribed format
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- Migration Certificate from the University / Board of last attended if required
- Karnataka Domicile / Bonafide Certificate (if admitted under privilege given to Karnataka Domicile)
- Medical Fitness Certificate in prescribed Form
- Identity Proof as Aadhaar Card / Passport / Voter ID / or School ID issued by the competent authority
In case the candidate fails in submitting the above mentioned documents during a counselling session or within the stipulated time, admission will be canceled.
For details about different prescribed formats and forms, please refer to Admission Brochure.
AIFD 2021 FAQ’S
AIFD 2021 application process is expected to start from the fourth week of February 2021 through online mode.
The registration fee payment can be made by offline (through DD) mode.
The entrance exam will be conducted in the third week of April 2021.
The entrance test will be held in Pen and paper mode (offline).
No, there is no negative marking in AIFD.
In case of any query regarding AIFD 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section below.